Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2020, 07:38   #4201
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

I had my 40k service done recently. Had my rear brake pads changed (for the first time).
Asked service person to change front brake pads too, but he said they are good to go for atleast 10k.
SA was shocked to know that I managed to run 40k without brake pads replaced.
GKG4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 20:28   #4202
BHPian

Need a quick advice
I have a zero dep insurance cover for my endy (2016 March registration) with royal sundaram. I looked at online on their website, it costs about 47k for renewal. While an insurance agency sent me a quote from ICICI Lombard for about 42k. I tried reaching out to royal sundaram a few times to get a quote through email and phone, so far they didn't respond (seems like they don't need the business type attitude). What do you all suggest? Should i switch? Any hassles to transfer the ncb etc after switching? Please advice.
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:36   #4203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Need a quick advice
I have a zero dep insurance cover for my endy (2016 March registration) with royal sundaram. I looked at online on their website, it costs about 47k for renewal. While an insurance agency sent me a quote from ICICI Lombard for about 42k. I tried reaching out to royal sundaram a few times to get a quote through email and phone, so far they didn't respond (seems like they don't need the business type attitude). What do you all suggest? Should i switch? Any hassles to transfer the ncb etc after switching? Please advice.
I switched to Bharti AXA, and my experience is great. And please crosscheck the price with AXA, it will be less than ICICI
GKG4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 22:52   #4204
BHPian

Quote:
Need a quick advice
I have a zero dep insurance cover for my endy (2016 March registration) with royal sundaram.
I suggest you shift from Royal Sundaram. There are no hassles in the transfer of NCB and ICICI is a better company than Royal Sundaram anyday. Do make sure that apart from zero dep the quote also includes add on covers like consumable cover, engine protector, key replacement cover, etc for similar IDV.

Similarly also take quotes from Bajal Allianz and HDFC Ergo. These are the best companies out there in the business.
Kashish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 12:49   #4205

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Did you hear any loud noises from the engine after it heats up when you accelerate? A very loud fan noise. On hot days on the highway, I always get that noise. Never been able to reproduce it at the dealers.
Hi,
Have experienced only 1 summer with my endeavour 2.2. I faced the same loud fan issue whenever ambient temperature was above 35 degrees (very common in Delhi and around). It's like the radiator fan is running at 2X 3X rpm. And it's not as if it starts after a lot of driving.. have experienced this issue even when car has been parked for a long time, but ambient temp was 40+.

I checked with the dealership, they said it is by design in Ecosport but not in endeavour. Was not able to make them hear the same as monsoons had arrived. Didn't experience even once from then till now in Feb (winters basically)
Along with the noise i experience loss in power. Fingers crossed for this summers.

Were you able to find any solution to this? Or have to live with it? Anyone else with a 2.2 experienced the same?

Mod Note: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th February 2020 at 13:33.
Old 26th February 2020, 23:19   #4206
BHPian

Okay, I got quote from Bharti AXA as well as ICICI Lombard and The New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
Here are the key differences:

Bharti AXA:
Premium 62,000/-
IDV 21,40,344/-
PAN India Coverage
Includes Consumables
Unlimited ZERO Dep. Claims
No Discount, No NCB
No Road Side Assistance or Key Insurance

ICICI Lombard:
Premium 49,500/- (after some bargaining)
IDV 22,00,000/-
No PAN India Coverage
Doesn't includes Consumables
2 ZERO dep. claims a year
Surprisingly 65% discount, No NCB
Gold Insurance for Key + Road Side Assistance

The New India Assurance Co. Ltd:
Preimum 58,169/-
IDV 21,40,344/-
No Info about PAN India Coverage
No info about Including Consumables
No Info about number of claims
No Discount, No NCB
No Key Insurance or Road Side assistance

The above quotes are without NCB bonus since I got this claim last month.

Last edited by GKG4 : 26th February 2020 at 23:26.
Old 28th February 2020, 15:09   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
Software updates seem to be a very weak area of Ford Service. I have been trying to get my Endy 2.2 Titanium's Navigation Maps Database updated for the last several months in vain.
Since you only need the map updates and not the entire SYNC3 update package, have you tried updating them via Naviextras website?
A.G. is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 13:58   #4208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashish View Post
I suggest you shift from Royal Sundaram. There are no hassles in the transfer of NCB and ICICI is a better company than Royal Sundaram anyday. Do make sure that apart from zero dep the quote also includes add on covers like consumable cover, engine protector, key replacement cover, etc for similar IDV.

Similarly also take quotes from Bajal Allianz and HDFC Ergo. These are the best companies out there in the business.
Thanks, renewed with HDFC ergo.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 16:49   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, renewed with HDFC ergo.
Sorry for responding late. Claim rejection rate of ICICI and Reliance are very high, so please stay away from them. If your dealer has a cashless claim from Oriental or United, they are the one to go with. If they don't have cashless, don't ever go with these providers (They are Govt companies and getting money from them, will take lot of your time ). (Just posting it now -- even though it is late, so that it can help others ).
anumod is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 18:14   #4210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Since you only need the map updates and not the entire SYNC3 update package, have you tried updating them via Naviextras website?

Naviextras is not available for India. It's only for some other countries.
Old 29th February 2020, 19:42   #4211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
I did try with Naviextras but hit a dead end. Then I installed the 'Ford_Lincoln Toolbax' app in my Mac which enabled me to download the latest India maps database (Q4/2018). I tried to install that with a USB drive. First part got installed but the second part got stuck. Thereafter I visited Ford Service in Kolkata several times but they failed to complete the installation. Now they claim that they have taken up the matter with Ford, USA and are waiting for a solution!

My navigation system is working but I'm not sure about the Map / POI database version because it is not showing up in the display -- see pic below.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img20200218165006.jpg

If any Endeavour owner is in a similar predicament (Map / POI database version is blank), please let me know.
debuda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2020, 20:27   #4212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
I did try with Naviextras but hit a dead end.
Naviextras was never for India as confirmed by Ford India. Unfortunately we are treated like the unwanted.
Thankfully your Sync 3 system is working fine and did not hang as the whole ECU system is connected in one.
ruzbehxyz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 08:51   #4213
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Question on rats eating wires.
My relative got a TATA Hexa. It is in the Dealer Repair Shop for the 2nd time in 2years. Issue is small rats (shrew) chewing through the wires. Has any of the Endeavor owners been through the same issue ?

Apparently it is due to the shift from petroleum based plastics to soy based plastics for wires. This is apart from stealing wires for nesting. Check this link.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/amp.f.../amp/578398002

Last edited by Czarcarsm : 3rd March 2020 at 08:54.
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 01:22   #4214
BHPian

Is heated ORVM’s still available on new Endeavour?
Old 4th March 2020, 07:38   #4215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Is heated ORVM’s still available on new Endeavour?
And for those who already have heated ORVM's, how do you activate them?
There is no dedicated button to toggle it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks