Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 20:23   #901
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyA View Post
Hello All,

Thinking of buying this car for my wife. Tiago XZ petrol as the daily commute will be around 12-15 kms only. I already own a fully loaded Tata Indigo eCS 2011 model. No complaints for Tata cars as such till date but the service center has horrible experience during the last 5 years of ownership.

My apprehensions are only 2:
1- Have read many posts about vibrations felt in the petrol TD cars. Any owners out here to clarify on this are welcome as I want to book within 3 days.
2- The experience at ASC's is there any chance of improvement. This time I would try another dealership for my purchase.
Any comments and suggestions will be helpful.
I'd suggest you TD the car back-to-back with other cars under consideration & decide for yourself.
My TD car had 2500 Km on the odo - there were no vibrations felt during the drive, but the gear-lever vibration while switching was significant.
Old 28th June 2016, 00:30   #902

Finally took delivery of my XZ Tiago petrol. All went well and quite happy with the delivery process . Apart from the basic accessories, I have taken the body side molding and corner bumper protector. Is there any other accessories advised to be added? Also is it necessary to get the under-body coating right away? planning for a 500 km trip (not continuous, but in a span of one week) in the next few days, any other precautions to be taken?

Please advice.
Thanks,

Last edited by Aditya : 28th June 2016 at 07:52. Reason: Fixed Typo
camero_driver is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 28th June 2016, 10:44   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camero_driver View Post
Finally took delivery of my XZ Tiago petrol. All went well and quite happy with the delivery process . Apart from the basic accessories, I have taken the body side molding and corner bumper protector. Is there any other accessories advised to be added? Also is it necessary to get the under-body coating right away? planning for a 500 km trip (not continuous, but in a span of one week) in the next few days, any other precautions to be taken?

Please advice.
Thanks,
WOW awesome. Congrats bro.

I would say it's better to get it done. Preferably at 3M stores as they do better job.

Apart from the run in process I don't see any other precautions that you need to take as of now. Of course follow safe driving

Hoping to get to hear about the performance of "petrol" Tiago directly from an owner.

Happy mile munching

Best Regards,
T-Bone
T-Bone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 11:10   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camero_driver View Post
Finally took delivery of my XZ Tiago petrol.
Please share your driving experience. We are expecting a detailed review; especially, engine noise, vibrations, engine performance, braking performance, and highway stability.
Old 28th June 2016, 14:52   #905
BHPian

Fellow BHPians I am in a big big dilemma. We have booked a Tiago XZ petrol as a city car for my parents in Faridabad . Though the car is VFM but after numerous test drives in Bangalore & Belgaum Tata showrooms I am just not able get over the thought of coarse engine noise,cabin nvh levels and the resale value after 2-3 years . Currently I drive Elite I 20 Asta diesel . We are very pleased with the Hyundai ownership of one year and the car is serving us beautifully . The cabin comfort is good and I am overall very comfortable with the brand. Now I am totally confused between Grand i 10 (sportz) and Tiago XZ as there is hardly a difference of 50 k OTR between them . Safety features and overall build quality is my priority .
Old 28th June 2016, 15:51   #906
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_machine View Post
Safety features and overall build quality is my priority .
If that is your priority then the Tiago is kinda obviously the better car. Whether or not you can take a leap of faith with the brand is upto you.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 16:31   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I am totally confused between Grand i 10 (sportz) and Tiago XZ as there is hardly a difference of 50 k OTR between them . Safety features and overall build quality is my priority .
I'm guessing by going for the Grand i10 Sportz, you'll miss out on ABS which is available in the Tiago XZ. On the other hand, the Grand i10 will fetch you a better resale, has the better engine and much better refinement in comparison. However, since this car is for your parents, I'd suggest you ask them to check out the Tiago to see whether they can live with the NVH and the engine sound on a daily basis. If yes, the Tiago is a fantastic value proposition. If not, the Grand i10 is a car that you can't go wrong with and will give you that complete peace of mind that you're looking for.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 16:59   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Now I am totally confused between Grand i 10 (sportz) and Tiago XZ as there is hardly a difference of 50 k OTR between them . Safety features and overall build quality is my priority .
Since you're having second thoughts, why don't you go for Grand i10 Asta over Sportz. Put it on EMI, you won't feel much difference in cost between them. Why I say this is, you'll be compromising with safety a bit by choosing Sportz over Asta or the Tiago. I don't have any concrete idea of build quality differences between the Tiago and Grand i10 so no comments on that front.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 17:22   #909
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it possible to retrofit the HK system from Zest / Bolt on Tiago? The shape of the system is making me doubtful. Otherwise, the system from Zest is of a higher rating as I understand and the bigger display is a bonus. The latest one gets a navigation too as I read which is superb!

Has anyone thought in these lines?
Old 29th June 2016, 20:35   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is it possible to retrofit the HK system from Zest / Bolt on Tiago? The shape of the system is making me doubtful. Otherwise, the system from Zest is of a higher rating as I understand and the bigger display is a bonus. The latest one gets a navigation too as I read which is superb!

Has anyone thought in these lines?
Dear swiftnfurious,

Zest HU is more of a rectangle in shape and that of Tiago, its a diamond shape. So I really doubt we can directly replace the HU.

"MAY" be possible if some kind of physical modification is done in the Tiago HU cavity to accommodate the Zest HU.

Lastly, EVEN IF it was possible to modify, I guess the cost of an independent navigation unit would be more or less same and more over will not harm the looks/electricals/warranty of Tiago.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

Old 30th June 2016, 00:08   #911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
...Zest HU is more of a rectangle in shape and that of Tiago, its a diamond shape. So I really doubt we can directly replace the HU...
I managed to find the below pic of XM interior from team-bhp itself.

Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-6.jpg

Since I have been in Zest, I knew the design is quite different and had mentioned in my original post too. Looks like the lower variant owners can only manage a single DIN aftermarket HU and not a double DIN. I am a bit disappointed with this restriction. If I ever own this or the Kite 5, I would have loved to have the Zest system with a bigger display!

Image credit : respective owner

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 30th June 2016 at 00:10.
Old 30th June 2016, 10:52   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Since I have been in Zest, I knew the design is quite different and had mentioned in my original post too. Looks like the lower variant owners can only manage a single DIN aftermarket HU and not a double DIN. I am a bit disappointed with this restriction. If I ever own this or the Kite 5, I would have loved to have the Zest system with a bigger display!
Kite5 has been spotted with touchscreen unit of Zest. Also, the dashboard did appear to be same as that of Tiago. In that case, it might still be possible to install the touchscreen unit in Tiago.
Old 30th June 2016, 21:58   #913
BHPian

Thanks alot guys for the worthy suggestions . I think my parents are happy with Tiago at this point and delivery of the car is expected in next 2 months , meanwhile I am still open for other options .
Old 1st July 2016, 07:12   #914
Senior - BHPian

The Tiago seems to be making its presence felt in Coimbatore. I had seen the demo cars earlier on the street. Also found a few silver ones and one orange registered and on the road. Saw a blue one in front of my house, very quiet, unsure of the engine. Not a fan of blue, but this looked nice enough to make me change my opinion.

With the Vista doing well, I don't see myself in a Tiago but I'm pleased with the effort. A Micra and the Swift seemed noisier as they passed within seconds of each other, so I guess it was a petrol version.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 13:22   #915
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors sold around 12500 units passenger vehicles in June. Total number of hatchbacks sold are 7,126 units. We can assume that they sold around 4500-5000 Tiago in June. It is slowly and steadily increasing its numbers.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks