Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2021, 00:02   #751
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

It’s been a month to the new Superb and there’s only one thing that’s sort of annoying me! I can’t find a way to accept and decline calls through the steering!
Is there a way to do it?
It’s really distracting accepting and declining calls while driving!
I dont know why did they miss out on such an important feature!
Old 14th April 2021, 01:38   #752
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
It’s been a month to the new Superb and there’s only one thing that’s sort of annoying me! I can’t find a way to accept and decline calls through the steering!
Is there a way to do it?
It’s really distracting accepting and declining calls while driving!
I dont know why did they miss out on such an important feature!
You can try this but I cant be sure till I check on my Kodiaq.

But the call answer and reject is the scroll wheel. if you push the wheel like a mouse center click, it answers the call and while on call if you press it will disconnect the call.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 09:57   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Try pressing and turning right side scroll wheel. As far as I know scrolling the right wheel shows options to answer/decline call through virtual cockpit and pressing scroll wheel button accepts incoming call.
parekhakshar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 13:29   #754
BHPian

Quote:
I can’t find a way to accept and decline calls through the steering! Is there a way to do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

But the call answer and reject is the scroll wheel. if you push the wheel like a mouse center click, it answers the call and while on call if you press it will disconnect the call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
Try pressing and turning right side scroll wheel. As far as I know scrolling the right wheel shows options to answer/decline call through virtual cockpit and pressing scroll wheel button accepts incoming call.
Here is a demo of it. Once accepted, you can only disconnect from the infotainment system & that's unlike a 40L car. My good old Ciaz did everything from the steering wheel and it sells at 1/4th the cost of a Superb. Simply clever right ?

vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 13:32   #755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Here is a demo of it. Once accepted, you can only disconnect from the infotainment system & that's unlike a 40L car. My good old Ciaz did everything from the steering wheel and it sells at 1/4th the cost of a Superb. Simply clever right ?
Vinu, understood the scrolling part between accept and reject during an incoming call. Press the scroll button to do that action no? I didn’t understand what is the issue.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 14:11   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Vinu, understood the scrolling part between accept and reject during an incoming call. Press the scroll button to do that action no? I didn’t understand what is the issue.
Yes scroll(right hand side). Issue - after you've accepted, you can only disconnect or mute from the infotainment system. Same with you ?
Old 14th April 2021, 14:13   #757
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes scroll(right hand side). Issue - after you've accepted, you can only disconnect or mute from the infotainment system. Same with you ?
Haha I don’t own a Superb but we have one from a senior employee in our building. Try pressing the right scroll button during the call to disconnect it?
Old 14th April 2021, 14:37   #758
BHPian

Quote:
To disconnect call you have to press scroll wheel button
parekhakshar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 19:00   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by parekhakshar View Post
Quote:
Thank you guys! Worked like a charm. I was using a different digital cluster which didn’t allow me to take calls. Figured out now!

Thanks again!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th April 2021 at 21:07. Reason: Removing Vimeo URL from the quoted post.
Old 16th April 2021, 01:56   #760
BHPian

Seniors - Need your advice. Post the Run-In period of 1500 Km, do you recommend doing an oil change, even though the recommended service schedule is 1yr/15K Kms for the Superb (or rather for all Skoda / VW group of cars).

I have read this recommendation somewhere on TBhp itself, but wondering any benefits of doing it within the 1500 Km to 2000 Km of distance clocked?

Appreciate your thoughts pls.
Old 16th April 2021, 13:52   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Seniors - Need your advice. Post the Run-In period of 1500 Km, do you recommend doing an oil change, even though the recommended service schedule is 1yr/15K Kms for the Superb (or rather for all Skoda / VW group of cars).

I have read this recommendation somewhere on TBhp itself, but wondering any benefits of doing it within the 1500 Km to 2000 Km of distance clocked?

Appreciate your thoughts pls.
Hi, changing at 1.5k kms can be done if you want it. Normally considering the oil quality and the filters used and the sophisticated engine and sensors, it's okay if we adhere to the OEM recommendation. Also depends on the area you use the car and whether it's more stop and go traffic or highway runs and the fuel quality.

VAG engines are workhorses and have not been reported in our forum as failed or throwing problems. DSGs are another story altogether. Considering these, my recommendation would be to adhere to the OEM recommended intervals.
Old 17th April 2021, 12:58   #762
BHPian

Let me document my engine run-in phase of the MY2020 Skoda Superb in the higher trim with more chrome bits.

The first few hundreds of kilometers were uneventful, where the machine learnt mostly on how to deal with the speed breakers and the city traffic.

The DSG was pretty quick to learn my driving style, and the jerkiness was gone even in city speeds in lower gears probably due to the consistent throttle input, the only gripe being that the first gear is basically useless.

Now comes my opportunity to run-in the engine with a fine highway run from our place to the capital city of Madras and back. Being the nocturnal beings that we are, the trips up and down were made in the dead of the night, ending at dawn.

The trip up to the capital was used to make everyone comfortable with the car and the buttons at hands reach, like the reading lamps, USB sockets, the infotainment and the cooled storage boxes. The revs were never above two and a half ticks even those for short durations of time when a quick overtake was needed. And this has the ODO just shy of the 1.5K mark. Below is the trip info of the same.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-1.jpeg

The city was bustling with no signs of the people being worried about the virus, and it was us who had to take precautions to stay safe, and boy could we even social distance inside the car, thanks to the large cabin on offer.

The return trip was planned even a bit late into the night, to avoid the traffic and the buses leaving the city. This trip had the revs being held in slight increasing ticks for longer durations till 4K in each gear. Thanks to the dozens of toll gates and lorries overtaking each other with virtually the same speeds, this was possible in as safe a way as possible. The trip info for the journey back home is below.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-2.jpeg

Have not tried the Sport driving mode and neither the cruise control yet. And suggestions on all aspects are welcome.
sbenstewart is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 16:12   #763
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just noticed, the Superb Manual variant is also equipped with an Auto Hold feature. How does the Auto Hold work in a manual car? Is it like- Come to a halt- Shift to Neutral- Engage Auto Hold- while moving again, put in gear, Disengage Auto Hold- accelerate.

If you come to a halt again, again repeat the entire process? In an Automatic, one can just press Auto Hold once, and since it's not required to shift gear to Park/Neutral, you can keep it in D mode and still the car will hold itself. Please clarify how this works on a Manual car?
Old 19th April 2021, 22:59   #764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Just noticed, the Superb Manual variant is also equipped with an Auto Hold feature. How does the Auto Hold work in a manual car? Is it like- Come to a halt- Shift to Neutral- Engage Auto Hold- while moving again, put in gear, Disengage Auto Hold- accelerate.

If you come to a halt again, again repeat the entire process? In an Automatic, one can just press Auto Hold once, and since it's not required to shift gear to Park/Neutral, you can keep it in D mode and still the car will hold itself. Please clarify how this works on a Manual car?
Once auto-hold is pressed it remains activated with a light indicating so (orange in case of Skoda/VW I guess). So at a stop you can either keep the car in neutral or in gear with the clutch pressed and then press the accelerator to move.

The auto-hold will still remain engaged after pressing the accelerator and moving, meaning at the next stop you don’t need to re-engage it, just put it in neutral and the car will hold itself.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 18:53   #765
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As I am slowly & slowly increasing the revs, I'm realising that the stock tyres are absolute RUBBISH. Because I drive every new car launched in India, I can also tell you that the Superb has perhaps the worst OEM tyres of any car (it's definitely at the bottom of the pile). The tyres are losing grip even in sudden bursts up to 3500 - 4000 rpm. And I haven't even gotten to 7000 rpm on my car yet. I saw the TC icon lighting up at just 3500 rpm this afternoon.

Damn, I would have swapped the rubbish OEM tyres right away if it weren't for my kid brother's "granddad" style of driving.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks