Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 21:06   #691
BHPian

Finally my wait seems to be getting over, was waiting for the endy to get intro in CSD to save a bit more. Only 2.2 trend versions have been introduced as there is a cap on vehs above 3000 cc.

Received the CSD price list of Endeavour Trend models from Bhagat Ford, Jalandhar

Message received is as follows:-

The CSD Price for New Endeavour Trend 2.2 (4x2) MT - Rs. 2267822/- & for New Endeavour Trend 2.2 (4x2) AT - Rs. 2309638/- (Ex-showroom)

Approx savings: 2 Lakhs for MT and around 2.5 Lakh for AT.

Now waiting for the price list of Gujarat, there is VAT off for CSD cars in there so might get a price if around a lac more lower for each model.
Old 22nd May 2016, 12:22   #692
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
I noticed that my insurance date started on the day my vehicle was billed, that is almost a week before it was registered and handed over to me, is this how it is ? This means that while the vehicle was transported from factory to Bangalore the risk was covered by me ? Can I ask the dealer to change the date ?
A vehicle can be insured only after it is invoiced. An invoice cannot be raised until you have given the dealer full payment (loan + downpayment) and signed the same. Did you do something like that? If yes, it is possible that the vehicle was insured before delivery.

However, there is nothing to worry as long as the vehicle is fine. The date on the policy cannot be changed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Currently I use the car only on weekends, will this affect the car in anyway ?
Nothing at all. Chetak (My Pajero Sport) doesn't venture out for months at times and he is also dirty from his previous trip. Dont worry.
Old 22nd May 2016, 16:16   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Did you do something like that? The date on the policy cannot be changed now.
Yes.. I did exactly that . OK ,If it cant be changed now, i'd then leave it and move on.

Quote:
Nothing at all. Chetak (My Pajero Sport) doesn't venture out for months at times and he is also dirty from his previous trip. Dont worry.
Thanks for this info, its indeed very reassuring.
Old 22nd May 2016, 18:02   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Endeavour doesn't have the auto folding mirror's? For instance once you lock the vehicle the wing mirror's don't fold?
It only has a semi-auto fold. Means, there is a separate button to press to fold and unfold. Remember, this works only when the ignition is on.
Old 22nd May 2016, 20:55   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
It only has a semi-auto fold. Means, there is a separate button to press to fold and unfold. Remember, this works only when the ignition is on.
Yeah thats there, But does it fold unfold once the key is removed from the ignition? Or while locking or unlocking the car?
Old 22nd May 2016, 22:16   #696
Team-BHP Support

I passed by an endeavour today in slow Bandra traffic. It was towering over my beemer and looked right on bada.s.s. I couldn't stop drooling at that imposing front. Time to start saving!!
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:31   #697
BANNED

Quote:
But does it fold unfold once the key is removed from the ignition? Or while locking or unlocking the car?
That is not present but is an easy accessory to add on. There are many kits available for it.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:02   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah thats there, But does it fold unfold once the key is removed from the ignition? Or while locking or unlocking the car?
Nope. It only has electrically foldable mirrors, and no Auto fold. Also, electric fold works only if the ignition on.
agbenny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:01   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is not present but is an easy accessory to add on. There are many kits available for it.
Any links for such kits in india? Also do we still have manual override for folding the mirrors?
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:02   #700
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Any links for such kits in india? Also do we still have manual override for folding the mirrors?
Most good accessory stores have it. Very easy to get it installed (Chetak has it, for example). What do you mean by manual override for folding the mirrors?
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:06   #701
Senior - BHPian

I meant closing the mirrors using the stock switch. For example in a narrow area, if one would want to fold the mirrors, one should be able to using the original stock mirror folding switch.
Old 24th May 2016, 18:27   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I meant closing the mirrors using the stock switch. For example in a narrow area, if one would want to fold the mirrors, one should be able to using the original stock mirror folding switch.
Yes the existing system works the same way as before, you can manually open and close the mirrors using the button on dash anytime.
diveshsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 19:20   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveshsingh View Post
Yes the existing system works the same way as before, you can manually open and close the mirrors using the button on dash anytime.
Has anyone done this modification for endy?
Also have you guys seen the green tribunal order against diesel vehicles > 2000cc? how this would impact further endy/ t FT sales?
Old 24th May 2016, 20:14   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Has anyone done this modification for endy?
Also have you guys seen the green tribunal order against diesel vehicles > 2000cc? how this would impact further endy/ t FT sales?
Isn't that only in Kerala?

Everest/Endy has only the diesel option at present, unfortunately.

With regard to older diesels being more polluting, I can attest to the fact that my Dicor 3.0 smells up my garage quite heavily when warming it up for a minute, but running the T-Fort (2015, only 217 kms on odo) for a few minutes seems to generate almost nothing. (Of course, some gases not detectable using one's nose!)

Pretty amazing, and a good reason to upgrade as well as to help keep pollution down.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 24th May 2016 at 20:27.
Old 25th May 2016, 05:25   #705
BHPian

My beast arrived yesterday afternoon. Planet ford pune got it delivered to Alibag. Special thanks to Mr Ojas and Mr Laxman for taking the effort of delivering the vehicle 150 km from Pune.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160524wa0025.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160524wa0030.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20160524wa0027.jpg  

architkarpe is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed