Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2016, 23:29   #841
BHPian

Do the service centre guys replace the Bulb Assembly with the OSRAM? Or is it DIY? Any warranty issues? If its DIY, is there a guide?
Are the OSRAMs the best out there? Or is there something more powerful?

Last edited by kimianks : 7th July 2016 at 23:32.
Old 8th July 2016, 07:08   #842
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
Do the service centre guys replace the Bulb Assembly with the OSRAM? Or is it DIY? Any warranty issues? If its DIY, is there a guide?
Are the OSRAMs the best out there? Or is there something more powerful?
Its not the assembly. It is just the bulb. Instructions are in the Owners Manual. However, Fog lamp may need some extra work as you need to remove the wheel well cover screws.

And of course the Service center guys will do it. After all the bulbs are same spec and hence there will be no warranty issues. Guys lower in the service center may scare you but seniors will know you are merely replacing the brand. HB3 for HB3 and H8 for H8. Same specs, wattage etc.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 00:35   #843
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160713wa0000.jpg

And the rival is back in a new avatar. Let's see how the fight goes
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 09:36   #844
BHPian

I do not think Ford will dethrone Fortuner any time soon in India. Even though Ford launched the endeavour at an amazing price point, quality, equipments, capability, market is still skewed towards Toyota. Someone who i know wants to upgrade his sedan to SUV. And he is hell bent on Fortuner and not ready to even try the Ford.

Ford needs to work hard if they want to make the Endy a winner. I am worried if the current ~500 sales numbers will decline drastically once the new Fortuner comes. As i mentioned earlier, the poor sales numbers will be a harsh blow on the engineers who worked hard to get the car designed and built.

Interestingly the Australian sales numbers seems a good solace for Ford.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/440306/a...rs-and-losers/

I will not regret my decision to buy the Ford but only worried if the depreciation is going to be really high after 2-3 years time frame, given the market's liking for the Fortuner

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 13th July 2016 at 09:37.
Old 13th July 2016, 11:34   #845
BHPian

I was wondering if the New Heads-up Display by Exploride would work on the Endeavour. There are a couple other being released in the Market in the next couple of months.

Could anyone confirm whether these would work on the SUV?
Old 13th July 2016, 17:04   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I will not regret my decision to buy the Ford but only worried if the depreciation is going to be really high after 2-3 years time frame, given the market's liking for the Fortuner
I would not worry too much about depreciation given that I plan to keep this for at least 8-10 years. Cars (or Trucks?) like this age well and given the features it is loaded with, I do not see it going obsolete too soon. My Civic is close to 10 years and still runs like a dream. As long as I look after the Endeavour in terms of maintenance, the last worry I have is depreciation.

Like we do not need to worry about the appreciation / depreciation of the house we live in.

Of course Toyota will outsell this by 3 times each month unless Ford does something dramatic. The brand equity that Toyota has is so huge that even in the face of New Endeavour, the old Fortuner sells twice as much despite being almost a decade old. That kind of equity and brand loyalty does not come easy. Ford has to work very very hard.
nareshtrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 07:31   #847

Excellent Review - the Bible on Endeavour for buyers in India.

I has test driven the 2016 Fortuner and the Endevour in Thailand and came super impressed with the Ford Endy and mighty unimpressed with the ride quality of the Fortuner.

I booked my Endeavour (3.2 Titanium AT) on 1st May at Bhavana Ford (New Bombay). The booking amount was 1 Lakh while the form clearly said in print that the booking amount should not be more than 50k. But the demand supply economics played through and paid 1L. I was told the waiting period in 6 months (was ready for the wait going into 2017). Got a surprise call on 10 July that my car has been allocated and I need to pay the rest of the money upfront. Checked with friends in the automotive industry and came to know that Ford has increased production of Endy significantly. This should help reduce the waiting periods and more importantly cut the dealers 'take it or leave it' attitude.

I will get delivery of the beast in the first week of August immediately after which I am planning for a week long road trip to Rajasthan.

Will keep the forum posted...
maxsonlewis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 08:08   #848
BHPian

Friends

Over the weekend did a lot of off-roading with family. Unfortunately could not take pictures from outside as it was pouring like hell in Pune and the interiors of Lonavala.

I do have some dashcam videos. Will edit smaller clips and share soon.

Full points to the ride quality and the sheer power this beast has

It was proper off road drive. At places we went through water , slush and mud with almost 2 ft. The rear wheel felt a little sideways skid but was back in action without a blink.

Highly impressed.
Shamsher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 09:57   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I was feeling the bumpiness on the driver's seat. Infact, it was more bumpier than a Santro .
My kid who was sitting on the third row was getting thrown around as well. I thought that it could be over inflated tires or insufficient number of people on board.
No brainer; get the Innova. It sold these many coz of its ride quality. If one was to nitpick, it was about its engine which is now sorted.
Old 14th July 2016, 19:37   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
No brainer; get the Innova. It sold these many coz of its ride quality. If one was to nitpick, it was about its engine which is now sorted.
I liked everything in Innova except for the fact that it is a VAN

I am going to take a real long test drive of Endeavour this weekend before I rule it out. I went to the extent of booking an X1, but after speaking to the service manager (who gave me a 1 lakh per annum average service bill projection), I had to decide against it. It is a pity that I am not able to find a well rounded, reliable and comfortable CUV/SUV around 30 to 40 lakhs that can match Germans of similar price range. I just couldn't digest the servicing cost of premium brands in spite of having decent service packages - especially because I am planning to retain the vehicle for 10 years or so. 10 years BSI for X1 is pretty steeply priced too and the landing cost of the car shoots up heavily.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 14th July 2016 at 19:43.
Old 16th July 2016, 03:04   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I liked everything in Innova except for the fact that it is a VAN

I am going to take a real long test drive of Endeavour this weekend before I rule it out. I went to the extent of booking an X1, but after speaking to the service manager (who gave me a 1 lakh per annum average service bill projection), I had to decide against it. It is a pity that I am not able to find a well rounded, reliable and comfortable CUV/SUV around 30 to 40 lakhs that can match Germans of similar price range. I just couldn't digest the servicing cost of premium brands in spite of having decent service packages - especially because I am planning to retain the vehicle for 10 years or so. 10 years BSI for X1 is pretty steeply priced too and the landing cost of the car shoots up heavily.
Both of us are looking for the same thing.

Scared of the long term reliability(according to online reviews of the Ford ranger 3.2 litre -oil pressure priming and turbo failure are issues) and bad fuel economy (5kmpl in city)of the new Endeavour.

I am banking heavily on the new Fortuner(Dec 2016)

Last edited by ecosport rules : 16th July 2016 at 03:06.
Old 16th July 2016, 23:30   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Scared of the long term reliability(according to online reviews of the Ford ranger 3.2 litre -oil pressure priming and turbo failure are issues) and bad fuel economy (5kmpl in city)of the new Endeavour.

I too was hoping to get the new Fortuner, but the reviews suggest that the bounciness is still there and it isn't going to be cheap given the current Fortuner's pricing. I am guessing that the new Fortuner is going to be more expensive than Endeavour and is going to be close to 40 lakhs on road for the top spec auto.

I took a pretty long test drive of Endeavour today and it didn't really match my (rather unrealistic) expectations.

* First irritant being the initial hesitation to get going - the engine noise becomes pretty intrusive if I press the accelerator hard, but it doesn't move from a standstill as fast as I would like. Once it crosses the 30 km mark, things become a lot better. Slow initial pick up is still going to be a problem if we are going to drive it in stop and go traffic. I guess Linea Tjet that I currently drive has ruined me as it is very brisk from the word go.

* Interiors aren't really justifying the price tag. Infact the sunroof on the demo car didn't function properly, AC vent above the second row kept closing by itself and there was already a rattle in the car with 5000 km on the odo. While I understand that the demo car gets abused every day, I think it is too early for a car to show such issues.

* Outdoor noise insulation is just average and wasn't better than my Linea. Jetta and BMW X1 which I test drove were having a much better noise insulation IMHO.

To summarize, I think it doesn't make sense to get this vehicle if I am not going to use it for offroading.
ece2k2 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 00:19   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

Cant really comment on the reliabilty as of now. But from whatever response I have gotten from ford dealerships/ford India, I feel they are serious about the endeavour. However we will get to know about it only as time progresses.

Regarding the mileage, i have gotten an average of 7 kmpl in 100% city usage over a period of 800 kms approximately (includes idling time with A/c for atleast couple of hours and in the typical bumper to bumper traffic). On the highway drives I have gotten around 9-9.5 Kmpl. However note that I dont have a mileage friendly driving style, for comparison sake our innova used aroun 8 kmpl in city and 10 kmpl in highway (as at relatively higher speeds, innova's mileage drops drastically).

For the last 700 kms, our chauffer is driving the endeavour. He managed to squeeze out 11.5-12 Kmpl which includes 80% highway driving (2 lane highway > 4 lane) and 20% city traffic. He used to manage 13-13.5 kmpl in our innova.

So as far as fuel economy is concerned, I agree that its less than a typical diesel sedan. But at the same time, I dont see a Fortuner returning better mileage. I am also quite sure that even new innova is marginally better, if not equal to endeavour in terms of fuel economy.

PS : Turbo failure sounds very scary 😓
Old 17th July 2016, 23:42   #854

Has anyone fitted a roof rack on the Endy?

I am looking out for a roof rack which goes with the flush roof rail system on the Endy. Dr. Google threw up Rhino Rack and spoke to their team in Australia. Was looking for options and learnings from the group.
Old 18th July 2016, 02:31   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took a pretty long test drive of Endeavour

* First irritant being the initial hesitation to get going - the engine noise becomes pretty intrusive if I press the accelerator hard, but it doesn't move from a standstill as fast as I would like.

* Interiors aren't really justifying the price tag. Infact the sunroof on the demo car didn't function properly, AC vent above the second row kept closing by itself and there was already a rattle in the car with 5000 km on the odo. While I understand that the demo car gets abused every day, I think it is too early for a car to show such issues.
Initial hesitation is too obvious.
Not sure if that gets rectified by the self learning ECU and adjusts according to ones driving style.

The owners here can throw some more light on that issue.

Rattles yes , observed plenty on a 5000 kms driven car(surprising to note that Ford claims it to be built for abuse)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxsonlewis View Post
Has anyone fitted a roof rack on the Endy?

I am looking out for a roof rack which goes with the flush roof rail system on the Endy. Dr. Google threw up Rhino Rack and spoke to their team in Australia. Was looking for options and learnings from the group.
Rhino rack looks cool.

Have you tried with Thule too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Regarding the mileage, i have gotten an average of 7 kmpl in 100% city usage over a period of 800 kms approximately (includes idling time with A/c for atleast couple of hours and in the typical bumper to bumper traffic). On the highway drives I have gotten around 9-9.5 Kmpl.

For the last 700 kms, our chauffer is driving the endeavour. He managed to squeeze out 11.5-12 Kmpl which includes 80% highway driving

PS : Turbo failure sounds very scary ��
Congratulations Harsha.When is your ownership report coming by?

Those are good fuel economy figures for a 3.2litre engine.

Did you experience the magic of the self learning ECU? (Engine hums a lot on the test dtive vehicle before take off)

Would love to take your steed for a spin sometime.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 18th July 2016 at 02:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks