Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:36   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

OT:

The S-Cross has an option where the FE meter gets reset everytime you reset the Trip A. Check if a similar option exists in the Brezza, makes life a wee bit easier
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:51   #1412
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
OT:

The S-Cross has an option where the FE meter gets reset everytime you reset the Trip A. Check if a similar option exists in the Brezza, makes life a wee bit easier
I don't think it is there for the Brezza. I have posted what is mentioned in the owner's manual of the Brezza in previous page. It works as it does for Swift, Dzire, Ciaz and Ertiga.

What sums it up : Unless you reset the value of average fuel consumption, the display indicates the value of average fuel consumption which includes average fuel consumption during previous driving.

S-Cross as we know is a product well made and to better standards .

Last edited by paragsachania : 3rd August 2018 at 12:53.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 14:20   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
In the above video, one can faintly see that it is the avg. kmpl(30 kmpl), even though it might have been temporary for a few 5-10 kms. It must have included a lot of coasting in neutral and a very light foot driving without A/C. With a diesel engine like 1.3MJD heavily tuned for mileage, I wouldn't be surprised to see avg. FE over 25kmpl.
One of the primary reasons for it to remain as the national engine, even after decreased parity in petrol and diesel prices.
My vehicle usually displays 21-25 kmpl as the avg.kmpl, I drive very light footed without coasting in neutral. From my experience I beleive the real figures are 1.5 to 2 kms less than the avg.kmpl displayed. Got the same figure for nearly 35 kilometers stretch (ie between Walayar - Alathur), then as soon as I exited the NH & entered the SH the figure displayed was around 27-28 kmpl.
Old 3rd August 2018, 14:24   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Here's what the owner's manual of Brezza also says (Sec 2-57):

This kind of confirms what I have been explaining.
Thank you Parag.
Yes, found it in the manual. I had somehow overlooked it.

Last edited by MSAneesh : 3rd August 2018 at 14:25.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 12:43   #1415
BHPian

I have taken the delivery of VDI brezza last month and have covered 1800 kms and 1st service is over now. The car is awesome and a real upgrade for myself and my family. Coming from an alto and wagonr, we can feel the upgrade even though there are some missing features. I have few queries on accessories and daily running:

1. The dealer told me that fog lamps cant be fit for VDI model because Maruti is not allowing the modifications. Is this true? Can we fix official MGA fog lamps or not?
2. Steering mounted audio controls is absent in VDI. Can we get this added too from a dealer? I am looking for MGA part only.
3. Rear wipe- can this also be fixed?
4. Diesel additives - This is my 1st diesel car and i am confused on this. Can someone please explain the benefits of this ?

Thanks in advance!!
sairamboko is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 12:51   #1416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
1. The dealer told me that fog lamps cant be fit for VDI model because Maruti is not allowing the modifications. Is this true? Can we fix official MGA fog lamps or not?
Fitment of aftermarket or even MGP Fog Lamps is not a straightforward task as it involves a bit of complex wiring if you want to make this work like how it works on higher end variants.

OE Switch has to be installed, wiring done in a way that fogs function only when the parking lights/head lights are on etc.

Quote:
2. Steering mounted audio controls is absent in VDI. Can we get this added too from a dealer? I am looking for MGA part only.
Not easy again, if your actual Music System doesn't support this. And there are interfaces available but you will have to spend time understanding how things work in the first place.

Parts are definitely available but there will be a lot of auxiliary parts you will need to make it work, not to forget a clean execution of the whole task.

Quote:
3. Rear wipe- can this also be fixed?
Can certainly be fixed but will come at a cost and the following complexities:
- Location of the wiper (and a hole needs to be drilled)
- Location of the washer nozzle (and the associated fitting)
- Routing of the water hose all the way from the tail to the reservoir under the bonnet - By removing a lot of body panels
Quote:
4. Diesel additives - This is my 1st diesel car and i am confused on this. Can someone please explain the benefits of this ?
You really don't need any additives unless you have started to face any performance issues. You only ensure to refill at a reliable fuel station all the times and that will take care of things on long run.

Among the first 3, the easiest still would be installing the fog lamps and the wiring for the same. You can refer to this (Maruti Celerio DIY - Fog lights and DRL installation)post for the same and you will get ideas as the concept remains the same - Switch, Routing of wiring etc etc.

In the end I would say enjoy your ride in its present state and modify strictly based on needs and not for fancy reasons - In fact, I have been contemplating on steering mounted controls since the day I bought, even researched a lot on that and gradually that zeal has mellowed down now.

I see fog lamps are the only worthy addition here unless you want to attempt all of the rest on a brand new car!

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th August 2018 at 13:03.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 19:40   #1417
BHPian

Quote:

I had enquired about this at my dealer, for a friend. They said old Swift's fog lamps can be fitted in Brezza for around 4k.

My friend decided not to install because of the price.
knightrider_7 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2018, 21:34   #1418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have taken the delivery of VDI brezza last month
Congratulations! You did remain in the (Maruti) family after all. Do write an ownership report whenever possible.

Quote:
The dealer told me that fog lamps cant be fit for VDI model because Maruti is not allowing the modifications.
The Vdi versions of the earlier Marutis used to come factory fitted with fog lamps; now they don't, sadly. However, the dealer and/or the MASS will have stock of the fog lamp kit that includes the wiring, switches and the bulbs. They are interchangeable among the models, although each car might have different part numbers for the same. You can get it fitted without voiding warranty. An acquaintance got them fitted in his Swift Vdi a few months ago.

Last edited by dailydriver : 7th August 2018 at 21:36.
dailydriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 10:44   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
I had enquired about this at my dealer, for a friend. They said old Swift's fog lamps can be fitted in Brezza for around 4k.

My friend decided not to install because of the price.
Thank you for sharing this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Congratulations! You did remain in the (Maruti) family after all. Do write an ownership report whenever possible.

The Vdi versions of the earlier Marutis used to come factory fitted with fog lamps; now they don't, sadly. However, the dealer and/or the MASS will have stock of the fog lamp kit that includes the wiring, switches and the bulbs. They are interchangeable among the models, although each car might have different part numbers for the same. You can get it fitted without voiding warranty. An acquaintance got them fitted in his Swift Vdi a few months ago.
Thank you! Yes didnt feel like leaving the family ( Maruti ) . Since mine is a company leas car, i will check with the dealer again and if nothing can be done, i will just change the headlamps to better ones later.
sairamboko is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:03   #1420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for sharing this!

Thank you! Yes didnt feel like leaving the family ( Maruti ) . Since mine is a company leas car, i will check with the dealer again and if nothing can be done, i will just change the headlamps to better ones later.
Headlights of Brezza are poor, no doubt about it. I did an upgrade last year of both the bulbs as well as the foglamp with Micro XP Fogs and am happy with it. Here is the link. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4192362

Since yours is a VDi, you can very well get a separate switch for its working. Micro XP fogs are available at less than 10K now.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2018, 11:25   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Headlights of Brezza are poor, no doubt about it. I did an upgrade last year of both the bulbs as well as the foglamp with Micro XP Fogs and am happy with it. Here is the link. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4192362

Since yours is a VDi, you can very well get a separate switch for its working. Micro XP fogs are available at less than 10K now.
Thank you bonecollector! I am not a fan of DIY jobs and I am afraid of it to be honest. So i will skip this and upgrade the headlights for now.
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 08:48   #1422
BHPian

My less than 1 month old VDI VB seems to be having issues with tyres, especially Wheel alignment and balancing. With just 2000kms on odo, the black rings started appearing. Its more pronounced in the rear tyres. I have escalated to the customer service manager of my dealer- Pratham Motors, ORR , Bangalore. Will keep you posted on what happens. Never expected this from a brand new Maruti car.

Edit: tyres are MRF make

Front Tyres

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fron1.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fron2.jpg

Rear Tyres

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-rear1.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-rear2.jpg
Old 15th August 2018, 22:58   #1423
BHPian

If it looks like an alignment problem, get it aligned from a reputable specialized shop outside of the service centres. They would do a better job than the service centre guys who do this between all their other jobs.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2018, 23:43   #1424
BHPian

Get the wheel alignment checked at the service center for free. Given this is a new car, wheel alignment issues are unacceptable
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 22:57   #1425
BHPian

Quote:
My less than 1 month old VDI VB seems to be having issues with tyres, especially Wheel alignment and balancing. With just 2000kms on odo, the black rings started appearing. Its more pronounced in the rear tyres. I have escalated to the customer service manager of my dealer- Pratham Motors, ORR , Bangalore. Will keep you posted on what happens. Never expected this from a brand new Maruti car.

Edit: tyres are MRF make
An update: today went to the service centre and they told me this is not an issue. However I was not satisfied. They did balancing and alignment for me and showed me all was good. They didn't charge me for the weights and replaced the weights also without me asking. Goes on to show why Maruti service is good. I still don't know why the black ring kind of thing happens. The service centre manager showed me other brezza cars too with MRF make and Apollo make. They did have the same mark. Really wondering what would cause this, since I am seeing this for the first time. Maybe the Bangalore roads?
sairamboko is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks