Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2017, 07:51   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Vitara Brezza still reveling its success . Still 45000 bookings pending, waiting period of 24-28 weeks depending upon the variants.
There seems to be some mismatch in the figures. Earlier, it was reported that Brezza garnered 2 lakhs bookings. Assuming 1 lakh of them delivered till now in 10 months, and another 45k pending orders, it's only 1.45 lakh bookings. Or, the remaining 55k bookings cancelled?
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 18:11   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Vitara Brezza rides UV wave, likely to cross 100,000 sales in less than a year.
Vitara Brezza crosses the 1,00,000 sales milestone.

Quoting MSIL:

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki India Limited’s (MSIL), top-selling urban compact SUV Vitara Brezza has crossed one lakh cumulative sales milestone in the domestic market.
Launched in March 2016, Vitara Brezza disrupted the compact SUV market in India with its sporty and glamorous styling, class leading features and outstanding fuel efficiency. Using Suzuki’s core technology and global vehicle development processes, Vitara Brezza was designed and developed in India with the support from Suzuki
It was also the first car in India to be certified for offset and side impact crash tests that will be enforced in India in October 2017 onwards.

Thanking customers on the occasion, Mr. R S Kalsi, Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki said, “Vitara Brezza has been a game changer for Maruti Suzuki. With its bold and sporty looks, contemporary interiors and feature-rich character, Vitara Brezza has addressed all parameters that customers expect from a compact SUV. Based on customer demand for personalization we introduced the ICreate customization portfolio in Vitara Brezza. We are delighted that the new age customers have liked this overwhelmingly. We thank all our customers who have chosen Vitara Brezza and have enabled us to attain leadership position amongst compact SUVs.”

Vitara Brezza is country’s most awarded compact urban SUV and has won various Car of the Year awards including the prestigious Indian Car of the Year Award 2017 (ICOTY).

Link-http://www.marutisuzuki.com/press-re...arch-2017.aspx
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 14:56   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

I was wondering as to how MSIL is planning to price the Brezza Boosterjet if it is launched. If we look at the Baleno RS, its priced 1.4L over the regular Petrol Alpha and even nearly 30K more than the Diesel Alpha with a 75BHP heart! In case of Brezza which has a 89BHP heart, since we have no petrol variant, we have to compare it with the Top End Diesel, ZDi+. Now if we consider a more powerful engined Brezza and 75BHP Baleno, the price difference between a Boosterjet Brezza and DDiS Brezza might not be that much and could be near similar if MSIL is not greedy. However, having Diesel variants cheaper than Petrol variants may have some implications on its sale. Ecosport has a 1.5L NA variant which does the duty without any complaints. I hope MSIL also comes up with a 1.4/1.5L NA Petrol engined Brezza as well as a Boosterjet one. In that case, the Ecosport Ecoboost Titanium + would be a better option in my opinion when compared to Brezza Boosterjet.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 15:22   #1069
Senior - BHPian

In case of Brezza, the boosterjet wont be priced as differently than the diesel if launched as the boosterjet will be as fast or as slow as the Breeza diesel. Both would enjoy the same excise benefits but Maruti might need to spend more as the boosterjet is imported. The low hp in diesel will be compensated well by the additional torque in the diesel. Just note how the Baleno petrol and diesel are equally fast/slow from 0-100 and similar. So the boosterjet will not provide any significant performance gains and lag will be more evident in the Brezza due to the higher weight compared to the Baleno. IMO it does not make sense to launch the boosterjet at the same price as diesel as its a no-brainer to pick the diesel over the boosterjet. See how well the Ecosport diesel sells compared to the ecoboost which are priced within 40k of each other.

Unless Maruti localizes this engine and is able to price about 50-70k lower than the diesel in the Brezza, it does not make sense and if Maruti decides to give Breeza the Ecoboost, they should give S-Cross the same as well as they both weigh the same.

Another reason for Maruti to price the boosterjet Baleno so high is to to target impatient Baleno customers and make a killing on the margin as Boosterjet waiting period will be lower than the Baleno Alpha. Remember how Hyundai brought the Active at a good margin for customers to choose the upgrade over the waiting period and get faster delivery.

Last edited by dipen : 4th March 2017 at 15:24.
Old 5th March 2017, 11:41   #1070
BHPian

Brezza will most likely get the 1.5 L engine that will make its way to the Ciaz in the facelift. There are no royalties required for the 1.5 engine compared to the 1.3 DDiS and will make the Brezza more affordable. Plus, the 1.5 Engine will not be a oil guzzler.

MS has sold more than 1 lakh Brezza just with diesel engines. They can surely look to double the number in the next year with petrol engines as there are many Ford Ecosport buyers who are petrol-heads and the absence of a petrol in Brezza is a deal breaker.

The expectation is that of a 1.5 petrol engine in the Brezza. There could be a 1 L boosterjet but that will just be to complete the portfolio like the Ecoboost in Ecosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
In case of Brezza, the boosterjet wont be priced as differently than the diesel if launched as the boosterjet will be as fast or as slow as the Breeza diesel. Both would enjoy the same excise benefits but Maruti might need to spend more as the boosterjet is imported. The low hp in diesel will be compensated well by the additional torque in the diesel. Just note how the Baleno petrol and diesel are equally fast/slow from 0-100 and similar. So the boosterjet will not provide any significant performance gains and lag will be more evident in the Brezza due to the higher weight compared to the Baleno. IMO it does not make sense to launch the boosterjet at the same price as diesel as its a no-brainer to pick the diesel over the boosterjet. See how well the Ecosport diesel sells compared to the ecoboost which are priced within 40k of each other.

Unless Maruti localizes this engine and is able to price about 50-70k lower than the diesel in the Brezza, it does not make sense and if Maruti decides to give Breeza the Ecoboost, they should give S-Cross the same as well as they both weigh the same.

Another reason for Maruti to price the boosterjet Baleno so high is to to target impatient Baleno customers and make a killing on the margin as Boosterjet waiting period will be lower than the Baleno Alpha. Remember how Hyundai brought the Active at a good margin for customers to choose the upgrade over the waiting period and get faster delivery.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 15:29   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Brezza will most likely get the 1.5 L engine that will make its way to the Ciaz in the facelift.
I doubt this. Maruti in the volume segment will not let go of excise benefits. I think the Maruti strategy will be as below for the Brezza.
1. Continue with the 1.3 DDIS till the in-house 1.5 is available.
2. They wont launch 1.0 boosterjet as they cannot price is attractively.
3. They wont launch a 1.5L petrol as excise benefits go away.

They also know that SUV or SUV-wannabe customers will least opt for a petrol due the inherent nature of higher car kerb weight and lower petrol torque numbers. Do FE is also low and fun is also low. So they dont move off showroom floors easily.
Old 5th March 2017, 16:07   #1072
Senior - BHPian

The import duty of 1L BoosterJet engine from Japan will kill itself in India. Maruti either has to produce it in India to use in Brezza, or not use it.

Maruti can think of adding a small turbo to the existing 1.2 K-series / 1.2 G-series engines without direct injection technology (as what Tata did in their Revotron engine) and make the output of 110BHP at a premium of Rs 50K. This engine can be used in a wide variety of cars starting from Swift through Brezza to SCross, IMO.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 5th March 2017 at 16:15.
Old 9th March 2017, 19:16   #1073
BHPian

My experience driving the Brezza has been good these past 6 months. I like the vehicle- it's roomy, suits my sedate riving style and is easy to handle.

However, I would love to get some advice. I am sad to report that I have suffered the unwanted attentions of three idiot drivers on Delhi roads in the past 6 months, leading to (a) a partly damaged rear (hit me while I was stationary) and (b) 2 scratches on the side (one, hit while parked, the other while someone tried to overtake me from the inside on a turn). Total damages- Rs 6000.

Perhaps I'm overcompensating, but I now feel the need for exterior protectors for my Brezza, on the front, back and sides but am not sure what to buy and what works.

I realize that 'hard' bumper protectors/ bull guards/ crash guards etc can harm the structural integrity of the car, especially in a collision, so am not sure what to do. Do plastic bumpers work better?

At the same time, how effective is the below? Are there solutions for the back and sides as well?

http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Bumper.../dp/B01D8SZVC2

Suggestions and ideas would be most welcome.
Old 9th March 2017, 23:53   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
My experience driving the Brezza has been good these past 6 months. I like the vehicle- it's roomy, suits my sedate riving style and is easy to handle.

However, I would love to get some advice. I am sad to report that I have suffered the unwanted attentions of three idiot drivers on Delhi roads in the past 6 months, leading to (a) a partly damaged rear (hit me while I was stationary) and (b) 2 scratches on the side (one, hit while parked, the other while someone tried to overtake me from the inside on a turn). Total damages- Rs 6000.

Perhaps I'm overcompensating, but I now feel the need for exterior protectors for my Brezza, on the front, back and sides but am not sure what to buy and what works.

I realize that 'hard' bumper protectors/ bull guards/ crash guards etc can harm the structural integrity of the car, especially in a collision, so am not sure what to do. Do plastic bumpers work better?

At the same time, how effective is the below? Are there solutions for the back and sides as well?

http://www.amazon.in/Speedwav-Bumper.../dp/B01D8SZVC2

Suggestions and ideas would be most welcome.
I have had these on my Swift Dzire which I used for 6 years. Unfortunately, I cannot find any better term than 'useless' for them.

It will provide 0% protection during the unfortunate incidents similar to the ones you mentioned. Heck, they mostly fail to prevent scratches even if you gently brush your car against someone else's or vice versa.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 00:35   #1075
BHPian

I believe such bull guards may also affect triggering of Airbags in case of impact. There have been quite a few consumer cases against Mahindra before the Consumer Forum claiming compensation for damages in lieu of failure of Airbags where the standard defence taken by manufacturers is bull guards which affect warranty conditions.

I believe the best would be to have comprehensive insurance valid and subsisting and hoping that one doesn't face such unfortunate incidents. However, if one does, just relax and depending on the extent of damage and feasibility of raising an insurance claim, one must straightaway take the car to the authorised workshop and claim insurance without brooding over the inevitable on Indian roads.
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 02:17   #1076
BHPian

My Brezza ZDI has run about 16k KMs, and for the last 5k KMs I've been facing one or the other issue with Bluetooth. Has anyone else faced these issues? Was there any solution that worked?
Issues :
* At times, the bluetooth just won't connect with the phone, and then I have to manually remove the bluetooth connection and pair again
* The bluetooth is connected to the car but the sound is not passed on the car's audio (it shows connected on the display, and also shows the name of the audio track currently running)
* The volume of the person on the other side of the call is very low, in comparison to the volume of the audio tracks
Old 14th March 2017, 10:32   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
My Brezza ZDI has run about 16k KMs, and for the last 5k KMs I've been facing one or the other issue with Bluetooth. Has anyone else faced these issues?
Although I do not own any Maruti vehicle, both my cars feature Bluetooth as OEM and I've faced issues similar to these. Frequent pairing/unpairing is -in my experience - an issue with the handset.

- unpair your handset and in fact, unpair all handsets if any. Turn off the BT of all your handsets in the vicinity.
- grab another handset of different model/make, with a different version of OS if it is Android, and pair it with your car. Now test and find out it is working OK.
- confirm your results by repeating the process and pairing a THIRD handset.

If all the three handsets are working erratically, contact your Brezza dealer. You might want to give your head unit a reset before that. Read your ICE manual, or unplug the battery, AFTER verifying the process with your owner's manual.
If the second and third sets are working fine, the culprit is your handset. Backup and give it a factory reset.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 14th March 2017 at 10:43.
Old 15th March 2017, 12:11   #1078
BHPian

Recently noticed an issue with Bluetooth in my Brezza. I had transferred contacts from my phone to car phonebook. But, the phonebook is emptied every time the car audio system is switched off. Once it is switched back on and I press the off-hook call button, it says "No Entry" in the phonebook. anyone else facing this?

Strangely enough, once the contacts are transferred again, the car kit still remembers my speed dial assignments.
Old 15th March 2017, 12:24   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Make no mistake - Brezza in itself is a wonderfully engineered car, with good driving dynamics and comfort.

But i am more interested to understand the thought process of the consumer who decides to go for the Brezza (inspite of such huge waiting periods).

Its not as spacious as even some compact sedans. For example - the boot space of an Amaze would be better.

The rear seat, though can seat three in comfort - well so can some compact sedans, premium hatchbacks and C segment sedans.

The high seating position - i think even smaller cars like IGNIS provide similar kind of commanding view of the road.

Is it an SUV? - Not quite. Duster/Terrano/XUV are in their own league. I don't think one can drive the Brezza over bad roads or rough terrain - the way more proper SUV's can.

So what it actually Brezza? A Glorified, amplified hatchback? This is something i would not comment on - but its the closest to describing the Brezza that i can think of (and for that matter - even Ecosport).

P.S. - No offence meant for the buyers of this great product - but just to get a little bit of insight of what a typical Brezza buyer looks for in a car.
Old 15th March 2017, 13:52   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Make no mistake - Brezza in itself is a wonderfully engineered car, with good driving dynamics and comfort.

But i am more interested to understand the thought process of the consumer who decides to go for the Brezza (inspite of such huge waiting periods).

Its not as spacious as even some compact sedans. For example - the boot space of an Amaze would be better.

The rear seat, though can seat three in comfort - well so can some compact sedans, premium hatchbacks and C segment sedans.

The high seating position - i think even smaller cars like IGNIS provide similar kind of commanding view of the road.

Is it an SUV? - Not quite. Duster/Terrano/XUV are in their own league. I don't think one can drive the Brezza over bad roads or rough terrain - the way more proper SUV's can.

So what it actually Brezza? A Glorified, amplified hatchback? This is something i would not comment on - but its the closest to describing the Brezza that i can think of (and for that matter - even Ecosport).

P.S. - No offence meant for the buyers of this great product - but just to get a little bit of insight of what a typical Brezza buyer looks for in a car.

Glad that you asked the question. In fact, your post has most of the answers. It's a brilliant combination of all the above characteristics that you can find in a single car which makes it unique and highest selling. Add to that the good looks, reliable and proven engine, big tyres, ground clearance, road presence, competitive pricing for a feature loaded car and most importantly peace of mind of MASS. The 'Kitna Deti Hai' aspect is also another reason for those who need a compact good looking wannabe SUV for a small middle class Indian family. As I said it may not excel in any particular aspect but would tick most of the boxes and hence it is in demand as it suits the requirement of the majority.

Glorified amplified hatchback may not be a proper description. A wannabe SUV may be a much better and appropriate description. Though it may not have off road capabilities of a 4 x 4 but for rough roads, it does handle and absorb most of it really well. In fact you would agree that someone who is looking at proper off roading abilities, they would not buy a Brezza for sure and would consider a Thar, Gypsy or a Gurkha.

The high seating position of Ignis cannot be compared with Brezza by any stretch of imagination. Not even Wagon R or Ritz for that matter, both of which I have owned. You may like to test drive one and experience the road presence and visibility. The seating position is higher than a Duster/ Terrano though both of them are in another segment and not a sub 4 metre SUV.

Boot space is reasonably good with the option of a 60:40 split which an Amaze or the like may not provide.

All the cars (including 7 seater SUVs) claim that the 2nd row can seat 3 passengers, some of them comfortably and some others may be good for 2 healthy adults. As such, the same cannot be a distinguishing feature.

Hope I have been able to throw some light on the mindset of a typical Brezza owner.
jbpanda is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks