Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 09:09   #646
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by X0mbIE View Post
Congrats. I am still awaiting delivery of my sportline. How is the high speed stability like ? I guess you would have taken it to about 100 - 110 kph speed so far. Please share on your experience of driving dynamics.
I have driven way past 110 and it's an absolute dream. Steady as she goes and like the other poster said - cruising on wheels.
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 09:16   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgunasek View Post
How can I verify with the dealer if it is VIN21? Any suggestions to push for further discounts? or will it vary between states for VIN21 models?
It'll be listed in their stock report, on the car, RC & insurance. Unless you'll be selling within 3-4 yrs, VIN 20 or 21 wouldn't impact resale value.
Old 8th March 2021, 15:15   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. I am still awaiting delivery of my sportline. How is the high speed stability like ? I guess you would have taken it to about 100 - 110 kph speed so far. Please share on your experience of driving dynamics.
Since buying this beauty in December, have driven around 3000Km on Expressways as well as Highways. There is definitely a some vertical movement if the roads are not smooth and if you are driving around 120. On the EPE (Eastern Peripheral Expressway) where the legal limit is 120, I was much more comfortable doing 100-105ish rather than 120 because of vertical movement. With respect to cornering, it does make it size felt and there is a hint of body-roll. I can go as far to mention that my Fiesta1.6 is a much better corner craver than Superb. This one is a long family sedan and needs to be driven in such a way most of the time while having occasional bouts of fun.

Last edited by Zodak : 8th March 2021 at 15:20.
Zodak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 20:53   #649

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post
Thank you @sharutk.

I got about 4 lakhs off on the on-road price. This includes pushing the dealer to include the Skoda drive assure elite insurance in the package as well (which was a Rs. 60K add on). I was getting a similar deal when I reached out to some dealers in Delhi too.

Happy to review your quotation if you like. You can reach out to me at agrajagarwal@gmail.com (my DMs are not yet active).
I booked 'Sportline' Race Blue color this weekend.

The long wait of 2 weeks begin now!
sharutk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 21:43   #650

I am upgrading from an Amaze diesel. How does the high speed stability compare to the Amaze ?
Old 8th March 2021, 23:23   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharutk View Post
I booked 'Sportline' Race Blue color this weekend.

The long wait of 2 weeks begin now!
Congrats and welcome to the Superb Club. The race blue colour is indeed amazing and does justice to the ‘Sportline’ batch. Waiting to see the pictures.

Quote:
I am upgrading from an Amaze diesel. How does the high speed stability compare to the Amaze ?
Amaze is a fun car to drive but Superb is on another level. You’ll love the rev-happy TSI engine and its high speed manners. To sum it in short, you are in for a treat
agrajagarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 15:17   #652
BHPian

Folks,

As discussed earlier in this thread, the cigarette lighter sockets are always on. Now I cant leave my dashcam connected and run the risk of depleting my battery.

I have been plugging it in for long trips and plugging it out after parking, but that doesnt feel like a long term solution. Karma will probably make me forget to plug in the cam in before an event where I might need footage, or I run the risk of forgetting to unplug the cam.

Are there any solutions to this situation? I'm thinking of tapping the fuse box. However, are there any fuses that would turn off when the car is off? Music player maybe? And wouldnt this void the warranty on the car?
Old 9th March 2021, 15:24   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Are there any solutions to this situation?
Experts in the dashcam thread will be able to provide better inputs. Let me have a go nevertheless. Dashcams go into sleep mode during inactivity and are woken up by the motion sensors. Unless you're parked in a busy place you're fine. Alternatively, you can cover up the dashcam when car is not in use and force it into sleep mode.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 08:52   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

As discussed earlier in this thread, the cigarette lighter sockets are always on. Now I cant leave my dashcam connected and run the risk of depleting my battery.
You're right, the in-dash cigarette lighter socket is always on, and on more than one occasion, I had forgotten to unplug the dashcam USB from the socket after parking for the night, only to realise my folly the following morning

Luckily, the car's battery was able to take it and all's been well (mostly). That said, I'm not sure the socket can handle the daily plugging and unplugging of the usb charger for more than a couple of years. Sooner than later, we may have to deal with repairing the socket itself!

Here's an idea, and one I intend to try on my Superb eventually - have you tested to see if the socket in the boot also remains active after the ignition is turned off? If not, then you could extend the usb power cord all the way to the rear (by hiding the wiring in the roof line or something) and leave it plugged in all the time.

The best solution is to hardwire your dash cam to your fuse box. Assuming your Skoda ASS is helpful, you could get them to do that for you.

You know what would be the best solution to this problem? Skoda introducing the usb charging port above the IRVM. I mean, how awesome would that be? Sigh, can only hope Skoda India would read this post and eventually answer our wishes.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-palubnikamery1.jpeg
Old 10th March 2021, 08:56   #655
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1234 View Post
You know what would be the best solution to this problem? Skoda introducing the usb charging port above the IRVM. I mean, how awesome would that be? Sigh, can only hope Skoda India would read this post and eventually answer our wishes.
Attachment 2130729
If I understand correctly, it's already available on most variants of the incoming all new 2021 Octavia.
Pretty sure it will make it to India as we usually get the mid-top variants here.

The all new 2023 Superb should also get it I imagine.

Last edited by itwasntme : 10th March 2021 at 09:05.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 09:13   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Are there any solutions to this situation? I'm thinking of tapping the fuse box. However, are there any fuses that would turn off when the car is off? Music player maybe? And wouldnt this void the warranty on the car?
Whatever you do, don't resort to disconnect/connect the dashcam because as you said you will not have it on when you need it the most.

If your dashcam is smart enough to turn on/off if there is no motion for a long time, then I feel you can just live with the current setup as it won't draw much power.

You can ask the service centre to see if they can program the socket to be turned off when the ignition is off.

Maybe you can power the dashcam off the USB socket and USB socket is not always-on?

In some brand of cars, the socket gets powered off after 15 minutes. See if that is the case just to be sure it is always on.

You can check briskoda portal as many owners discuss this very issue:
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...engine-is-off/
Old 10th March 2021, 09:26   #657
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have attached the dashcam to one of the rear USB ports. There are 2 ports, both can almost never be in use. I attached the cam using a flat left bent type connector so that it doesn't protrude.
Old 10th March 2021, 11:49   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Experts in ... Dashcams go into sleep mode during inactivity and are woken up by the motion sensors. ...sleep mode.
Thanks! Sadly, I dont think my dash (Yi Smart Cam) has this feature. Thanks anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1234 View Post
You're right, ... Luckily, the car's battery was able to take it and ... socket can handle the daily plugging and unplugging
socket in the boot also remains active after the ignition is turned off?
hardwire your dash cam to your fuse box.
usb charging port above the IRVM. ...
Yeah, great points. While forgetting to unplug one-off might be ok, I dont drive the car everyday, given we're WFH. I do not want to run the risk of leaving it plugged in for days at a stretch. Plus the added wear & tear. One way of mitigating that is to remove the USB from the adaptor and leave the adaptor in the socket full time. Still doesnt solve every issue.
Good idea on the socket in the boot. I will check that out. Otherwise, I am inching towards hard wiring it from the fuse box. This thread - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...ge-compartment - seems to be promising!
While the USB slot in the IVRM would make connecting the cable much easier, it remains to be seen if Skoda (if and when they provide such a feature) will keep this socket always on as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
If I understand correctly, it's already available on most variants of the incoming all new 2021 Octavia..imagine.
Yeah I believe so. Remains to be seen if this socket is also on 'Always On' mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Whatever you do, don't resort to disconnect/connect the dashcam because as you said you will not have it on when you need it the most.
...[/url]
Agree, plugging and unplugging is not a long term solution. I am thinking of hard-wiring. Will ask the SA if we can change the programing without affecting warranty! Thanks for the link, briskoda is almost as active as T-BHP for Skoda vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I have attached the dashcam to one of the rear USB ports. There are 2 ports, both can almost never be in use. I attached the cam using a flat left bent type connector so that it doesn't protrude.
Thanks SLK! Is you car a 2021 model? I dont think my car (2020 model) has usb slots in the rear. Do these slots turn off when the car is switched off? I am yet to try the usb slots in front of the car.
Old 10th March 2021, 12:39   #659
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks SLK! Is you car a 2021 model? I dont think my car (2020 model) has usb slots in the rear. Do these slots turn off when the car is switched off? I am yet to try the usb slots in front of the car.
2019 L&K, has 2 usb charging ports just below the rear AC vents and yes, they do turn off when you switch off the car.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 18:38   #660
BHPian

Update - the cig lighter socket in the boot is also set to always on. So are the 2 USB slots, one under the AC controls, and one in the armrest. There are no usb slots in the rear in the Sportline. Guess the only option is to hardwire.

Does it void warranty, I wonder?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks