Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2016, 14:37   #1141
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Completed 50 days of ownership.The car has run 4000 Kms, averaging 80 kms per day.
Am getting a measly avg of 14.66 whereas the MID calculation shows 17.1.
This run included three highway trips Delhi- CHD-Ludhiana-Delhi, Del- Jaipur- Del and Del-Chd-Kausali-Del

What I like so far
-The music system
-The quality of interiors
-Ride Quality a BIG
- Driveability in city traffic, put her in 3rd/4th gear and she potters around nicely without any downshifts required frequently

What I sorely miss/don't like
-The power surge, mind you, you will have to have to adapt your driving style, overtaking on highways needs to be planned.
- More output in sound from the music system
- TASS (Had a horrific exp during the first service) They couldn't upload the updates. Post which the mileage delivered hasn't been great

Overall am satisfied with the car. If you are looking to buy this car, be aware of the short comings mentioned above. Again this is not a car where you press the pedal and it reaches 100, it needs to be pushed for that.

My ownership review is in the assembly line, need to work on that, hopefully should be able to roll that out shortly.
Arkanile is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 14:45   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Completed 50 days of ownership.The car has run 4000 Kms, averaging 80 kms per day..
Good to know that you are satisfied with the car. Your car is petrol variant, right? Eagerly waiting for your review!

Some users in another forum reported issue of mud/sand gathering in fuel filler area. Does your car also have this issue?
Old 12th September 2016, 15:38   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Good to know that you are satisfied with the car. Your car is petrol variant, right? Eagerly waiting for your review!

Some users in another forum reported issue of mud/sand gathering in fuel filler area. Does your car also have this issue?
Hey, Yes, Sorry should have mentioned that, its a Petrol XT.
Not seen the issue of mud/sand gathering in the fuel filler area, however will check when I get the car filled the next time.
Old 13th September 2016, 13:25   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Dust gathers in that area with our Hyundai Eon/i20 as well. Is it supposed to be air tight? I think this is needless nit picking.

Some users in another forum reported issue of mud/sand gathering in fuel filler area. Does your car also have this issue?[/quote]
Old 13th September 2016, 14:01   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Its really frustrating to see the ops mis-management of Tata after having another good product at their hand which is actually getting interest and bookings. If i was Tata i would stall all production lines and prioritize Tiago. Its not like they are selling 10K units a month and cant easily increase production. With sub 5K volumes and 4+ months of waiting, its unjustified for a A segment hatch.

This is very similar to Ford's lousy management of Ecosport. Even with 1 yr waiting they did 5K units a month. Look at what Maruti does with Brezza within 3 months. Companies need to do case studies and learn from likes of Maruti and Hyundai about managing good products.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 14:22   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Did you mean to say "dust" instead of "mud/sand". In the normal use of the the car, dust accumulating there and covering the entire surface is pretty normal. It happens in my GT TSI as well and I'm sure, it would be similar in other cars. So this is not exactly a "problem".

Mud or sand ingress in that section can happen only if driven around in extreme slush or on a beach. Do clarify what is the exact problem reported and post pictures if possible, for reference.

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 13th September 2016 at 14:24.
Old 13th September 2016, 14:28   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Now, the booking is cancelled and what has been a loss for Tata turned out to be a gain for Ford. He has booked Figo Titanium.
Sorry to hear about bad experience which your friend had to face.
An apt Sales Executive is needed in this scenario. Usually, when there is demand for a car and waiting list is increasing day by day, the sales guys tend to be negligent about those who have already booked.

I had also faced similar scenario with Hyundai dealer for Elite i20 in Oct-Nov 2014. I wasn't getting any update about my booked car but I kept my patience and kept following up with the Sales Executive and his manager which later resulted in car being delivered one week late than promised date. Had I not followed up consistently, my car delivery might have delayed by few more weeks. Sorry for being off topic.
Old 13th September 2016, 18:06   #1148
BHPian

This is bound to happen when deliveries are delayed. Not everyone can wait forever for the car. Nor does everyone have the time or energy to keep calling the dealer/SA so many times. One of my friends also did the same thing. He got a quick delivery from Ford and now he's very happy with the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
Now, the booking is cancelled and what has been a loss for Tata turned out to be a gain for Ford. He has booked Figo Titanium.

Last edited by jetti : 13th September 2016 at 18:08.
Old 13th September 2016, 23:17   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Not acceptable behaviour but then I witnessed the same by Honda dealers when current generation City was launched so it's not a manufacturer specific issue. High demand and less supply makes dealers arrogant and insensitive to customer's situation. Hopefully Tata may read this thread and ramp up production.

What is the current waiting period in delhi region?

Also, people who bought Figo, were there any discounts on it as it's selling in such low numbers?
Old 13th September 2016, 23:29   #1150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Its really frustrating to see the ops mis-management of Tata after having another good product at their hand which is actually getting interest and bookings. If i was Tata i would stall all production lines and prioritize Tiago. Its not like they are selling 10K units a month and cant easily increase production. With sub 5K volumes and 4+ months of waiting, its unjustified for a A segment hatch.....
I don't think TATA is intentionally delaying the deliveries. I think it's a genuine case of unexpected success against a very conservative/modest forecast & hence the problems. Am sure TATA neither has a problem with capacity, it's rather with the vendors not able to increase the capacity most probably.

Ford intentionally lowered the output for Ecosport & that was evident from the sales data. They were sure to escape as there was no competition. Maruti on the other hand has so much part sharing that they can prioritize / re-jiggle production line.

TATA doesn't have both the advantages mentioned above & nobody in that status will try to delay production unless for genuine constraints.
swiftnfurious is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 19:47   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Completed 50 days of ownership.The car has run 4000 Kms, averaging 80 kms per day.

My ownership review is in the assembly line, need to work on that, hopefully should be able to roll that out shortly.

Great feedback. Throws some light on the general characteristics of the car, Tass experience and overall driveability.

An ownership experience from a tiago is something I've been waiting since May. Very excited to note that your experience is in assembly line. Hope that other tiago owners too will join the elite club of bhpians who share their ownership experience.
adityadeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 12:02   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Also, people who bought Figo, were there any discounts on it as it's selling in such low numbers?
A friend bought a petrol titanium on 13th June (prior to price cut) and he got around 30k discount along with 2 years ext warranty and back sensor.

EDIT: PLACE, PUNE

Last edited by Moto_Hill : 15th September 2016 at 12:22.
Old 15th September 2016, 12:25   #1153
Senior - BHPian

It definitely boils down to dealer's wish then. Might be Figo were not selling as expected and therefore its better to push out a low lying stock. There might be other factors too. Going by the goodies your friend received, its probably a stock clearance ploy.

A bit off topic, few days back I was having a word with another gentleman with regards to available Hatchbacks here. He is from Nagpur. Seems that a few days before the joint-venture was about to end, Renault had asked Mahindra to sell off their old Logans in stockyard. Thus people actually bought Logans with heavy discounts, on top of usual frills. He infact had an offer of 1L less along with other goodies.

In short, SP is dependent at the time of delivery but dealer probably has the final say.
Old 15th September 2016, 14:20   #1154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Going by the goodies your friend received, its probably a stock clearance ploy.
It wasn't a stock clearance. The desired color (silver) was not available in Titanium and was ordered by dealer after we booked the car. The car (June manufactured) arrived just two days before our PDI. Oct/Nov cars were readily available at good discounts, but we made it very clear that we won't be settling for anything that is more than two months old.

Quote:
In short, SP is dependent at the time of delivery but dealer probably has the final say.
I guess, dealers are allowed to pass some additional discounts, which they later claim from manufacturer. Also, volumes come into picture. A dealer meeting its target get incentives, a part of which they forgo in SP.
Old 15th September 2016, 20:44   #1155
BHPian

1L+ discounts - that mostly happens on stock clearance. But a 30K discount is nothing uncommon. Figo is surely not selling as expected, but even Hyundai is giving much more discounts than that on Grand i10 (which sells a lot). We can discuss more on this - but in the New Car Price Check Thread as it'd be off topic here.
But the point is with long waiting period, some customers will surely find alternatives and end up very happy with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Might be Figo were not selling as expected and therefore its better to push out a low lying stock. There might be other factors too. Going by the goodies your friend received, its probably a stock clearance ploy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks