Team-BHP - Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/177320-toyota-innova-crysta-official-review-160.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TorqueMonster (Post 4930394)
Thank you for the responses .

No I did not go to the showroom yet . I was expecting discounts since the Innova is being facelifted soon. I guess chances of discount are less now if not impossible.

If you are buying ZX, discount of about 70K might be available in December. GX usually gets about 30-40K here in Karnataka. Other than Andorid Auto, updated Crysta brings nothing new. The faux skid plate and recessed foglamps add bit to the looks if it matters. Expect a 50K premium for these plus zero discounts.

My uncle's driver seem to have misplaced the maps memory card during service. The service guys are asking ₹9500 for a new one now. Same approach taken even if the memory card stops working / not recognised when you remove them.

I dont understand why they insist on removing the SD card when you give the car for service. This is the rootcause of all problems associated with SD card in this car!!

Any alternative methods to get maps back on the dash without having to cough up such a huge amount for something which we have already paid up once?

Edit: 3 year old model if that matters

Any one can shed any light on how to update the Maps on the SD card of the Innova ? My car is nearly 45 years old and do not think any updates have happened since then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restart (Post 4931570)
Does anybody know the mileage of 2.4L Automatic Innova?

Planning on buying either Innova or Tucson. Considered Seltos but dropped all Hyundai/Kia cars except Tucson as it is a CKD unit due to poor crash test rating of Seltos from GNCAP. I’ll probably wait for next gen tucson while buying it but yea if I could get atleast 10kmpl out of Innova it would be great. I am also open to suggestions for a safe car and with Diesel Automatic. Currently own 3 cars, this is a 4th buy.

I have a crysta 2.4 z bs6 automatic. It gives me 10 to 11 in Bangalore city and with moderate driving gives around 14 on highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by null (Post 4934679)
My uncle's driver seem to have misplaced the maps memory card during service. The service guys are asking ₹9500 for a new one now. Same approach taken even if the memory card stops working / not recognised when you remove them.

I dont understand why they insist on removing the SD card when you give the car for service. This is the rootcause of all problems associated with SD card in this car!!

Any alternative methods to get maps back on the dash without having to cough up such a huge amount for something which we have already paid up once?

I had forgotten to remove the card before service and I lost it.

https://www.mapmyindia.com/store/new...buy-and-review

You may want to check this one out.

EDIT :
Just contacted MMI. I was told it won’t work. Please ignore my above msg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by null (Post 4934679)

My 2 cents. Don't replace the SD card. Instead get a second hand Android phone, put a sim and just mount it on your car windsheild as a permanent Google map device. Regrettably there is no one who sells just mobile Google map device (may be a good product idea- anyone interested). This solution will just cost you around 2 to 3 k. If you have a spare phone then this doesn't cost a thing and is a great way to recycle. The other option is to go for a Android based HU which might be costlier than the SD card itself. The maps in Toyota cars are pathetic and the SD card is actually a scam, it should not be there in the first place. By the by I own a BS6 crysta and I have a spare Android phone residing permemanantly in my car, and I have never bothered to use the maps in the HU.

Hi,
Will Pirelli 225/60/R17 profile suit the innova crysta? Suggestions are welcome. Looking forward to prompt replies.
Thanks everyone

Quote:

Originally Posted by manasmadaan (Post 4936387)
Will Pirelli 225/60/R17 profile suit the innova crysta?

Using that size will severely (negatively) affect the driving dynamics of the vehicle out on the highway, mainly because you’re using higher profile tyres. The wider contact patch will also negatively affect your fuel economy. The only benefit I see may be better ride quality.

My recommendation is to stick to the stock size (or at least stock circumference) so that your ABS & ESP (if installed) works as designed.

Do not mess with the tyre dimensions unless you know what you are doing, or you’ll cause premature wear of other suspension & front end components.

I got the VCI cable from Aliexpress and was able to setup the toolchain on the laptop - But not without help from fellow Bhpian Jav - Many thanks to you for that. The setup was really tricky with the VCI cable firmware not compatible with Win10 and I broke my head trying all sorts of workarounds. Finally upon his suggestion I setup a Win XP virtual machine on the laptop on which the toolchain setup was really smooth and it was able to connect to the cable and access the vehicle diagnostics. While this tool provides a vast amount of capabilities, somehow it is not completely compatible with all the customizations even though it offers quite a lot of features. In short, I had the following intentions:The rest was pretty insightful with the amount of options it provides. There was also customization of the Air conditioning with control of the automatic recirc flap, blower speed change method(when in Auto mode - how quickly does the blower speed change when temperature is changed). I was able to control a few actuators including the headlight levelling motor, instrument cluster needle and so on. Some snapshots showing the options available:

Initial setup:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6869.jpg

Controllers available/coded:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6870.jpg

Actual controllers responding:
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6871.jpg

Option to turn off the pitch bounce control
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6872.jpg

Instrument cluster options - Strange that we can turn off seatbelt reminders. The lane change flashes can be changed upto 7 times. Didnt find this option in the instrument cluster.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6873.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awKv...ature=youtu.be

Engine related calibration/learning - DPF regen is also available here
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-img_6876.jpg

Keyless entry customization - The rear door would earlier open with two clicks of the opening button without pressing the unlock button. Now, a long press will do both.
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-b807aa7380794f7b8fc44af34e1820d8.jpg

Saw a video on the new ICU for the just launched refresh of Toyota Innova Crysta. Sharing it here - https://youtu.be/CqB5ZRHXhB0

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 4942376)
Saw a video on the new ICU for the just launched refresh of Toyota Innova Crysta. Sharing it here - https://youtu.be/CqB5ZRHXhB0

Technically, Miracast is there from the beginning. I have never managed to get it working via any of my phones (Note 10, Note 9, Nokia 8, Nokia 6 etc)

Perhaps I can get Toyota to upgrade the firmware

Quote:

Originally Posted by On the Move (Post 4943938)
... the slump in tourism business has hit Etios and Innova sales. Innovas are well stocked and selling at discount :Shockked: about 40-50k on the new launched model and over a lakh on the old stock clearance - even with blockage on delivery of new inventory.

Cross-quoting this from an owner's review on the Fortuner thread.
Not sure about the city, but hey, the happy news is there are discounts on the new Innova! clap:

How do we turn off the annoying 80 & 120 kmph speed alerts on the BS6 crysta?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 4934685)
Any one can shed any light on how to update the Maps on the SD card of the Innova ? My car is nearly 45 years old and do not think any updates have happened since then.

What? :Shockked:

Which 45 year old car had a SD slot?

But it's high time you update the original maps it came with :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 4944092)
What? :Shockked:

Which 45 year old car had a SD slot?

But it's high time you update the original maps it came with :D

What a brilliant typo by me. My car is 4.5 years old. Not 45. Sorry.