Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 16:23   #1666

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Hi Guys,

I changed my mind and went for the 3.2 titanium as 2.2 titanium was scheduled to be delivered sometime in end of march or beginning of April. 3.2 titanium 2017 was being delivered in 4 days, so just went for it as impulse took over lol.

I am planning a trip to the mountains in a few days, so wanted to take the beast with me, but was worried about running in part of the car. Is it advisable to take the car the very next day of the delivery to the mountains (not off roading) or shall I fight the temptation and let it run in in plains for a few thousand kilo meters and then take a trip in it?

Your help will be appreciated.
Arjz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 16:31   #1667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post

I am planning a trip to the mountains in a few days, so wanted to take the beast with me, but was worried about running in part of the car.
As long as you keep it within reasonable limits there is absolutely no issue in taking a new vehicle to mountains, even if it is during running in.

1- Do read and understand clearly if there are any manufacturer recommended practices for running-in.

2- Give some time so that you also are well acquainted with the dimensions and dynamics of the new vehicle, take it easy.

3- Do visual examinations at each stop for anything obviously amiss and worst case keep a list of nearest Ford service in your route.

4- Go through threads on running in Team-BHP to have an understanding of do's and don't and most common mistake.

5- Most important have fun and enjoy the trip!
Jaggu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 19:39   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjz View Post
Hi Guys,

I changed my mind and went for the 3.2 titanium as 2.2 titanium was scheduled to be delivered sometime in end of march or beginning of April. 3.2 titanium 2017 was being delivered in 4 days, so just went for it as impulse took over lol.

I am planning a trip to the mountains in a few days, so wanted to take the beast with me, but was worried about running in part of the car. Is it advisable to take the car the very next day of the delivery to the mountains (not off roading) or shall I fight the temptation and let it run in in plains for a few thousand kilo meters and then take a trip in it?

Your help will be appreciated.
Congrats and wishing you happy miles.

Remember the AT gearbox will be tight during the initial days so very light foot is recommended during the run in.

The manual also mentions that if you are climbing up hills, S mode is recommended so please keep that in mind.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 18th January 2017 at 19:41.
Old 18th January 2017, 21:36   #1669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2.2 titanium was scheduled to be delivered sometime in end of march
That's news, have they again messed with Kits or your dealer tried to sell you 3,2 but I am happy that you went for 3,2.

Quote:
I am planning a trip to the mountains in a few days, so wanted to take the beast with me
Don't worry, it should not matter. Besides nearest hill station from Noida will be at least 200 Km. I think FORD bench runs engines just ensure you vary your speeds/ RPM's. If you have not owned a large vehicle like this before than better drive locally for few weeks just to have an idea of dimensions and overall feel.

coming to mine truck, after taking delivery, I went overseas and the truck was sitting at home. Did a 200 Km drive from Chandigarh - Ludhiana and back. Got a mileage of 11.8. Drive was 80 % highway and rest city. Speeds varied between 90-110.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endv-pm.jpeg  

Turbanator is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 22:46   #1670
BHPian

I was wondering if I could add bird eye view to the truck and stumbled upon this video on youtube.

I checked with the vendor and he said its a plug and play interface called android touch box and it costs 37000 Baht including shipping(package includes a pnp box and additional cameras).
This will add android interface and bird view while retaining sync 3.
This one looks like a very worthy upgrade.
I am waiting for the wiring diagram and other technical details from this vendor.
Attaching a picture of the hardware sent by the vendor.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_4027.jpg  

kedarwalke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 15:52   #1671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That's news, have they again messed with Kits or your dealer tried to sell you 3,2 but I am happy that you went for 3,2.
I think they have messed again with the kits, as I had called up almost all the dealers personally from Gurgaon to Chandigarh all of them are saying the same thing, that there is no surety when 2.2 will come as its not under production. Also the news regarding the updates were false, my broker got it confused with the eco sport which is having alloys and Head unit upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Don't worry, it should not matter. Besides nearest hill station from Noida will be at least 200 Km. I think FORD bench runs engines just ensure you vary your speeds/ RPM's. If you have not owned a large vehicle like this before than better drive locally for few weeks just to have an idea of dimensions and overall feel.

coming to mine truck, after taking delivery, I went overseas and the truck was sitting at home. Did a 200 Km drive from Chandigarh - Ludhiana and back. Got a mileage of 11.8. Drive was 80 % highway and rest city. Speeds varied between 90-110.
Regarding the size I am pretty comfortable as I have been driving only SUV's majority of my life. You're getting quite a decent mileage especially on a new car. My only concern with the 3.2 was the mileage but I guess keeping a light foot would help in maintaining that

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
Congrats and wishing you happy miles.

Remember the AT gearbox will be tight during the initial days so very light foot is recommended during the run in.

The manual also mentions that if you are climbing up hills, S mode is recommended so please keep that in mind.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I guess I'll have to read the manual thoroughly before taking off on the trip just to be on the safe side and be fully aware of the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
As long as you keep it within reasonable limits there is absolutely no issue in taking a new vehicle to mountains, even if it is during running in.

1- Do read and understand clearly if there are any manufacturer recommended practices for running-in.

2- Give some time so that you also are well acquainted with the dimensions and dynamics of the new vehicle, take it easy.

3- Do visual examinations at each stop for anything obviously amiss and worst case keep a list of nearest Ford service in your route.

4- Go through threads on running in Team-BHP to have an understanding of do's and don't and most common mistake.

5- Most important have fun and enjoy the trip!
Thanks for your input. Will keep those points in mind. The car arrived today from Chennai, so going for delivery tomorrow. I booked the Smoke Grey colour as that or the Red colour was the only option for quick delivery. Hope the colour is as per the expectations. Will post pics tomorrow.

Again thank you all for your valuable input.

Last edited by Arjz : 19th January 2017 at 16:13.
Arjz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 22:58   #1672
BHPian

There are much cheaper versions of bird view camera setup in aliexpress.com, you may want to give them a try. This is very expensive around 70K.

I was just thinking to connect front camera for better view.
niv26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 09:27   #1673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sadly the system has still not been shipped and they are expected to ship out to everyone by end of Q1 2017.
Isn't this a PreOrder or are your referring to something else?

https://in.exploride.com
Old 20th January 2017, 11:42   #1674
BHPian

Finally the beauty comes home . traditional pooja at the dealer and then the ritual at mandir did not give much time for a long drive . Ready to be Endyiiing now.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_10081.jpg  

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-img_10151.jpg  

Deepu Sharma is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 12:43   #1675
BHPian

Endy wins the Autocar premium SUV of the year beating Fortuner...
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...17-403997.aspx
sknair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 13:04   #1676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepu Sharma View Post
Finally the beauty comes home . traditional pooja at the dealer and then the ritual at mandir did not give much time for a long drive . Ready to be Endyiiing now.
Congratulations.. looks like you got your beast from Noida ford my neighbour lol. Hope you have many happy safe and memorable rides ahead in this beauty.
Arjz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 22:37   #1677

Hey guys finally got my beast today .. was soo excited thar forgot to take pictures . Anyways will take tomorrow. Btw I want help in getting Google maps on sync 3. I connected my android phone and switched on Android auto but am not able to get Google maps on the screen. Please lay your wisdom upon me so I can navigate safely.
Old 21st January 2017, 13:36   #1678
BHPian

Got my 10K service done today. Oil and filter change, 3900 bucks. I was with the car while service was being done, no other checks were done. Looks like their wheel alignment machine is not working correctly, advised me to get the alignment done outside.

I am assuming wheel rotation, alignment and balancing to be done. Anyone else have done it so far?
Can I take the car to Michelin tyre shops, would they have the software to do the alignment correctly for endy?
sknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2017, 13:52   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Got my 10K service done today. Oil and filter change, 3900 bucks. I was with the car while service was being done, no other checks were done. Looks like their wheel alignment machine is not working correctly, advised me to get the alignment done outside.

I am assuming wheel rotation, alignment and balancing to be done. Anyone else have done it so far?
Can I take the car to Michelin tyre shops, would they have the software to do the alignment correctly for endy?
1. Where did you get Service done? Asking as they are supposed to carry the xx point check per the checklist and provide a copy of that to you with the bill. All other fluids also should be topped if level found low. Includes windshield washers and coolant.

2. Yes. The wheel alignment should be done. Ideally at every 5k kms but 10k is fine too.

I got the wheel alignment done at Madhus on Richmond Road/Double Road and they had the New Endeavour data loaded in the system. Unless you live too far it would be good for you to visit.
Old 21st January 2017, 14:44   #1680
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
The wheel alignment should be done. Ideally at every 5k kms but 10k is fine too.
I have a different take- "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" If Truck does not pull or there are no vibrations in steering or otherwise I won't touch. Perhaps at 30K or so I may be tempted to get checked but won't adjust if there is not much difference. Of course, this is possible when you drive with utmost care and have some kind of connect with your vehicle.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st January 2017 at 14:45.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks