Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2019, 08:17   #3736
BANNED

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post
My overall experience, in two words, was mindblowingly awesome!
How is the truck treating you?

What trips have you been able to undertake so far and how many kms on the odo does it have now?

How has been your after-sales experience, if any yet, thus far?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2019, 20:55   #3737
Team-BHP Support

Just came back from a 900 Km drive on a 2016 Trend which has done 95,000 Km. My colleague who was using this in Ahmadabad, wants to buy something new and since the vehicle is registered in Chandigarh and I was traveling in Gujarat, I drove it back.

We have planned to sell though now I am in two minds now given the way it has aged. Although its only 3 Year old but for some reasons, I used to think that 90-100 K is large running but today's drive change my perception. There is not a single squeak, everything works the same way when it was new. More like a Toyota . Though, we missed taking extended warranty this vehicle is always serviced at FORD Dealerships.

I will keep it for few weeks and then see what's to be done. But this definitely is very assuring for anyone who is considered about longterm reliability, definitely recommended
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190307-8.20.45-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th March 2019 at 21:03.
Turbanator is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 10:54   #3738
Team-BHP Support

Small update-

Originally purchased some months ago (Please don't even ask the prices, I paid too much ) and used on something larger and exotic for a short duration, these tyres were lying unused.

Got these fitted on weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190311-10.49.07-am.jpeg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190311-10.49.08-am.jpeg  

Turbanator is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 19:50   #3739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
How is the truck treating you?

What trips have you been able to undertake so far and how many kms on the odo does it have now?

How has been your after-sales experience, if any yet, thus far?
My experience with my Endeavour 2.2 Titanium has been simply wonderful over the last 11 months and 10,300 KM. I did several long drives, including one from Kolkata to Bhutan & back and another from Kolkata to Vizag & back. The Endy is definitely a major upgrade from my XUV-5oo and I'm really loving it.

I recently got the 10,000 KM service done at Kolkata. The experience was good, but nothing extra-ordinary as compared to my earlier experience with Mahindra and Maruti.

During the 10,000 KM service, engine oil (Shell Helix Ultra Professional 5W-30 AF fully synthetic oil) and filter were changed. Tyres were rotated. Brakes were cleaned using a Brake Cleaner spray can (brake pads were not dismantled). Brake pads / discs were found in ‘almost new’ condition. Some fluid was applied to all door rubber gaskets to prevent hardening. No problems or fault codes were found. No fasteners were tightened. No software was updated (I was expecting at least an update of the Navigation map data). Engine compartment was not washed or cleaned. The quality of washing / cleaning left much to be desired.

Front RHS (driver side) door panel was opened to investigate a kit-kit sound. Nothing specific was found but window glass channels, etc, were lubricated. The sound vanished after this work.

Total cost of the 10,000 KM service was Rs 3,619 [engine oil 8.6 lit : 2659; oil filter : 418; oil drain plug gasket : 42; windshield washer fluid : 59; brake cleaner spray : 205; door gasket lubrication : 236].

I am quite satisfied with the fuel mileage I'm getting -- 10 to 11 kmpl in city and 13+ kmpl on highway (in the plains). I calculate mileage using the tankful to tankful method. I found that the Endy's computer system (trip meter) always shows a higher (by about 10%) mileage.

I have a technical doubt about the Endeavour spare wheel (stepney). While the 4 wheels are 265/60 R18, the stepney is 265/65 R17. The question in my mind is, WHY?

I am well aware of many cars (including some very expensive ones) either not having a spare wheel or having one of smaller size. I can understand the main rationale behind a smaller stepney, which is ease of stowage. But in the Endeavour, the stepney is same in size (diameter and width) as the other wheels. The stowage space under the car accommodates both kind of wheels with equal ease.

Coming to costs, both tyres cost almost the same (the R17 tyre is just about Rs 2,000 cheaper). As far as the steel wheel is concerned, I would think that the cost difference between a 17" and a 18" of the same width would be marginal.

So that brings me back to the original doubt -- WHY?

I would greatly appreciate if any of you is able to shed light on the matter.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th March 2019 at 15:46. Reason: back to back posts merged.
debuda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 10:30   #3740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Small update-

Originally purchased some months ago (Please don't even ask the prices, I paid too much ) and used on something larger and exotic for a short duration, these tyres were lying unused.

Looks great and the car looks all set to climb Mt.Everest . How is the ride and handling? I presume road noise would be higher as well.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 12:33   #3741
Senior - BHPian

This thread needs an update. With the newer version launched with electric powered passenger side seats, start / stop button and a few smaller changes.
Old 13th March 2019, 19:35   #3742
BHPian

Quote:
Small update-

Which size are these? 285 or 275?
Old 13th March 2019, 21:00   #3743
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Looks great and the car looks all set to climb Mt.Everest . How is the ride and handling? I presume road noise would be higher as well.
ha ha, not tried yet. Was to travel long distance this week but something has come up and now may happen next month. Will update here, but going by the experience of Karan, I don't think there should be a problem and when I used these on the larger beast these were as quiet as the OE Yokos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Which size are these? 285 or 275?
285 - the OE size for this
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190220-5.41.32-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 13th March 2019 at 21:02.
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2019, 22:57   #3744
BHPian

Quote:
Will update here, but going by the experience of Karan, I don't think there should be a problem
Eagerly looking forward to this update.

Quote:
when I used these on the larger beast these were as quiet as the OE Yokos.
Because if this is indeed the case, why should I bother with an upgrade to Geolanders when the time comes? If the BFGs are as quiet on the highway (90%) of my running, I'd love to have them.
Mu009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 11:44   #3745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Small update-

Good day.
I guess only you and Karan have presently upgraded to BFG tyres on the Endeavour and Fortuner respectively. As I am a member of the wide WA endeavour group, no one has upgraded to these tyres except for one who has upgraded to Cooper tyres. I plan to upgrade my tyres with stock size but am confused with BFG or Cooper. Have seen many YouTube videos but they are confusing. I know this is not a tyre thread but my question mainly pertains to specific tyres especially for the Endeavour. Can you throw some light on it.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 12:42   #3746
Distinguished - BHPian

Solid upgrade Turbanator

Quote:
285 - the OE size for this
285/60 R18 would have been an aggressive fit, hope no issues in fitment / scrubbing with the mudflaps etc.

Do share your comments/review later on this thread as well;

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...-fortuner.html (Review: BF Goodrich T/A KO2 tyre upgrade for my Toyota Fortuner)

Last edited by karan561 : 14th March 2019 at 12:55.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 13:36   #3747
BHPian

Rated 5 stars! A superb review of a superb car.
It has the looks
It has the ride
It has the equipment
It has the price
And most importantly, it has the engine
What else do you want??
It is easily the best in segment. My unanimous choice if I’m looking for a D2 segment 7 seater SUV!
balderash_12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2019, 22:21   #3748
BHPian

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screen-shot-20190314-10.19.27-pm.png

Looking at the sheer range of colours available on the aussie everest, I hope Ford brings some of these shades here eventually.
Old 15th March 2019, 03:29   #3749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by debuda View Post

Coming to costs, both tyres cost almost the same (the R17 tyre is just about Rs 2,000 cheaper). As far as the steel wheel is concerned, I would think that the cost difference between a 17" and a 18" of the same width would be marginal.

So that brings me back to the original doubt -- WHY?

I would greatly appreciate if any of you is able to shed light on the matter.

Alloy wheels are expensive while steel wheels are much cheaper. The cost of the tyre is negligible. It's the rim that makes it expensive.
Old 15th March 2019, 08:58   #3750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Alloy wheels are expensive while steel wheels are much cheaper. The cost of the tyre is negligible. It's the rim that makes it expensive.
I think the question was "Why not an 18 inch steel wheel?", not alloy v/s steel as you interpreted.
Mu009 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks