Team-BHP - Honda BR-V : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Honda BR-V : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/176456-honda-br-v-official-review-23.html)

Yesterday test drove V cvt and booked right away.
I had drove for 4 minutes and made my decision instantly, after driving A star A/T for nearly five and half years, it was easy for me to decide.
I have booked golder brown color and SA said, he will try to deliver the car next month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksons (Post 3994324)
Yesterday test drove V cvt and booked right away.
I had drove for 4 minutes and made my decision instantly, after driving A star A/T for nearly five and half years, it was easy for me to decide.
I have booked golder brown color and SA said, he will try to deliver the car next month.

Congrats on the booking! Now I know the 5th guy to have booked the CVT! The poll I had put yesterday showed a response of 32% CVT bookings! Not too inaccurate I say!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhpindian (Post 3994304)
Got Delivery of our car yesterday.
Sharing some pictures.

And many many congrats on being the 1st (declared) owner of the BRV on this forum! Wish you many happy years of driving! Waiting for more details and ownership reviews!

I dont think the BR-V can earn the same success that the Duster, Ecosport and Creta had when they were launched. However this car is miles ahead when compared to mobilio and hence can grab a share of the ever increasing 'compact SUV' market. It cannot match Duster in ride & handling and Creta in style and quality but fares better than Ecosport/S Cross/Brezza in terms of space. Looks like it certainly is VFM considering that it has decent features and a capable engine. With ABS and Airbags standard from base variant it surely can at least be short listed by people who are worried about safety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hvt77 (Post 3994225)
Hi aptiwa, this is Linkway Honda on Saki Vihar Road, Andheri East, close to Powai. They have a few branches elsewhere too.

I tried to PM you in the past via TBHP, but it seems you have disabled that, you can PM me, would be great to connect, and I can give you my SA's number too!

Thanks.
I think i still haven't earned PM rights :D

Though just today morning I got a message from the Arya Honda Prabhadevi SA that CVT is now with them too. Will check it out soon.

Quote:

Sir we have the BR-V CVT Car available with us now for a Test Drive. When would you like to take a Test Drive at Our Showroom Sir?
clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhpindian (Post 3994304)
Got Delivery of our car yesterday.
Sharing some pictures.

Congratulations. White seems to be the popular color with Honda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aptiwa (Post 3994925)
Thanks.
I think i still haven't earned PM rights :D

No no, everyone can do PMs, just go to the "Edit Options" page under your profile and in the "Private Messaging" section, select "Enable Private Messaging".

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/profil...do=editoptions

If already enabled, check if you have selected the option to only allow people on your buddy list to message you!

(Or add me to your buddy list: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/profile.php?do=editlist)

Quote:

Though just today morning I got a message from the Arya Honda Prabhadevi SA that CVT is now with them too. Will check it out soon.
clap:

Hope Ritestritesh is litening!

Quote:

Congratulations. White seems to be the popular color with Honda.

Yes, even my survey had taffeta white on 2nd position with 8 votes out of 27 (silver was rank 1 with 9 votes, Red 5, Orchid White and Titanium got 2 each and 1 for golden brown)

I went to Sachin's Autoshop (Bangalore) yesterday to upgrade my friend's Duster's audio system
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html

My friend installed this compact Blaupunkt sub-woofer with integrated amplifier in his Duster. Sounds quite punchy, and does not hurt your ear-drums either. It's called Blaupunkt GTb 8200 A and costs Rs. 8,000 (including installation charges)
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blau...a-8/2089862439

Honda BR-V : Official Review-blaupunktgtb8200a8sdl2141696482a8e34.jpg

The above unit is quite compact, and can be placed in the boot of the BR-V without eating too much into luggage space. However, I'm interested in this particular model -> looks super-compact and well-suited for the boot of a 7 seater.
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blau...200-a-8/651016

Honda BR-V : Official Review-blaupunktxlf200a8182285223420f.jpg

Need to check with the dealer as to how much the above costs.

For the BR-V, he was offering the following HU for Rs. 29,000 - Blaupunkt San Diego 530 Double Din Car Audio Player with Navigation Map & Bluetooth
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/blau...mbLabelId:3506

Honda BR-V : Official Review-blaupunktsandiego530navigationsdl2154756991ee9d1.jpg

The price includes reversing camera + installation charges + GPS maps by MapmyIndia

Had a chance to TD BRV today. To be true I am disappointed. It doesn't have the charisma or character of Duster/Creta. VX MT on road price is 15,31,734. Maybe with a little bargain you can get a Duster AWD for this price. Inspite of being the lengthiest car in the segment it doesnt get a reversing camera or parking sensors. If Mobilio shared the dash board of Old Amaze, this one has that of new Amaze. Though it boast of segment leading mileage, above 80kmph this drops. Like in the Amaze, the max speed is limited to 140 kmph. Above all a service interval of 6 months. I would say if one is tight on budget but still wants a vehicle with good GC go for Brezza or Ecosport and if looking for that commanding view and road presence go for Duster or Creta.

A humble request to Honda, please do not try to fool us with such mockeries. Do bring in genuine products are we will accept them with all our hearts.

The best I have heard so far is the Alpine compact sub woofer with amp. This sat unobtrusively under the driving seat. Look up their latest super sleek range on the website - other review sites, and if you can source them in India - before investing in any other brand.

Considering my current running of ~8K in a year and the uncertainty reading banning 10 year old diesel cars which would kill the resale when sold after 6-7 years, after a lot of deliberations decided to change my booking of my BR-V from Diesel to Petrol. Hope it gives somewhere near to the Mobilio petrol's mileage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunmichael (Post 3995431)
Had a chance to TD BRV today. To be true I am disappointed. It doesn't have the charisma or character of Duster/Creta..........

A humble request to Honda, please do not try to fool us with such mockeries. Do bring in genuine products are we will accept them with all our hearts.

I agree with your points on lack of features. To add to the lack of features, BR-V does not have power window switches illumination which my erstwhile Linea had and the Fiat was designed 10 years ago.

But saying that, I doubt Honda is trying to fool anyone. All the features are clearly mentioned and it is up to the customer to decide.

The point is that BR-V appeals to certain niche of buyers who,

a. Have parents and kids with space for kids to lie down and sleep when required.

b. Do not want the car to look like a MPV and would like to have good GC. General car buying public does not really care if the car is based on Brio or a Ferrari platform. Fact is that most do not even know that there is a car platform.

c. Want an efficient no-nonsense vehicle which is reliable, efficient and has a good brand value.

This niche of buyers are quite a lot actually (most of mid level managers) and I feel that Honda has done it right by positioning the BR-V where it currently stands. I myself went to book the City or Jazz but family felt much more comfortable in the BR-V. I feel this happening with many buyers.

Could it have been priced some 75K lower ? Absolutely. Could it have had more interior features or better interior quality ? Definitely. But this does not take away the USP of the BR-V which are its six usable seats, very comfortable ride and handling for a SUV/MPV/Streched Brio/(Whatever one wants to call it), Honda reliability/badge and relative affordability.

A white BR-V passed in front of us earlier in the evening today. Had a family inside and was riding on temporary registration stickers. Quite possibly a freshly-delivered vehicle.

The Honda crossover definitely has plenty of street presence, and the front of the car looks quite imposing and unique when the BR-V is on the move, and is coming towards you from the front. I am not particularly fond of the side look, though. Too many creases and cuts for my taste.

It was carrying 3 kids in the middle row, and all seemed quite happy and comfortable inside. It sat lower than a Scorpio which crossed them for a brief second, but the length of the BR-V made it seem as long as the Mahindra.

Yes, it is a car made for a particular set of customers who value practicality the most. Regard it as a "true" cross between an SUV and an MUV, and one might appreciate the car more for what it brings to the table.

Not so teeny weeny, is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUXX (Post 3995610)
Not so teeny weeny, is it?

BR-V is closer to the camera and the perspective gives the impression of it being then it actually is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aceman82 (Post 3995475)
This niche of buyers are quite a lot actually (most of mid level managers) and I feel that Honda has done it right by positioning the BR-V where it currently stands. I myself went to book the City or Jazz but family felt much more comfortable in the BR-V. I feel this happening with many buyers.

Agree with you completely.
In Feb 2016, I went to buy Jazz VX CVT and ended up in City VX CVT, only because of my kids - reason being the Sunroof and extra space inside !

If its now, I would have just bought BR-V V CVT and am sure, my kids would have got convinced for 3 row seats against Sunroof :)

One small correction - I think, the set of "Niche buyers" that you refer are actually the "bigger mass general public" who are not picky in most cases.

Prem.

Noticed one benefit of the Rear Spoiler on the BR-V in that pic- it can improve the visibility of the High Mounted Stop Light !

Hi Guys,
Brought the BRV home y'day. 350 kms drive from Aurangabad. Lemme yell you friends, or it was really effortless drive. Very good experience. I was totally not tired.
Good air conditioning, good suspension and great visibility. Also attracted little bit of attention due to it's new looks and road presence.
It's a V Diesel in metallic brown.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20160611_192110.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20160611_192056.jpg