Team-BHP - Honda BR-V : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda BR-V : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/176456-honda-br-v-official-review-90.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandrda (Post 5636432)
I was pretty sure the right seat can also be tilted to entry/exit to the 3rd row. Having a doubt now seeing your question, will check today.

Nope, 3rd row entry is only possible from the non driver side. The larger part of the second row does not tumble forward like the smaller part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandrda (Post 5636432)
I was pretty sure the right seat can also be tilted to entry/exit to the 3rd row. Having a doubt now seeing your question, will check today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jomson13 (Post 5637235)
Nope, 3rd row entry is only possible from the non driver side. The larger part of the second row does not tumble forward like the smaller part.

Just checked, and yes the right seat can also be tilted. Mine seemed to have been stuck a bit due to the carpet fouling with the latch. Letting the springs do their job instead of helping it tilt slowly provided enough force for the clamps to detach. Now it can fold away freely just like the left side.

Quote:

Try again. Full 2nd row can be lifted with same mechanism on both sides.

Quote:

Here you go:

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20180714_133339.jpg

And when you tumble forward the 3rd row seats too, you have Honda Jazz-like "Magic Seats"

Something seems to be off in my car, i'll figure it out and fix it.
Thanks guys

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartCat (Post 5638498)
Here you go:

Attachment 2513276

And when you tumble forward the 3rd row seats too, you have Honda Jazz-like "Magic Seats"

This is exactly why we love this car , among other reasons mentioned on this thread. Not really the same as Jazz's "Magic seats" (In the case of Jazz if I am not wrong, the base also moves 60/40. In the BRV, the base is a bench that moves up/down 100%, only the seat back splits 60/40). Also you don't get a full flat bed . But it still generates enough space to move a lot of stuff - bicycles , pots and so on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAIAAA (Post 5638802)
This is exactly why we love this car , among other reasons mentioned on this thread. Not really the same as Jazz's "Magic seats" (In the case of Jazz if I am not wrong, the base also moves 60/40.

Right, that\'s why I said "Jazz-like Magic Seats". Although the mechanism is different, we still get 2 separate compartments with partition. Ideal for carrying flora & fauna! This pic is from latest gen Honda Jazz:

Honda BR-V : Official Review-screenshot_1.jpg

Quote:

This is exactly why we love this car , among other reasons mentioned on this thread. But it still generates enough space to move a lot of stuff - bicycles , pots and so on.
Check this post in another thread
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5622017

Had a weird thought today. Since BRV's ground clearance is 210mm with 15" wheels and elevate's ground clearance is 220mm with 16" wheels, is it possible that the elevate's suspension can be used in BR-V? I guess the mounting points would have to be the same. Any other reason, why it will likely not be as simple as I think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs29 (Post 5645105)
Had a weird thought today. Since BRV's ground clearance is 210mm with 15" wheels and elevate's ground clearance is 220mm with 16" wheels, is it possible that the elevate's suspension can be used in BR-V? I guess the mounting points would have to be the same. Any other reason, why it will likely not be as simple as I think?

BR-V already has 16" Wheels, atleast the V and VX variants. Any particular reason why you contemplating changing the BR-V suspension?

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandrda (Post 5646540)
BR-V already has 16" Wheels, atleast the V and VX variants. Any particular reason why you contemplating changing the BR-V suspension?

Regards

Ah yes. My bad. I am finding the ride quality to be jumpy and Elevate's ride quality was relatively much flatter. Given they are almost the same weight and ground clearance, was thinking if changing it would bring the BR-Vs ride quality closer to Elevate's.

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good cabin air filter for the BRV? I've heard that it doesn't come fitted with one, cannot seem to find genuine ones online either. Need help regarding the dimensions, will the filter from the Civic/Accord fit for the BRV?

Thanks in advance

Somebody who is not on Team-BHP sent me these pics. He hit a pig (!) and that triggered both the front and passenger airbags. But going by the damage to the front, impact speed was probably low.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231106-18.53.47_ff176b0e.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20231106-21.35.22_bcc23d7c.jpg

So:

Pros: Airbags deploy as promised :)
Cons: Impact sensor seems to be sensitive :unhappy

Meanwhile, my BR-V is approaching 60,000 kms (since 2016). Nothing much to report. It is now used sparingly after the arrival of Hyundai Venue DCT. Pics from a recent trip:

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20231030_172913.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20231030_173130.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20231101_112122.jpg

My 2016 Petrol SMT is running smooth without any troubles at 83000 Kms of ODO. Got it pre-owned at 40000 Kms and its being 4 years of peaceful ownership. Only niggle that has came up so far is that the front right power window gets stuck randomly.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-screenshot_2023111010035200_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Replaced the tyres at around 60k mark with 205/60/R16 MRF Perfinzas and they are as good as the stock Michellins. Might last another 20k. Good for the kind of terrain I live in.

My Family is super happy with the comfort and convenience offered by BRV. Sad that Honda did not load up BR-V to compete with its rivals back then and killed a great product that could have been.

I took some test drives of newer offerings in the market. The drives helped me to assure the value of BR-V. Thinking of loading it up with some features now to match the current technology.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20220220_18053501.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by albertprince (Post 5659208)
My 2016 Petrol SMT is running smooth without any troubles at 83000 Kms of ODO.

Attachment 2529427

How did you get the front blacked out? Is it wrap or paint?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphukan (Post 5668509)
How did you get the front blacked out? Is it wrap or paint?

It is a sticker wrap. Used a glossy one for the bigger part of grill and carbon fibre finish for the bottom part. Its almost 4 years now and still holds on.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-screenshot_2023120322362480_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg