Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2016, 02:12   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

One question to the owners, How does the stock horn sound? Is it anywhere near the skoda's famous Pam pam sound? I got honked a lot from a White endeavour today even though there was no place for me to move, Maybe he wanted me to fly. His horn was like the old skoda's.
Old 16th June 2016, 03:39   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
They have stocks - and ample - for every single part. I was surprised how they sourced a couple of parts for me in less than a day. Parts which are normally not needed to be replaced and considered very low moving - and not common to any other cars. The dealer got the not so common parts shipped from Chennai overnight.

And then I checked. The dealer has all normally needed parts available. Apparently Ford has stipulated strict conditions of spares inventory and training for any dealer to qualify for Endeavour and Mustang. All of them are supposed to have at least one L3 Technician and one Master Technician.

Also, in this case the dealer was other than the one I purchased from as their Service Center is close to my place of residence whereas the dealer from where I purchased is too far for me.
Finally glad to hear that Ford is putting some sort of effort into supporting Endy customers.
Old 16th June 2016, 10:04   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
One question to the owners, How does the stock horn sound? Is it anywhere near the skoda's famous Pam pam sound? I got honked a lot from a White endeavour today even though there was no place for me to move, Maybe he wanted me to fly. His horn was like the old skoda's.
Yes, the new Endeavour gets OEM trumpet horns. Even the Creta too gets it stock. Its so much better than the regular ones.

Hope more manufacturers start offering trumpets as stock.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 11:24   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Yup, similar to the ones in the Skoda's. Pretty effective yet not irritating!
vijay.sundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 10:24   #785
BHPian

Does anyone checked the ICE inputs? Does the system have HDMI-in or any other form of Video IN? I can only find the Aux-in in near the cupholders.
Old 20th June 2016, 16:27   #786
BHPian

Found some information and a solution to the lack of in-built navigation in the Endeavour.

Option 1:

Get the dealer to install/upgrade the stock unit for navigation. From the sources that I gathered, this involves an additional component called the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module). This module is attached to the back of the 8" Touchscreen. My SA says that the existing APIM will be replaced with the new APIM. Other sources say that this APIM will be attached over and above the existing module. Once either of this is done, we would need to insert a SD card into the existing Card slot to get the navigation activated. This costs close to 1 Lakh per dealers quote.

When I searched in ebay, I can find the same module compatible with our Endeavors for about US $799.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2016-My...xXYBtK&vxp=mtr

Option 2:

Third party APIM's from Mirage Audio, Thailand.

This APIN fits alongside the existing factory headunit and adds HDMI input compatibility along with Airplay+Mirrorlink. There is also GPS Navigation support through PAPAGO GPS backend but I am not able to find the Maps for the Indian sub continent.

Attaching some pictures of the same along with the spec-sheet,

Ford-navigation-interface-for-SYNC-MyFord-Touch-system.pdf

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-157017.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-157018.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-157019.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-157020.jpg

Apparently, I contacted the seller through Facebook and he says it is DIY. This is pure plug & play setup. The steering mounted controls work with this as well.

Though we still done get GPS navigation out of the box, we can always hook up Google Maps in our phone and have the display shown in the head unit.

How does this sound?

Last edited by moralfibre : 20th June 2016 at 22:48. Reason: Resized pictures and uploaded using our attachment system.
vijay.sundar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 18:54   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Does anyone checked the ICE inputs? Does the system have HDMI-in or any other form of Video IN? I can only find the Aux-in in near the cupholders.
No. There are no HDMI ports on the Endeavour.
nareshtrao is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 20:31   #788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay.sundar View Post
Found some information and a solution to the lack of in-built navigation
Option 2:

Third party APIM's from Mirage Audio, Thailand.

This APIN fits alongside the existing factory headunit and adds HDMI input compatibility along with Airplay+Mirrorlink. There is also GPS Navigation support through PAPAGO GPS backend but I am not able to find the Maps for the Indian sub continent.
Apparently, I contacted the seller through Facebook and he says it is DIY. This is pure plug & play setup. The steering mounted controls work with this as well.
Though we still done get GPS navigation out of the box, we can always hook up Google Maps in our phone and have the display shown in the head unit.

How does this sound?
Sounds like an awesome option.

I am particularly impressed because it is a plug and play .
The airplay sounds very interesting (if it is same as screen mirroring where you can use phone's google maps)

What is the total cost?
Is there an option of only screen mirroring without the navigator?(will work out cheaper)

Last edited by ecosport rules : 22nd June 2016 at 20:37.
Old 23rd June 2016, 08:43   #789
Senior - BHPian

Got these pictures on WhatsApp. No details. Looks like it's KA.

Looks like the truck hit a pole. The Ford has taken the impact quite well. Even the radiator appears fine. Can also see the trumpet horns. The curtain airbags also went off. Maybe it lifted a wheel or something.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160623wa0000.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160623wa0001.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160623wa0002.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160623wa0003.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:42   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Got these pictures on WhatsApp. No details. Looks like it's KA.

Looks like the truck hit a pole. The Ford has taken the impact quite well. Even the radiator appears fine. Can also see the trumpet horns. The curtain airbags also went off. Maybe it lifted a wheel or something.
So sad to see that, hope the occupants are safe. I am optimistic since the air bags were deployed and the car seems to have taken the impact well. Let me not assume further since i do not know how and what happened. This is the 3.2 titanium variant so the repair is going to cost a bomb, but the insurance coverage will be a relief. Drive safe.

Additional:

1) The experience i had during the first service is sub par. There was nothing to do other than top up of fluids, oil, check ECU for errors if any (which they claim and yet to give me the invoice, the bill was Rs. 0) They made me wait for more than 1 hour, no one knows what to do, whether i can take the car or there is something more to check. Car is running smooth so i am not worried. But that's not what i expected.

2) Washing was not done. On seeing me, they started washing and cleaning The job was very poor and i asked them to stop cleaning my car. I will get it done on my own. The service advisor was continuing to apologize for the next two days and requesting that i do not escalate the issue to Ford. I have shot an email to Ford and they have assured better service next time, so let's see.

3) Paid for the extended warranty, yet to get the documents. Been chasing for a while. not sure why such delays from the dealer side post the happy shopping experience.

4) Need to upgrade the high beam or see if i can adjust to get longer throw. I think the bulbs are powerful but the throw is not long enough. Technicians have no clue so its going to be DIY.

5) Mileage has increased considerably, however i am only looking at the car's fuel economy calculator and not the Tank to tank method. Right now it shows an average of 9.09 kmpl but this is mainly city driving. I was getting an average of 9.55kmpl with a mix of city and highway driving two weeks back. I am told it would get better once the car crosses 4500kms mark. (not sure what's the magic that's going to happen after 4500kms)

6) Gearbox has become smoother, guess the self learning feature of the gearbox is true. The shifts are now quicker and smoother and its not holding on to gears for long. And trust me, the automatic variant of cars are such a big relief in the city traffic.

7) Can reiterate that the car is worth the money !

The only negative is that the silent cabin, superb ride quality, aggressive acceleration and nice steering wheel will make you feel too comfortable, sometimes you do not realize that you are at 100kmph unless you monitor the speedometer continuously. And you have to be alert to make sure that you notice whats' around you. While I understand that's a great feature of the car, I feel its a bad idea in the indian context where you will have so many surprises around you.

One of the picture i clicked recently, beside the previous gen Prado.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20160619_091806.png

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2016 at 10:48.
sunishsamuel is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 18:01   #791
Distinguished - BHPian

Check out this review by Powerdrift

Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 18:33   #792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The Ford has taken the impact quite well.
Attachment 1520482
I can vouch for that .My friend rammed his 2010 Endeavour into a concrete lane separator(divider) near the Teynampet side of the Gemini flyover in Chennai.

The impact "t-boned" the grille and the bumper (which also flared wide open at both ends) but nothing happened to the intercooler, radiator, condenser.

Got the car done up outside for 20k( repair of the grille was quite a challenge).

It would have been curtains for any other car in the Endy's place.

Last edited by vigsom : 23rd June 2016 at 18:35.
Old 23rd June 2016, 18:47   #793
BHPian

Bhpians who have got their Endeavours,Where did you guys get your cars insured from?What was the premium?
My dealer's quote is about INR 1,20,000/- for zero depreciation policy,seems a little steep to me.

I might be wrong here,but isn't a car considered as a write off or a total loss by the insurers if the airbags deploy in a crash?
Old 24th June 2016, 11:43   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
I might be wrong here,but isn't a car considered as a write off or a total loss by the insurers if the airbags deploy in a crash?
I dont think so. Airbags would deploy even in a low impact situation, as long as the impact is good enough to cause harm to the human body but not to the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek3001 View Post
Bhpians who have got their Endeavours,Where did you guys get your cars insured from?What was the premium?
My dealer's quote is about INR 1,20,000/- for zero depreciation policy,seems a little steep to me.
My dealer quoted just about the same i.e. Rs.1,19,238 for the zero dep., policy. for the 3.2 Titatinum. This he said was common across all their preferred insurers - Bajaj Alliance, Royal Sundaram, Iffko Tokio and New India.

I ended up getting the insurance online from ICICI Lombard for Rs.75,763 with some of the options starred in the attachment.
Attached Images

vijay.sundar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 20:03   #795
BHPian

I've got a chance to drive 2.2 4x4 MT in Bangalore, a short test drive around 2- 4 KM's.

Observations from the short test drive :

Clutch is too light for an SUV

Gear throw is on the shorter side ( i would say little shorter than XUV )

Gear shift quality is far better than XUV

Gear stick length is good enough

Hill Launch Assit is present in the manual version too

As expected manual feels more powerful than the AT one

Also i have noticed the alloy finish is different for Titanium & Trend
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-image3.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-image1.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-image2.jpg  

LionX is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com