Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2016, 20:49   #331
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Found Geolandar A/T-S Size 275/60-R18 at Ludhiana , I don't know much about these but tyre pattern looked good. Size is little wider from OE so it should not be a issue for ODO as well . Paid about 8 K per Tyre and returned back MRF.

With limited ride of 100 Km on new and around same on MRF - I found Yokohama to be far quieter and they soak the imperfections on road much better.Probably worth spending extra.

Some heavy suspension at Rear
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_2377.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_2376.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_2374.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th March 2016 at 20:51.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 20:59   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Found Geolandar A/T-S Size 275/60-R18 at Ludhiana , I don't know much about these but tyre pattern looked good. Size is little wider from OE so it should not be a issue for ODO as well . Paid about 8 K per Tyre and returned back MRF.

With limited ride of 100 Km on new and around same on MRF - I found Yokohama to be far quieter and they soak the imperfections on road much better.Probably worth spending extra.

Congratulations on the Endy !

Very wise decision on opting to discard the MRF's, well done

All the best
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 23:05   #333
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations. When you say, returned back the original tyre, is it to the dealer? Does dealers take back the tyres?
Old 19th March 2016, 23:12   #334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
returned back the original tyre, is it to the dealer? Does dealers take back the tyres?
I meant return to Tyre Dealer from whom I bought Yokohama. It's common to exchange OE tyres with something else at your local tyre Dealer. You can get good prices if vehicle is new . Mine had done 150 when I exchanged.

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th March 2016 at 23:13.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 00:41   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally Picked Trend - White at Pre-Budget Prices , all in all Great experience with Saluja FORD . Very ethical Dealership, will definitely recommend to others from Chandigarh area.
Congrats on the beast brother, looks delicious in white. Great decision to change the crappy Mrf's to Yokohama's. I saw a red Endy a few days back here and the road presence is massive, looks as if a planet is moving on wheels with the big butch imposing front stance.
Have fun and keep us updated on the performance, current gen Fortuner is no match to this Endeavour, one cant keep playing the reliability card every now and then, Ford's are pretty reliable too as per my experience.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 01:42   #336
BHPian

Quote:
It's 4 x 4 Auto 3,2 Trend version.

I got pressure reduced to 32 from 37 or something
Overall mileage came 10 Km/ Ltr on trip of about 100 km with 80 % highway ( two lane though ) and very light foot , I think this might further drop to 8-9 Km/Ltr in case speed is higher.
I have kept the tyre pressure at 35 for all 4 tyres
Last few days running has been only inside city and fuel economy is now showing 5.3 kpl
Old 20th March 2016, 09:19   #337
BHPian

Quote:
I meant return to Tyre Dealer from whom I bought Yokohama. It's common to exchange OE tyres with something else at your local tyre Dealer. You can get good prices if vehicle is new . Mine had done 150 when I exchanged.
Seems a good choice. Just about a little over 1% variation. I presume you changed only the 4 as the spare wheel is of different size altogether.

32k for the upgrade seems value for money.
Old 20th March 2016, 12:27   #338
BANNED

Quote:
I don't know much about these but tyre pattern looked good.
The Geolandars are definitely good tires and I've used them. They will easily last you a minimum of 65k km, offer great grip levels and low road noise. The only catch is their comparatively soft sidewall but for mixed usage, it is not a concern.

Good choice.

Congratulations on the new Endy...!!

BTW, do you still have your 5?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 13:28   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. One more question, with increase in width of the tyre (10 mm), does the tyre protrude out of the wheel well?
Could you please attach a pic from behind the car please.
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 19:21   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post

Can you PM me the details?

I would also like to communicate with them if possible, to see what they are actually able to deliver within the next 6-8 months!
I took their details from http://www.india.ford.com/institutional-sales and also included Anurag Mehrotra's id. Nothing happened on Friday, no reply yet.
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 23:14   #341
BHPian

Had a bit of a bad experience at NOIDA Ford which is situated in sector - 8.

Two three days ago me and my brother went to have a look at the all new endeavour, keeping in mind that if it manages to impress both me and my brother , we would sell off the fortuner and buy it. As soon as we enter there, no one came to greet us. Then, after waiting for a couple of minutes at the reception, a lady came and asked us about our query. We told her that we are here for the endeavour to which she humbly said that sir have a seat someone will come to you in a while, to which we said we are having a glance over the car and send that 'someone' there. After literally examining the car for about 15 - 20 mins, no one came. When we tried to pop open the hood, frankly we got bored waiting for that 'someone' to arrive , only then a salesperson came and asked us to sit. He explained to us the features and that no titanium version is on display, etc. When my brother asked for a test drive, he said there is no vehicle available for test drive, this was surprising to us as a test drive vehicle was standing right in front of us, which we were able to see through large glasses. When i pointed this out to him, he said oh yes yes sir its available, give me 2 mins and i will arrange a test drive. After this no one came, we sat there for like another 20 mins and no one came. Irritated to hell, me and my brother both decided to leave the showroom at once. To our surprises, no one bothered to ask us why we were leaving abruptly or anything else. The salesperson was no where to be seen, and the test drive car (which was parked earlier) was standing in front of us but some other 2 people were sitting in it and were going on a test drive most probably. Those guys were accompanied the receptionist woman who received us earlier. We left in our trustworthy fortuner, more happy and proud than before.

My brother said this exact line," See the difference between ford and toyota, and now you know why toyota sell so much as compared to ford, and why people still choose fortuner when ford 'allegedly' has more value for money product." I had no other option but to accept this fact. I don't intend to offend ford buyers. I agree that its the fault of showroom and not ford but then its the duty of ford to monitor customer handling in their showrooms.

If any ford guy or the showroom people is reading this, not cool guys. You people just lost one potential customer.

Last edited by Piyush46 : 20th March 2016 at 23:15.
Piyush46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 00:04   #342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
do you still have your 5
Sold couple of months back
Quote:
with increase in width of the tyre (10 mm), does the tyre protrude out of the wheel well?
I don't think so .

Quote:
See the difference between ford and toyota, and now you know why toyota sell so much as compared to ford, and why people still choose fortuner when ford 'allegedly' has more value for money product."
I had almost similar experience with both Ford & Toyota before I went to this Dealership at Chandigarh , so you can have bad guys as well good. Looks FORD dealers in NCR are not very keen to sell given ban and the hassles and FORD is doing no good either by giving erratic supplies , with such a capable product and so competitive prices they should have outsold fortuner by a huge factor. Don't get upset , try some different dealership , if you can travel to Chandigarh - I can recommend you some nice guys .

found an excuse to travel and came to Gurgaon in evening , thoroughly enjoyed on way , this is a great cruiser with absolutely no sound or vibrations all the way to speeds that cannot be mentioned here ,it behaves more like a 6 cylinder then a 5 in my opinion & there are no cars with such a capable engine anywhere near, I haven't driven LC Prado - Diesel but can safely assume that this will even beat mighty Toyota. Probably they should have come up with one variant having Air suspension as well Steering itself is so good to grip with small thumb rests as well ,its so light at low speeds or still and gradually gets harder as speed builds.

Few noticeable omissions - antiglare rear view mirror, it hardly costs anything and should have been standard on all variants, mirror on driver visor , No lights for key hole as well switch to adjust side view mirrors which are oddly placed - one has to switch cabin light to find these . I also found head lights to be barely manageable but my reference is with BMW so not all guys might feel these bad. I will have to look for upgrade - any suggestions ? Will I have to get higher lumen lamps or have to change complete assembly.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_2417.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st March 2016 at 00:18.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 01:13   #343
BHPian

Quote:
No lights for key hole as well switch to adjust side view mirrors which are oddly placed - one has to switch cabin light to find these . I also found head lights to be barely manageable but my reference is with BMW so not all guys might feel these bad. I will have to look for upgrade - any suggestions ? Will I have to get higher lumen lamps or have to change complete assembly.
I agree - I was pleased to (still) see that Tata had included the illuminated ignition area and the headlights/foglamps were pretty decent with our new Storme Varicor 400 VX.

The Dicor VX had these, which I thought they omitted in the Storme - also was surprised to see that the side (illuminated) red safety in-door lights were still there as well as the downward ground illumination from each door. (Same light source, I think)

Unfortunately the Titanium is the only model with the Endy that has the outside illumination at the side mirrors, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
My brother said this exact line," See the difference between ford and toyota, and now you know why toyota sell so much as compared to ford, and why people still choose fortuner when ford 'allegedly' has more value for money product." I had no other option but to accept this fact. I don't intend to offend ford buyers. I agree that its the fault of showroom and not ford but then its the duty of ford to monitor customer handling in their showrooms.

If any ford guy or the showroom people is reading this, not cool guys. You people just lost one potential customer.
I have noted this too - but at the Concorde (Tata) showroom.

The Ford dealer whom I have been dealing with is okay, but not as organized/proactive as my Toyota dealer.

Concorde is just off the deep end. They have about 10x more staff than they need, and all of them are doing "time-pass".

Let's hope Ford gets it together soon! They have a good product which they need to sell - unfortunately I couldn't take advantage (so far) due to their shortcomings.
Old 21st March 2016, 08:23   #344
BHPian

Does anyone have updates about delivery schedules? Have they expedited the process for some?
Old 21st March 2016, 10:21   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also found head lights to be barely manageable but my reference is with BMW so not all guys might feel these bad. I will have to look for upgrade - any suggestions ? Will I have to get higher lumen lamps or have to change complete assembly.
You can check OSRAM Nightbreaker+ or the Phillips extreme Vision. These are plug and play and do not require any modifications. The HID's in my Endeavour are doing great job and this is another option which you can consider. However I am not sure if these are available with dealer and how much would these cost.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks