Team-BHP - Honda BR-V : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda BR-V : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/176456-honda-br-v-official-review-86.html)

Saw a used BRV petrol getting a 2017 S model with 39000 kms on the odometer first owner , still with original Michelin tyres and not much tread left , which would need replacement now. Owner is asking for 7.5 lakhs. Condition of the car is good. Not many dents or scratches. But would need new seat covers as driver's seat has been torn with age and use . What's a good price to negotiate considering tyre replacement and seat cover change would be 2 immediate expenses.

As currently difficult to get good cars in used market and pricing is very high. Would have preferred a V model but S petrol does cover most of my requirement. Appreciate some inputs and guidance on the price and will i miss any good features not going for V model when compared to S MT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dushie (Post 5369991)
As currently difficult to get good cars in used market and pricing is very high. Would have preferred a V model but S petrol does cover most of my requirement. Appreciate some inputs and guidance on the price and will i miss any good features not going for V model when compared to S MT.

Check www.carwale.com - I see 15 units for sale in Bangalore.

Name:  Screenshot_3.jpg
Views: 1505
Size:  104.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot_4.jpg
Views: 1545
Size:  103.4 KB

These are just list prices - seller might be willing to take a > Rs. 30K cut off the list price. Go for the V variant if available - over S variant, you get alloys, fog lamps, better instrumentation cluster, keyless engine stop/start, electric folding OVRM etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartCat (Post 5370383)
Check www.carwale.com - I see 15 units for sale in Bangalore.

Attachment 2340618

Attachment 2340619

These are just list prices - seller might be willing to take a > Rs. 30K cut off the list price. Go for the V variant if available - over S variant, you get alloys, fog lamps, better instrumentation cluster, keyless engine stop/start, electric folding OVRM etc

Well some of the features on the V i can live without and its does not seem to be a show stopper for me. Checked the pricing in the same thread for Bangalore city, i am sure the owner paid 12 lakhs + when they got the vehicle in 2017. I drove the S MT and condition of the car is good and clean 1st owner driven. What would be a good price to negotiate for the S MT model. As i have a max budget of 7 lakhs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dushie (Post 5369991)

I bought a 2017 Petrol V MT with 52K KMS on the Odo in April. Its a single owner, but transferred to the Owner after company lease expiry. Very well maintained and few scratches, which is unavoidable in Bangalore. Like you have mentioned the tires were on its last breath/thread. I am yet to change the tires

I paid way less than 7.5 Lakhs, I can PM if you want to know the exact price

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandrda (Post 5370629)
I bought a 2017 Petrol V MT with 52K KMS on the Odo in April. Its a single owner, but transferred to the Owner after company lease expiry. Very well maintained and few scratches, which is unavoidable in Bangalore. Like you have mentioned the tires were on its last breath/thread. I am yet to change the tires

I paid way less than 7.5 Lakhs, I can PM if you want to know the exact price

Regards

Thanks, saw your message and responded also with few details. Will respond on PM further.

One of my low beams has conked off. What's the type of low beam bulb used in BR-V? Mine's V CVT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphukan (Post 5372655)
One of my low beams has conked off. What's the type of low beam bulb used in BR-V? Mine's V CVT.

55W H11 Halogen bulbs

Regards

I am planning to buy Hamaan 9" Android 10 Head unit for my BR-V. Though I am happy with the stock head unit, I am keen on having a reverse camera and display. Taking reverse in BR-V with 6/7 people onboard and in tight situation is no easy. On weekend visiting Talakadu, the main road was closed for asphalting and we had to deviate to village roads. Took a wrong turn and ended up in a narrow dead end village road. With 7 member on board and pouring rain, it was a nightmare to reverse the BR-V. My dad got drenched as he had to get down and and guide me.

I don't want the sound quality to deteriorate compared to stock head unit. So has anyone fitted Hamaan 9" Android 10 Head unit and what is the experience?

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandrda (Post 5386361)
I am planning to buy Hamaan 9" Android 10 Head unit for my BR-V. I don't want the sound quality to deteriorate compared to stock head unit. So has anyone fitted Hamaan 9" Android 10 Head unit and what is the experience?

Sound quality will not deteriorate because of head unit. My review of Hamaan 10 inch HU (on my Hyundai Venue):

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5291128

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_0094.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartCat (Post 5386365)
Sound quality will not deteriorate because of head unit. My review of Hamaan 10 inch HU (on my Hyundai Venue):

Thanks for the Quick Reply, went ahead and ordered on Amazon.

I see that you bought it from the dealer. Did they use OEM rear view camera or after market?

Regards

Did some upgrades to my Honda BR-V over the last month. Alert, post is a bit long.

1. Head Unit

Replaced the OEM Head unit with Hamaan 9" Full HD Double Din Android unit. Replaced the head unit mainly to have reverse camera. Hamaan provided Front fascia fits BRV well and there are no gaps. Also went with Hamaan HD reverse camera from a local store. The fitting guy did a descent job, though I had to initially guide him in removing the OEM head unit.

1. There is a slight improvement in the sound quality output compared to OEM
2. Reverse camera display is decent
3. Touch screen navigation is easy
4. Steering control work well
5. Start up is slow, but quick there after
6. USB port below the dash doesn't work anymore. The fitting guy had informed me before fitting it though. But got 2 additional USB ports in the dashboard storage

One issue I observed. After switching on the head unit and when on the FM radio, when I honk for the 1st time the frequency jumps by 0.10. If I am on 91.1 and honk, the frequency jumps to 91.2. This happens every time I switch on the head unit and honk for the 1st time. There after no issues.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-touch-screen1.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-touch-screen2.jpg

2. Fog Lamps

My Left fog was broken and right one had developed a crack. The OEM is Rs. 15,500 + Tax for each fog and that too on back order. So I replaced both with aftermarket fogs called Autogold. The aftermarket fogs had to be modified to fit and came with H16 19W halogen bulbs. These were pathetic bulbs and looked like candles. So I replaced them with the spare H11 55W bulbs I had. A weeks later I noticed that the fogs had blackened significantly and upon closer look noticed that fog reflector had melted away due to the heat produced by 55W bulb. Lesson learnt.

I was again in the market for Fogs and this time went to JC road to check for the fogs. Some of the Maruti, Tata and Mahindra's 3 inch OEM fogs will fit BR-v but needs modification to the screw bracket. Also these OEM were again 19W and around 4K to 5K for a pair.

So started looking at the Projector Fog lamp housing and procured IPHCar 3 inches Bixenon Projector Fog Lamp housing only (without LED/HID bulbs) for under 3K.

I am not well versed with projectors or LED/HID. So thought this will be learning curve and planned on a DIY. Did not procure any LED/HID bulbs, plan was to use OEM H8 Halogen fog bulbs directly on the projectors and install LED/HID later on.
  1. Its not a flush fit due to the length of the projector fog. The Chassis frame behind the fog lamps doesn't give enough room. The iPH Car projector housing are 14.1 CM long and with bulb fitted, it is close to 17 CM. So the bulb holder fouls with chassis frame, which means you will have to push the projectors a bit to front. (see photos)
  2. Because of the above, alignment is an issue on the left side. Right is fine. But left side projector is aligned a bit left then required. Height is fine
  3. With H8 35W halogen bulbs, the projectors are significantly better than OEM Fogs. I am happy with the projector and brightness. Not planning for 55W bulbs as well for now
  4. Since the projector housing has to be pushed a bit to front, fog garnish has to be cut a bit to accommodate the projector fogs. Its a trailer and error to get the cut correctly.
  5. I have not connected the high low bean wire (red) and also the negative (black) wire. Have simply taped and secured it. So the projector are always on low beam

Right Fog
Honda BR-V : Official Review-right-side.jpg

Right Fog - Side view
Honda BR-V : Official Review-right-side2.jpg

Left Fog
Honda BR-V : Official Review-left-side.jpg

3. Upgraded the Tires

Upgraded the tires to 205/60 R16 with Continental UC6 for Rs.7990 Each. My observation so far -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5395381

Regards

Dear All

On the weekend, I was casually looking around in the engine bay and found significant rust in 2 areas.

The rust is just behind the front bumper and right below the fan on either side of the chassis frames. There is some amount of protection and cover in this area. The BR-V has not been involved in any accident so I am assuming the rust is because of the poor built quality on part of Honda.

Has anyone else faced rust in these areas and how did you fix it?

Regards

Hi everyone,
So we have pretty much decided to go in for a pre-owned BRV CVT as we really need a car to accommodate our toddler and pets. Were there any additional features introduced in the car sometime during the lifecycle or has it been the same car throughout with only the rear sensors and touchscreen added on as standard (or were these also always dealer added accessories)? Asking as I am trying to find a sweet spot between a car that isn't too old or with too many kms on the odo. I definitely need CarPlay, sensors and a reverse cam so need to factor in the price of adding those if needed as well. In case of the V-CVT variant in particular, other than the periodic change of the transmission fluid, is there any other part prone to causing niggles?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iyencar (Post 5461134)
Hi everyone,
So we have pretty much decided to go in for a pre-owned BRV CVT as we really need a car to accommodate our toddler and pets. Were there any additional features introduced in the car sometime during the lifecycle or has it been the same car throughout with only the rear sensors and touchscreen added on as standard (or were these also always dealer added accessories)? Asking as I am trying to find a sweet spot between a car that isn't too old or with too many kms on the odo. I definitely need CarPlay, sensors and a reverse cam so need to factor in the price of adding those if needed as well. In case of the V-CVT variant in particular, other than the periodic change of the transmission fluid, is there any other part prone to causing niggles?

I have a V Manual with many upgrades to make it VX but as far as I understand, there was no change in feature list for the BR-V model during its existence and also no model came with CarPlay/TouchScreen/ReverseCam. These will need to be added by yourself or done by the prev-owner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunilch (Post 5461143)
I have a V Manual with many upgrades to make it VX

Thank you @sunilch. If you don't mind me asking what were the upgrades you made to the car?