Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2024, 01:14   #1516
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Hi All - I have a 2020 Sportline, which has done ~32K till date. While driving out of the parking lot today, I got a message on cluster as "Gearbox in Emergency Mode; You can drive".

I parked, switched off ignition and then restarted. The message had vanished and it did not come up again.

However, am wondering if this is a start of the fabled DSG failure woes?

Thoughts pls.
Old 9th June 2024, 08:08   #1517

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Happy to be corrected but the two work independently. You can lock the doors while the boot door is open. I'll try it again today
).
Yes, I checked. The boot can be opened without unlocking the doors. Thanks :-)
SumanPal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2024, 11:24   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Hi All - I have a 2020 Sportline, which has done ~32K till date. While driving out of the parking lot today, I got a message on cluster as "Gearbox in Emergency Mode; You can drive".

This might be the battery throwing tantrums at the end of it's life. But this might be accompanied by many other inexplicable electronics based alerts, which randomly come and go. But please get it checked with an OBD scanner to see if the error has been logged.
Old 15th June 2024, 12:02   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenstewart View Post
This might be the battery throwing tantrums at the end of it's life. But this might be accompanied by many other inexplicable electronics based alerts, which randomly come and go. But please get it checked with an OBD scanner to see if the error has been logged.
Yes, planning to get it scanned and checked out. Thanks. Also - don't think it may be the battery though, since its just about 6-8 months old. It has not occurred again - so let me see what the scan tells. Will get it done at Tafe - so atleast there is a record in their system, incase of any future issues.
SanjuInGgn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 19:02   #1520
BHPian

I recently got the 3rd service done of my Superb. Post servicing the car has become much smoother and quieter.

One different thing I notice is that if you brake the car while in "D" and then release the brake, it won't creep. Rather a "((P))" symbol appears in green and the car will creep / move ahead only after you tap the accelerator. E.g. at a signal, once you stop the car in "D", you can remove your foot off the brakes and the car will stay stationary.

In case I move the car to "N" after stopping, the (℗) appears only for a few seconds and then a message is displayed asking you to press the brake pedal.

I think this works better for me than the auto creep function.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_0773.jpg  

akshay81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 19:07   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post

One different thing I notice is that if you brake the car while in "D" and then release the brake, it won't creep. Rather a "((P))" symbol appears in green and the car will creep / move ahead only after you tap the accelerator. E.g. at a signal, once you stop the car in "D", you can remove your foot off the brakes and the car will stay stationary.

In case I move the car to "N" after stopping, the (℗) appears only for a few seconds and then a message is displayed asking you to press the brake pedal.

I think this works better for me than the auto creep function.
I believe that is the auto-hold function activated. You can switch it off by pressing the autohold button near the parking brake.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 18:00   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogslogger View Post
I believe that is the auto-hold function activated. You can switch it off by pressing the autohold button near the parking brake.
You are right. However, post the update, the auto hold is activated by default and need to turn it off if required.
Old 22nd June 2024, 09:38   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
You are right. However, post the update, the auto hold is activated by default and need to turn it off if required.
I have had it just like this since the beginning. Maybe they had it configured slightly different during pre-delivery PDI check from dealership.
Old 26th June 2024, 17:06   #1524
BHPian

Quick updates, worryingly for my Skoda Superb. It is in it's third year, still going strong on the same battery and a fresh set of tires.

The Skoda has gotten it's first battle scar. A random motorbike just cut across, skid and fell on my stationary car, leaving a deep dent in the right quarter panel and the bumper mounting brackets shorn off. The random motorbike just scooted off and I didn't pursue him, with the peace of mind of the bumper to bumper insurance.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_6425.jpg

Today, I have left the car at the much dreaded Aura Motors Tirunelveli Skoda ASC for the insurance claim. The claim is yet to be processed, but they have told the spares will take two weeks to arrive and three more days for the repairs to be complete. To add insult to injury, they were blatant to tell that a loaner car won't be provided at all.

So now, tentatively, my car is about to spend more than half a month at the service center, mind you, where they have done this. (Two Skoda dealers damage Kushaq interiors repeatedly | Makes ownership experience average to worse)

It should never be the case that one should we worried about an ASC but here I am. I think this is the seminal moment where the Skoda ASC makes or breaks my trust. Will keep you all updated on how it turns out. Parting with a shot of the car which has served me well till now.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-dsc00280.jpg
sbenstewart is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 12:45   #1525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A random motorbike just cut across, skid and fell on my stationary car, leaving a deep dent in the right quarter panel and the bumper mounting brackets shorn off.

The claim is yet to be processed, but they have told the spares will take two weeks to arrive and three more days for the repairs to be complete.

So now, tentatively, my car is about to spend more than half a month at the service center xxxx
Sorry to hear this, but confused why you need to leave your lovely vehicle for 3 weeks for what is essentially body-work. I would have point-blank refused!
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 17:23   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sorry to hear this, but confused why you need to leave your lovely vehicle for 3 weeks for what is essentially body-work. I would have point-blank refused!
It is for the new bumper to arrive. The current one has it's brackets broken, and is somehow standing. It could have been done with screws, but not a perfect fix.
sbenstewart is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2024, 19:01   #1527
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is for the new bumper to arrive. The current one has it's brackets broken, and is somehow standing. It could have been done with screws, but not a perfect fix.
Got it but I would still have preferred to have it parked idle at home minus the bumper (if it won’t make it back in one piece), rather than in the tender clutches of Skoda.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2024, 07:54   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Quick updates, worryingly for my Skoda Superb. It is in it's third year, still going strong on the same battery and a fresh set of tires.

The Skoda has gotten it's first battle scar. A random motorbike just cut across, skid and fell on my stationary car, leaving a deep dent in the right quarter panel and the bumper mounting brackets shorn off. The random motorbike just scooted off and I didn't pursue him, with the peace of mind of the bumper to bumper insurance.

Attachment 2620967

Today, I have left the car at the much dreaded Aura Motors Tirunelveli Skoda ASC for the insurance claim. The claim is yet to be processed, but they have told the spares will take two weeks to arrive and three more days for the repairs to be complete. To add insult to injury, they were blatant to tell that a loaner car won't be provided at all.

So now, tentatively, my car is about to spend more than half a month at the service center, mind you, where they have done this. (Two Skoda dealers damage Kushaq interiors repeatedly | Makes ownership experience average to worse)

It should never be the case that one should we worried about an ASC but here I am. I think this is the seminal moment where the Skoda ASC makes or breaks my trust. Will keep you all updated on how it turns out. Parting with a shot of the car which has served me well till now.

Attachment 2620987
Sorry to hear about the crash. I was also under the impression about the existence of loaner cars when something goes wrong with your premium car, however such things don’t exist in India, at least for the normal people. If you are in the friends/ family list of the dealer or an influencer/ media, the chances are very slim to get a loaner car. The best that I have managed in the many years of owning different cars is a drop home.
KKapadia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 14:10   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Got it but I would still have preferred to have it parked idle at home minus the bumper (if it won’t make it back in one piece), rather than in the tender clutches of Skoda.
True, but I had no other choice as I had to get back to work from office. Having zero relationship with the ASC at Bangalore, I left it at home, and yes, if you have contacts, would be awesome to get those here too for the near future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKapadia View Post
Sorry to hear about the crash. I was also under the impression about the existence of loaner cars when something goes wrong with your premium car, however such things don’t exist in India, at least for the normal people. If you are in the friends/ family list of the dealer or an influencer/ media, the chances are very slim to get a loaner car. The best that I have managed in the many years of owning different cars is a drop home.
Yes, having to live a car free life for a few weeks. Overall it has been eye opening, with my bicycle usage having gone up, and kudos to my team mates, I have kind of brushed up on the motor biking skills too.

Will update on the car as soon as I get it delivered.
Old 2nd August 2024, 02:40   #1530
BHPian

Seeking advice of Škoda Superb L&K (MY2022) owners— I am facing a snafu with my car’s handling and stability on the road, ever since it was returned after wheel balancing and wheel alignment at the Škoda Auto ASC (Delhi-NCR).

Please help me with useful tips and/or what to watch for / ask the service technician to focus on for fixing this issue at the ASC?

1. Driving over 85+ kmph speed leads to the car pulling strongly to the left and the steering feel gets really stiff. (even with steering set at ‘normal’ drive mode)
2. In addition to the above, at speeds above 100 kmph (legally) on expressways is further leading to vibrations on the steering wheel which I never experienced in my lifetime with this car for 25,000+ kms, as its first owner. (vibrations are so strong it is leading to fatigue and pain in the arms and shoulders)

Any members/owners having expertise and/or experience on this, I welcome their views on any other suspension/steering components to be examined in addition to re-balancing/realignment of the car’s wheels?

To clarify, this was a routine wheel balancing, tyre rotation + wheel alignment service carried out at the Škoda service center in Delhi. There was no issue with the wheels and/or handling/no steering vibrations prior to the said service.

Any tyre experts in S. Delhi/ Noida/ Indirapuram areas of NCR whom you would recommend/would be worth a visit to undo/rectify the issue created after the aforementioned service at the ASC?
Thanks much for guiding me.

Last edited by Sen_auto_sation : 2nd August 2024 at 02:47. Reason: Syntax

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks