Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-168.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrideRed (Post 5015853)
GX is the VFM variant. With 2020 update it gets all features including ESP, Hill Hold. Only stuff you will miss are ACC and projector lamps. ZX gets 7 airbags but too much premium for airbags and few other nice to have features. Get VX only if you need ACC and projector lamps with 8 seats.

Thanks for the inputs PrideRed. As the car is used by my dad most of the time along with the driver, I feel going for GX AT or VX MT makes sense as the Z has similar features as VX and I feel VX is more VFM than Z.

If we go for VX, will get only the seat covers done and if needed, will change the taillights to smoked as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sv97 (Post 5015050)
Compared to my 2013 Innova this feels like a completely different car with no relation to that.

Finally, attaching a few pictures now sorry for the poor camera quality and lighting conditions as they were taken from my phone.
Will be posting a few pics with the accessories and also pics of the interior in future posts.

Hi, Liked the alloy wheels in this facelifted crysta.Are are 16in or 17in?

Quote:

Originally Posted by caraholic (Post 5016302)
Hi, Liked the alloy wheels in this facelifted crysta.Are are 16in or 17in?

They are 17 inchers. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayantankar (Post 5011859)
Hi, do any of you have any idea about the size of the led bulbs for the crysta? I am asking about the Brake and indicator. Looking to change all the bulbs in the car to Led and i havent been able to find the exact size. T20-7440-W21W) (T20-7443-W21/5w, Are any of these correct?

The bulb specs are:-
For the indicators you need resistors or else it will hyperflash and since there is no flasher relay (that I could find anyways) changing relay is also not an option. In mine I let them hyperflash as I cannot justify putting resistors wasting away current as heat.

Hi everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my Crysta 2.4 GX AT Headlamp (High and low beam), fog lamp (after market setup) front parking light and puddle light bulbs.
I will prefer 6000k for Low beam, Fog lamps, Parking light and 4200k for high beam.
My trusted car accessory shop in Delhi has suggested KHM brand LEDs for all of the above costing around 18000 INR
Is it good to install HID in reflectors? Hope aftermarket LEDs and HIDs don't void warranty.
Any recommended brands/stores for LED/ HID set up. I am looking of a long term reliable plug and play solution.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 5016639)
Hi everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my Crysta 2.4 GX AT Headlamp (High and low beam), fog lamp (after market setup) front parking light and puddle light bulbs.
I will prefer 6000k for Low beam, Fog lamps, Parking light and 4200k for high beam.
My trusted car accessory shop in Delhi has suggested KHM brand LEDs for all of the above costing around 18000 INR
Is it good to install HID in reflectors? Hope aftermarket LEDs and HIDs don't void warranty.
Any recommended brands/stores for LED/ HID set up. I am looking of a long term reliable plug and play solution.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Do not use HID in the GX headlamps the beam pattern will be all over and not well defined. You can use LEDs if the LED bulb is built to halogen's filament placement spec, if not you will have a poor beam pattern and throw. Philips Ultinon, XTreme Ultinon etc are great with respect to beam pattern and light. If you want long term reliable solution go with Philips/Osram/Morimoto etc. I'm using a china brand LED sold on amazon as autobahn lighting and by some other name elsewhere, this has a proper beam cutoff and more light than the Philips XTreme Ultinon I had.

Do note that proper beam cut off does not come automatically when you install an LED bulb. After you install the LED you should clock/rotate it so that the bulb is aligned vertically inside the reflector, meaning the LED chip should point sideways. Some LEDs have a set screw (Philips/PIAA) to align the unit and some have a ratcheting base (autobahn from amazon) to align the unit.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-ledclocking.png

If you are not cutting OE wiring there is no reason for them to void warranty. For LED bulb replacement install no wires need to be cut and no relay kit is to be used. The draw will be less than stock halogens anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bravo82in (Post 5016639)
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

Regards

Based on my experience with HID's for the high-beam on my Fortuner earlier I would suggest not going for them as they require ballasts and relays and also there are very high chances they may knock of early maybe in less than an year as well. I don't know about KMH HID's or other branded HID's like OSRAM, Morimoto etc. but the ones my accessory shop installed way back in 2015 were not good at all. Another issue with HID is it takes time for the bulb to heat and light up hence during the day every time you would have to switch on the high beam for a few seconds so that the dipper can be used effectively.

Coming to LED's they are plug and play so no wire cutting or warranty void issues. I would suggest either go for branded ones like Philips if you want to spend a lot or else go for imported chinese ones with 1 year replacement warranty because KMH also is a chinese brand only mostly and paying that kind of premium for KMH does not make sense.

A imported chinese LED bulb 6000K with 1 year replacement warranty would cost you around Rs 2500. I recently got a pair installed for the high beam from one of my trusted accessories shop in my Crysta.

Hey Folks, just when I thought I had it all decided, someone threw in a question on Diesel vs Petrol Innova and the govts take on diesel cars as they age. The concern I have is, if I buy the new Innova Diesel now, will it deprecate in value because of govt norms for cleaner fuel?

Will a Petrol Innova (the very rare ones) lose lesser value as they age?

Our Innova crysta Touring Sport Diesel AT Completed the 50000 kms service at Nandi Toyota, Kudlu gate, Bengaluru.

Parts replaced

Toyota BS6 Fully synthetic oil - ₹ 3609.64
Oil Filter - ₹ 411.82
Oil Filter Gasket - ₹ 59.00

Fluid windshield wash - ₹ 70.80
Grease - ₹ 30.47
Toyota car perfume hanger ( 3 Nos ) - Free
1 box of Tissue paper - Free

Total parts cost ( inclusive of all taxes ) - ₹ 4181.73

Labour

50,000 kms inspection - ₹ 3062.10
Wheel Balancing - ₹ 802.4 INR
Wheel alignment - ₹ 962.88
Vehicle pickup and drop - Free

Total labour cost ( inclusive of all taxes ) - ₹ 4827.38

Total service cost = ₹ 9009.11

Good vibes

Bad Vibes

As always, Nandi Toyota tried to scam me with Emission control and Air cleaner line items added by default on the service quotation. They did not even care to explain to me as to what it is until I started questioning it. I asked the service advisor what is this and he said, this is to avoid smoke coming from exhaust. I told there is no smoke coming even now. Then he mentioned, it's good for the vehicle. I asked him to show me the advisory from Toyota which says "It's good for the vehicle". He said, there is no such advisory. I asked him to change the quotation with just the line items that Toyota recommends for 50000 kms service. The thing I hate the most is that this is not a one off behaviour. This is a consistent experience I get from Nandi Toyota, Kudlu gate where I have to consciously take the initiative to correct/remove these scam line items. I had complained this multiple times to them when they take feedback and they told me that they will educate the customers explicitly before adding such line items again. But, this keeps happening. So, it deserves a mention here. For anyone giving car for Toyota service, I will highly recommend checking the Toyota service cost calculator from Toyota Q Service page and check for any variation in the quotation given by the service advisor. Question it and see if it's a scam ( Emissions control or air cleaner or something similar )

Things put on hold

The service advisor called me during the service and told that the front wiper blades have started giving small lines and that he'll recommend changing it. Toyota has the option to change just the rubber in the wiper and not the full wiper blade. Since, I did not find anything so irritating to be replaced and since the monsoon is still a few months away, I asked him to not do anything for now and that I'll get it changed before next monsoon. The wiper blade rubber for the front wipers would have costed me around 1000 INR. I have never replaced this in the 3.25 years of ownership.

Picture time

HSRP Number plates by Nandi Toyota
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-hsrp_nandi_toyota.jpeg

The 'third registration plate' sticked on the windshield!
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-hsrp_sticker.jpeg

HSRP - front
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-hsrp_front.jpeg

Proof for the scam run by Nandi Toyota, Kudlu gate
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-nandi_scam.png

The 'Tempo' after service
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-car_after_service.jpeg

Planning a trip to Spiti via Shimla during the Holi weekend - March 27 to April 3. Wondering if I can take the Crysta or should go only in a proper 4x4. Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 5017007)
Our Innova crysta Touring Sport Diesel AT Completed the 50000 kms service at Nandi Toyota, Kudlu gate, Bengaluru.

[*]Nandi Toyota now started offering High Security Registration plates

Bad Vibes

As always, Nandi Toyota tried to scam me with Emission control and Air cleaner line items added by default on the service quotation. They did not even care to explain to me as to what it is until I started questioning it.

I will highly recommend checking the Toyota service cost calculator from

Thank you Amalji.

Mine at 55K is ready for service and I was told they their EQ60 is not active yet at Nandi, Kanakpura. So, I was planning to take the car to Kudlu Gate one.

And you’re right, they try to sneak in something during service. I have to wear a lens and listen carefully during the estimate times and question, else an additional 2-3K is gone and this is always been a frustrating experience with Nandi. I did pick this up with their service GM and it still doesn’t stop.

Good to know Nandi is able to arrange HSRP number plates. I’ll do this in my coming service.

And good suggestion to check the estimate. I have the Toyota Connect App downloaded. Though the user interface isn’t anything great, it does provide a lot of good inputs. You can also retrieve the service history and bills from the App. You can get the service estimates. And if your policy is taken from Toyota, you also have a copy of it in the App itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sid_deb (Post 5017626)
Planning a trip to Spiti via Shimla during the Holi weekend - March 27 to April 3. Wondering if I can take the Crysta or should go only in a proper 4x4. Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated :D

You can comfortably go ahead with the plan, issue is only if you try to go ahead of Kaza and cross the Kunzum towards Manali, but I guess the route is closed!

Routes to Chitkul, kalpa, Kaza et' all are in a good shape and can be easily covered with a Crysta.

But don't forget one golden rule, in fact very strictly implement it, especially in the night as the temperature goes well below zero:
"Start the engine once every 6 hours for 15 min, the gap shall not exceed 6 hours at all". Else you will also be seen standing with an open bonnet in the morning awaiting the sun.

Recently in Chitkul, mine and an Endy were the only diesel cars in the Chutkul which started in the morning, everything else was just wasting the battery power.

EDIT: Just realized that Kaza has a snowfall forecast for even the last week of March too. I think, if the trip is just about Kalpa, Chitkul, or Tabo at max, no special requirements are there, its a plain and scenic open route throughout. If you plan to hit Kaza too, then I would suggest you keep a 10 mm Nylon Rope, 20m in length, and a cutting blade too, to tie the rope around your rear tyres; in case you encounter ice anywhere - Crysta is not an ideal car you would want to be behind the wheel of, while the road is icy. But yes, the route doesn't require a 4x4 at least these days.

I want to upgrade my headlight bulbs (low beam & high beam) for my crysta ZX AT.

Kindly suggest me the possible options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manasmadaan (Post 5017859)
I want to upgrade my headlight bulbs (low beam & high beam) for my crysta ZX AT.

Kindly suggest me the possible options.

VX/ZX has LED projector for low beam, you cannot upgrade it. High beams are HB3 bulbs which can be upgraded with HB3 LED replacement.

If you want to upgrade both low and high beams the only sensible option is to buy GX reflector headlights and do a dual projector install in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sankar (Post 5016695)
You can use LEDs if the LED bulb is built to halogen's filament placement spec, if not you will have a poor beam pattern and throw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sv97 (Post 5016698)
Based on my experience with HID's for the high-beam on my Fortuner earlier I would suggest not going for them as they require ballasts and relays and also there are very high chances they may knock of early maybe in less than an year as well.

Thank you for your valuable inputs. My previous experience with HID (Philips) in reflector in another car (Zen estilo) was not that great. Though they lasted over 7 years but the beam pattern was horrible. I have used China origin LEDs in Tata Aria but the brightness degraded over time. Also the focus and cutoff was not great either.

Ordered Autobahn M3 Luxeon ZES 6500K for low beam and Osram LED 2880CW-02B for Parking Lamp. If Autobahn turns out to be good, will order the same for Fog lamps. However I am still not able to find a reliable 4200K led for High beam.