Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 21:36   #1351
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Hi all, I have booked Trend 2.2 AT. The VIN number indicates a build of Aug last week. I am also told that it is on transit. Is it normal for Ford to send car with build date so far behind? Or is the dealer trying to hand me an old stock that may have been used for test drive purposes?
The reason for giving heavy discount on Trend version shows that they have an inventory piled up. So it is expected to be an old manufactured one
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 08:57   #1352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have booked Trend 2.2 AT. The VIN number indicates a build of Aug last week.
Congrats buddy, how did you decoded. Here are 2 more of 3,2. One is mine which I picked day before and the other is one they delivered last week.

MAJAXXMRWAG873201
MAJAXXMRWAGY61846

Update on Endeavour Pricing

Trend versions to cost more by over 1,60,000 from 1st Jan and present discounts or low-interest offers will be withdrawn.
Titanium to cost more by 2 % , do factor recent price increase of Rs 70,000.

So guys sitting on fence decide fast, don't miss on Dealer discounts which are more like 30--50 k on trend depending on negotiating skills

Meanwhile, here's mine - Black 3,2 Titanium. Got the tyres upgraded to Yoko -in size 285 x 60x18 same day.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1-am.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th December 2016 at 09:01.
Turbanator is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 09:16   #1353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

Meanwhile, here's mine - Black 3,2 Titanium. Got the tyres upgraded to Yoko -in size 285 x 60x18 same day.

285x60x18? Is it not "too" oversized? Can we see the pics please?

Actually no. Not too oversized at all. Stock Dia is 775.2 and the new one is 799.2. So around 3% variance. 3% is permitted for Odo accuracy issues. Anything beyond is a No No.

Can I have more details on the tyres? Geolanders? A/T? Mine is black too and am tempted to change.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 14th December 2016 at 09:24.
Old 14th December 2016, 09:31   #1354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now could you please let the cover go off and show us some metal please? And a picture of the tires will be a bonus.

Congratulations & TIA [thanks in advance]
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 10:05   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats buddy, how did you decoded. Here are 2 more of 3,2. One is mine which I picked day before and the other is one they delivered last week.

Update on Endeavour Pricing

Wishing you happy miles.
Congratulations and happy to see you are back with the Ford. Eagerly waiting for the pics and how's the SYNC 3 ?

Quote:
So guys sitting on fence decide fast, don't miss on Dealer discounts which are more like 30--50 k on trend depending on negotiating skills
This is getting interesting. With Fortuner assault i am not sure if there is too much demand for the Endeavour now (considering our preference towards Toyota and their monthly sales figures) isn't it too early for the price rise ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
The reason for giving heavy discount on Trend version shows that they have an inventory piled up. So it is expected to be an old manufactured one
I am surprised. When i checked the inventory list of Endeavour at Hyd, none of the dealers got more than 1 month old car. From what i understood they are getting vehicles against bookings only and no inventory pile up. So every customer ends up waiting for at least 2-3 weeks.

Quote:
Hi all, I have booked Trend 2.2 AT. The VIN number indicates a build of Aug last week. I am also told that it is on transit. Is it normal for Ford to send car with build date so far behind? Or is the dealer trying to hand me an old stock that may have been used for test drive purposes?
I think its the Titanium version of the 2.2. Congrats on your purchase and wishing you happy miles.

Quote:
Not in the Dealers inventory at Ford Stockyard in Chennai. (Sandad I am not sure). To give you an instance of lackluster Trend demand, across in Hyderabad (Combining all three dealers and 6 showrooms, they have sold only one Manual Trend and less than 10 Trends all together) . Obliviously Ford might have imported more than this in their factory and might have assembled as well. This 2-3 weeks is to get it from the factory. I can give you exact details of the inventory in couple of days, as I may cancel my Hexa booking and go for 2.2 4X4. I am in talks with dealers
Does it mean Titaniums are the ones that customers prefer ?

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 14th December 2016 at 10:13.
Old 14th December 2016, 10:06   #1356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Trend versions to cost more by over 1,60,000 from 1st Jan and present discounts or low-interest offers will be withdrawn.
Titanium to cost more by 2 % , do factor recent price increase of Rs 70,000.

So guys sitting on fence decide fast, don't miss on Dealer discounts which are more like 30--50 k on trend depending on negotiating skills.
All manufacturers go through this song and dance routine every December, trying to create some panic sales. Never bothered me though, I buy when I need, not when they need to sell.

Trust me, new Fortuner is out and Endevour discounts will be back in February.
4x4addict is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 10:09   #1357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I am surprised. When i checked the inventory list of Endeavour at Hyd, none of the dealers got more than 1 month old car. From what i understood they are getting vehicles against bookings only and no inventory pile up. So every customer ends up waiting for at least 2-3 weeks. .
Not in the Dealers inventory at Ford Stockyard in Chennai. (Sandad I am not sure). To give you an instance of lackluster Trend demand, across in Hyderabad (Combining all three dealers and 6 showrooms, they have sold only one Manual Trend and less than 10 Trends all together) . Obliviously Ford might have imported more than this in their factory and might have assembled as well. This 2-3 weeks is to get it from the factory. I can give you exact details of the inventory in couple of days, as I may cancel my Hexa booking and go for 2.2 4X4. I am in talks with dealers
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 10:10   #1358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
All manufacturers go through this song and dance routine every December, trying to create some panic sales. Never bothered me though, I buy when I need, not when they need to sell.

Trust me, new Fortuner is out and Endevour discounts will be back in February.
I totally agree with you. It's nothing but a marketing gimmick. 2016 manufactured cars will have more discounts in 2017
nawabnabeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 11:21   #1359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Of course but most of them have now adjusted their productions accordingly and even producing 2017 Model Year cars in December which are dispatched in January. By my past experience, you can still get a 2016 Car in February but there will be limited variants / colour / Interior choices. If you want to keep the car for long or very short then buying in December does make sense. As in this case, 3,2 Titanium - Black colour is no longer available with FORD in stocks and carries a longer lead time.

Quote:
new Fortuner is out and Endeavour discounts will be back in February.
I have personally seen some of the guys coming straight from Toyota Dealerships and comparing with Endeavour. But yes, preference of family / friends / relative is too much towards Toyota. But given the fact that Endeavour is a CKD assembly and they won't have any incentives to sell at loss, I don't think they will be going for numbers.

Quote:
Not in the Dealers inventory at Ford Stockyard in Chennai. (Sandad I am not sure).
True, just that Endeavour is manufactured and shipped from Chennai.
Quote:
Can I have more details on the tyres? Geolanders? A/T?
Yes, these are Geolanders, this size & type is standard on LC. My initial impressions are very positive. Truck feels much more planted and the bumps feel softer. Most of the guys in Australia have increased to size 285 x 65 x 18 so this should be ok.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-2-am.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20161214-11.19.11-am.png  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-44-11.12.27-am.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-26-am.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 13:21   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have personally seen some of the guys coming straight from Toyota Dealerships and comparing with Endeavour. But yes, preference of family / friends / relative is too much towards Toyota. But given the fact that Endeavour is a CKD assembly and they won't have any incentives to sell at loss, I don't think they will be going for numbers.
Eventually the numbers will do the talking. I am sure Toyota is not selling the Fortuner at a loss either.

Frankly, I am still on the fence between the two. No doubt the Endevour is better in comfort and plus it has the Full Time AWD System as opposed the part time 4x4 System in the new Fortuner.

However, I find the Fortuner Interiors much more to my liking especially the dark brown color combination. Secondly, if you see most international reviews the 3.2 5 Cylinder doesn't seem to offer much real world performance over the 2.8 4 Cylinder mill in the Toyota. You don't really feel the extra cylinder and 400 cc more..
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 13:35   #1361
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Eventually the numbers will do the talking
No, Fortuner will sell much higher, that's a given. Even overseas, it sells much better over Endeavour.

Quote:
I am sure Toyota is not selling the Fortuner at a loss either.
Toyota in losses, I doubt they will ever. They are selling at a huge premium, lot of which must be going to the new plant which should have huge depreciation. It's FORD India that will be taking losses, what I mean is that FORD may not import more kits next year to sell in losses. They will surely get some numbers at higher prices also.

Quote:
f you see most international reviews the 3.2 5 Cylinder doesn't seem to offer much real world performance over the 2.8 4 Cylinder mill in the Toyota. You don't really feel the extra cylinder and 400 cc more
I will suggest you drive back to back together. Extra cylinder is always welcome, wish they would have gone for a proper V6

Toyota interiors are built to a price, if you check roof lining of new Fortuner, you will understand what I mean. Some details like wood on steering or the fake wooden inserts can be good for someone looking to buy a 4x2 version but someone who wants to have a no-nonsense 4x4 truck, Endeavour does make a strong case. I went to Toyota dealerships at least 3 times and could have easily picked new Fortuner especially since I had owned a Trend variant in past but again went with FORD, to me I could not justify plonking 3,5 million on T badge just because of the peace of mind that comes standard.

Anyways, take your decision fast as Toyota will surely change prices.

Quote:
Btw, the first VIN seem to be wrong and I think "G8" should be "GS"
Tortoise, thanks for the correction. It;s indeed S My built shows its November production. So they indeed have low inventories for Titanium.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th December 2016 at 13:51.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 13:38   #1362
BHPian

Quote:

MAJAXXMRWAG873201
MAJAXXMRWAGY61846
Thanks. I used the link in the team BHP article - ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN). Courtesy tbhpian - arunphilip, he has shared the link https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do which provides all the information. Btw, the first VIN seem to be wrong and I think "G8" should be "GS"
tortoise is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 14:18   #1363
BHPian

Quote:

MAJAXXMRWAG873201
MAJAXXMRWAGY61846
Please use this sheet to decode the Year and Month.
G8 seems to be incorrect, if its GS then its 2016 - November
GY - 2016 - October.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160503wa0002.jpg  

pajero4me is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 15:10   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I may cancel my Hexa booking and go for 2.2 4X4. I am in talks with dealers
I assume you are referring to "2.2l 4X4 MT Trend" variant given that this is the only one with 4WD and 2.2 lit engine. If so, have you TD-ed it? How is the manual gearbox? While there are ample reviews on the auto box, have not found any on the manual one. Am still unable to figure out why did Ford not launch the manual option with the 3.2 lit engine as well.
Old 14th December 2016, 15:22   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I am surprised. When i checked the inventory list of Endeavour at Hyd, none of the dealers got more than 1 month old car. From what i understood they are getting vehicles against bookings only and no inventory pile up. So every customer ends up waiting for at least 2-3 weeks.

?
Just got the information, the trend variants are manufactured till September only and all the cars available in Trend are manufactured between mostly April to September.

Hi Tortoise apart from the 1.08 L discount are you getting any extra offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I assume you are referring to "2.2l 4X4 MT Trend" variant given that this is the only one with 4WD and 2.2 lit engine. If so, have you TD-ed it? How is the manual gearbox? While there are ample reviews on the auto box, have not found any on the manual one. Am still unable to figure out why did Ford not launch the manual option with the 3.2 lit engine as well.
I did not test drive the car, I checked the feedback from the owner who has 2.2 Manual in Hyderabad. And he is happy and he is saying that the performance is better than Auto. I have driven the auto 2.2 and I was happy even on highways.
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks