Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2024, 08:51   #1531
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen_auto_sation View Post
1. Driving over 85+ kmph speed leads to the car pulling strongly to the left and the steering feel gets really stiff. (even with steering set at ‘normal’ drive mode)
2. In addition to the above, at speeds above 100 kmph (legally) on expressways is further leading to vibrations on the steering wheel which I never experienced in my lifetime with this car for 25,000+ kms, as its first owner. (vibrations are so strong it is leading to fatigue and pain in the arms and shoulders)
In my opinion, wheel alignment should only be done after one experiences what you've mentioned here and not before. Please consider taking this back to the same service center and have them fix it after demonstrating the effects in a test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen_auto_sation View Post
To clarify, this was a routine wheel balancing, tyre rotation + wheel alignment service carried out at the Škoda service center in Delhi. There was no issue with the wheels and/or handling/no steering vibrations prior to the said service.
Sorry, but, I disagree with you calling it a "routine". If it was so, the OEM would have listed it as a requirement for a particular service year / after xyz kms have run.
Old 3rd August 2024, 16:00   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenstewart View Post
The Skoda has gotten it's first battle scar. A random motorbike just cut across, skid and fell on my stationary car, leaving a deep dent in the right quarter panel and the bumper mounting brackets shorn off. The random motorbike just scooted off and I didn't pursue him, with the peace of mind of the bumper to bumper insurance.

Attachment 2620987
The repair has been done, exceeding my expectations. After a long wait, it is nice to have the car back, to enjoy mile munching on it. As the car was anyways waiting at the service center for days, I had asked them to paint the front bumper too, which had some scratches due to the initial ramp angle of my place.

I consider this as the official end of the honeymoon period of the car and I will expect periodic repairs to pop up. The ASC did tell at the end that the one touch up down on the driver side had given up. I don't use it at all, and the window up-down works. So, it's something to deal with for the annual service.

Wrapping up with photos right after the service.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240802-8.51.15-pm.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240802-8.51.13-pm-1.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240802-8.51.13-pm.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240802-8.51.12-pm-1.jpeg
Old 3rd August 2024, 16:44   #1533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
. The ASC did tell at the end that the one touch up down on the driver side had given up. I don't use it at all, and the window up-down works. So, it's something to deal with for the annual service.
Did they disconnect your battery at Skoda Service? Try this simple hack:
https://www.wheelsjoint.com/skoda-oc...-how-to-reset/

To be a little critical of Skoda, I would be mindful of any electrical gremlins however small they may be. Somehow they tend to portent catastrophe later.

Last edited by itwasntme : 3rd August 2024 at 16:57.
Old 4th August 2024, 12:37   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Did they disconnect your battery at Skoda Service? Try this simple hack:
https://www.wheelsjoint.com/skoda-oc...-how-to-reset/

To be a little critical of Skoda, I would be mindful of any electrical gremlins however small they may be. Somehow they tend to portent catastrophe later.
Ah, this didn't fix the power window issue. I might have to try again. But I am fully expecting the battery to give up anytime soon. It has been four years with the original battery for a Skoda, which in itself I consider a personal record. Hope that is the only gremlin for the near future.
Old 5th August 2024, 22:48   #1535
BANNED

Superb completed 30,000 km yesterday.

It was due for a tire replacement and I went with Michelin Primacy, and my first impression is positive. I’m impressed with how quiet the tires are, so far loving it.

On the overall car performance; no major complaints so far, but one persistent issue remains: a rattling noise from the left top. I’ve visited the service center more than five times, and the car has been with them for a total of about 15 days. However, the noise always returns after driving a few kilometers on rough roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-snapseed.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_6032.jpeg  

shahbaz63 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 00:12   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
The repair has been done, exceeding my expectations. After a long wait, it is nice to have the car back, to enjoy mile munching on it. As the car was anyways waiting at the service center for days, I had asked them to paint the front bumper too, which had some scratches due to the initial ramp angle of my place.

I consider this as the official end of the honeymoon period of the car and I will expect periodic repairs to pop up. The ASC did tell at the end that the one touch up down on the driver side had given up. I don't use it at all, and the window up-down works. So, it's something to deal with for the annual service.
Hi - Just curious - how much did entire bumper painting cost for front bumper? Reason for checking is because TAFE made me get the entire bumper painted for a scratch / scruff on the right side [refer attached pic].
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20240810-00.09.07_96b6978d.jpg  

Old 10th August 2024, 13:06   #1537
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Hi - Just curious - how much did entire bumper painting cost for front bumper? Reason for checking is because TAFE made me get the entire bumper painted for a scratch / scruff on the right side [refer attached pic].
At my local paint shop, it costs 2000/ panel; the entire right side of a car costs somewhere around 6500/8500.
shahbaz63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 14:27   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
At my local paint shop, it costs 2000/ panel; the entire right side of a car costs somewhere around 6500/8500.
Thanks. Per TAFE, entire bumper painting is the ONLY way to ensure no colour mismatch OR fade difference. Not sure I agree - but unfortunately, not much we can argue I guess.

On a separate note, have any of you had issues with the volume control thumbwheel on steering - specifically about it cracking or breaking? If yes, have you been able to get Skoda to replace it under warranty?

Attached an image of what I am referring to.
Attached Images

Old 11th August 2024, 14:56   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
It costed 11K total with taxes and three days for painting the front bumper, and the finish was decent. The whole bumper was painted to avoid mismatch.
sbenstewart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2024, 15:39   #1540
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks. Per TAFE, entire bumper painting is the ONLY way to ensure no colour mismatch OR fade difference. Not sure I agree - but unfortunately, not much we can argue I guess.

On a separate note, have any of you had issues with the volume control thumbwheel on steering - specifically about it cracking or breaking? If yes, have you been able to get Skoda to replace it under warranty?

Attached an image of what I am referring to.

Yes, it is a common issue; I had mine broken last week, and I have asked the service advisor to raise it under warranty (I have not heard from her yet).

As a temp fix, I was able to glue it with the help of a glue I bought from a DIY shop (not Fevi Kwick).
Old 11th August 2024, 15:50   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz63 View Post
Superb completed 30,000 km yesterday.

It was due for a tire replacement and I went with Michelin Primacy, and my first impression is positive. I’m impressed with how quiet the tires are, so far loving it.

On the overall car performance; no major complaints so far, but one persistent issue remains: a rattling noise from the left top. I’ve visited the service center more than five times, and the car has been with them for a total of about 15 days. However, the noise always returns after driving a few kilometers on rough roads.
Hi. My Superb just completed 30,000 kms. Wanted to check why are you going for early tire replacement? Mine look good for another 5-10K kms. Also, can you please confirm the cost for Primacy.

I have tried everything for rattling noise in the sunroof. The service center kept the car for a few days but no matter what, it comes back in a few days. A very slightly open sunroof seems to cure the problem but that's not a permanent solution.
Old 11th August 2024, 19:20   #1542
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
Hi. My Superb just completed 30,000 kms. Wanted to check why are you going for early tire replacement? Mine look good for another 5-10K kms. Also, can you please confirm the cost for Primacy.

I have tried everything for rattling noise in the sunroof. The service center kept the car for a few days but no matter what, it comes back in a few days. A very slightly open sunroof seems to cure the problem but that's not a permanent solution.
Hi Akshay,

My two tyres had around a few thousand km of life left in them, and the other two had maybe a few hundred km of life left; my drive has been a mix of good roads, bad roads & soft offroading, and the tyres were in the fourth year of their life. I have had a few cracks & punctures on the tyres, and I have been waiting for an opportunity to change them for the last few months; one more nail piercing on the tyre gave me that last push (hahaha).

Primacy 4 ST is super silent; it cost me 60K with fitting and alignment.

Clicked on one such offroad trail.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-shahbaz10.png  

Old 5th September 2024, 13:59   #1543

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
Nice! It's amusing for sure.

Here you go kind sir, some pics that might give some insight.

Tried to keep it in sequence.
Interesting thing is that even if we don't take the phone with us when we drive the car (which I did today), after the trip, it gives the trip information with the location, and start / stop information and other details.

Hope this helps
I've been an active reader of this forum thread for a while. After a long wait and exploring multiple vehicles, I finally got my hands on a pre-owned MY'21 model about 3-4 months ago.

Recently, I started exploring the vehicle and its features, and I became very curious about the Skoda Connect feature. I updated my details with Skoda India, and last week, I received a call informing me that this feature is not available for my vehicle, which is a MY'21 September model. The advisor from Skoda also asked where I found information regarding the Skoda Connect option.

Additionally, they mentioned that they would like to send a technician to check my car for any possible dongle feature. Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed with this? also, is the feature available for all MY'21 vehicles or what
Old 5th September 2024, 14:38   #1544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahidBLR View Post
Additionally, they mentioned that they would like to send a technician to check my car for any possible dongle feature. Does anyone have any advice on how I should proceed with this? also, is the feature available for all MY'21 vehicles or what
It's an absolute waste of money and time. The app is glitchy, and only gives information such as engine running or shut down. I would suggest dont wast time and money behind getting it activated. Also it's not a free service. You can use similar dongles from JIO IOT.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2024, 17:17   #1545

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
It's an absolute waste of money and time. The app is glitchy, and only gives information such as engine running or shut down. I would suggest dont wast time and money behind getting it activated. Also it's not a free service. You can use similar dongles from JIO IOT.
Thank you for the quick response, will surely check out the JIO IOT suggested.
Is there any mobile app to check trip travel data rather than taking the dongle route?

Mod Note : Please go through Team-BHP's Posting Etiquette and request you to stick to the guidelines when making your next post.

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited by Sheel : 5th September 2024 at 17:45. Reason: Mod note attached.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks