Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2016, 11:14   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The AMT version of the Tiago will be launched by mid-2017, after the Hexa and the Kite5 launches.

The Magneti-Marelli sourced AMT boxes will be paired to the Tiago's petrol versions.

NDTV Auto
They should also look at Launching Diesel AMT, that will give them 1st Mover Advantage. Since AMT is relatively cheaper then TC, CVT, DSG Tata can only increase its appeal further. Small Diesel Automatic is the need of the hour especially in Metro's. Hope Tata realises this.

When i was asked for Feedback regarding Tiago after some weeks of Purchase in August, I had suggested Automatic Version (Especially the Diesel).
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 15:48   #1262
BHPian

I am going to put this in my ownership thread when I am done with that.

Meanwhile I noticed one thing with Tiago. If you don't use the car for a couple of days, it goes into hibernation mode - ie it disables the remote sensor. You have to manually open the door.

The car was not used for some time. It refused to start. I thought it was in deep slumber. Checked the roof light and it was off too.

So called up the toll free line and they held the line for nearly 10 minutes. They passed on from one entity to another until they reached the OMR Concorde and a mechanic was dispatched in quick time. He landed up at my door in a battered Sumo Grande. He jump started the car with his battery. All is well now. May be the car was used in the nights with AC on and the headlights on which may have drained the battery.

So the hibernation mode alone is not enough to preserve the charge in the battery. You do need to drive around a bit.
Prowler is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 17:12   #1263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I am going to put this in my ownership thread when I am done with that.

Meanwhile I noticed one thing with Tiago. If you don't use the car for a couple of days, it goes into hibernation mode - ie it disables the remote sensor. You have to manually open the door.

The car was not used for some time. It refused to start. I thought it was in deep slumber. Checked the roof light and it was off too.
Which variant you have ?

How many days was the car kept idle ?

I am asking this because, my Tiago was not used for 3 days (Monday to Wednesday), I was off to Bengaluru. But Yesterday evening it started on 1st Attempt. I have not faced this issue & the Hibernation Mode is a new thing for me. Mine is Diesel XE version BTW

Thanks for discovering & sharing it here.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 17:38   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I have also observed same thing just once or twice with my Zest. If I remember correctly, it was observed after three weeks of not using the car in one instance.
Vishal.R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 21:52   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R View Post
I have also observed same thing just once or twice with my Zest. If I remember correctly, it was observed after three weeks of not using the car in one instance.
Hi,
I had my Zest sent to the workshop twice in the first 2 months for the same reason. The battery wasn't drained but the Remote refused to start. They connected the computer and found no fault. On the third complaint they went to the Tata engineer who said that the remote has a design feature that puts the remote to sleep if not used for a few days. there is a procedure to wake it up. But I simply open the door with the key and the remote is back online. Don't forget to press unlock before you insert the key in ignition though. this trick has worked for me for last 6 months without any glitches..
Thanks,
Priyadarshan
priyadarshan.b is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2016, 09:32   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Which variant you have ?

How many days was the car kept idle ?

I am asking this because, my Tiago was not used for 3 days (Monday to Wednesday), I was off to Bengaluru. But Yesterday evening it started on 1st Attempt. I have not faced this issue & the Hibernation Mode is a new thing for me. Mine is Diesel XE version BTW

Thanks for discovering & sharing it here.
Mine is a petrol XT. The car lapses into Sleep mode when not used for 2 days. Only indication is it will refuse to open the car by remote. You need to manually open the door by the key. And then everything is normal.

There is a red legend in the display panel which shows a door when the car is in normal mode. When it enters sleep mode, the legend is not turned on.
Prowler is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 10:11   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Just read the other day on a popular entertainment page that prices have again been hiked for the Tiago? Is that a fact or fiction? To the best of my knowledge, there has already been two hikes post launch and if this third hike is "fact", then rough days are ahead for sure.
Old 15th November 2016, 16:03   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Just read the other day on a popular entertainment page that prices have again been hiked for the Tiago? Is that a fact or fiction? To the best of my knowledge, there has already been two hikes post launch and if this third hike is "fact", then rough days are ahead for sure.
I took delivery just last week so can confirm that this is not the case. It's 5.75 OTR in Pune.

I feel that TML should not increase the price anymore as the VFM-ness of the price is one of the key reasons why we booked this and not the Grand i10. If the pricing of the Tiago inches closer to the Grand i10 (the top-end variants of both), it would not remain competitive as the i10 has a better engine and interior quality as well.

Tata, you better not start becoming greedy just because bookings are rolling in.

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 15th November 2016 at 16:11.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th November 2016, 14:50   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
Tata, you better not start becoming greedy just because bookings are rolling in.
I do agree. After a long struggle they managed to get some popularity for a single car in their showroom. I would rather like to see a price hike after 2 years with a facelift and with some added features. By that time they will have Hexa, Nexon, Kite-5 and Pelican in their showroom.
basubhatta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 15:00   #1270

I booked a Tiago XZ Diesel on 28th October, and yesterday received a call informing that vehicle has been alloted, and been asked to get the loan docs in order. Not sure what alloted meant? I saw somewhere on this forum that we should avoid buying a new car in December. Since the vehicle has been allocated, and most probably will be delivered in the next two weeks, is it okay to take delivery? But that is not the reason I write today. When I booked at that time they had told a waiting period of 4 months, but this has not even completed a month now. In the interim, I also booked the Baleno Delta Petrol, with a six months waiting period. The intention was to take whichever came first, but now wifey only wants the Baleno, as she feels it can comfortably seat 5 adults. I am now confused and torn between available Tiago and a bit distant Baleno. A friend also recommended, a used 2012 i20 for 3.8L, and being a first time buyer, I am seriously confused. Any pointers which way I should go? Thanks in advance.
Old 20th November 2016, 20:24   #1271

Hi guys,

Got delivery of my tiago revotron xz yesterday after 16 weeks' of booking one. The experience with Concorde Velachery, Chennai has been satisfactory. Only glitch was the absence of bonnet hook retaining rubber pin/hook on the bonnet underside. Sales guy promised to fix it during first checkup. Promptly went for a 300 km mixed city and highway drive for a family function today.

PROS

1. Awesome ride quality, simply dismissed bad roads without sweat.

2. AC is bone chilling even when blower is at 1.

3. Fantastic internal and ORVMs, can't miss anything behind.

4. Steering feel is confidence inspiring in city and highway speeds.

5. Cornering ability is good and surefooted, thanks to CSC probably.

6. Glides over speed breakers of different sizes without scraping.

7. Roomy cabin feel.

8. Fantastic quality music immersing the cabin.

CONS

1. Power delivery seemed jerky even in city mode, further worsening in Eco mode. Being a naturally aspirated petrol engine, I expected a linear and progressive power delivery. I hope with continued driving in the days to come, I may sync with it better.

2. Being a 3 pot engine, struggles to pull 3 adults. More suited for a non enthusiast sedate driver.

3. Accessories cost an arm and leg in showroom compared to online sites. Never got even the floormats. Planning to approach known local guy soon.

Will update periodically. Thanks to all who guided me in my buying process in this forum.
docgb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 21:19   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgb View Post
Hi guys,

Got delivery of my tiago revotron xz yesterday after 16 weeks' of booking one.

CONS

1. Power delivery seemed jerky even in city mode, further worsening in Eco mode. Being a naturally aspirated petrol engine, I expected a linear and progressive power delivery. I hope with continued driving in the days to come, I may sync with it better.

2. Being a 3 pot engine, struggles to pull 3 adults. More suited for a non enthusiast sedate driver.

3. Accessories cost an arm and leg in showroom compared to online sites. Never got even the floormats. Planning to approach known local guy soon.

Will update periodically. Thanks to all who guided me in my buying process in this forum.
Congratulations docbg on you're New Tiago.

Did you get an XZ with Alloys ? Which color is your Tiago ?

Regarding Cons you have mentioned, these are common for Tiago, especially Petrol.

1. Try to upshift after 2000-2200 rpm, I know it's a bit high, but this will reduce the jerks slightly. This Jerk occurs especially during Cold Starts.

2. Yes, this lack of power when loaded is the main reason I chose diesel, after driving both. The Petrol was struggling, while the Diesel though not quick was having enough momentum.

3. Accessories are expensive, I had listed lots of them, but I had to cancel the plan after I saw the prices of them. The only accessory in my car are mats (3D), I purchased them from Amazon, they are cheap (Around Rs. 1000). I suggest you to look for the same in case you have planned for 3D Mats. Or else get the Noodles Type Mats from 3M Store.

Cheers.
Old 21st November 2016, 13:39   #1273

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Congratulations docbg on you're New Tiago.

Did you get an XZ with Alloys ? Which color is your Tiago ?

Regarding Cons you have mentioned, these are common for Tiago, especially Petrol.

1. Try to upshift after 2000-2200 rpm, I know it's a bit high, but this will reduce the jerks slightly. This Jerk occurs especially during Cold Starts.

2. Yes, this lack of power when loaded is the main reason I chose diesel, after driving both. The Petrol was struggling, while the Diesel though not quick was having enough momentum.

3. Accessories are expensive, I had listed lots of them, but I had to cancel the plan after I saw the prices of them. The only accessory in my car are mats (3D), I purchased them from Amazon, they are cheap (Around Rs. 1000). I suggest you to look for the same in case you have planned for 3D Mats. Or else get the Noodles Type Mats from 3M Store.

Cheers.
Thanks for your suggestions. Mine is pearlescent white with alloys. I was also more impressed with diesel but having a beat diesel with lots of cabin noise and recent caps on diesel vehicles in Delhi, I opted for a petrol one.
Old 21st November 2016, 13:48   #1274
BHPian

I bought the Tiago too and here is my experience.

The Decision and Purchase

During the month of May, 2016, I was in the market for buying a ‘new’ hatchback, primarily for the city use. The official Team-BHP review of Tiago made it impossible for me to not check this car out. So I went to the nearest TATA showroom.

The staff at the showroom were polite and patient, yet undertrained and not up to the task of handling the seamingly never ending inflow of walk-in customers who came to look at this new model.

After 3 test drives of the petrol variant and 2 test drives of the diesel variant, (Yes, the sales guy was really patient and polite all the while) I was convinced and I decided to go for this car. Also decided to go for the Petrol variant as I already assumed that my running would generally be on the lower side. ABS and Airbags were a no brainer – So made my booking of Petrol XZ variant with alloys on June 9th.

By the last week of August, the sales guy called me to inform the car has reached their yard. I did a PDI along with my friend at the dealer’s yard and approved the car. Loan and Registration formalities were taken care of and drove out of the dealership with my new Car on Sep 3rd. The price had gone up slightly between my booking and billing, but not enough to change my decision.

Contenders who almost made it - VW Polo and Hyundai Grand i10, both defeated by the Wallet.

Booking to Delivery – 86 days.

During the entire process, the communication from dealership side was poor and not at all prompt. I felt that I wanted to buy this car more than they wanted to sell it to me.

So far, after 4000 kms and 2 road trips later…

1. Gem of a steering. Best steering in any budget car.
2. Good looks. A real head-turner everywhere I go. The more I look at it, the better it looks.
3. Good comfortable fabric seats. It would be a shame to cover it up at a local shop or with TATA’s (rather poor) seat covers. It would not have done justice. So I did not. At least for now.
4. The music system is crystal clear and crisp. (But turn up the volume to really loud and the door interiors will rattle with the beat. It’s a 5 lakh car after all.)
5. Good AC. Never felt inadequate even in sunny highway drives.
6. Impressive driving dynamics on the highway. But the power arrives later than expected. Overtaking needs some planning until one gets used to the car. Cochin to Bangalore (540 kms) gave me 18-ish kmpl (tankful to tankful), driving at 90-95 kmph.
7. Convenient, ergonomic design all around the cabin with a good Body Control Module to complement. Can’t ask for much in that aspect.

Dislikes

1. Minor issues like slight rattling under the dashboard. Was fixed in first service. Holding up well so far.
2. There is ‘power missing’ during cold starts. It is very noticable. I have not experienced such evident missing in similarly priced cars from Hyundai or Maruti. It usually goes away with 2 minutes of idling or driving 0.5 km. If someone has a ramp to climb out of basement parking every morning, they are at a loss (of 2 minutes).
3. Sometimes I wonder, how wonderful it could have been with a more refined and more powerful engine under the hood. In such times, I remind myself the price tag and move on.

A happy owner so far.
madhavgpai is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 13:49   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Got delivery of my tiago revotron xz yesterday after 16 weeks' of booking one.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Drove the car recently with 6 adults on-board. The AC was on and the blower setting was at the 2nd position. Did not feel any lag in the driving characteristics of the car. However, an important aspect to note in this observation was that I was driving sedately. Considering that this is a 3-pot engine, I feel that driving sedately makes all the difference in the feel and overall NVH of the engine.

We used to own a 2011 WagonR with the 3-pot petrol and feel that the Tiago's petrol mill is better in so many ways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks