Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 22:37   #556
BANNED

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
If you are still sitting on the fence, this might help you decide -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-workshop.html

Sure the GPS tracker can be removed by anybody who is aware of its existence - but right now, it is not very prevalent. So checking if a car has a GPS tracker will be the last thing on the mind of a would-be thief or an employee who wants to take your car for a joyride.

I have it on both the sides
How much did you pay, seems here Honda people are fooling us.
Old 2nd September 2016, 14:30   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
How much did you pay, seems here Honda people are fooling us.

My Dealer list shows the cost as Rs 2700 for Front Fender Garnish.

Check this link. It shows the garnish on both sides. Paying 2700 for 1 Airvent replica is too much.

https://www.hondacarindia.com/BRV/BR...s_broucher.pdf

Do check with another dealer too. No harm in buying car from one and getting accessories from another dealer.

Last edited by riteshritesh : 2nd September 2016 at 14:31.
Old 2nd September 2016, 20:32   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
I think he is referring to the floor plastic lamination, not the sound proofing.

I personally do not like the floor lamination. Looks too cheap and the area where your shoe heel rests while driving would start tearing in no time.
Yes but it wasn't plastic. It looked like the same fabric as the seat cover so not sure what material it was. Floor mats maybe a better ideas they can be easily replaced.
Old 3rd September 2016, 13:21   #559
BHPian

2,229 BRV shipped in August - quite a sharp fall; looks like the pre bookings are running out ...
Old 3rd September 2016, 19:13   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
2,229 BRV shipped in August - quite a sharp fall; looks like the pre bookings are running out ...
Yet no discounts in sight yet. Although a dealer has agreed to provide free anti-rust and free teflon coating
Old 3rd September 2016, 23:55   #561
Team-BHP Support

My BR-V CVT's fuel economy is improving with every trip - not that engine is loosening up or something like that. It's just that I'm learning (and unlearning) a few things about driving efficiently - all thanks to the ECON symbol, instant and average FE display. Just did a Bangalore - Kanakapura - Somnathapura - Barachukki Falls - Maddur - Bangalore route (320 kms) today and I managed to match the ARAI FE number (16 kmpl) for the entire trip. And this is on 2 lane state highways with medium to heavy traffic (saturday, tourist circuit).

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160903_204326_1_p.jpg

To get good fuel economy, one has to take the foot off the accelerator pedal frequently (without decelerating, like on major and minor sloping roads). You still get to the destination as quickly as before.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160903_151645_1_p.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-p_20160903_184241_1_p.jpg
SmartCat is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 07:55   #562
BHPian

Has anyone thought of using the BRV like a Limo ( ). With the mid row seats folded the passengers sitting in the 3rd row get full leg space. There 2nd row can be tied by adding elastic or something to prevent it from falling (the 3rd row has it). Some carpeting can be done in the area between 2nd and 3rd row. If you have 7 passengers you can always bring back the 2nd row up. Any potential problems with this?
onelife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 09:22   #563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelife View Post
Has anyone thought of using the BRV like a Limo ( ). With the mid row seats folded the passengers sitting in the 3rd row get full leg space. There 2nd row can be tied by adding elastic or something to prevent it from falling (the 3rd row has it). Some carpeting can be done in the area between 2nd and 3rd row. If you have 7 passengers you can always bring back the 2nd row up. Any potential problems with this?
Lots of issues with this.

1) Beyond a point, extra legroom does not exactly make travel more comfortable. In that way, legroom is over-rated as a comfort factor. In a budget airline, yeah, we need all the legroom we need. But not in a car. You can always set the front row seats to the minimum position and 2nd row seat to the maximum position.

2) Climbing into and getting out of the 3rd row seat is less than luxurious experience. It's not bad, but its not as easy as the 2nd row. After getting in or for getting out, you need to crouch on the floor to get the door closed/open.

3) The 3rd row floor is about 15 cm higher than 2nd row floor. Even if you stretch your legs, there will be extra pressure on your lower back/spine - especially on long drives.

4) The 3rd row is likely to be more jumpy than the 2nd row
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2016, 17:27   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelife View Post
Has anyone thought of using the BRV like a Limo ( ).
Quote:
Lots of issues with this.
Agree with smartcat on all the points, third row is not suitable for long commute.

As reviews point to, 2nd row is best suited for 2 adults+1 Kid. One of the options could be having Captain seats (like Innova) in the 2nd row. If we could get individual controls for 2 Adult passengers in middle row it will be pretty good for long journey, but we need to sacrifice 1 seat.
concorde24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 00:07   #565
Team-BHP Support

Sales figures of 2229 units for the BRV in August as compared to 3333 in July. 33% decline.

But overall Honda sales are down as well. Still not adapted to the shift in market preferences I guess.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 14:52   #566
BHPian

a Q to BRV owners :

For me, the real USP of the BRV is the 3rd row seats. My Q is: is it any usable though?

My mom sat in it for a short city ride over tarmac and found it too bouncy+ the coolling from the 2nd row AC is also pretty sad there.

So net net , is the only USP of the BRV- the 3rd row; of any practical use??
Old 6th September 2016, 15:02   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My BR-V CVT's fuel economy is improving with every trip - not that engine is loosening up or something like that. It's just that I'm learning (and unlearning) a few things about driving efficiently
And that is exactly what I like when there is a lot of sense in what you say.

I have often seen folks come up with ridiculous statements like engine opened up after first service (even without oil change) or engine "tuned" after first service - Really?

It is a fact that as a driver and a new car in the garage, it takes a while to completely understand some very important aspects of it - Good & the bad that will directly influence and benefit the driver in you to gain maximum out of it whether it is the controlling part or limitation(s).

Since you referring to learning & unlearning few things, I know how much I had to unlearn after I shifted to the Ertiga diesel from a peppy WagonR F10D for my office commute. The first thing I had to unlearn was being impatient .

In fact, from 35KMS on ODO to 102000KMS today, 185/65/R15 Tires for first 16,000 kMS or 205/60/R15 for the remaining 86000 KMS, the FE has not changed till now, not even my 0.5 KM! The earlier days after buying one was to understand its behavior and learn to tame it accordingly and adapt to it.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 13:19   #568

Quote:
a Q to BRV owners :

So net net , is the only USP of the BRV- the 3rd row; of any practical use??
In my opinion I would say it definitely is a USP and delivers the usage. It IS one of the primary reason I too have liked the BRV.

Please note that I would recommend the last row to kids and only kids. I would not recommend it to adults and definitely not for senior citizens. It would indeed be very uncomfortable for them.The comment is based on the test drive I took with my kids on board.

Having said that any third row seat is bound to be uncomfortable on a long ride. Including Innova. I have traveled from Mumbai to Pune sitting on the 3rd row of an Innova and at the end of the journey I felt cramped. And I am not super tall

Cheers,
theCapri
thecapri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 13:54   #569
BHPian

Quote:
a Q to BRV owners :

My mom sat in it for a short city ride over tarmac and found it too bouncy+ the coolling from the 2nd row AC is also pretty sad there.
The Bounce is very subjective. Some people are very susceptible to it, while some bear a lot of bouncing. It can only be evaluated by the same person sitting in different cars.
The 2nd Row has a blower. It would depend on the main A/c settings. And from my personal experience, the whole Air conditioning set-up in the BRV is ample for ambient temperatures.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 15:06   #570

Colleagues - Let me know if am talking nuts

I was thinking yesterday whether it will be good if I wait for another quarter and book the car (BRV) in say late December early January. Typically dealers give some discount on cars manufactured in the "previous" year.

1- Since I intend to buy the car not as an investment I dont mind purchasing a 2015 make car in Jan 2017.
2- Since this is my second car I will not necessarily be too much of a disadvantage vis-a-vis "stuck at home with no commute" scenario
3- I get more time to save and reduce my loan amount
4- Money saved can be utilized to get more accessories on board (only useful ones of course)

Note to the moderator --> If this appears to be more of a "personal" query please feel free to delete. I also want to probe what is the attitude of the BRV dealers. Will they be ready for discounts. From the above posts I observe the number of bookings are going down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks