Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:04   #1561
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

BHPian anumod has this to share:

Quote:
Got my car delivered yesterday. For other BHPians who are taking delivery of old Trend variants of the Endeavour, please tell them to:

1) Get the underbody coating done - mild rust might be seen on the spot welding on chassis.

2) Check the tyres - they can have hairline cracks from being unused and being exposed to the elements for long.

3) Check the windshield strip - it might have got loosened.

If it's possible, please post this so that others might benefit from my observations.
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 21:33   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That sounds low, though it is a big engine and an AT. What speeds on the highway? Are you a sedate or a spirited driver?
How many km has your Endy done?
My Endeavour has done about 5000. The speeds on highway are between 100 and 130 depending on traffic. Occasional bursts to 140 - 150. I am a rather spirited driver being used to a very responsive Civic AT for a long time.

When you say low, did you mean the figures should be higher? I think if I keep within 120, there will be a slight increase.

Also lately on highways and also at times in the city I have started watching the consumption bar and let go of the throttle at time to let it climb where the road permits. This trick was told to me by the Master Technician at Ford and seems to work to improve mileage.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:36   #1563
BHPian

I have taken delivery of Trend 2.2 AT, initially booked Innova Crysta Zx/AT but the mouthwatering discounts on Endeavor pulled me as I drive myself and really don't like Taxi image of Innova(it was more of family decision than mine initially). Now I listened to heart than brain and bought Endy.
Thanks to the forum to make this decision, though I am not much active participant but learnt a lot from this forum.
If anyone care, I have got the price of 26.3 (including insurance/zero-dip which bought outside). You can use this price in your negotiation and may get better price as we entered to 2017 now.
niv26 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 11:35   #1564
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
My Endeavour has done about 5000.
So, it is still to bed in completely. Lets see once it crosses the 10k mark.

Quote:
The speeds on highway are between 100 and 130 depending on traffic. Occasional bursts to 140 - 150. I am a rather spirited driver being used to a very responsive Civic AT for a long time.

When you say low, did you mean the figures should be higher? I think if I keep within 120, there will be a slight increase.
They aren't bad for your kind of driving, but they should be higher by at least a km is what I feel. Can do a drive at 120 the next time you have time and try to record the figures?

Quote:
Also lately on highways and also at times in the city I have started watching the consumption bar and let go of the throttle at time to let it climb where the road permits. This trick was told to me by the Master Technician at Ford and seems to work to improve mileage.
It should, but not significantly.
This trick is also used by Volvo drivers on long distances.

The bar you observe is the Real Time Fuel consumption indicator.
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:26   #1565
BHPian

I have bought a Ford Endeavour from the pre-owned market. It is a 2.2 AT Titanium in white, with Body Graphics running along both sides of the vehicle. In addition, I got a Cargo Liner, the Nudge Bar, LED scuff plates and Carpet floor mats in black. It is a May 2016 vehicle; hence I have a 0% depreciation insurance until May 2017. I have also got the extended warranty until May 2019. The truck has run 7000 kilometres and is in immaculate condition. I took the delivery on Wednesday the 28th. of December 2016. I have given it to 3M yesterday and should get it back today. Hopefully looking even greater. No doubt it is one hell of a handsome vehicle.
Marcus Brutus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:34   #1566
BHPian

Congrats. In which city did you buy this and what did it cost you if I may ask?
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:46   #1567
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Brutus View Post
I have bought a Ford Endeavour from the pre-owned market.
Now thats called taking full advantage of depreciation.

Very good decision. If you dont mind, could you please let us know how much you paid for it?

And yes, waiting for pictures of the inside and outside.
Old 3rd January 2017, 22:21   #1568
BHPian

Did anyone tried to fit Nudge Bar? From Ford web page, it costs 35.6K for Trend and 51.3K for Titanium. I am wondering what would be the difference ?
https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ende...overlay-1.html

Does Titanium version has front sensors ? that can be fit to Trend ? Any idea.
Old 4th January 2017, 09:15   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Congrats. In which city did you buy this and what did it cost you if I may ask?
Quote:
Now thats called taking full advantage of depreciation.
Friends, I purchased the Endeavour in Bombay. I paid a sum of Rs.29,05000, of that the 3000 was for the transfer of Registration and the 2000 was for the transfer of Insurance. All in all after having the vehicle for a week I feel I have done all right, as the previous owner has spent a bit on accessories which I may have bought myself (the accessories are not exactly cheap).

Last edited by ampere : 4th January 2017 at 09:30.
Marcus Brutus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 10:09   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Did anyone tried to fit Nudge Bar? ..... I am wondering what would be the difference ?

Does Titanium version has front sensors ? that can be fit to Trend ? Any idea.
Yes, I have one fitted since the day I took delivery of my truck. The Titanium has front sensors which get obstructed if you install the Trend nudge bar. This forces you to keep the sensors switched off.

The Titanium nudge bars come with a sensor kit, thus the extra cost. Integrates well while keeping your truck fully functional.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 12:28   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
The Titanium nudge bars come with a sensor kit
Thanks. Can we fit the same to Trend variant and get front sensors enabled.

The dealer don't agree, but wondering what is the limitation as long as 'sync2' system integrated properly.
Old 4th January 2017, 13:20   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
Thanks. Can we fit the same to Trend variant and get front sensors enabled.

The dealer don't agree, but wondering what is the limitation as long as 'sync2' system integrated properly.
This I believe would need additional wiring and also updates to the Sync. Additionally trend does not have parking sensor on/off button which also need to be added. It should still be possible, but may not be plug and play and might turn out to be quite expensive. Why not get sensors outside Ford?You should be able to fit one for about 3-4K.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 17:08   #1573
BHPian

Need opinion on insurance from the group (2.2 Trend 4X4 MT):

Option 1: Take insurance from the dealer. After much discussion, this is the best offer

Premium: Rs. 67,000
Insurer: Future Generali
Advantage: Cashless cover at Ford Service Centres
Disadvantage: Not sure about quality of service of Future Generali (but does it matter if it is cashless?). Also, zero dep claims limited to max 2 a year

Option 2: Take cover separately

Premium 58,500
Insurer: HDFC
Advantage: Lower premium, unlimited zero dep claims (for stuff like windshield etc), better insurer (I think)
Disadvantage: No cashless facility with Ford. So I will have to pay and claim later

Both plans are Zero Dep + Engine Protect + NCB Protection (+ other features like key replacement etc)

Please advise....
Old 4th January 2017, 17:46   #1574
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSomeday View Post
Both plans are Zero Dep + Engine Protect + NCB Protection (+ other features like key replacement etc)

Please advise....
Though I have been a happy customer for Future Generali for a few years now, the premium difference of 9k coupled with the limitation of 2 zero dep claims per annum doesnt cut it for me.

Have you spoken to the Co directly? I suspect something fishy here.
Old 4th January 2017, 18:44   #1575
BHPian

Quote:
Though I have been a happy customer for Future Generali for a few years now, the premium difference of 9k coupled with the limitation of 2 zero dep claims per annum doesnt cut it for me.

Have you spoken to the Co directly? I suspect something fishy here.
I did speak with Future Generali directly, and seems they don't offer cover for this car in Mumbai directly....only through Ford.

Also, the 2 claims per year (zero dep) is the usual standard among insurers - HDFC is one of the exceptions that offers unlimited claims. As such, i don't see myself making more than that number of claims too.

So, to me, the moot point is - is cashless facility worth 9k extra? With FG, I don't need to worry about the claims, with HDFC, I'll have to pay and claim from the insurer.

What say?

I remember someone in the group had taken an HDFC cover. Not sure who it was. Were you okay with no cashless facility?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks