Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2016, 17:44   #1021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
But why???

The TDCi itself is a fantastic and capable engine

Agreed. The Ecosport has had its share of market dominance in its segment since its launch with its successful engine for quite sometime. It's ageing as any other car and we must accept that and let the Brezza live its part with the "Engine of the Nation".
Old 2nd January 2017, 23:00   #1022
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

I have clocked 9500 kms so far. Will visit the workshop for the service by this weekend.

The cabin is rattle house right now and I don't think Maruti's sub par after sales service in Ahmedabad would be able to fix much of them. I would also need to be careful of not being looted by MASS as usual. They billed me 52RS for wind shield fluid (13rs x 5 quantity) during my last service of Dzire. The quantity was a real shock to me.

Anyway, I will post a detailed report of service once I get it done. I am currently dissatisfied with the car & A$$ and thinking about replacing it with facelifted Ecosport this year. I am hopeful about fetching 80-90% resale value since the car is blockbuster in terms of selling.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 16:34   #1023
BHPian

Limited edition Brezza offer from kalyani motors, check out their FB page for more details.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20170103wa0005.jpg  

pdeep4u is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:10   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I have clocked 9500 kms so far. Will visit the workshop for the service by this weekend.

The cabin is rattle house right now and I don't think Maruti's sub par after sales service in Ahmedabad would be able to fix much of them. I would also need to be careful of not being looted by MASS as usual. They billed me 52RS for wind shield fluid (13rs x 5 quantity) during my last service of Dzire. The quantity was a real shock to me.

Anyway, I will post a detailed report of service once I get it done. I am currently dissatisfied with the car & A$$ and thinking about replacing it with facelifted Ecosport this year. I am hopeful about fetching 80-90% resale value since the car is blockbuster in terms of selling.
Bhavik, is the quality that bad? Scares me a bit as I wait for allotment of my Brezza. I have noticed your opinion on Brezza has been steadily declining Would you suggest me reconsider?

Last edited by MSAneesh : 3rd January 2017 at 18:11. Reason: Fixed grammar
Old 3rd January 2017, 18:59   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeep4u View Post
Limited edition Brezza offer from kalyani motors, check out their FB page for more details.
That's quite a tasteful treatment of the Brezza (save for some bits). Surprised to see such a nice one at the dealer level. Should give a lot of ideas to the owners of Brezza!
Old 3rd January 2017, 19:53   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's quite a tasteful treatment of the Brezza (save for some bits). Surprised to see such a nice one at the dealer level. Should give a lot of ideas to the owners of Brezza!
Yes surprise surprise.. This will surely win Flant your Brezza if a contest is held

Look at the tail lamp every detailing has been taken care.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

pdeep4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 12:29   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Bhavik, is the quality that bad? Scares me a bit as I wait for allotment of my Brezza. I have noticed your opinion on Brezza has been steadily declining Would you suggest me reconsider?
I am sure you must have put a lot of thoughts before finalizing Brezza just like me. In my case, it was a very close call between Brezza, S-Cross, EcoSport & pre-owned S-Cross 1.6, XUV 5OO. I was leaning towards pre-owned options but unfortunately couldn't find a good one, so had to pick one from the new ones.
After 2nd service at 5k kms, I started wondering whether I made a right choice whenever I spot a EcoSport or S-Cross and unfortunately, I never get a definite 'yes' in the answer (hence the thoughts of selling).

Apart from mentioned pros and cons in official review, I would highlight a few points which unfortunately, I was unaware about at the time of purchase. Fortunately, you have the luxury of taking these points into account while making the decision.

Can be resolved but hasn't been by sub-par MASS
  • Auto-wiper is unnecessarily triggered when the car goes over a speed breaker or even a small pothole.
  • Navigation is not working in HU.
  • A prominent squeak is generated from the driver seat when the car goes over the speed breaker/ bad roads which causes the driver to have a little 'fall' on the seat.
  • LHS headlight's low beam covers more area(reaches distance) than RHS headlight's low beam.
  • Rattles from window glasses
  • Rattles from parcel tray
  • Rattles from door panels.
  • Rattles from dashboard
  • More rattles from the dashboard.

PS: I have dropped the car at the workshop on 3 occasions for the entire day but they absolutely did nothing about the issues.
MASS is a huge let down here in Ahmedabad. From my personal experience, VW after sales is miles ahead. Instead of resolving issues, MASS keep finding innovative ways of looting customers. I have escalated the issues to workshop manager as well but all in vein.

Hasn't been brought to the attention to MASS yet
  • Clutch is getting hard everyday. For comparison, it is harderd than 67k clocked first gen Swift Dzire Vdi's clutch. Will post an update regarding the same by end of this week after the 10K kms service.

Resolved by Mass
  • Gearbox wasn't smooth at all. Resolved by replacing bushing. Though, still have the trouble in engaging reverse gear sometimes. MASS says it's a typical Maruti thing and I will have to leave with it.
  • Squeaks when the break pedal is pressed. Replaced by replacing the break switch.

Smaller yet irritating things which cannot be fixed (at least at free of cost)
  • Unfortunately, the car is not well built. Materials used for interior is a big let down. It just doesn't feel like a million rupees car. When you enter the car, the cabin feels pleasant than 1st gen Swift Dzire (my previous Maruti) however as soon as the car starts moving, you feel 'downgraded'. I, for one, cannot tolerate numerous rattle in a million rupees car in the first year of ownership (The first rattle was experienced around just 2000 kms).
  • A prominent squeak is generated from door panel (may be due to power window motor) after 1-2 seconds of driver's window glass finishes rolling up.
  • Mood lights looks very cheap during daytime due to their low brightness (even at max level).
  • HU is not smart at all when compared with my Jetta's RCD 510. It doesn't remember I muted music before I switched off the car. It will start playing music as soon as I come back. It doesn't remember I have paused music on my smartphone connected via bluetooth. If somehow my smartphone is disconnected, it will start playing FM on higher volume. It doesn't have an option to lower music volume whenever reverse gear is engaged.
  • The seatbelt reminder isn't smart either unlike Jetta. It won't shut even if the car's speed comes below 10-20kmph or reverse gear is engaged. Unfortunately, reminder sound masks reverse parking sensor's sound very well. Restarting the car is the only option to shut the reminder warning.
  • Automatic ORVM folds a little bit slower (almost takes 2x times compared to Jetta). You can't go pass the incoming vehicle without stopping your car on narrow streets, in case you need to fold ORVMs. They will take their time to fold.

Things that I like about the car and learnt about during the ownership.
  • The ability to talk to your phone's voice assistant (Google now[my case], Siri, Google Assistant) via car's mic using steering mounted control. You can conveniently make a call, text, whatsapp, set reminder/alarms without taking your hands off the steering wheel.
  • Steering mounted control works even when the ignition is in 'off' position (single press of Start button without engaging clutch, the car is off but HU remains ON) unlike Jetta.
  • HU stays on for 1-2 seconds after you stop the car, so it won't restart if you want to keep ignition in 'off' position (single press of Start button without engaging clutch, the car is off but HU remains ON). Very handy if you want to stay inside the car until you finish your ongoing call via bluetooth.
  • Ergonomics are spot on and there is ample of space inside cabin for a sub-4m car. I am 6'1" and it is hard to believe that a passenger behind me can also sit comfortably in a sub-4m car. I like to drive in very relaxed sitting position (i.e low seating & far from dashboard). For comparison, I need to adjust my driving position a little bit in my MK6 Jetta in order to fit a passenger behind my seat which is not the case with Brezza

Also keep in mind that some of the mentioned issue might be specific to my car and some can be resolved by competent after sales service.

One more thing, I would like to add that is I was under the impression is 1.3 MJD is a proven workhorse and there has been absolutely no issue in clocking 1L+ kms for most the previous owners. But then I came across this thread a couple of days back.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...0-000-kms.html
1.3MJD with 90hp tuning doesn't play as nice as 75hp tuning in long run (one more reason that provoked the thoughts of selling)

Take your time, contemplate your choice. Brezza ticks most of the boxes for the mass market however I believe a million rupees car shouldn't be just that. If it meets your requirements better than any other car & you are willing to compromise on these little things, then go for it.

PM me if you have any query, would be glad to help.

Happy shopping!
bhavik.1991 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 17:13   #1028
BHPian

Thank you Bhavik for such a detailed post. Definitely helps.
The ergonomics and cabin space was the primary reason for me to choose Brezza over EcoSport. And the second reason being a side opening boot.
I plan to review my preferences and do one more round of analysis while I wait for the allotment.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 16:04   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Can be resolved but hasn't been by sub-par MASS
  • Rattles from window glasses
  • Rattles from parcel tray
  • Rattles from door panels.
  • Rattles from dashboard
  • More rattles from the dashboard.

MASS is a huge let down. From my personal experience, VW after sales is miles ahead. Instead of resolving issues, MASS keep finding innovative ways of looting customers. I have escalated the issues to workshop manager as well but all in vein.
Exactly! I test drove the Brezza twice extensively and the interior quality is absolutely dismal and easily comparable to my 9 year old Swift Dzire (which, by the way, after 44,000 clicks on the ODO has fewer rattles than both the test drive vehicles. Oh and don't even bother trying to get MASS to take a look at your complaints regarding interior quality, they have way too many cars to service anyway and too little expertise to rectify them.

I'd like to point out how EVERY reviewer seems to say how the interior quality is acceptable or there's nothing to complain about. Really? Not one thing?
Do we really expect so little of our cars now? Maruti keeps chucking out a different body with the same engine and pitiful interior with the addition of changeable backlight and we're like "That's perfect dude, keep them coming"

Last edited by DeKay : 6th January 2017 at 16:07.
DeKay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 18:01   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Exactly! I test drove the Brezza twice extensively and the interior quality is absolutely dismal and easily comparable to my 9 year old Swift Dzire (which, by the way, after 44,000 clicks on the ODO has fewer rattles than both the test drive vehicles. Oh and don't even bother trying to get MASS to take a look at your complaints regarding interior quality, they have way too many cars to service anyway and too little expertise to rectify them.

I'd like to point out how EVERY reviewer seems to say how the interior quality is acceptable or there's nothing to complain about. Really? Not one thing?
Do we really expect so little of our cars now? Maruti keeps chucking out a different body with the same engine and pitiful interior with the addition of changeable backlight and we're like "That's perfect dude, keep them coming"
I don't find the interior quality acceptable at all for a million rupees car. Reviewers might have marked the interior quality acceptable due to rattle free (almost new) review vehicles. Also, there is a ugly-uneven panel gap near upper glove-box. I will post a pic soon.

IMO, interior build quality is definitely a further step down from poorly built 1st gen swift dzire. I am afraid rattles will keep haunting me through out the ownership.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2017, 21:27   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Also keep in mind that some of the mentioned issue might be specific to my car and some can be resolved by competent after sales service.
Thank you bhavik.1991 for your detailed review. I have clocked 4500 KMS on my ZDi+ but haven't faced any of the issues as yet and in fact quite happy with the Car. Though it may be too early to come to a conclusion. Being a Maruti fan, I am used to the interior quality and have accepted it the way it is. Of course, for a million rupee car it could have been better. However, considering the issues raised by you, I would keep a track and will post on any similar experiences. For the time being, I propose to make the most out of the ownership.
jbpanda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 22:15   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Thank you bhavik.1991 for your detailed review. I have clocked 4500 KMS on my ZDi+ but haven't faced any of the issues as yet and in fact quite happy with the Car. Though it may be too early to come to a conclusion. Being a Maruti fan, I am used to the interior quality and have accepted it the way it is. Of course, for a million rupee car it could have been better. However, considering the issues raised by you, I would keep a track and will post on any similar experiences. For the time being, I propose to make the most out of the ownership.
Glad to know that your car runs with absolutely no issue. Touchwood.

I have been fighting tooth and nail to get the issues resolved by MASS but unfortunately I was not able to allocate proper time for it. I dedicated yesterday for the service and Oh boy! I was able to get rid of most of the issues. In accordance with the info provided by SA, auto wiper & navigation seem the only remaining ones. Can't comment confidently about the resolved issues since haven't been able to drive the car for more than 5kms since the service. But so far, so good. No rattles whatsoever. Touchwood.

I will post detailed report of the service in a day or two.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 09:37   #1033
BHPian

There is a good article that will be of interest in this thread - "Ultimate crossover comparo: Urban Cross vs i20 Active vs Vitara Brezza vs TUV300 vs EcoSport vs Creta vs Terrano vs BR-V" at Overdrive

About Vitara Brezza the verdict is: The Brezza is probably the best and worst crossover here, depending on where you drive it. Give it smooth tarmac and winding roads, and I guarantee it will put a big smile on your face. It certainly did it for me! I’ll admit that I wasn’t very fond of its rough and slow-revving engine at first. But by the end of the drive, I simply couldn’t get enough of it.
shajoshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 12:15   #1034
BHPian

The same drive is now available on a

Vitara Brezza wins as the drivers car, and they say it is very well built as well for that kind of terrain.
shajoshi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 15:43   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
Vitara Brezza wins as the drivers car, and they say it is very well built as well for that kind of terrain.
Contrary to what users have been reporting in the forum on the build quality being bad, the reviews says its built very well and is rugged.

The drive is sponsored by Maruti and no wonder it's given a good rating

But if we see the overall picture, I think it pretty much sums up that the Nissan Terrano is the overall better vehicle.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th January 2017 at 15:45. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability for our small screen users.
NFS2024 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks