Team-BHP - Honda BR-V : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda BR-V : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/176456-honda-br-v-official-review-56.html)

Am considering buying BR-V , V CVT model, however one concern is the low sales ( not sure if sales are declining or in same range month on month).

I plan to have the next car at least for another 10 years. Are there implications, if this decline continues and worst case, Honda discontinues this model ( like Mobilio) in terms of Services, Spares, accessories etc.

What would happen say 5 years from now? Will Service center would have enough technicians, skilled personnel to understand BR-V as they might have seen few vehicles as against fast moving vehicles such as City ? Will cost of spares be high ?

Appreciate if fellow team-bhp'ians share their views and their experiences [ in Honda stable or others as well ]

Sudhakar, go ahead and buy the car. You need not worry about service or spare parts. No matter what sales it has got, it has nothing to do with service or spares. The brv shares lots of components with other cars such as city, amaze... The bottom line is until honda selling vtec engines in one or another car, you need not worry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudhakaromr (Post 4265570)
Am considering buying BR-V , V CVT model, however one concern is the low sales

What would happen say 5 years from now?

Go for it, Sudhakar, if you like the car.

A friend and I checked out the Hexa XMA, the Crysta GX AT, the Ertiga automatic and finally zeroed in on the BRV CVT, despite the two of us knowing that sales are only around 600-800 units a month. The reason- this is the best trade off on cost, convenience and features, with a lot of parts in common with other Hondas.

I've seen a lot of discontinued models of Honda being serviced without fuss at the service centers and believe that service support would be available for at least 10 years.

Quote:

Appreciate if fellow team-bhp'ians share their views and their experiences [ in Honda stable or others as well ]

Quote:

Originally Posted by vigsom (Post 4265617)
I've seen a lot of discontinued models of Honda being serviced without fuss at the service centers and believe that service support would be available for at least 10 years.

Right. There are no issues with spare parts availability of Civic that sold at a rate of 600 units/month. So its unlikely there will be spare parts issues for 1000 units/month BRV.

Also, other than Maruti/Hyundai and certain specific hit models (Eg: Ecosport), most car models are selling at these 1000 per month levels (Eg: Figo, Aspire, safari storme, hexa, vento, ameo, polo etc)

Thanks folks for clarifying, rather reassuring Honda's service irrespective of how populous the model is.

Just noticed this rusting while getting the vehicle serviced. Vehicle is just a month old..

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20170908_091443920.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-img_20170908_091440053.jpg

Should I take this up with the service centre?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikash49 (Post 4266621)

Affirmative yes boss! Rusting in a 1 month car is simply outrageous IMHO. Take it to HASS and get it replaced under warranty for free of cost.

Quote:

Just noticed this rusting while getting the vehicle serviced. Vehicle is just a month old..

Two things:

1) It does not "look" like rust. It looks like some kind of slimy oily deposit.

2) Exhaust systems are supposed to be made out of stainless steel. And stainless steel is not supposed to rust.

Quote:

Am considering buying BR-V , V CVT model, [ in Honda stable or others as well ]

If the concerns are availability of services and spare parts, go ahead and buy the BRV, as very rightly explained above.

Don't worry about the numbers, it is a highly practical and capable vehicle in so many ways with a gem of an engine! At the end one vehicle should meet and best match the requirements of an individual which vary from person to person.

Honda BR-V gets 7 inch Touchscreen HU with Navigation on VX variant. From website:
https://www.hondacarindia.com/honda-brv

Honda BR-V : Official Review-brv.jpg

Rushlane article:
https://www.rushlane.com/honda-brv-d...-12196076.html

Quote:

The revolutionary 17.7cm advanced infotainment system, with capacitive touch-screen – the DIGIPAD – is especially introduced to add an advanced and interactive appeal to the BR-V. It features:

· In-built satellite-linked 3D navigation
· My Storage internal media memory of 1.5GB
· Mirror Link support for smartphone connectivity
· Internet access for browsing, email and live traffic via optional Wifi receiver
· Voice commands for media, navigation and calling
· Smartphone voice assistant activation
· Bluetooth for hands-free telephone and audio streaming support
· AM/FM Digital radio tuner, MP3/WAV, i-Pod/i-phone compatible
· USB slots (2 Nos), Micro SD Card slots for maps and media (2 Nos.) & HDMI-IN port

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 4273906)
Honda BR-V gets 7 inch Touchscreen HU with Navigation on VX variant.

Good addition by Honda, something which should have been there from day one.

Mods, this might deserve a separate thread.

A bit late in the day but still good to see this in BRV. What about the rear view camera? The Indonesian BRV has the hill hold and ESP which is still missing in the Indian BRV. I also wish they would add diesel automatic to the portfolio.

CVT will miss this feature I guess as this seems to coming with VX only! Would be good to know if this can be added as an accessory for CVT

My friend who acquired a BR-V CVT recently also got a Blaupunkt San Antonio touchscreen with nav fitted at the dealership for an extra 36k.

He didn't want the warranty to be dishonoured hence paid a little excess for the product.

Quote:

Attachment 1674146

Attachment 1674147

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 4266702)
Two things:

1) It does not "look" like rust. It looks like some kind of slimy oily deposit.

2) Exhaust systems are supposed to be made out of stainless steel. And stainless steel is not supposed to rust.

I don't think the exhaust tip / end can are rusted as such. They seem OK. However, the hook like thing certainly seems like a really badly rusted piece of iron that wasn't duly galvanized...

Not to worry much I think though.