Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2018, 09:05   #3031
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Yes, I use a modified ELM327 based OBD2 adapter with FORScan on PC and Torque Pro app on Android.
Can you suggest the best one we can buy in India and abroad for the endeavour.
Have read a long article on Google about the fake ObD 2 adapters which are sold online for as low as Rs.400.
Need some valuable suggestions.
Old 1st June 2018, 09:11   #3032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Can you suggest the best one we can buy in India and abroad for the endeavour.
Have read a long article on Google about the fake ObD 2 adapters which are sold online for as low as Rs.400.
Need some valuable suggestions.

I bought ELM32 from amazon india for 400-500 bucks. It works as expected with Torque Pro.
Old 1st June 2018, 18:45   #3033
BHPian

New 2019 Ford Everest (2019 Ford Endeavour) to be launched in Thailand in July

According to a new report from Headlightmag, this model will hit the Thai market on 10 July 2018

Thai version will have the following convenience features
  • Smart Keyless Entry
  • Push Start Button
  • Hands-Free Tailgate
http://www.headlightmag.com/ford-everest-minorchange-2-0-bi-turbo-coming-soon-thailand/

Last edited by LionX : 1st June 2018 at 18:53.
LionX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 20:21   #3034
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
You are right. But I think Ford is happy with the way things are going. They are selling roughly 500 units a month while the Fortuner sells in thousands.
They are more advertising and focusing on their smaller cars like Ecosports and the new Freestyle which is just launched.
If they were really worried about the competition with Toyota then they would launch the new Endeavours with newer engines in India. Sadly the newer and powerful engines with a better gearbox will not come to India.
And I also think that they have digested the part that they cannot compete with Toyota service. So let Toyota be Toyota and let us be Ford.
I am happy to buy present engine if they do not hike the price
Old 5th June 2018, 10:01   #3035
BHPian

Just back from a 3100 KM trip. The car performed really well in all conditions. The trip was from Hyderabad to Kerala. The best part I liked was the power delivery and handling in the ghat roads. never expected such a nice handling for such a big car. One of the dual horn stopped working and got replaced from Kerala. the horn is manufactured in China.
Average fuel efficiency for the entire trip was 8.9. In the Ghat section the average fuel efficiency was between 5.2 and 6 .
I strongly recommend all the people to use FasTag for the toll payment. In this trip, all the toll gates were functioning with fastag and I didn't have to stop for making a payment. with this I could save couple of hours in the journey.
anumod is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 11:42   #3036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Average fuel efficiency for the entire trip was 8.9. In the Ghat section the average fuel efficiency was between 5.2 and 6 .
The average seems too low for 2.2L version. I always wanted to go for 2.2L purely for fuel efficiency but I guess its no game changer. May be the ghat section played heavily on overall fuel efficiency.

I get in the range of 9.5 to 10.2 km/l from my 3.2L in Delhi NCR, driving alone but not in peak traffic times. Even on long drive to Jaisalmer, I got close to 9.5 km/l as I chose good pace over efficiency.

Last edited by Wanderers : 5th June 2018 at 11:43.
Wanderers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 12:26   #3037

Completed the Sync3 3.0 . Process is pretty straightforward, used a 16gb pendrive.

Starts with downloading the update zip, extracting it to the pendrive which was formatted to fat32.
Plugged the pd in left usb port of sync3 and after couple of minutes it displayed Updating system.
After about 20 mins, it displayed a confirmation that system was updated and would start the next time car is started.

Post this, getting the Waze app to sync and work was bit of a trial and error method, but make sure you don't switch on Carplay. The first time Waze takes quite some time to load, but subsequent loads are faster.

For me, the Waze ui isn't as smooth as the native navigation of sync. Its possibly cause am using an iPhone 6+.

Overall, there are few UI related changes like font, icons, etc. The navigation app stutters a bit at the start to show animation. Few settings icon are possibly shifted elsewhere, but overall system behaves and acts the same.

If waze is the first one to join, hoping for other applications to start supporting Sync3. From yesterday's Apple's keynote, carplay is now going to allow 3rd party navigation apps from ios 12. Hopefully it doesn't require update on the car end.

Attaching few pics for ref:
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_8175.jpg

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_8178.jpg
dragunov11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 13:51   #3038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunov11 View Post

If waze is the first one to join, hoping for other applications to start supporting Sync3. From yesterday's Apple's keynote, carplay is now going to allow 3rd party navigation apps from ios 12. Hopefully it doesn't require update on the car end.
Waze is not the first. Waze is not even first navigational app to join Ford Applink. Sygic Car Navigation was already available on Ford applink.
Infact Sygic can be used from iOS as well as Android phones unlike Waze, which is only available as of now on iOS.

I also use AccuWeather and Spotify and currently trying to get hold of Ford+Alexa app to control my Echo devices through Sync.

Last edited by Wanderers : 5th June 2018 at 13:53.
Old 6th June 2018, 00:58   #3039
BHPian

I remember Endeavour undercut the pricing of a fortuner by quite a margin. Ford seems has revised pricing at various stages and it is more expensive than the fortuner.
Old 6th June 2018, 12:40   #3040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
I also use AccuWeather and Spotify and currently trying to get hold of Ford+Alexa app to control my Echo devices through Sync.
I have been struggling to get my Apps identified by the Sync3 system on my Endy. It says searching for Apps but then shows up as No Apps Found. What am I doing wrong? Should I turn off Android Auto?

Secondly, I did read somewhere that the latest build of Spotify does not support Ford Sync anymore. Would love to hear more of your experiences.

Cheers!

Quote:
I get in the range of 9.5 to 10.2 km/l from my 3.2L in Delhi NCR, driving alone but not in peak traffic times. Even on long drive to Jaisalmer, I got close to 9.5 km/l as I chose good pace over efficiency.
My average during highway runs is between 10.5 and 11 kmpl. The worst I have got is 9.5kmpl at a very brisk pace.

Just did my first trip to Ooty and back and I averaged 7.5kmpl over the trip. Overall, I am very happy with the mileage for a 3.2 litre 2.5 tonne truck

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid posting consecutively i.e. back-to-back posts. Use the EDIT function within 30 minutes of submitting your first post, instead of posting consecutively.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th June 2018 at 13:12.
Old 6th June 2018, 13:54   #3041
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
I remember Endeavour undercut the pricing of a fortuner by quite a margin. Ford seems has revised pricing at various stages and it is more expensive than the fortuner.
if ford keeps increasing the price, toyota will win the race even though fortuner is not that great compared to Endy

Ford should focus on increasing market share and customers confidence.

Sometimes i fear will they run away like GM
Old 6th June 2018, 14:22   #3042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post
I have been struggling to get my Apps identified by the Sync3 system on my Endy. It says searching for Apps but then shows up as No Apps Found. What am I doing wrong? Should I turn off Android Auto?
Yes for getting Ford Apps, you need to disable Android Auto and CarPlay and enable mobile apps on Sync.
Andriod Auto, Apple CarPlay and Ford Applink are three different platform and any two of them cannot co-exist. Select what you want first. Yes you can keep changing the platform.

Also some of the apps like Waze (On iOS only) and Sygic (On Android and iOS) only works through USB cables. Now Mobile Apps through USB cable enable option is only available in Sync 3 software version 3.0. So you need to upgrade the software.

Still you may not get the app for first time. You may need to do following.

1. Use good quality USB cable with high speed data transfer rate.

2. Please open the app on mobile phone before plugging the USB end to mobile phone. Keep the cable connected to Sync but connect to mobile only after opening the app. You may need to plug-in plug-out couple of times when using the app for first time. Also please ensure that you mobile is in data network.

3. On Android phones, some of the apps can connect through bluetooth itself. For example Accuweather but you need to open the app before enabling bluetooth. Also for some of the apps, only the premium (paid) apps version works with Ford Sync. For ex- Sygic

4. You cannot open some of the apps together. Also Apps keeps on disappearing/reappearing. These are Ford Sync issues for which I am not responsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishsreedharan View Post

Secondly, I did read somewhere that the latest build of Spotify does not support Ford Sync anymore. Would love to hear more of your experiences.
Yes you are right. I continued to see it on Sync as my Spotify app is older version. However of late even though the app appears, it only for audio source selection meaning I cannot browse it. This was unnoticed till recently as I use Spotify through Android Auto rather than through Ford Applink (Bluetooth/USB)

Now, enabling Spotify on Android Auto is another chapter similar to youtube auto (car stream app) and currently in trouble.

Last edited by Wanderers : 6th June 2018 at 14:32.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 14:35   #3043
BHPian

Quote:
The average seems too low for 2.2L version. I always wanted to go for 2.2L purely for fuel efficiency but I guess its no game changer. May be the ghat section played heavily on overall fuel efficiency.

Forgot to mention that, the car was fully packed -- 4 adults and 3 Kids and their luggage. Mine is 4WD one and never driven for efficiency. Out of the 3100 KM 800 KM was Ghat section. On the Ghat section, always was above 2000 RPM and the maximum could go up was only 3rd gear.
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 14:44   #3044
BANNED

I need advice from fellow Endeavour owners regarding renewal of insurance policy. Coverfox gives such wide premium range options, between various insurance providers for same IDV and zero dep. Why shouldn't i go for say Kotak Insurance (Rs. 38000) and rather buy say Bajaj Insurance (Rs. 52000). A difference of Rs.14000.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-1.png  

Old 7th June 2018, 15:11   #3045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
I need advice from fellow Endeavour owners regarding renewal of insurance policy. Coverfox gives such wide premium range options, between various insurance providers for same IDV and zero dep. Why shouldn't i go for say Kotak Insurance (Rs. 38000) and rather buy say Bajaj Insurance (Rs. 52000). A difference of Rs.14000.
I also had same confusion and I didn't went with Ford dealership with Bajaj Allianz this time. I started receiving multiple calls from different insurance service providers and I finally went with ICICI lombard zero dep policy. I don't know what exactly are the pros and cons but I assume any sort of claim will be cashless and hassle free.

BTW when i gave cheque to ICICI the Ford dealer executive came back with a similar offer and was quite disappointed. I told him maybe if he would have told me the figure earlier I would have happily made the payment towards Ford.

Ideally you should try to bargain hard with dealership and at the same time check quotes from other websites. I feel dealership can easily match the quotes but we need to try hard here.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks