Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 17:04   #1261
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpitt View Post
2) The built in navigation turns on by default in the Virtual Cockpit everytime we start the car. Yes this can be changed to show other info with steering wheel controls, however is there a way to turn this default setting off as changing it every single time one turns the car on is getting a bit annoying?
You can go into the NAV menu on the screen, then go into the options list that can be accessed by pressing a little arrow. There, unchecking the "show map in cluster" option should hopefully solve your issue.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:11   #1262
BHPian

I had an incident recently when 'maneuver braking' (not sure of the exact terminology) kicked in. I was crossing a signal when a Baleno suddenly decided to take a left turn in front of me, without any indication. I was at 10-20 kmph and the car suddenly braked on its own (my foot was hovering over the accelerator then). There was a message in the instrument cluster 'Maneuver braking. Depress brakes' or something to this effect - couldn't see exactly what was written since it appeared for a few seconds only.

Someone else had also mentioned in this thread regarding such braking when he was reversing. Its good to know that this works while moving forward as well. Skoda should advertise more on this useful feature.
akshay81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:26   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
Its good to know that this works while moving forward as well. Skoda should advertise more on this useful feature.
That is true, I had no idea of this system and was seriously alarmed when the car came to a dead stop while making a three-point turn. It had detected a rock that would have seriously damaged the front bumper. Good system!

I've flipped through the owner's manual multiple times and couldn't find anything on this system though, just like basically any other time I've turned to the manual for a detailed explanation.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 2nd June 2022 at 18:53. Reason: Added a word.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 00:50   #1264

Hello, I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this on but my query is regarding voiding of my warranty due to getting my wheel alignment and balancing done outside of Skoda Ass.

My Skoda Superb Sportline went for its 1st service today. I have bought the Skoda Maintenance Pack but while dropping my car off for service, my SA told me that I’ll be charged extra for wheel alignment, balancing and sunroof cleaning.

I usually never get wheel alignment and balancing done for any of my cars at their respective ASSs. I believe proper tyre shops do a much better job than overworked service mechanics. So when I asked them to not do it so I could get it done later outside they said it would void my warranty. My SA even emailed me saying that not getting an alignment done would void the warranty of my car.

An email to Skoda customer care is also of no use since they forward any queries to the dealership my car came from.

So I would like to ask other bhpians here if anyone has faced a similar situation at other Skoda ASSs. Looking forward to hearing from you people.
agrawalyash11 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 06:27   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrawalyash11 View Post
My SA even emailed me saying that not getting an alignment done would void the warranty of my car.
An email to Skoda customer care is also of no use since they forward any queries to the dealership my car came from.
Cheap scare tactics from the dealership but what else to expect from the company which voids the warranty on installation of battery from outside.

I would love to see them void warranty on engine and electronics citing missing alignment. See if tweet to Zac Hollis yields anything, usually that helps.
Stolidus500 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 07:13   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, .... other Looking forward to hearing from you people.
It's nonsense. There is no such rule. I got my car serviced thrice and not once was I asked to do WAWB mandatorily. There are many service reports on this thread and others, and there's no such compulsion. Worst case, show them the manual or the Skoda online service estimate where it's not mandated even in a single service slot from first year till the tenth. Not in service, not in repairs. The SA is BSing. If possible ask the CRM to assign someone else or take your business elsewhere.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 09:10   #1267
Distinguished - BHPian

Complete rubbish! Just ignore his bluster. Formally ask for a change of advisor if he persists.
itwasntme is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 00:53   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, I don’t know if this is the right thread to post this on but my query is regarding voiding of my warranty due to getting my wheel alignment and balancing done outside of Skoda Ass.
Which service dealership is this ? No company can void warranty if you do it from outside.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 10:01   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, I don’t know if this is the right thread
....at other Skoda ASSs. Looking forward to hearing from you people.
Buddy, this is pure scare tactics. Ask you SA to show you written documentation citing warranty expiry if you go for WA outside.

When I was buying my Superb, they claimed that warranty and extended warranty would be void if I took insurance from outside. I asked for them to show me this clause on paper, post which they apologized and said it was a misunderstanding on their front.

If it is indeed written on paper (the warranty terms & conditions), then it's a different situation all together.
Old 9th June 2022, 13:56   #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
I would love to see them void warranty on engine and electronics citing missing alignment. See if tweet to Zac Hollis yields anything, usually that helps.
I was asked to dm the Skoda India official twitter account after my tweet to Zac Hollis. After doing that, received a call from Skoda India and they said they'll pass on my complain to the concerned department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
The SA is BSing. If possible ask the CRM to assign someone else or take your business elsewhere.
Cannot take my business elsewhere since this the only Skoda dealership in Ahmedabad. Since they will be servicing my car for the next 5 years, want to tread the path carefully so I get my way without spoiling my relationship with the SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Which service dealership is this ? No company can void warranty if you do it from outside.
Stellar Skoda in Ahmedabad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Complete rubbish! Just ignore his bluster. Formally ask for a change of advisor if he persists.
The email he sent me did cc all of his superiors in the dealership so I reckoned I wasnt gonna receive full support from them. So I emailed skoda but they too passed on the complain to the respective dealership My last resort was to tweet and get some support from the Skoda HQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Ask your SA to show you written documentation citing warranty expiry if you go for WA outside.

If it is indeed written on paper (the warranty terms & conditions), then it's a different situation all together.
Oh, I completely forgot to upload the documents he attached with the email. The language in it is very ambiguous and the SA is using it in his way get me spending money there. Please find the attachments below of the email exchange and the manual he cited.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-1.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Owner's_ Manual.pdf (899.8 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by agrawalyash11 : 9th June 2022 at 14:19. Reason: update from skoda
agrawalyash11 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 14:42   #1271
BHPian

Quote:

Oh, I completely forgot to upload the documents he attached with the email. The language in it is very ambiguous and the SA is using it in his way get me spending money there. Please find the attachments below of the email exchange and the manual he cited.
IMHO, it talks of an eventuality, that in case a tyre change/alignment/balancing is needed, it has to be paid and NOT claimed under warranty. If it was a mandatory scheduled task, it would not have been omitted from the online estimate in all the cars from the Skoda stable : new or old! In any case, they would not provide any warranty for suspension parts, beyond certain kilometers, so I would not worry!
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 17:51   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
This is interesting, does the warranty policy document clearly call out that warranty would be voided if you perform a WB&A from outside?
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 11:06   #1273
BHPian

Re: 72Ah Battery replacement and cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Thanks for confirming, so PPS Skoda were not giving me a story - plus point to them.
For regular service, I find Skoda's charges quite reasonable. I never ask for special cleaning or any wheel/tyre balancing/alignment at the car dealer.
So, here are the service costs in reverse order:
* 3rd service costed Rs. 15,100/-
* 2nd service costed Rs. 17,411/-
* 1st service costed Rs. 9,448/-

I took the 5-6th year extended warranty for the Superb - parts are expensive for Euro cars as we all know (touch wood)
Hi Lancer_rit, How has your experience been with 1.8 TSI MT. It has been a while since you have posted your experience. I am in the market for a luxury sedan (lateral upgrade). Your inputs on service experience till date will be valuable.
Old 26th June 2022, 20:19   #1274

I was going through this post on team-bhp.com where someone has shared good insights into car batteries https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5338969 (Idling auto-start / stop | Yay or Nay?)

Seems, the AGM batteries deliver good performance and durability. They are especially good for cars with automatic start-stop systems.

When I checked my SKODA SUPERB (MY-21 delivered in Nov-2021) – it is fitted with a VARTA AGM battery (12V / 68Ah). However, another owner from a SUPERB Whatsapp group has shared his recent experience of battery replacement where the SKODA service centre provided him a regular VARTA 12V / 72Ah battery (not a VARTA AGM battery).

Any idea if AGM batteries are not provided or available with SKODA dealerships for replacement?
Old 1st July 2022, 08:13   #1275
BHPian

I had a minor accident recently and the damage done can be seen in the pictures below. I was waiting at the signal and the truck besides me suddenly decided to change his lane without realising that there is a car next to him. Thankfully none of the sensors have been hit. My question is what should I go for - give the car to the showroom and claim under insurance or get it repaired at FNG

Skoda Superb : Official Review-c343d42a00bd4a7a8e1fea0e9665284d.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-8c6d03ab3a4c4fe1b61cfbfa2ff3cd30.jpeg
akshay81 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks