Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2017, 22:23   #1651
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcarsm View Post
- As you may know Ford vehicles typically have the 12v socket powered even when vehicle is switched off....
- he said he can route the wire through the roof upholstery down A pillar etc. Will try next time I am in Kochi.
- I am not sure if the warranty will be affected. I need to check with local Ford SA. The auto electrical designers always account for such low power extra fittings.
Thank you Czar. Wow! didn't know the 12v socket doesn't get cut-off with ignition. I'll check if that's the case on the endeavor tomorrow. I guess i'll avoid going anywhere close to the fuse and stick to the 12v socket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPION View Post
I wish I could have put in some snaps, but I am out of India for some time. Hope this helps. There are several separate threads here on dash cam wiring.
Thank you scorpion. Ya, been reading some of those threads too. By the way which dash cam are you using?
Old 17th January 2017, 10:17   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
I have been using a dascam with endy for last 7 months, I leave the cam connected mostly. After couple of hours, the power to the 12 volt sockets get cut off. No issues so far.
Thank you. Looks like new Endy has battery drain protection. So may be following the method by SCORPION is good enough for Endy. It helps to hide the dangling wires as well.
Old 17th January 2017, 13:21   #1653
BHPian

Price hike has been updated on Ford website now.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-ford.jpg  

Old 17th January 2017, 13:32   #1654
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ford is planning to do some upgrades to the 2017 model endeavour.
I don't see any upgrade or changes in overseas models so it will be difficult to believe on this news. Best case, they can put Sync 3 in Trend also. If you are buying Titanium I don't think they can add much perhaps 230 V supply
Old 17th January 2017, 17:11   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don't see any upgrade or changes in overseas models so it will be difficult to believe on this news. Best case, they can put Sync 3 in Trend also. If you are buying Titanium I don't think they can add much perhaps 230 V supply
Compared to Indian variants, International models are already equipped with more features. So we may not see much changes in overseas models for now. May be Ford will add BLIS and cross traffic alert to Titanium variants and Sync 3 to Trend.
Recently Haryana Government has made it mandatory for new four-wheeled transport vehicles in the state to be equipped with auto-dippers. so they may be thinking about adding 'auto high beam' as well.
Old 17th January 2017, 18:23   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Compared to Indian variants, International models are already equipped with more features. So we may not see much changes in overseas models for now. May be Ford will add BLIS and cross traffic alert to Titanium variants and Sync 3 to Trend.
Recently Haryana Government has made it mandatory for new four-wheeled transport vehicles in the state to be equipped with auto-dippers. so they may be thinking about adding 'auto high beam' as well.
Auto High Beam already exists in Titanium - though only in the Auto Lamp mode - the last setting of lamp switch. So I guess they will have to bring it to Trend to be in line with the law.
Old 17th January 2017, 18:52   #1657
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BLIS and cross traffic alert to Titanium variants and Sync 3 to Trend
Negative, As of now there is no communication by FORD to its dealers on any changes for MY 17. Confirmed from a reliable source. Lane change and cross traffic does not make a sense in present Indian traffic conditions, more than a feature this will be a nuisance given the way how close we drive. Perhaps some more Years and to begin with on highways. There is no plan to give Sync 3 to Trend at the moment. They want to have some key differentiators in both variants, which is understandable.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 19:51   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Lane change and cross traffic does not make a sense in present Indian traffic conditions, more than a feature this will be a nuisance given the way how close we drive
BLIS & Cross traffic alert should be good have in any traffic conditions. I guess you meant Lane keep assist & Lane departure warning

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 19:53   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Auto High Beam already exists in Titanium - though only in the Auto Lamp mode - the last setting of lamp switch. So I guess they will have to bring it to Trend to be in line with the law.
Are you sure about this ? i couldn't find it in the brochure. Does it automatically switch from High beam to Low and vice versa ?
Old 17th January 2017, 20:04   #1660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BLIS
Quote:
Lane keep assist & Lane departure warning
Yes, I was driving 2016 MDX for a while till last week

I think this is FORD's marketing term for blind spot monitor, please go through the videos you posted and tell me what will happen when you are driving on Indian highways

Yes, Cross Traffic alert is useful but again think about a parking spot in any metro given how close we park to each other. Right of way here is more to do with Size of your vehicle then anything else.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 21:55   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioAbraham View Post
Thank you scorpion. Ya, been reading some of those threads too. By the way which dash cam are you using?
No brand name mentioned on it. Bought it off ebay for about Rs.2800/- about a year ago. Serves the purpose though. I am looking for another one now because it lacks a wide angle lens. About 15% of the bonnet lies outside the frame when its fixed on the windshield behind the rear view mirror. So am on the lookout for a better one. Right now leaning towards the Transcend Drivepro series.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 23:21   #1662
BHPian

And some more questions:

1. Has anyone installed a 'non-Ford' front nudge bar? If so, could you post some pics pls? If in Mumbai, where from?

2. Anyone installed a rear nudge bar/bull bar? Would love to see pics.

3. 3M Nomad mats OR the Ali Express (checkered pattern) mats?

4. 3M paint protection film - is it really useful? If so, what parts to cover?

5. What's the deal with dashcams? What's the appeal? I see so many of you installing them or asking about them. Genuinely curious to know.

6. Any other accessories that you really feel are useful to have?

I'm getting ready to get 'her' home this Friday. Oh, and last question:

7. Any name suggestions for the beast? Its Grey
Old 18th January 2017, 09:39   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Are you sure about this ? i couldn't find it in the brochure. Does it automatically switch from High beam to Low and vice versa ?
Page 50 of the Owner Manual - Automatic High Beam Control.

High beam comes on if there is no vehicle coming towards, or if the light sensors detect dark stretch ahead. Switches off whenever it notices light or any oncoming vehicle. Low beam has to be on for it to work. Essentially, both are different beams and hence High Beam comes on while the Low Beam is also on. They do not switch between each other like in case of Single Headlamp vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
And some more questions:
3. Ali Express Mats are way better than the 3M ones. 3M does not cover the entire carpet and look very crude and ugly. AliExpress Mats are well contoured and cover all of carpet area. Very easy to clean too.

4. 3M paint protection film - For Bumpers, Headlamps, Door Steps and Door Handles - Yes. Hood - if you can live with 2 piece work as the width is more than the 3M PPF roll width. Very expensive - all of the above will cost between 50 to 60 k.

6. Way back on this thread, I have listed a set of accessories I have - LED lamps for OEM replacement of License plate lamps. LED Lamps for replacement of puddle lamps. Jump Starter Battery.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 18th January 2017 at 10:09.
Old 18th January 2017, 10:50   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
And some more questions:

4. 3M paint protection film - is it really useful? If so, what parts to cover?

5. What's the deal with dashcams? What's the appeal? I see so many of you installing them or asking about them. Genuinely curious to know.

6. Any other accessories that you really feel are useful to have?
3M: I had picked up a 1-year plan with 3M for my previous car - Verna (black) in 2015. It came along with a bunch of things like waxing, paint protect, anti-bacterial interior cleaning, paint protect and few washes. I was able to get a little premium while selling it because the buyers felt the car had a well-maintained interior & exterior. Not sure if it was just the paint protector, or was it the combination with waxing, but the exteriors did have a good feel to it even after 3.5 years. I haven't done it yet for the endeavor.

Dashcam: I drive in a stretch where every week someone gets hit by a 'speeding' car. The real cause may not be just speeding but a serious jaywalking problem. While there are foot over bridges, there are too many 'smart' people who think foot overbridges were built for boring people. It’s also a bigger concern that pedestrians are never kept in mind in India when these roads are planned! (do they even plan?) These jaywalkers cross at will and even if they are touched by a car, the driver is immediately termed as a reckless drunkard. Bigger your car, the more irresponsible you are considered and become a suitable candidate for money grabbing.

Yes, driving cautiously is the real solution and a no brainer but a dashcam could be an added insurance from getting into deep trouble. There are a few threads where bhpians talk about how their dashcam video showed what happened to the cops. I think some of the cams even record your driving speed and audio. Apart from it, it also has an added appeal to those who are interested in videography.

Last edited by StudioAbraham : 18th January 2017 at 10:52. Reason: typo
Old 18th January 2017, 11:24   #1665
BHPian

I am using the Ford Nudge Bar, unaware of any aftermarket fitments..no rear bar available as per my knowledge.

I am using 3M Nomads, very happy with the results. Recommend it.

Had done PPF all across the car barring the Roof, have posted it earlier in the thread, set me back by 1.38 L

Total Car Care Package is around 22000 and is a very good package to have, helps keep your car well maintained throughout the year.

I have ordered "Exploride" a Dashcam with a Feature to pair your phone and offers Google Maps as Navigation, Gesture Recognition etc. Sadly the system has still not been shipped and they are expected to ship out to everyone by end of Q1 2017.

Other Accessories I opted for was the Car Tracker, Illuminated Scuff Plates. Weather Shields too is a nice feature to have

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks