Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2024, 10:39   #4861
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I have a 2016 MY 3.2L model that has done about 60K Km. Just as preventive measure, I asked the PPS Ford Mahadevapura service team to do a complete drain and full replacement of Automatic Transmission, Radiator and Differential fluids. While the Coolant and Automatic transmission fluid part numbers are straightforward, the differential fluid specifications seem to be a bit all over the place.

The PPS Ford team claims that the differential fluid and transmission fluid have some specifications for the Endeavour and they are trying to use the ATF for differentials as well. Do any of the experts happen to know the exact specifications for the differential fluid?
Old 18th May 2024, 13:09   #4862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfk1975 View Post
I have a 2016 MY 3.2L model that has done about 60K Km. Just as preventive measure....Do any of the experts happen to know the exact specifications for the differential fluid?
Also as a preventive measure albeit at a modest mileage of 13633 ...I too arranged to have Diffs/Transmission fluids replaced in my 2016 Titanium 3.2 Ford Endeavour 4x4. Unsure if part numbers are universal - corresponding references shown in invoice below may shed some light on lubricants' used.

Officially Ford do not supply Ford Endeavour/Everest models here in the UK however as the engine/chassis is based on the Ford Ranger, service guidelines corresponding to these models have been used. To my knowledge there are 3 Ford Endeavours in the UK, including most recently one imported by another T-BHPian that could yield comparable notes in due course.

As an aside.... thinking of replacing rear MRF Wanderers with the newly released BF Goodrich KO3 tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_20240518_080951.jpg  

Arbind Ray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 18:47   #4863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The PPS Ford team claims that the differential fluid and transmission fluid have some specifications for the Endeavour and they are trying to use the ATF for differentials as well. Do any of the experts happen to know the exact specifications for the differential fluid?
The differential doesn’t use atf fluid, it uses a variety of 80w90 gear oil that is also suitable for differentials.

The transfer case uses ATF fluid.

For my 2018 MY 3.2 -

The front / rear axle needs 80w90 gear oil. If Ford doesn’t have that in stock get this Motul one which exactly matches the spec except it is 75w90 not 80w90 (the 75 covers 80 and anyway this lower weight 75 or 80 only comes into play in India if you’re in eg Spiti in temperatures of -30 or so)

Front axle oil - Motorcraft® SAE 80W-90 WSP-M2C197-A Premium Rear Axle Lubricant
Rear axle oil - Motorcraft® SAE 80W-90 WSP-M2C197-A Premium Rear Axle Lubricant
Rear axle - Motorcraft® Additive Friction EST-M2C118-A Modifier
Transfer case - Motorcraft® MERCON® LV WSS-M2C938-A
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 19:10   #4864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbind Ray View Post

As an aside.... thinking of replacing rear MRF Wanderers with the newly released BF Goodrich KO3 tyres.
Thank you for sharing this info, @Arbind. Switching to the topic of tires, the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO3 would be an awesome AT, assuming that you are able to source it in the right size. My understanding is that the KO3s are going to have a multi-year phased roll-out and all tire sizes might not be available right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
The differential doesn’t use atf fluid, it uses a variety of 80w90 gear oil that is also suitable for differentials.

The transfer case uses ATF fluid.

For my 2018 MY 3.2 -

The front / rear axle needs 80w90 gear oil. If Ford doesn’t have that in stock get this Motul one which exactly matches the spec except it is 75w90 not 80w90 (the 75 covers 80 and anyway this lower weight 75 or 80 only comes into play in India if you’re in eg Spiti in temperatures of -30 or so)

Front axle oil - Motorcraft® SAE 80W-90 WSP-M2C197-A Premium Rear Axle Lubricant
Rear axle oil - Motorcraft® SAE 80W-90 WSP-M2C197-A Premium Rear Axle Lubricant
Rear axle - Motorcraft® Additive Friction EST-M2C118-A Modifier
Transfer case - Motorcraft® MERCON® LV WSS-M2C938-A
This is perfect. Thanks a lot, @hserus.
Old 18th May 2024, 19:41   #4865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is perfect. Thanks a lot, @hserus.
It is right from the endy user manual, cross check with yours - there is a page “capacities and specifications”

Btw this is the Motul one for endeavour (and any other eg Scorpio) rear differential

https://www.amazon.in/Motul-Motylgea...dp/B01M0EP5J7/
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 12:56   #4866
BHPian

Hello Forum Members,

I am facing a strange issue in my Endeavor (2016- 3.2L). After being parked outside during a the day (in the open, but under a shade), there is strange sound coming from the left door speaker, while the engine is running. The sound is a buzzing/static sound which goes away as soon as I open the left door and comes back once the door is closed. The sound also disrupts the quality of calls received through CarPlay. While this is happening, the parking sensor alert also makes a sound as if the speaker is blown. Parking sensor sound seems to come from the front/middle speaker for the front sensors and not from the left door speaker. I don't face this issue during the morning while driving to work (car is parked overnight in the basement). I am assuming it has something to do with the heatwave, but not sure why. I intend to send it to Harpreet Ford for a review, just thought ill check if anyone on the Forum has faced this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st June 2024, 12:21   #4867
BHPian

Hello Guys - I'm exploring to buy a pre owned Endeavour and have seen few dealers selling 2.2 L 2016/17 models in Delhi NCR in the range of 15-16 Lakhs. Is it the fair price for a 7-8 year old model?
VJ05 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks