Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2016, 12:11   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

A friend reviewed the Endeavour and compared it with the new Fortuner.
skanchan95 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 13:48   #1322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A friend reviewed the Endeavour and compared it with the new Fortuner.
very nice, he has covered all aspects. I agree with most of his observations.

FORD has increased prices of Titanium by Rs 70,000 from 1st December, Trend remains same for December and is expected to increase in January. With news of Toyota increase, I am sure FORD won't have to think again.

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th December 2016 at 14:02.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 15:45   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
very nice, he has covered all aspects. I agree with most of his observations.

FORD has increased prices of Titanium by Rs 70,000 from 1st December, Trend remains same for December and is expected to increase in January. With news of Toyota increase, I am sure FORD won't have to think again.
Has Ford gone mad? Is the endeavour the hottest selling SUV in its segment that people are going to lap it up? The only thing going for it now is its lower cost vs the fortuner and I'm pretty sure people don't mind putting their life savings and paying extra for the reliability and resale the fortuner brand is so famous for.

Has Ford added any extra features to warrant this increase? or is Ford expecting a lower GST rate and hence trying to reap the benefits now and then show a similar amount of price cut once the new GST rate is announced and fool us. :-D

If Ford is interested in competing with Toyota then ford should take a swipe at the fortuners's reliability by offering 5 year warranty at a minimum, because I know several people who have either booked the top end Crysta or the fortuner since they aren't convinced about the endeavour's reliability or resale, though they are Happy with the car and dealer!
Time to wait and watch if the positive effects of demonetization and lower GST rates are passed on to us .:-)

Regards
Old 5th December 2016, 16:35   #1324
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The only thing going for it now is its lower cost vs the fortuner
Yes, and that's the reason they have offers on Trend and no increase yet. I don't think anyone will switch over from Titanium to Fortuner just because of a lac here or there. Toyota fans will not look at Titanium no matter how close or apart these are priced and guys like me who are open to going with FORD will still buy Titanium due to so many extra's over Toyota. To tell you the truth, I paid Advance Last December to FORD would have bought Titanium even if they had priced it @ 35 lac or higher. I still say, the endeavour is a segment above and the one to go far if someone is shopping in this segment.

Quote:
lower GST rates are passed on to
Apart from the phone call rates, I haven't seen a reduction in anything in India, there again my bill remains same due to varied reasons.Lower rates in GST are possible if Government gets a windfall in currency drive which does not look possible now but it will be anybody's guess. At this time even FM won't have a clue what to do. But manufacturers are greedy in India. Have a look at below article - Toyota citing currency devaluation and blah blah. The Canadian dollar has depreciated over 25 % in last 2 years and they have not increased prices by more than 5 % that too even when brand new models were launched like Highlander. And Here we will happily pay 1 % extra over the previous generation citing better product.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/toyota-to-...from=home-auto

Last edited by Turbanator : 5th December 2016 at 16:42.
Turbanator is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 19:51   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Has Ford gone mad? Is the endeavour the hottest selling SUV in its segment that people are going to lap it up? The only thing going for it now is its lower cost vs the fortuner and I'm pretty sure people don't mind putting their life savings and paying extra for the reliability and resale the fortuner brand is so famous for.

Has Ford added any extra features to warrant this increase? or is Ford expecting a lower GST rate and hence trying to reap the benefits now and then show a similar amount of price cut once the new GST rate is announced and fool us. :-D

If Ford is interested in competing with Toyota then ford should take a swipe at the fortuners's reliability by offering 5 year warranty at a minimum, because I know several people who have either booked the top end Crysta or the fortuner since they aren't convinced about the endeavour's reliability or resale, though they are Happy with the car and dealer!
Time to wait and watch if the positive effects of demonetization and lower GST rates are passed on to us .:-)

Regards
Ford is in a different segment altogether. All over the world the Endeavour is positioned against the Prado which is way above the Fortuner. In Toyota product line, Fortuner and Prado have very different and distinctly separate slots. As far features go, Endeavour has a bunch of them which are not present in Fortuner and probably will never be offered in any future upgrades. Though these features are present in Prado all around.

Having said that Toyota enjoys the kind of brand value in India which Ford or any other brand is not even close to. And that is why they charge the unreasonable premium.

Even then Ford seems happy with the 300-500 nos. they do a month given this is largely a CKD. Other than wiring harness and tyres, there is pretty much nothing that is made in India in this car/truck. In case of Fortuner, even the engine is made in India and body stamping is done here as well. Despite that pricing Fortuner at that level given lesser import duties it suffers, is sheer milking the brand name and loyalty.

Finally, truly speaking, these two trucks have a very different clientele altogether. Very few Endeavour buyers who are well informed give a second thought to Fortuner. Similarly, on the other hand, Toyota loyalists rarely, or very few of them, look at Ford as an alternative.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 5th December 2016 at 19:56.
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 22:57   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, and that's the reason they have offers on Trend and no increase yet. I don't think anyone will switch over from .......
Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Ford is in a different segment altogether. All over the world the Endeavour is positioned against the Prado which is way above the Fortuner. In Toyota product line, Fortuner and Prado have very different and distinctly separate slots. As far features go, Endeavour has a bunch of them which are not present in Fortuner and probably will never be offered in any future upgrades. Though these features are present in Prado all around.

Having said that Toyota enjoys the kind of brand value in India which Ford or any other brand is not even close to. And that is why they charge the unreasonable premium.
Since i haven't driven the fortuner at all i cannot say how good the Endy is vis a vis the fortuner but visually and sitting in both vehicles i feel the Endeavor is better but by a small margin.I will take a proper test drive of both so will hold my final verdict for later.

Even though i dont plan on buying any SUV from this segment soon,I agree the Endeavour caters to a different set of clientele,although quite a small number, but to say its from a different segment based on how Ford has positioned it Australia is a bit far stretched. The Endeavor(Everest) isnt even the Top selling Suv in its segment since it was launched nor has it been able to significantly dent the sales of the Prado it was positioned against.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/504292/n...sers-detailed/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/440306/a...rs-and-losers/
Based on what i dreaded Ford would do, Ford knows it doesn't have the capacity to sell more than 1k units per month so it has reserved itself to make as much profit as it can with the current sales figures and once it realizes sales are too low to recover its CKD costs they are going to either cut the price or offer fat discounts, further hurting the brand and resale and the cycle will continue and toyota knowing this will continue to charge extra knowing very well Ford's attitude helps them extract a premium from us.

A bhpian has posted the latest Bangalore price list of the Endeavor vs fortuner ,it seems the price gap between the titanium and top end fortuner is very narrow.
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endeavour-price-list.jpgFord Endeavour : Official Review-fortuner-price-list.jpg

The Day i saw the Endeavor i fell in love with the looks so i maybe im too critical if it doesn't perform better, so kindly Dont take my post as Ford bashing, I genuinely want ford to do much better and launch better products here.

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 5th December 2016 at 23:03.
rambo1o1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 11:28   #1327
BHPian

WhatCar did a comparison between the two. Endeavour 3.2 Titanium pitted against the 2.8 Sigma 4X4. The Endeavour won it.

1) Endeavour scored on the handling, power, features, interior quality, fit and finish, VFM

2) Toyota had the edge on space ( I don't know how that is possible ), ingress and egress from 3rd row, Gearbox and the famed reliability.

They said that the Endeavour is in a league of its own and Fortuner by itself is a great car but the Endeavour is just a class apart.
kimianks is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 13:33   #1328
BHPian

Hey guys anyone done with 10k service of their new endeavor. I have kept my endeavor for 2nd free service today. Odometer stands at 9877. got a call from service center that all 4 brake pads are worn out. This is my 12th 4 wheeler but my first ford vehicle and the first time that brake pads have worn out so soon in any of them. Is it normal for all 4 brake pads to have worn out within 10k kms? If it is normal in such a big vehicle then fine but i do not want to get ripped off. please advice.
Old 8th December 2016, 13:40   #1329
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Is it normal for all 4 brake pads to have worn out within 10k kms? If it is normal in such a big vehicle then fine but i do not want to get ripped off. please advice.
No, it isnt.

Though brake pads can be worn out if one wishes to, their normal rate of wear and tear is not so quick. Brake pads in similar vehicles (Fortuner, Pajero Sport) last for around 20k kms with normal to moderate use.

You need not listen to what they say. Inspect the brake pads on your own and compare their thickness with a set of new pads. You can also post pictures here and we can take a look.

If they are indeed worn out, please push for an FOC replacement.
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 13:41   #1330
BANNED

Quote:
Hey guys anyone done with 10k service of their new endeavor.

Is it normal for all 4 brake pads to have worn out within 10k kms?
Have you checked the pads thickness yourself or what I suggest is get a second opinion from another Ford ASC or may be an FNG. Since it is just needs the wheels to be removed, won't be an issue.

Before committing for the pads change, get it checked once again. Pads wearing out at 10K is not normal at all unless one drives like an F1 driver.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 13:58   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys anyone done with 10k service of their new endeavor. I have kept my endeavor for 2nd free service today. Odometer stands at 9877. got a call from service center that all 4 brake pads are worn out. This is my 12th 4 wheeler but my first ford vehicle and the first time that brake pads have worn out so soon in any of them. Is it normal for all 4 brake pads to have worn out within 10k kms? If it is normal in such a big vehicle then fine but i do not want to get ripped off. please advice.
I don't think this is common. Please get a second opinion. I have been driving a Safari which is equally heavy and have had to change break pads only after 25K kms.
anshuman77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 15:31   #1332
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
No, it isnt.
While I am driving a SUV at half of the price, my brake pads were good to last over 50,000 kms. I got a replacement because of warranty issues.

10,000 kms is too low IMO, should at least cross 25/30K before a change of either pads.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 15:48   #1333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got a replacement because of warranty issues
There must be a fault in some other major component & doing such replacement can best be best termed as a goodwill warranty to take care of inconveniences you had to face due to their mistake elsewhere.

Quote:
Is it normal for all 4 brake pads to have worn out within 10k kms? If it is normal in such a big vehicle then fine but i do not want to get ripped off. please advice.
No, its normal, mine has done about 25,000 Km and no such wear. Double check with service advisor if he has called about your car or someone else, I remember a similar goof-up recently when I sent my Innova which has done only 20,000 Km. If it's indeed about your car, ask him to share photographs of both discs and rotors under copy to FORD India ID.

Keep us updated, I am sure you will find some solution.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 22:43   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends.
I'm looking to buy the new endeavour. My first requirement is 4x4. However 4x4 is available only in 3 variants - 2.2L manual trend, 3.2 L auto trend and titanium. However here is the confusion. The 2.2 is good in terms of average but it's manual. The 3.2 is noisy but very powerful and very low mileage. If I go for the 2.2 L will be clutch be truck like hard or smooth. I test drove both 2.2 auto and 3.2 auto. Kindly advise .
Old 9th December 2016, 09:39   #1335
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
If I go for the 2.2 L will be clutch be truck like hard or smooth. I test drove both 2.2 auto and 3.2 auto. Kindly advise
The clutch of the 2.2 MT is not hard and is pretty easy to use. Not as light as, say a hatchback but not heavy as well.

What I find hard to digest is buying an MT at this price range. I would recommend the AT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks