Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 15:27   #661
BHPian

re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
What tyres did it have? Isnt it 175's? Chevy Beat comes with 155's for Petrol and 165 for Diesel.

155/80 R13 till the Xm and 175/65R14 above that with alloys for the top end.
Old 10th May 2016, 15:39   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Next up Petrol:
Immediately as I ingested the engine, I was able to feel the vibrations in the gear knob, pedals and the seat.
You ingested the engine? I am sure you meant -Put on ignition . On a serious note, everyone is complaining about how rough the petrol, and how smooth the diesel is. This is unusual.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th May 2016 at 15:48. Reason: Fixing quote...
Old 10th May 2016, 16:24   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmakar.vikas View Post
hmmm.. interesting, so are we saying that so the A/C filters of so many NEWLY launched test drive cars get clogged in so many cities that it led to the build up of a bad reputation for the A/C, wow!
[i][/ye kya mazaaak hai!I]
Filters get clogged when exposed to dust-that's a fact and the statement that I made was a hypothesis-not a diagnosis. Usually, Tata cars have a great AC.
Old 11th May 2016, 10:15   #664

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
You ingested the engine? I am sure you meant -Put on ignition . On a serious note, everyone is complaining about how rough the petrol, and how smooth the diesel is. This is unusual.
Diesel comes with belt drive for cam and a balancer shaft. This might be the reason for better NVH.
vishnusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 12:10   #665
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering if there is any provision (or a correct provisioning made) to fit my JBL rear speakers. Referring the image I find that there are no rear speakers though I understand that Harman is having excellent sound reproduction.
Tata Tiago : Official Review-tiago-8-speaker-positions.jpg
Old 11th May 2016, 13:22   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I was wondering if there is any provision (or a correct provisioning made) to fit my JBL rear speakers.
Hi Majumdarda, why do you want to fix additional speakers? There is no provision in the XZ variant. You can fix it in the rear parcel tray area using a wooden plank or place the speakers in the boot area using wooden box enclosure. I would advice you not to fix additional speakers since you may damage/misalign the dashboard panel during installation (factory finish will be lost) or even disturb the stock sound quality. Yes, the stock 6 speaker setup is excellent and more than adequate.
Old 11th May 2016, 14:33   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got an update that Tata has revised prices of the Tiago and they have been increased to the tune of 3,000 - 5,000 rupees, variant-to-variant.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 19:27   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Just got an update that Tata has revised prices of the Tiago and they have been increased to the tune of 3,000 - 5,000 rupees, variant-to-variant.
Just spoke with the dealer (Aristo Motors GGN) on the increase in prices, very smartly tries to shrug away the discussion saying the increase is hardly Rs 500 .Anyways am going to the showroom tomorrow, will share the revised price list if its officially out.

OTH has anyone booked the car and incase yes, have you got any confirmation msg from TML?

Last edited by Arkanile : 11th May 2016 at 19:51.
Arkanile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 07:37   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post

Oops...that was certainly a typo...I meant ignited. It was indeed quite unusual that a diesel was far more refined than the petrol. The NVH levels were far more contained in the diesel compared to petrol cabin.
Old 12th May 2016, 09:52   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Not sure why is it such a shock for you when I say "Igniting the engine". Isn't that what actually happens when you turn the key in the car...you will be providing an ignition for starting up the engine.
There are acceptable phrases and idioms which have an understood meaning. "Igniting the engine" doesn't mean anything other than setting it on fire. The comment was made in jest in any case.

Until this post of yours I assumed that you had been a victim of autocorrect.

This discussion if to be continued should be in another thread.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 10:58   #671
BHPian

I wonder why there is no word on the number of bookings made on Tiago. Every other company is flaunting the same during the initial few months of their product release. e.g. Mahindra, Datsun, Maruti, Honda, etc.

We only got to know that there were more than 1,00,000 inquiries. What I am interested to know is how many bookings are made till date. Anyone with any numbers?
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 13:07   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Just spoke with the dealer (Aristo Motors GGN) on the increase in prices, very smartly tries to shrug away the discussion saying the increase is hardly Rs 500 .Anyways am going to the showroom tomorrow, will share the revised price list if its officially out.

OTH has anyone booked the car and incase yes, have you got any confirmation msg from TML?
ARISTO motors GGN is still displaying old prices.There is no change.On the other hand, handed over my car as part of the exchange. ETD for the new car is 04th June
Arkanile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 13:30   #673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
I wonder why there is no word on the number of bookings made on Tiago. Every other company is flaunting the same during the initial few months of their product release. e.g. Mahindra, Datsun, Maruti, Honda, etc.

We only got to know that there were more than 1,00,000 inquiries. What I am interested to know is how many bookings are made till date. Anyone with any numbers?
http://www.motoroids.com/news/tiago-...augural-month/

Sales figures don't seem too convincing. Will need to watch out for a few more months.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 15:04   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
..handed over my car as part of the exchange. ETD for the new car is 04th June
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
http://www.motoroids.com/news/tiago-...augural-month/

Sales figures don't seem too convincing. Will need to watch out for a few more months.
Average delivery time seems to 4-6 weeks. Either production is still an issue (workforce problem) or this is yet another below average market response for a Tata product. I hope its the former, they do deserve a second chance.
Old 12th May 2016, 15:54   #675
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice any shade difference between the body panels and the door handles for the white Tiago? Or is it just me?
Went to the Tata showroom after testing out the Grand i10
Boy oh boy! Tata is nearly there in terms of quality albeit the rubber beadings are atrociously cheap and don't do any justice to the rest of the car.
The petrol engine lacked refinement and felt more like a diesel. The Grand i10's refinement spoiled me! My dad went on to say that it was worse than most diesels he's driven! Didn't test drive the diesel though but just turned on the ignition and found it much much smoother.
Overall a capable car but I feel showroom experience is the deal breaker

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks