Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 15:55   #241
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
It has been already more than 3 weeks since I booked the car, unfortunately no SMS yet. However according to SA, they are ahead of the delivery timeline they gave me.
Regarding dealer, correct, it's Kirna Motors, SG Highway. Do you have any connection with Ahmedabad?

I asked SA at the time of booking whether I would receive an SMS regarding the booking. He told me there would be no SMS. However he is promising me delivery ahead of the waiting period I was given at the time of booking. I don't see any point in writing this up to MSIL unless they miss the delivery deadline. If you guys feel I should write this up to MSIL without waiting for the delivery, please let me know.
Yes i got the SMS too once i booked the car. I suggest you guys check on it just to be on the safe side.
Old 19th April 2016, 16:23   #242
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
However I didn't receive any SMS after booking, he just provided me booking receipt. Is there anything I should be worried about?

Never blindly believe your SA unless you know him personally or you have purchased from him before. They will tell all sugar coated words while taking the booking. The 'delivery before the promised date' is obvious with every vehicle unless the manufacturer announces delay in deliveries.

As GSMINC said, without the booking number you don't have any proof to argue. Anyway lets be on the safer side. Please visit your dealer and ask for the same.
Old 19th April 2016, 18:48   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Your booking is genuine only if you have a booking number like SOBXXXXXXX
or else the dealer would have himself booked a few & would give it what I assume.

Without a booking number, even Maruti cannot track your case.

As for Kiran Motors, I know them as my bangalore registered car met with an accident & I was there for a few days morning to evening.
I wouldn't call them as crooks, but are plain stupid morons running the show
Handling them is pretty simple, go there act angry, threaten to shout & scream (just threaten, don't go ahead, Your anger should be like Brahmastra, it more effective if shown rather than used) & they'll come around, demand to see the Maruti TSM who handles the dealership, each dealer would have a Territory Sales Manager who's the contact person between MSIL & the dealer, this Maruti employee will give you clarity, Most TSM's visit the dealership everyday

This SOBXXXXX number is also printed on the booking amount receipt

Hope this helps
@GSMINC: Sharing your experience with Kiran experience is very helpful.
Regarding booking, SOBXXXXX number is NOT printed even on the booking amount receipt.
Also, if the dealer himself has booked the car, how would he be able to sell it to me? Doesn't MSIL has a policy that mandates the vehicle to be sold to the same person who booked the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
Yes i got the SMS too once i booked the car. I suggest you guys check on it just to be on the safe side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Never blindly believe your SA unless you know him personally or you have purchased from him before. They will tell all sugar coated words while taking the booking. The 'delivery before the promised date' is obvious with every vehicle unless the manufacturer announces delay in deliveries.

As GSMINC said, without the booking number you don't have any proof to argue. Anyway lets be on the safer side. Please visit your dealer and ask for the same.

Regarding delivery, I just received a call from SA. He asked me when can I process the payment? As I am not going for loan, I informed him that I would be able to complete the payment the day after tomorrow. He told me that the car is in transit and it would arrive Ahmedabad in couple of days. He will call me once the car arrives and I can check the car at stockyard.
So we agreed that I would complete the payment on 21st April and delivery can be scheduled on 22nd or 23rd.
Is it wise to complete the payment before I inspect the car at stockyard?
Manufacturing date can't be an issue here, the only concern would be potential paint damage.
Old 19th April 2016, 20:29   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I got a SMS within 24 hrs. Car in 3 weeks after booking on opening day. Tell the SA about it otherwise your vehicle might get allotted to someone else.
Did you get an SMS from maruti about allotment of car
How did you know that the car is arriving
Through maruti SMS or your dealer

If SMS can you kindly forward that to me at +918088226466
I've booked on the first day itself & my Bangalore dealer Bimal is saying they don't have the faintest idea about delivery date

Last edited by GSMINC : 19th April 2016 at 20:30.
Old 19th April 2016, 22:17   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Did you get an SMS from maruti about allotment of car
How did you know that the car is arriving
Through maruti SMS or your dealer

If SMS can you kindly forward that to me at +918088226466
I've booked on the first day itself & my Bangalore dealer Bimal is saying they don't have the faintest idea about delivery date
That would be really unfair, at present MSIL has production capacity around 7k units per month. Added to it the variants and the colours for them. Next, they have 1800 plus dealers? Bookings northwards of 40k. So, they have to fulfill all of these permutations and combinations. Probably the dealer there in AMD had less bookings when compared to your dealer. MSIL will try fulfilling their dealer network, who in turn will fulfill your demand. So, they wouldn't be cheating you on that front. I had a chat with my SA and he was able to provide me clear details of how the system works. The dealer would feed an order on the online management system, which is centrally used by MSIL. On the database they can alter the details of your address or the spelling of the name used for booking provided you have substantial proof. Added to it, when the car is despatched from the factory it would bear a tag to your name to the dealer. Only if you cancel the booking/ask for a delay the dealer would be eligible to transfer the booking. Also, which variant and color have you booked?
Old 19th April 2016, 22:51   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will the gearsshifts improve after the run-in is complete ? At times the doesn't slot in 2nd. Almost go caught up on a slope.
Not sure if this works for you but during the time I had my Ertiga, I faced a similar problem. Finally, after many trial and error attempts, I found that while shifting from 1st to 2nd, it's smoother if I release the gear lever to Neutral and then shift to 2nd. So, when I need to shift to 2nd, I pull the lever and slightly release it for the lever to go to the centre position (Neutral) and then push the lever left and down for 2nd. Initially, I used to pull the lever from 1st to 2nd in one go and that's where it got a bit notchy. With the new method, I found the 1-2 shifts smooth.

In fact I've gotten so used to it that I follow the same practice in my Lodgy too. I don't have technical literature to back my shifting method but I can vouch for its smooth operation. Hope my explanation was clear. Let me know if you didn't get it!
Old 20th April 2016, 00:01   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Not sure if this works for you but during the time I had my Ertiga, I faced a similar problem. Finally, after many trial and error attempts, I found that while shifting from 1st to 2nd, it's smoother if I release the gear lever to Neutral and then shift to 2nd. So, when I need to shift to 2nd, I pull the lever and slightly release it for the lever to go to the centre position (Neutral) and then push the lever left and down for 2nd. Initially, I used to pull the lever from 1st to 2nd in one go and that's where it got a bit notchy. With the new method, I found the 1-2 shifts smooth.

In fact I've gotten so used to it that I follow the same practice in my Lodgy too. I don't have technical literature to back my shifting method but I can vouch for its smooth operation. Hope my explanation was clear. Let me know if you didn't get it!
I know that technique. Its called double clutching. Gear rotation speed matches that of other components and its easier to slot in. It works like a charm.But that is used for old and worn out gearboxes. This is a million rupees worth car and the gearbox is expected to be perfect specially in a maruti where a smooth gearbox is a common place. Hope its just the run in period.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 00:33   #248
BHPian

Saw a few pictures of wrapped Brezza over the internet, thought of sharing them here. Please note that all of these are non ZDI+ variants and Silver and Black is a new combination.

Image Source : Facebook

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-image.jpeg  

kashyapz8055 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 00:34   #249
BANNED

Cancelled my booking for LDi optional and booked Duster RXE as family need more bootspace.
Old 20th April 2016, 00:37   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Also, which variant and color have you booked?
I've booked Zdi+ dual tone blue and white through bimal auto Bangalore, one of the big dealers among the 7 Bangalore dealers

I was shown an excel sheet wherein I was the 4th booking for this variant & I'm next in line to get it
One of the earlier customer in the queue was a regular customer of bimal (who's into travels business) who buys cars from them regularly
He's rumoured to have paid an approximate on road price in advance even before the price was announced

& BTW my cousin is the top guy in service division there
So I know for sure that dealers have no role to play in allotments unless it's a cancellation

Last edited by GSMINC : 20th April 2016 at 00:42.
GSMINC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 00:48   #251
BHPian

Quote:
This is a million rupees worth car and the gearbox is expected to be perfect specially in a maruti where a smooth gearbox is a common place. Hope its just the run in period.
I think it should be run in period and I have following to add.

I have felt that recently (since last two days) the gears are getting more eager to go into the slot by just showing them the direction with soft hand. Earlier I felt that though gear was super soft but when I use to slot them the effort was a bit more, means the throw required was more.

To explain again let us assume I am trying to slot car in gear no. 3, I press the clutch, and with soft hand push the lever to slot the gear in position 3. I needed to push it just a little more and it will fit into the slot.

Now since last two days I feel that when I press clutch and push the lever to slot it in position 3 the gear is eager to go into the slot and it feels as if there is a suction force which is helping it do it comfortably.

I don't know if I am helping you or just confusing you further but I feel this run in period. Let us also make use of the gear shift indicator on the dash which can help in suggesting when to shift gear.

Also I feel that we are getting used to the car and car is also trying to get used to our driving style and soon man and machine will start working as a perfect team.
Old 20th April 2016, 07:21   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know that technique. Its called double clutching. Gear rotation speed matches that of other components and its easier to slot in. It works like a charm.But that is used for old and worn out gearboxes. This is a million rupees worth car and the gearbox is expected to be perfect specially in a maruti where a smooth gearbox is a common place. Hope its just the run in period.
Actually, no, I wasn't talking about double clutching. That's for un-synchronised gearboxes. You don't have to release the clutch in my method but never mind.
Old 20th April 2016, 09:38   #253
Senior - BHPian

First reported accident and Brezza seem to have protected the occupants well.
http://www.cartoq.com/this-is-the-fi...rash-in-india/
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2016, 09:48   #254
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My father had also booked a Zdi+ on next day of bookings being made open in Dehradun. As per the dealer, he's expected to get the car in next 4 to 5 days. However, he's in two minds now whether to take delivery or wait for BRV launch in May.

Last edited by abhjain : 20th April 2016 at 09:49. Reason: Grammatical
Old 20th April 2016, 09:57   #255
BHPian

Is it possible to fit a smaller stubby antenna for the Brezza? Will it cause loss of signals? Also how does GPS gets its signals? Where is the receiver located?

I guess shark fin type antenna is only possible at the rear by drilling some holes. If so what could be done to hide the front antenna hole? A shark fin would have been a beautiful add on IMHO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks