Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2016, 12:13   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I thought Ford sorted their supply constraints and able to deliver the cars in 45 days max ? Is it not the case or customers forced to wait for 2-3 months ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Most of the dealers are offering 30-45 days now. So am surprised to see the post.
Yes, it's come down quite a lot. But I feel that isn't enough. This is the easiest time for Ford sales to move the Endeavour.

It festive season, Ford has dropped the price making it a very compelling proposition, Fortuner is still weeks away at best and guess what Ford has done? The factory despatches have dropped from 700 to 500 units compared to last month.

The best time to make the customer sign up for the Endeavour is right after the test drive. It's a good product, so Ford should leverage that. Rather than making customers wait for the truck and get confused. Ford doesn't have the brand pull for customers to wait up like they do for Toyota. A few enthusiasts might, majority won't.

And I am sure Toyota will have a lot of ready units to sell once the Fortuner is launched. Even if it's comes at a premium of few lakhs and at lower specification, Ford sales got their work cut out.
Old 11th October 2016, 12:58   #1127
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I thought Ford sorted their supply constraints and able to deliver the cars in 45 days max ? Is it not the case or customers forced to wait for 2-3 months ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Now, if only Ford could make these trucks in their factory as frequently as they revise the price list.
Quote:
Most of the dealers are offering 30-45 days now. So am surprised to see the post.
Yes One can even get most variants in less than 15 days if one is not particular about the colour. Both the company and the Dealers are artificially trying to create the impression of a waiting period to indicate huge demand. But that is not the case.

I almost booked the Top model and then cancelled plans due to the dealer backing out of a commitment and ford not supporting enough. Finally the dealer did come around under pressure from Ford, but it was too late as I had moved on from the vehicle.

But the key point is that if one is ok with colours then all models are as good as readily available and this was the experience with multiple dealers and DSAs across Bombay and Thane.

Infact the new advertisement activity from Ford for the Endy indicates that Demand is not as high as supply and that there is a bit of a worry on Demand post launch of Fortuner, Hexa and Tucson in the near future.
Old 11th October 2016, 14:13   #1128
BHPian

Ah, will Ford become another FIAT ? Good product but poor strategy killing the product ? I hope its a wake up call and Ford will pull up the socks to fix the perception issues. Else as i mentioned earlier, it will be really harsh on the engineers who worked hard on building a great product but getting lost.

Ford should also do a regular check on the dealerships to make sure customer satisfaction levels are not dipping.

Honestly, i had the opposite experience. In spite of liking the Endeavour over Fortuner, i was hell bent on a white Fortuner (just for the reliability, resale etc.) but when the dealer contact told me some crap along with his non responsiveness, i decided to take the plunge with Ford. In fact Toyota dealer tried one unethical stunt to clear an old stock Fortuner and that was definitely a turn off.
Old 11th October 2016, 15:25   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Another recent trip out of station (had to do 700 kms round trip with most of the driving in the night) and the car is holding nice. Good part is that except for a normal wash and interior clean, nitrogen top up, i have not spend any money on "additional" maintenance and i hope that remains so for the rest of the time. The car seems reliable and does not feel tired or grumbling after trips (and most of the the time the terrains are so bad) no rattles or anything to complain after 13k kms in four months.

The best thing i like is, the steering is still smooth (feels very light like how it was when i got it from the showroom) and no tightness (which generally happens in cars like scorpio and safari) Alignment is still good and no pulling to any side. (Ford's claim that alignment needs to be checked every 10k kms seems true)

The AT gearbox seems more and more smoother. No more "drag" feel. I think it does learn ones driving style and adapt. So far so good.
Question: Did you finally change both the headlights or just the one? I recall you were having issues with both. Just got to know from Ford that they have issued a guidance to dealers that both should be changed in the event of a failure for all the cars breaking down.

Also came to know that this problem is unique in India and also on very few cars. The same part being used in AUS and SA have not reported any issues.

For some reason we have seen many in this forum - don't recall the numbers but around 5-6 cars had the replacement done.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 11th October 2016 at 15:28.
Old 11th October 2016, 15:41   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Question: Did you finally change both the headlights or just the one? I recall you were having issues with both. Just got to know from Ford that they have issued a guidance to dealers that both should be changed in the event of a failure for all the cars breaking down.

Also came to know that this problem is unique in India and also on very few cars. The same part being used in AUS and SA have not reported any issues.

For some reason we have seen many in this forum - don't recall the numbers but around 5-6 cars had the replacement done.
I faced issue with only one and that one was changed. Now that you shared this info, let me check if they can proactively change the second one too. After the replacement so far the headlights have been holding up fine. I think the beam is from koito and they are known for good products, maybe poor QC.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 11th October 2016 at 15:45.
Old 17th October 2016, 12:31   #1131
BHPian

Regarding the headlight issue in 3.2 Titanium's that many are facing - In my instance, the service center, Hansford, Chennai initially did not acknowledge that this problem exists. The car was sent back after adjustments to the headlights as per their "Electrical technician". Only when I refused to take delivery of the car and sent it back did they took serious note of the issue and without any further questions, both the headlights were replaced. Special mention made here of Mr. M.Hafeez of Hansford (Service Advisor) who expedited the whole process and got the truck back within 48hrs with brand new headlamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-headlight-alignment-all-new-endeavor.jpg  

vijay.sundar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 13:57   #1132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Only when I refused to take delivery of the car and sent it back did they took serious note of the issue and without any further questions, both the headlights were replaced.
This is a very pertinent input. I m surprised about it as well. This indicates a potential recall of certain batches of the vehicle which may have been fitted with faulty headlights from the supplier.

Lastly, were the photos of the Lo or the Hi beam? I assume the fog lamps were off. Am I correct?
Old 17th October 2016, 14:28   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Regarding the headlight issue in 3.2 Titanium's that many are facing - In my instance, the service center, Hansford, Chennai initially did not acknowledge that this problem exists. The car was sent back after adjustments to the headlights as per their "Electrical technician". Only when I refused to take delivery of the car and sent it back did they took serious note of the issue and without any further questions, both the headlights were replaced. Special mention made here of Mr. M.Hafeez of Hansford (Service Advisor) who expedited the whole process and got the truck back within 48hrs with brand new headlamps.
Which is the month of purchase of your Endeavour? At what mileage did it fail?
Old 17th October 2016, 17:22   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is a very pertinent input. I m surprised about it as well. This indicates a potential recall of certain batches of the vehicle which may have been fitted with faulty headlights from the supplier.

Lastly, were the photos of the Lo or the Hi beam? I assume the fog lamps were off. Am I correct?
All the photos are of the Low beam lights. Yes, fog lamps were off.

Quote:
Which is the month of purchase of your Endeavour? At what mileage did it fail?
Took delivery by June 2016. May 2016 build. Lights failed at about 4000-4500kms.
vijay.sundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 01:07   #1135
BHPian

SYNC 3 is now available on Ford Everest in Australia. Per brochure its standard on all Trend & Titanium models from Aug 2016
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy1.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ford-Everest-22Aug2016-eBrochure.pdf (2.03 MB, 598 views)
Old 18th October 2016, 08:45   #1136
BHPian

Found this link Ford offroading event on the net. Good to see so many vehicles playing in the mud and seems to be doing fine.
Old 18th October 2016, 10:20   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
SYNC 3 is now available on Ford Everest in Australia. Per brochure its standard on all Trend & Titanium models from Aug 2016
India site says this is available on Titanium. However, download section does not seem to work. Anyone done this?
Old 18th October 2016, 10:38   #1138
BHPian

Chatting with the Ford support.

They say SYNC 3.0 is available. Please see the chat. I am going to tweet and ask if Ford India can provide the steps to get this done.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-f1.png
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 12:37   #1139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They say SYNC 3.0 is available. Please see the chat
going by discussions in international threads, this needs hardware change which will essentially mean ordering a new unit. I don't think we can do a software upgrade. Yes, its been a while since they upgraded Sync3 in Everest for Australian market and I won't be surprised if FORD does this change here in coming weeks. They are getting these kits from overseas so they can easily change version.

also note -

All models from September will get ISOFIX child seat attachments in the middle row — good news for family buyers

http://www.caradvice.com.au/454233/2...sync-3-isofix/

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th October 2016 at 12:38.
Old 18th October 2016, 13:23   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
going by discussions in international threads, this needs hardware change which will essentially mean ordering a new unit. I don't think we can do a software upgrade. Yes, its been a while since they upgraded Sync3 in Everest for Australian market and I won't be surprised if FORD does this change here in coming weeks. They are getting these kits from overseas so they can easily change version.

also note -

All models from September will get ISOFIX child seat attachments in the middle row — good news for family buyers

http://www.caradvice.com.au/454233/2...sync-3-isofix/
Ford India site lists Sync3 available on Titanium per this website

http://www.india.ford.com/sync/package

Not clear if this involves change of screen to capacitative or will continue with the current screen sans the pinch and zoom features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks