Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2016, 21:33   #391

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Spoke to the dealer in Delhi today, as he told me that I should have the 3.2 titanium by March end or first week of April. Response from dealer was quite suprising, he said ford is not billing any cars and they are clueless about any deliveries and have also cancelled majority of the bookings.

Don't really know what's going on with Ford and what are there plans with the endeavour. To clarify I wrote to ford today along with my booking number and requesting a clarification for all this confusion. So far I have just received a polite courtesy mail from ford saying they are investigating my query and will get back to me after speaking to the dealer. Let's see what they come up with.
Old 29th March 2016, 22:32   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Spoke to the dealer in Delhi today, as he told me that I should have the 3.2 titanium by March end or first week of April. Response from dealer was quite suprising, he said ford is not billing any cars and they are clueless about any deliveries and have also cancelled majority of the bookings.

Don't really know what's going on with Ford and what are there plans with the endeavour. To clarify I wrote to ford today along with my booking number and requesting a clarification for all this confusion. So far I have just received a polite courtesy mail from ford saying they are investigating my query and will get back to me after speaking to the dealer. Let's see what they come up with.
I am not sure whether the dealer's statement can be trusted. Someone on the forum suggested they are bumping up productions. Will be meeting the GM of Nerul tomorrow to get clarity.
Old 29th March 2016, 23:02   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
this is because of the 2.0 L and more diesel engine ban by the Supreme Court. Its to expire on 31/03/2016 and till then no car having a 2 ltr or more diesel engine can be sold. Hence no billing. Its now time to go the UK Way
Old 29th March 2016, 23:02   #394
BHPian

Called up my SA today he says they in pune have no cars billed in march. This is surprising no cars manufactured in the month of march ? I guess thats the conclusion coz if they had production they should have sent the cars to the dealer.
Old 29th March 2016, 23:09   #395

Yes it's been rumoured that ford has increased production yet they are hardly seen on the road even after 2 months of launch

I spoke to GM of Delhi Ford and asked him if I should write to ford, and he said yes and said will support my claim if ford india gets in touch with them.
Old 29th March 2016, 23:17   #396
BHPian

My Friend has the Sales Charts. He Stated that Sales for March fell from 450 to 410. This is Nationwide ofcourse. The Nerul Dealership in Navi Mumbai has delivered 3 Titaniums this month.

Last edited by kimianks : 29th March 2016 at 23:38.
Old 30th March 2016, 12:22   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimianks View Post
My Friend has the Sales Charts. He Stated that Sales for March fell from 450 to 410. This is Nationwide ofcourse. The Nerul Dealership in Navi Mumbai has delivered 3 Titaniums this month.
Though I would be surprised to see Ford shipping more than 500 Endeavours in a month, I think the numbers you mentioned is for February 2016. Ford shipped 480 in Jan and 410 in February. Since we still have 2 more days in March, I don't think we will have numbers for March yet.
As I am aware each dealer is entitled only for 2-3 Titanium's(2.2+3.2) per month.
Old 30th March 2016, 13:16   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Though I would be surprised to see Ford shipping more than 500 Endeavours in a month, I think the numbers you mentioned is for February 2016. Ford shipped 480 in Jan and 410 in February. Since we still have 2 more days in March, I don't think we will have numbers for March yet.
As I am aware each dealer is entitled only for 2-3 Titanium's(2.2+3.2) per month.
I did ask him and he was sure those were March numbers. LOL

Last edited by kimianks : 30th March 2016 at 13:18.
Old 30th March 2016, 14:49   #399
BHPian

The news I got is they are going to ramp up the production in April. At least, this is the news that Ford sales people have (not dealers). Source is a college friend of mine who manages sales for Ford.
Old 30th March 2016, 15:46   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
The news I got is they are going to ramp up the production in April. At least, this is the news that Ford sales people have (not dealers). Source is a college friend of mine who manages sales for Ford.
Really not sure what that means. The dealer I booked with has over 60 bookings - largely Titanium - and a bulk of that in a couple of popular colors.

Simple math of 2-3 cars per dealer per month says that some of them would wait for over a year.

This just does not make sense. People will either cancel or move on to other products. This would become a non-starter for such a capable product. Just the way Trailblazer went - perhaps for other reasons than supply.
Old 30th March 2016, 17:52   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
My review is up. Need the mods to move it from Assembly line.
Is this published yet?
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 22:15   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Is this published yet?
Its in the assembly line. I am trying to figure out where to add full stops and where to add commas and stuff like that. I am a doctor so usually i just scribble. No need for grammar or spell check. only the pharmacy guys can figure out what i have written
dockap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 22:23   #403
BHPian

I did message Ford India regarding my query for likely timeline of introduction of new endeavour in CSD, part of the e-mail is reproduced below:

"We are delighted to know that you wish to purchase the Ford 3.2L 4*4 Endeavour model. We promise that the wait would definitely be worth it, we shall also do our best to enhance the output of New Ford Endeavour in order to reduce the waiting period and meet the high demand of our esteemed customers.

We wish to inform you that the bookings at CSD will be facilitated in 15 days' time. We request you to visit your CSD to do the needful as per the stipulated time."

I don't know what Ford guys are up to, the paragraph seems contradicting to their claims. They are not even able to deliver normally booked endeavour but are pushing it a lot to be introduced in CSD before current gen fortuner. A lot of forces guys i know are already lined up in buying the same, just waiting for its intro in CSD. I believe i need to show them reality before they take a deep dive and block their hard earned money for at least a year or so.
Old 31st March 2016, 10:02   #404
Team-BHP Support

Nice car, I did drive the 3.2 Trend for short duration. The GB's response appeared similar to Rexton [I wasn't cruising, just driving in an industrial area]

The suspension is nice, as is the feel of the car, not anything like the Fortuner/Scorpio. Feel of the car is nice as well.

I didn't experience the middle row seats but they don't appear comfortable and isn't very spacious either.

A 3.2 Tit had been booked sometimes in February and the dealership is committing April end as the D day.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 14:06   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Its in the assembly line. I am trying to figure out where to add full stops and where to add commas and stuff like that. I am a doctor so usually i just scribble. No need for grammar or spell check. only the pharmacy guys can figure out what i have written
thanks doc, please let us know when the post is public...

Most Viewed