Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2018, 23:11   #2716
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I just got TCM updates last week, it is better to ask them to connect the laptop and check in front of you.
Is there anyway to confirm if PCM and ACM is updated to the latest?
Old 4th January 2018, 23:53   #2717
BHPian

I compared the spec sheet from the latest brochure with the brochure from the one available last year. Only thing that I found to be new/different was the addition of a panoramic sunroof on the 2.2. Attaching both the spec sheets.

Even though the brochure and pricelist says that the 2.2 is getting a sunroof, the point to be noted is that there are no new cars being alloted to the dealers (2.2 guise). I talked to a couple of Delhi NCR dealers and everyone stated about the non allocation of the 2.2 as of now.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20180104221323.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-screenshot_20180104221557.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th January 2018 at 21:38. Reason: merging back to back posts.
Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 20:41   #2718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Is there anyway to confirm if PCM and ACM is updated to the latest?
I am not aware of checking the version and updates unless the car is hooked up to Ford software
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2018, 20:44   #2719
VKM
BHPian

Hi there
I'm seriously looking at the Endeavour 4*4 AT. I couldn't find the Isofix in the test drive vehicle and no labels indicating the same, sales guy had no clue. Searched the forum but couldn't find a definitive answer. Current owners pls
let me know if there is Isofix or not.
Thanks in advance!
Old 8th January 2018, 10:07   #2720
BHPian

Does someone know cars manufactured after which date need the PCM update? I went to Elite Ford Bangalore for 2nd service and they mention that there are no updates due for my car. This is a Dec 2016 car.

Last edited by GTO : 9th January 2018 at 08:45. Reason: Awfully typed post
anshuman77 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th January 2018, 11:45   #2721
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So our car had gone to Kerala for the holidays, while returning and as they approached Coimbatore, sound started coming from the rear side.
---
. And this was really a turn around, apparently there was some Ford badging that had come lose from the prop shaft and was hitting somewhere while propshaft was turning. They pulled it out and the sound went away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I had a similar issue about two months back and was told that some cable was loose inside the propeller shaft and the problem was resolved using a cable tie. i dont know which cable as pick up and drop was arranged by Dhone Ford Pune. But i have not had the problem since then
So i guess it was some loose sticker stuff, saw the reminiscence of the same when i checked on the prop shaft.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-62478d3cd17b46f796e20e156b03865c.jpeg

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th January 2018 at 11:48.
Jaggu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:27   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKM View Post
Hi there
I'm seriously looking at the Endeavour 4*4 AT. I couldn't find the Isofix in the test drive vehicle and no labels indicating the same, sales guy had no clue. Searched the forum but couldn't find a definitive answer. Current owners pls
let me know if there is Isofix or not.
Thanks in advance!
No, Endy does not come with ISOFIX. But if you want you can install an aftermarket ISOFIX bracket, link below

aftermarket-isofix-brackets-child-seat

A good read: http://kidsincars.blogspot.in/search/label/LATCH
Czarcarsm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 19:26   #2723
BHPian

What are the basic and advanced mods available for the ford endeavour. Also what mods have all the previous owners attempted and what are your opinions regarding that? I'm thinking of buying a tuning box of some sort. So any suggestions regarding that would be appreciated.
Old 9th January 2018, 20:20   #2724
BHPian

To those who bought the 2.2 Endeavour -
Were you able to do a test drive? I have been wanting to compare the 3.2 and 2.2 before deciding which one to buy and absolutely no ford dealer in and around Delhi seems to have 2.2 for test drive.
Old 9th January 2018, 20:29   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramitn View Post
That denotes a moonroof
Is this the mid life update we were waiting for? I mean I am looking to buy an Endeavour but all the news of a revamp make me think. Anyone knows when the new one may be out?
Old 9th January 2018, 21:18   #2726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
Is this the mid life update we were waiting for? I mean I am looking to buy an Endeavour but all the news of a revamp make me think. Anyone knows when the new one may be out?
I am too holding off right now, The amount of changes the ford is doing really makes me feel an updated version might come soon, The car would be i guess 2 year old next month which makes sense to add a few more features and advertise the car,

I really don't want to buy the car now & then an updated version is launched few months down the line, Rather ill wait.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 21:30   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I am too holding off right now, The amount of changes the ford is doing really makes me feel an updated version might come soon, The car would be i guess 2 year old next month which makes sense to add a few more features and advertise the car,

I really don't want to buy the car now & then an updated version is launched few months down the line, Rather ill wait.
+1

I really hope that Ford India goes ahead with an LCI & provides the Endeavour with the following:

• full LED/Xenon headlamps & fog lamps
• passive keyless entry & go
• black/brown interior colour option
• steering reach adjustment
• driver knee airbag for the 2.2L Titanium
AShubrah is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 07:33   #2728
BHPian

Update: My car has done 45k kms and since i'm started a drive to Sikkim and Bhutan (10k kms round trip) decided to replace my brake pads and change engine oil too before the trip. The SA just changed the rear brake pads and said my front brake pads may last for another 20k kms. Updated both PCM and ACM. I could feel some difference in gear shifts but not much. Also changed my tires to Yokohama Geolander AT G015 with the stock size (launched in India just a month back) and should say the difference is huge. The ride is now very comfortable compared to MRF's. The truck is planted and gives a lot of confidence in higher speed and during cornering. Fuel consumption though has increased by 3-5% compared to MRF's.
Harshavarthan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 09:26   #2729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Update: My car has done 45k kms and since i'm started a drive to Sikkim and Bhutan (10k kms round trip) decided to replace my brake pads and change engine oil too before the trip. The SA just changed the rear brake pads and said my front brake pads may last for another 20k kms. Updated both PCM and ACM. I could feel some difference in gear shifts but not much. Also changed my tires to Yokohama Geolander AT G015 with the stock size (launched in India just a month back) and should say the difference is huge. The ride is now very comfortable compared to MRF's. The truck is planted and gives a lot of confidence in higher speed and during cornering. Fuel consumption though has increased by 3-5% compared to MRF's.
Thanks for posting this experience. A few questions:
1. How much disc thickness did you have on front and rear prior to rear being replaced ? Also, how much did it cost you ?
2. Are Geolanders also more noisy (understand the comfort and higher grip aspect) than the stock MRFs ? Also, how much did it cost you and what did you do about the spare ?
Old 10th January 2018, 13:00   #2730
BHPian

Was there any 3.2 4x4 AT without sunroof? Looking to buy from one of my known. When I looked at the spec from ford India, it mentions sunroof.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks