Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2016, 19:12   #1246
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
I've got a chance to drive 2.2 4x4 MT in Bangalore, a short test drive around 2- 4 KM's.
Hello team, I am keen on picking up an SUV sometime next year, and not keen on breaching the 30 lakh rupee price point. Can anyone confirm if the 2.2 MT 4x4 Trend gets a 4x4 low ratio mode and rear diff locks like the 3.2 does.

The above information is not available anywhere, as no dealer in Pune/Mumbai seems to have an MT vehicle in stock, forget a TD vehicle! It is not mentioned anywhere on Ford's website or on the brochure. Not even in the owners manual, how do I know, I went through the TD vehicle's manual for a good 25 minutes. And the less you expect out of sales executives the happier your experience will be.

Also, I have test driven the titanium 2.2, although the smaller motor isn't as fun and as refined as as its bigger sibling, it suffices most of my needs. But who minds extra power, hence, I was wondering if remapping the 2.2, which will add anywhere between 30-40 horses and 50-60 NM of torque, would do any good. There are remaps available for the 2.2 TDCI from various tuners internationally, including Viezu who have an authorised tuner in Pune.

Last edited by 599gto : 17th November 2016 at 19:13.
Old 17th November 2016, 19:40   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Can anyone confirm if the 2.2 MT 4x4 Trend gets a 4x4 low ratio mode and rear diff locks like the 3.2 does.
If i remember correctly, both 4x4 low & rear diff lock was there in 2.2 MT. I am planing to visit ford showroom with one of my friend this weekend. I should be able to confirm by early next week.

You may think of a tuning chip to improve the bhp & Nm figures

https://www.chipexpress.com/products/4800/
Old 18th November 2016, 00:58   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
If i remember correctly, both 4x4 low & rear diff lock was there in 2.2 MT. I am planing to visit ford showroom with one of my friend this weekend. I should be able to confirm by early next week.

You may think of a tuning chip to improve the bhp & Nm figures

https://www.chipexpress.com/products/4800/

Hi,

Is this chip just for 2.2 variant?
If yes, is there is something different for 3.2 Titanium as well ?

Any idea on the cost of the same.

A friend of mine had gone for current additions. He told me they have introduced the key less entry. Any possibility to upgrade our with additional cost ?

The following should be good additions:
Key less entry,
Folding mirrors,
Sync 3

Any suggestions if any accessory guy has started offering these?

Regards
Shamsher
Old 18th November 2016, 11:12   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hi,

A friend of mine had gone for current additions. He told me they have introduced the key less entry. Any possibility to upgrade our with additional cost ?

Key less entry,
Folding mirrors,
Sync 3

Regards
Shamsher
Yes there is a chip for the 3.2 Titanium Endeavour as well. An Endeavour Owners' whatsapp group admin is using it I believe.

However it is advisable to do a remap rather than have a chip enhancer. There will be tuning shops offering remaps soon enough.

Keyless Entry and Folding Mirrors are more complex and I have my reservations if someone can have it done
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 14:13   #1250
BHPian

Please check out ARB's stuff for the Everest. Its like they made my eyes water with joy!!

http://www.arb.com.au/ford-everest-2015-present/
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-stealth_everest1.jpg  

Valhalla1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2016, 14:58   #1251
BHPian

Guys I am looking for the Hard Shell Endeavour Car Key Cover. I remember seeing it in one of the Earlier Posts ( that was red in colour ). Is there a seller in India who can ship it. I am not keen on ordering from AliExpress. Thank you!
Old 18th November 2016, 16:40   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Guys I am looking for the Hard Shell Endeavour Car Key Cover. I remember seeing it in one of the Earlier Posts ( that was red in colour ). Is there a seller in India who can ship it. I am not keen on ordering from AliExpress. Thank you!
This is what I ordered. This is not hard shell but Silicone. Works well to cushion the key fob on impact of fall etc. and at the same time easy for the keys to operate. Not sure of a hardshell though.

http://www.amazon.in/Keyzone-Silicon...ilpage_o03_s00

Also for those interested, I ordered these license plate LED lamps from Aliexpress. Way classier than the original lamps and even spread of light. Snap on fit and does not need any alteration. You can fit them yourself in 1 min each.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-x-...608.0.0.TMSREr

Last edited by nareshtrao : 18th November 2016 at 16:44.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 09:57   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamsher View Post
Hi,

Key less entry,
Folding mirrors,
Sync 3

Regards
Shamsher
the same site shows details for 3.2L as well and at a cost of about 400 pounds, I am not sure its a good idea though (why would ford not allow to tap the extra HPs, if there was no other compromise like FE)? I am not an expert but has my doubts.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 10:32   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
the same site shows details for 3.2L as well and at a cost of about 400 pounds, I am not sure its a good idea though (why would ford not allow to tap the extra HPs, if there was no other compromise like FE)? I am not an expert but has my doubts.
Agree with your comment. It may not make sense. My current FE in city is 10+. Which is good enough. No point in spending another 40K.
Old 19th November 2016, 13:33   #1255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was wondering if remapping the 2.2, which will add anywhere between 30-40 horses and 50-60 NM of torque, would do any good. There are remaps available for the 2.2 TDCI from various tuners internationally, including Viezu who have an authorised tuner in Pune.
RaceChip is another option, I am using this on Isuzu 7 & X5 with good results particularly on BMW 2,2 should be a good option for someone on a budget surely but only if one wants to buy for self-use, else opt for Crysta Auto.
Old 20th November 2016, 10:56   #1256
BHPian

Update on the Touchscreen/radio station tuning issue.

I was asked by Ford to get the software upgraded and the issue seems to have resolved. I have been testing for the past two days using various combinations (like switch off car, randomnly tune to a radio station and then check if the station is saved. Its no longer defaulting to the 98.3station - those who experience the problem can relate to what i am talking about) The version is as follows (did not capture the version before upgrade )

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20161119_182320.jpg
For those who complained about the issue, you need to reach out to your service advisor and ask them to upgrade the software. I will update this thread in case of issues faced after the software upgrade

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 20th November 2016 at 10:59.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 18:35   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Update on the Touchscreen/radio station tuning issue.

I was asked by Ford to get the software upgraded and the issue seems to have resolved. I have been testing for the past two days using various combinations (like switch off car, randomnly tune to a radio station and then check if the station is saved. Its no longer defaulting to the 98.3station - those who experience the problem can relate to what i am talking about) The version is as follows (did not capture the version before upgrade )

Attachment 1576648
For those who complained about the issue, you need to reach out to your service advisor and ask them to upgrade the software. I will update this thread in case of issues faced after the software upgrade
what software needs to be updated? is there any details we can provide the service folks?
Old 21st November 2016, 20:06   #1258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
what software needs to be updated? is there any details we can provide the service folks?
The Ford Owners Website has a Sync Support Section. In that there are instructions on updating the Sync Version / Patches for Existing Sync.

Mine came with the Updated Patch it seems since I never had the FM Tuning Issue.

You need to enter your car details and Preferred Service Centre Details.

link : https://www.india.ford.com/owner
Old 22nd November 2016, 13:02   #1259

Hey all,

First post on T-Bhp!

Thanks to all of you for sharing detailed information. I am sure there are countless other members who browse this thread to stay updated on their Endy.

Since we're discussing about the Audio Issues, my Endy recently developed a unique case (I though it was!) of producing randomly loud cracking/popping noises and vibrations from all speakers. It was hard to diagnose as the issue was random but later on become very common. At the same time, it was extremely risky and came as a shock to me and the passengers as it really scared us sometimes. Parents absolutely denied to get in the car!

Upon researching other forums, I realised that this was fairly common in Ford cars with Sync 2 system globally and occured due to a faulty component. The problem lies in the Audio Control Module (ACM) of the audio system which affected a significant batch Ford cars that came with Sync 2. What's really sad is that all these issues occurred globally around 2-3 years back and it may affect some of us with Sync 2 systems as well (no such issues reported on the Sync 3 system).

In less than 2 months of ownership, my Endy visited over 5 times to the Service center (they were not able to diagnose the cause initially) and its still under test-run with 3rd Audio Control Module replacement (2nd one was from same batch and did not solve the problem).

Don't want to be sounding too negative on my first post, but, if any of you face the issue of random cracking / popping / loud thumping noises from your speakers (even when the radio is turned off), you need to get the Audio Control Module replaced ASAP as its dangerous to drive with the same. There is one more case similar to mine in West India with the exact same issue so I'm pretty sure Ford is prepared now to handle these cases effectively.

I'm still fighting with Ford India to replace the faulty system with Sync 3.

Other than that, the car is lovely to drive and I am happy to have made the decision to go with Endy.

Here's video clip of the noises that occur if your ACM is faulty (more prevalent in last 1 minute):

Last edited by bhrigu1991 : 22nd November 2016 at 13:13.
bhrigu1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 09:13   #1260
BHPian

Is anyone hearing loud whisling sound (wind noise) when driving above 90 or 100km/hr speed? I'm getting this from the day I bought the truck but since I have recently started driving above triple digit speeds, it has become much more noisy and irritating. I would like to know if it's only me who is having this issue or everyone does?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks