Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2016, 16:59   #1006
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Some good news on the fuel economy.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-capture.png

After a full tank, cruise control and 80kmph on the pune - solapur expressway, this is the fuel economy the car was showing. And i believe that's close to the real figures. There is still quarter+tank fuel left after the trip (pune-hyderabad). Also note, the fuel economy dropped considerably to 10 the moment i hit state highway (solapur to Hyd) and bad roads (too frequent slow downs, braking).
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 20:25   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
No nuts? It appears there was something there (a washer) on the one on the right.

Is that the steering column which is not covered either? (Like the end of a CV joint, lubed with grease?)

It should have a rubber boot covering it, I would gather...
Sorry. Nuts.
I see two long nuts just below the pedals. Could you please check that in yours? You may require a torch?

I went to A.S.S and checked against another 2.2L demo car, in which the nuts are exposed. They said they will check with Ford and come back to me.
Old 22nd August 2016, 20:29   #1008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Sorry. Nuts.
I see two long nuts just below the pedals. Could you please check that in yours? You may require a torch?

I went to A.S.S and checked against another 2.2L demo car, in which the nuts are exposed. They said they will check with Ford and come back to me.
Sorry, I don't have a Endy - took the Fortuner due to the delays and other issues...

I'm sure others will check - maybe kimianks can?
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 10:14   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Thanks a lot. They look cool and seems to fit well.
Looks like one can brush off dust easily since the edges sit over the carpet crevice.
Oh yes, very easy to clean spills, mud and dust. I also forgot to mention that apart from the thickness and weight of the mats, on the underside there are these 'Velcro' type hooks/fasteners, they catch up with the carpet slightly, ensuring there is zero movement or slippage of the mats under your feet. I'm quite pleased with these overall.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:03   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Some good news on the fuel economy.

Attachment 1544915

After a full tank, cruise control and 80kmph on the pune - solapur expressway, this is the fuel economy the car was showing. And i believe that's close to the real figures. There is still quarter+tank fuel left after the trip (pune-hyderabad). Also note, the fuel economy dropped considerably to 10 the moment i hit state highway (solapur to Hyd) and bad roads (too frequent slow downs, braking).
I got exactly same figures with my 2.2L with speeds of 100-120KM/hr. Infact it was 14KM/L in 4-lane highway which dropped to 13.3 once I hit 2 lane highway. If you can drive at speed of about 100 in 6th gear, Endeavour delivers good fuel efficiency.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:44   #1011
Senior - BHPian

I see all the sensors (Front and side) are slow to respond, at least 2 seconds when motorcyclists cross. Do you have the same issue?

Or anything with the sensor timer, that I should check?
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 19:53   #1012

Quote:
I see all the sensors (Front and side) are slow to respond, at least 2 seconds when motorcyclists cross. Do you have the same issue?

Or anything with the sensor timer, that I should check?
Gosh ! I have the exact same issue.. and its one thing to have the sensors beeping almost continuously in b to b traffic and to know it was for some event in the past

Surely there must be a way to get this sorted. I will check with the service centre tomorrow where I must visit for another reason.
Anand Satya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2016, 20:41   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Satya View Post
Gosh ! I have the exact same issue.. and its one thing to have the sensors beeping almost continuously in b to b traffic and to know it was for some event in the past

Surely there must be a way to get this sorted. I will check with the service centre tomorrow where I must visit for another reason.
Initially the issue didn't seem to be there or maybe I didn't take notice of it. Could it be the Reset that causes this issue?

With Pedestrians it works perfectly but with cars its pretty bad. I shall have it checked in the First Service ( 2500 kms ) which should come up by early next month.
kimianks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 13:21   #1014
BHPian

Few updates from my side:

1) Alignment is still perfect (varying by a minor degree when checked) even after 8200kms. This is great and Ford service tech is still confident that alignment needs to be checked every 10k kms unless you hit something hard. Increases the confidence. Technician tells me that i can continue without any change till the 10k kms service as the car is not pulling to any side and no vibrations on the steering wheel .
2) Braking is still perfect and perfect. I still feel the bite in spite of the use and car stops without any drama.
3) The initial tight feeling of the gearbox seems to have gone and the shifts are smoother. The gears are not holding longer and shifts when needed. Possibly justified with the better fuel economy.

Not so happy with:

1) No tyre shops in around Hyd seems to have the readings/values for the Ford Endeavour. This is a risk as i have been following up for close to a month and no progress. Is this information (wheel alignment reading) so confidential that Ford is not sharing outside their dealers or just that the shops are not pursuing ?
2) Yet to find a solution for the Radio station "jumping" problem. The technicians tried everything possible and claims that they are following up with Ford for a solution. I checked on another 3.2 Titanium variant and the issue persists. Not sure if there is anything more to check.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 13:32   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
2) Yet to find a solution for the Radio station "jumping" problem. The technicians tried everything possible and claims that they are following up with Ford for a solution. I checked on another 3.2 Titanium variant and the issue persists. Not sure if there is anything more to check.
Did you change the settings to deactivate from switching automatically to better reception?

I had the same problem and that stopped after deactivating it. Yesterday I got my left headlight assembly replaced and now stations are again changing as before (may be the battery was disconnected and settings could have reset). I'm yet to change back the settings.

About the new headlight assembly, the projectors look a little yellowing compared to the old one. Did any one notice? The service executive said, its because the light is new and will change in time. But i'm now very much satisfied with the lights. I hope changing to Osram Night breakers might still increase the visibility for high beam
Old 24th August 2016, 15:07   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand Satya View Post

We can disable it. But what is the point? It should give an instant beep. Please post your experience.

ALSO - I see the AC recycle button automatically deactivated, and I have to press each time. I NEVER like to allow outside air, and always prefer recycling. Why in the world there is a physical button when it is getting off when the engine if office. I believe it is a fault.! Do you have similar issue? Could you please check? - I will also go to A.S.S.

Last edited by agbenny : 24th August 2016 at 15:10.
Old 24th August 2016, 15:18   #1017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ALSO - I see the AC recycle button automatically deactivated, and I have to press each time. I NEVER like to allow outside air, and always prefer recycling. Why in the world there is a physical button when it is getting off when the engine if office. I believe it is a fault.! Do you have similar issue? Could you please check? - I will also go to A.S.S.
Both of these issues seem to be standard behaviour - not only for the endeavour, but other vehicles as well.
Bikes typically move a lot quicker than a pedestrian walking and hence the delay, and the AC is a normal trait in most European cars (Skoda, VW, Mercedes, etc.) though not present in some vehicles (like the S-Cross).
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 16:34   #1018
Senior - BHPian

I have few questions about Sports mode (i10, I drive has no Sports mode).

1. If I forget to engage manually + or - I see the gears automatically changes and does not bother even if I forget to change. Is that fine to keep Sports mode all time - and use +/- only when some extra pull requires?.
2. Is there any change in FE if we use Sports mode all time and properly use manual shifts?
3. What does the button in the Gear knob do? I tried without pressing and holding it (by mistake) few times, and I see still the gears shifts.
4. Is there a read (online/pdf/link within team-bhp) which helps to understand the best way to use Auto boxes?

Sorry, too many questions.
Old 24th August 2016, 17:41   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
I have few questions about Sports mode (i10, I drive has no Sports mode).

1. If I forget to engage manually + or - I see the gears automatically changes and does not bother even if I forget to change. Is that fine to keep Sports mode all time - and use +/- only when some extra pull requires?.
2. Is there any change in FE if we use Sports mode all time and properly use manual shifts?
3. What does the button in the Gear knob do? I tried without pressing and holding it (by mistake) few times, and I see still the gears shifts.
4. Is there a read (online/pdf/link within team-bhp) which helps to understand the best way to use Auto boxes?

Sorry, too many questions.
1. Once you shift to S but do not use + or -, the auto mode will work but the engine will hold on to higher RPMs longer in each gear before shifting
2. If you engage + or -, the same (auto mode) is disabled and the each gear is held till you shift up or down
3. FE is compromised to a significant extent in S mode unless you manage the RPMs at a lower range in each gear, in which case you are better off in Full Auto mode
4. The button on the Gear knob is for P lock linked to Brake. Unless both are pressed, the gear will not engage
5. The Manual has some details but not to the extent you like. However, there are enough links on Google to explain the concept of S mode and paddle shifts

Last edited by nareshtrao : 24th August 2016 at 17:47.
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 18:27   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
2. If you engage + or -, the same (auto mode) is disabled and the each gear is held till you shift up or down
Just to clarify, in the endeavour, the Manual mode will upshift or downshift if the engine rpm is too low or high. While it let's you change the gear like you do in a traditional manual gearbox vehicle, the car will automatically shift gears if rpm is low or high in the manual mode. I have tested this and verified.

Please refer page 131 of the following:

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...ralia_2015.pdf

http://www.maritimeford.com/blog/how...smission-work/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Did you change the settings to deactivate from switching automatically to better reception?

I had the same problem and that stopped after deactivating it.
Yes, that was the first thing i tried and it is not working. I have shot an email to the customer care and let's see what they revert with.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 24th August 2016 at 18:36.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks