Team-BHP - Honda BR-V : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda BR-V : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/176456-honda-br-v-official-review-36.html)

Found these two videos on Youtube.

The first video is a good demonstration on how to get the best acceleration out of a Honda CVT. You have to be gentle with the throttle initially, and then progressively step on the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. You will get nothing much out of it if you put pedal to the metal from standstill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9qQ0hA8LmM

The tacho needle does not rise and fall like in other transmissions while accelerating. In a CVT, it's a smooth one-way march to 6000 RPM. It's amazing to watch the tacho needle stay at 6000 RPM for such a long time, while the speedo climbs to 120 kmph.

The second video is a demonstration of the terrific braking of the Honda BR-V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G6oY942tkw

I think the tyres have a big role to play in this. Michelin Primacy 3 STs have excellent reviews!

Learned a lot for the review as well as good discussion of pros and cons. Here is a different color Golden Brown that I took delivery for CVT V . 3M in Baner as usual did excellent job for the paint protection.

For me I was replacing my four year scorpio AT for following reasons
1. Wanted to cut on the roll that typical body on chassis SUV have
2. We needed 6 seats to replace with scorpio.
3. Smaller size helps in tight parking space and fits in two tier ramp at office
4. Very minimal rubber band effect for CVT and 1.5L vtech combination. The car feels almost like a battery operated zero noise or jerk refinement.

More pictures and updates to follow

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohitrk (Post 4043203)
Here is a different color Golden Brown that I took delivery for CVT V .

Looks great in the photo. This seems closest to the awesome Green shade offered in Indonesia. When did you book and how quickly was the car delivered? Any idea on the waiting period for new deliveries at your dealership?
My 2nd booking done in June, has still not matured, not that I have any intentions of buying a 2nd car ( as I got delivery against my original booking with another dealer), but I have a feeling that supply is low from Honda's side. I was informed that each dealer is sitting on atleast 3-4 unfulfilled bookings for various Petrol BRV's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by -xplora- (Post 4039195)

When are you going to take delivery of your BR-V. I have been searching for ownership review of BR-V.. but I guess no such review has been posted by any Team-BHPian. May be your's will be the first one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rutvij (Post 4043413)
When are you going to take delivery of your BR-V. I have been searching for ownership review of BR-V.. but I guess no such review has been posted by any Team-BHPian. May be your's will be the first one!

Its been about two months I have taken the delivery of the BR-V and so have quite a few others on this forum. Experience has been good to great for most of us.

I agree, an initial ownership thread needs to be there now. I am thinking a different approach to this. Instead of one person's perspectives and experience of the car, how about 4-5 people rating the car on different parameters which can be on the first page of the thread for at-a-glance view and then each owner putting in their reply of the ownership experience, that way it becomes a single point for someone to look into.

Hope it does not breach any tbhp rules ? mods ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by -xplora- (Post 4043434)
Its been about two months I have taken the delivery of the BR-V and so have quite a few others on this forum. Experience has been good to great for most of us.

I agree, an initial ownership thread needs to be there now. I am thinking a different approach to this. Instead of one person's perspectives and experience of the car, how about 4-5 people rating the car on different parameters which can be on the first page of the thread for at-a-glance view and then each owner putting in their reply of the ownership experience, that way it becomes a single point for someone to look into.

Hope it does not breach any tbhp rules ? mods ?

Go ahead and do it! I learnt that you have formed a whatsapp group of BR-V owners in Ahmedabad and therefore you guys are in best positioned to do that. The weather is also nice. I am sure many people are waiting for actual user's opinions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riteshritesh (Post 4043407)
Looks great in the photo. This seems closest to the awesome Green shade offered in Indonesia. When did you book and how quickly was the car delivered? Any idea on the waiting period for new deliveries at your dealership?
My 2nd booking done in June, has still not matured, not that I have any intentions of buying a 2nd car ( as I got delivery against my original booking with another dealer), but I have a feeling that supply is low from Honda's side. I was informed that each dealer is sitting on atleast 3-4 unfulfilled bookings for various Petrol BRV's.

I had pre booked the BRV CVT on 20th April. That's four month for delivery. No wonder we did not see much on the road since the launch.

Thanks Guys and this forum helped to decide on BR-V. I have booked CVT Silver, should be able to get in next 2-3 days. Help me to choose some useful accessories like the seat armrest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce (Post 4044823)
Thanks Guys and this forum helped to decide on BR-V. I have booked CVT Silver, should be able to get in next 2-3 days. Help me to choose some useful accessories like the seat armrest.

Congratulations on your intelligent choice. I too have the Silver CVT.
I have the seat armrest, door protectors, front and back bumper protectors, front plastic bullguard, rear view sensor on IRVM and window skirting installed. Using the Stock HU, so no rear view camera ( which I have no need of anyways).
You can go overboard on the Honda Genuine Accessories as in the list provided by dealers.

Edit:Got customised seat covers from 3rd party ( orchis seats Mumbai), 4D mats from Amazon and also use noodle type matting on top of 4D, which I got from a mat shop and cut to size.

More Edit: Got a Key Cover from Amazon too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce (Post 4044823)

Seat armrest is very small in size and little low for my liking, I am unable to use it. Better test it before you install if available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skn1980 (Post 4030765)
The Hunt Begins....

Took delivery today. ivtec S MT in orchid white pearl colour.

I am interested in preciesely this variant. Most of the reviews are of CVT. Could you tell us something about your driving experience? How are the gear ratios? Is the first gear very short? And so on. Have you gone on hilly roads and the highways? Please throw some light.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksons (Post 4044851)
Seat armrest is very small in size and little low for my liking, I am unable to use it. Better test it before you install if available.

True in a way. The volume inside is very less and seems like a lot of space is wasted. Height wise, it works perfect for me.
There are aftermarket options available as checked by Xplora in his city.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riteshritesh (Post 4044831)
Congratulations on your intelligent choice. I too have the Silver CVT.
-------
More Edit: Got a Key Cover from Amazon too.

Links pls so I can also order

Quote:

Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce (Post 4045078)
Links pls so I can also order

http://www.amazon.in/SFK-Silicone-Sm...ilpage_o04_s00

http://www.amazon.in/Automaze-Lamina...ilpage_o07_s00

Yesterday I was driving behind a BR-V and was thinking about how narrow it appears. Soon there was a Mobilio which joined the BR-V in the adjacent lane. What surprised me was the Mobilio looked visibly less narrower. I am sure in terms of the width, they must be identical but I wonder if it is the sloping (side) windows which makes the BR-V narrow at the top, while the more boxier Mobilio appears wider.