Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2016, 19:24   #121
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

I am really surprised that most of them are having a shock of their life that the Brezza is small . MSL has clearly mentioned from its concept stage that it is going to be a sub 4m car/pseudo SUV. Then why so much of frowning and whining that the car is small in reality and it looked bigger in AD. Please remember it is a 4m, even if Ferrari designs a car in 4m, it will be a 4m and not more than that

Last edited by PetroTurbo : 12th April 2016 at 19:25. Reason: special character correction
PetroTurbo is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 21:39   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
A colleague of mine saw the ads of the Brezza and was blown away by it. Once the car was launched and he saw one on the road, he tells me he didn't know it will be so small. He was expecting Duster size vehicle with imposing road presence.

Finally he tells me, your Ecosport looks more butch than the Brezza.

The Brezza has been designed very cleverly but it does not blow you away. It's a safe design.
It indeed is a clean car and yes there are elements, where MSIL has played extremely safe. I personally like clean elements and I am happy with the way the car looks in person. I have been following the car since the test mules were spotted and in person when I looked at the car for the first time (Again, these are my personal opinions) it appeared to me neat and bigger than what I had imagined it to be. It's a sub 4M and it was at a price point below ecosport. To me, it did get me excited, it did look butch and even now on the road when one passes by it just grabs my attention.
Yes. the variants below Zdi are a real let down and the guide led's are way too mellow. However most of my folks have liked the way it is and when it goes with the MSIL batch, it does pull their emotional strings.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 22:42   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
My point is that being a BHPian doesn't mean that we should/must always go in for a vehicle that everyone thinks is good. I've even read comments wherein people have outright rejected the Brezza without even taking a TD, just on interior looks! For me, the interior is fantastic and practical. I've not done a proper TD of Ecosport but have not considered it due to service related issues. I feel i'll be happy with Brezza so be it. Had it not been Brezza, it would have been a S-Cross.
Ecosport has better quality of materials in the interiors but I prefer Brezza's interior due to its practicality. most of the things are in place. Only the plastic quality is a little letdown on the doors. Brezza looks better than Ecosport to me. Lot cleaner design.
Old 12th April 2016, 22:47   #124
BHPian

Fantastic review of Vitara Brezza - worth the wait!!! Rated the thread a deserving 5 star

Your eye for detail is astounding (like the one quoted below, seriously ) and you have taken the standard of review in T-BHP to the next level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
TUV300 gets it under the driver's seat (link to image), while the Vitara Brezza gets a storage tray under the front passenger's seat (like the EcoSport). Load bearing capacity = 1 kg. Preferred place to carry cash or valuables - out of sight for any thief. In case you were wondering, 1 kg means ~8 lakh rupees in 1,000 rupee notes:
Maruti will laugh their way to the bank with this blockbuster product. And I shudder to think what would have happened if they have introduced with Petrol option and Automatics - 6 months waiting period might be running in years?

But I still think Ecosport is the car to beat in the Compact SUV category and with the recent price reduction it makes more sense and good value proposition.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 07:42   #125
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone felt the leverage required to close the doors in the Breeza is somewhat a bit less? When i went for the TD i felt the door could have had a grab hole at the back along with the grab handle at the front. Somehow I felt a bit uncomfortable in closing the doors from the inside
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 08:04   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Somehow I felt a bit uncomfortable in closing the doors from the inside
I felt that too but then I was so used to Maruti's placement of the handle to pull the door from inside that this one felt uncomfortable.

Usually the grab handle is almost where your elbow rests but here you need to reach out to it and apply more pressure to pull as its placed closer to the hinges. Plus, the angle of course!!

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-untitled.png

But then, many other cars I have noticed also have a similar set-up (with heavier doors) too. So its just a matter of getting used to it.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vw_polo_07.jpg

(Pic from Polo's official review)
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 08:55   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
I am really surprised that most of them are having a shock of their life that the Brezza is small . MSL has clearly mentioned from its concept stage that it is going to be a sub 4m car/pseudo SUV. Then why so much of frowning and whining that the car is small in reality and it looked bigger in AD. Please remember it is a 4m, even if Ferrari designs a car in 4m, it will be a 4m and not more than that
Sub 4m does not automatically imply a small car - look at the TUV.
Breeza really looks quiet small in person. And looking at the price and package, the Baleno makes a lot more sense. The only thing Breeza has going for it is slightly more driver height and better GC.
Old 13th April 2016, 09:28   #128
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
Breeza really looks quiet small in person. And looking at the price and package, the Baleno makes a lot more sense. The only thing Breeza has going for it is slightly more driver height and better GC.
+ 1 to this.

I have not seen the car in person but from the picture it appears small. I had taken test drive of TUV. I'm really impressed by its size and presence. Three pot engine was deal breaker to me. Let Mahendra put proper four pot engine and I'm sure it will sell more than XUV
Old 13th April 2016, 09:46   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
But TUV looks like it's rear is sliced in half. In my opinion car should be well proportionate and TUV300 is definitely not that. It's for the same reason, I don't like compact sedans like Swift Dzire, Xcent or Zest and sub 4m SUVs like TUV300, Nuvosport etc...

All these cars look like, they are designed with 4.3m length in mind, but suddenly decided to chop them off to get the 4m tax benefits.

Brezza is one of the few sub 4m cars that's well designed. Another one that comes to my mind is Tata Kite 5 (yet to be released).
sri_tesla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 10:08   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I felt that too but then I was so used to Maruti's placement of the handle to pull the door from inside that this one felt uncomfortable.

Usually the grab handle is almost where your elbow rests but here you need to reach out to it and apply more pressure to pull as its placed closer to the hinges. Plus, the angle of course!!

But then, many other cars I have noticed also have a similar set-up (with heavier doors) too. So its just a matter of getting used to it.

Your both points are correct :-

Point 1 :- The door handle is placed wrong and very near to the fulcrum(hinge) of the door and makes difficult to pull easily. Basic principle of Lever has been overlooked. My Ritz had it correctly placed as you have indicated and was easy to pull.

Point 2 :- One gets used to this arrangement after some days of usage(i have) but a new entrant in the co-driver seat often finds it difficult to get it right.

I was wondering why the handle was placed here, well could it be a smart move by Maruti to make the door feel on the heavier side .
mountaineer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 10:09   #131
BHPian

Though I have not TD it, but have seen a lot of brezzas on the road from close quarters. One thing for sure, it does not look like a hatch on steroids, or a MUV with rear chopped off. Its rather well proportioned. Take out the wheel from ecosport's hatch and you know what I am talking about. On looks front, the only grouse that I have, not only with Brezza but for most other cars from MS, Ritz upwards, is the front quarter design, just around the front wheels. They all look exactly the same!

As for the interiors, well its a Maruti after all. Even Tata and mahindra have gone past it on interior looks front. But MS car will go the distance without much rattles, that's a given. And over a long ownership period, that's what matters the most. There is a reason MS play safe with their cars and styling. People love it that way only. There are too many choices for bling lovers to choose from otherwise.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 10:28   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

I've read so many comments here ranging from 0 to 10 on a scale of 10. Well, what I feel is that if the vehicle suits you, its as good as the best vehicle available in market for you.

My point is that being a BHPian doesn't mean that we should/must always go in for a vehicle that everyone thinks is good. I've even read comments wherein people have outright rejected the Brezza without even taking a TD, just on interior looks! For me, the interior is fantastic and practical. I've not done a proper TD of Ecosport but have not considered it due to service related issues. I feel i'll be happy with Brezza so be it. Had it not been Brezza, it would have been a S-Cross.
Doc,

Don't be dissuaded by the comments.

Each person has his own tastes and deal breakers.

A few years back i rejected the i10 only because it had a beige fascia which reflected on the windscreen. Everything else in that car was perfect, but this is one thing i didn't want to compromise on

Hoping your Brezza comes soon, its been more than a years wait for your new car now i guess.

Oh by the way I'm on the Brezza waiting list again
slicvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 10:33   #133
BHPian

Excellent review and well deserved 5 stars. Impeccable attention to detail. I'm still trying to find some spare time to TD Brezza. Hopefully this weekend and I can share my views.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 11:16   #134
BHPian

Dont agree to the part where you compare the premiumness of Baleno to Vitara Brezza. May be when you compare the highest trims then Brezza ZDI and ZDI+is more Premium then say Baleno Zeta and Alpha. Though when you compare the two version vs version the Baleno is more aptly stacked with features than Brezza.
I have test driven both and to be frankly the transmission on Baleno far out performs the one on Brezza.

Point i am trying to make, Baleno feels far more premium then Brezza version vs version.

An amazingly detailed review by the way. Kudos!! Really covers all the aspects that a buyer can think of.
Old 13th April 2016, 11:21   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
I was wondering why the handle was placed here, well could it be a smart move by Maruti to make the door feel on the heavier side .
But I found it difficult to close the door in first attempt, as I was trying with low force.

If they want to make the feeling of heavier doors, either they should make it heavier, or they should design the doors in a more trickier way to feel firmer as below (2) instead of the current way (1). These are cross section sketches of a door without the glass area. When people see that portion of the door, it should be bulkier to feel the heaviness.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-hndl.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 13th April 2016 at 11:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks