Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2024, 21:42   #3061
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Fuel pump issue
As many folks have encountered this issue, I seek their advice on my situation. Well, my father-in-law’s situation.

He owns a Tiago 2016, which is of course out of warranty now.
We have faced many such incidents where car would suddenly lose power and shut off, especially when ambient temperature is high.

Just want to know what we should do now?
1. Go to Tata service center and get the fuel pump replaced?
2. Or, are FNGs capable of fixing this issue? If yes, could you please suggest a good and reliable FNG in New Delhi?
Old 7th May 2024, 21:48   #3062
Senior - BHPian

For all Tiago owners, is the 6-month interval essential? Or is it okay to get it serviced at 1-year intervals?
Old 8th May 2024, 11:32   #3063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Fuel pump issue
As many folks have encountered this issue, I seek their advice on my situation. Well, my father-in-law’s situation.

He owns a Tiago 2016, which is of course out of warranty now.
We have faced many such incidents where car would suddenly lose power and shut off, especially when ambient temperature is high.

Just want to know what we should do now?
1. Go to Tata service center and get the fuel pump replaced?
2. Or, are FNGs capable of fixing this issue? If yes, could you please suggest a good and reliable FNG in New Delhi?
I don't think there is a fix for this issue, apart from replacing the fuel pump. I think it costs around 13K. If the car is just run in the city, you can ignore to replace the fuel pump and make sure the fuel is at the half way mark, which should help to some extent.

If you Father in law takes the car out regularly on highways, then better to get it replaced for peace of mind. In my case, since it is used only for city runs, I am yet to replace the fuel pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
For all Tiago owners, is the 6-month interval essential? Or is it okay to get it serviced at 1-year intervals?
If it is under warranty, better to go with 6 month interval. Post warranty you can choose to do once in a year. Honestly, it has been a low maintenance & reliable car for me so far.

Last edited by fusionbang : 8th May 2024 at 11:33.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 11:58   #3064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
make sure the fuel is at the half way mark, which should help to some extent.
Thank you, fusionbang.
How does this fuel level help? If it’s above half way, then this issue doesn’t occur even if ambient temperature is high or car has ran for quite long?
Old 8th May 2024, 12:01   #3065
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Quote:
If it is under warranty, better to go with 6 month interval. Post warranty you can choose to do once in a year. Honestly, it has been a low maintenance & reliable car for me so far.
The 6-month service is just a check. When my Tiago was under warranty, I called my SA to clarify if skipping it would void warranty. He confirmed that unless my running was very high (as in, a taxi), skipping this service would not impact warranty. So, I followed a yearly schedule.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 12:06   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Thank you, fusionbang.
How does this fuel level help? If it’s above half way, then this issue doesn’t occur even if ambient temperature is high or car has ran for quite long?
My analogy is usually when the fuel pump is submerged in the fuel, it tends to be little cool and it doesn't give much problems. Because I have faced this issue only when the fuel level was a little low (around 1/4th mark) and once I fill the tank completely, it never occurred. I might be wrong as well, it could be just my luck with the temperature coming down
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 12:21   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! It is out of warranty now. Running is around 6-8000 km a year at the maximum (mostly in the city, that too). Will stick to a yearly schedule

If any of you have a post-2020 Tiago, could you please check what version of software your touchscreen is running? There is considerable lag whilst running Android Auto in ours, hence asking.

Moreover, does anyone know where I can find a jack suitable for the Tiago? TGP does not seem to be eager enough to sell one to us, so looking at MGP options as well.
Old 8th May 2024, 12:23   #3068
BHPian

Quote:
My analogy is usually when the fuel pump is submerged in the fuel, it tends to be little cool and it doesn't give much problems. Because I have faced this issue only when the fuel level was a little low (around 1/4th mark) and once I fill the tank completely, it never occurred. I might be wrong as well, it could be just my luck with the temperature coming down
Cool, let me try this out. If it works, then we save 12-13K
Thanks again!
Old 9th May 2024, 19:14   #3069
BHPian

Sharing my recent experience with PPS Motors, TATA Service center, Chromepet - Chennai.

My AC stopped cooling the cabin and took it to a nearby Car AC mechanic. He diagnosed leakage in the AC condenser coil and told me that replacement was the only option. He is a reliable guy but I decided to get it replaced in ASS since it involves disassembling the dashboard.

I went to PPS TATA Chromepet and informed the receptionist that I was there for a running repair. She brought me one of the service advisors (don't want to mention their names) and he enquired about the issue. After listening patiently, he came up with the following reasons in a bid to turn me away.

1. There are a lot of cars waiting to be repaired due to the floods (Flooding happened on the 1st week of December and it is more than 5 months since)
2. They are not accepting any vehicles without a prior appointment (not sure why)
3. He even had the audacity to ask me to wait until 28th May (and endure the peak summer in Chennai City)
4. If it is urgent, then he suggested another ASS near my place called Gokulam Motors (Wow!)

Next comes the most interesting part. I tried booking an appointment via the TMSC app. There was no option for running repairs (which was there earlier) and I am supposed to opt for full service (based on the odo).

I bought this car knowing that the after-sales service is poor for TATA cars. But never knew they would hit the rock bottom levels.
noob_petrolmonk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 20:49   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_petrolmonk View Post
Sharing my recent experience with PPS Motors, TATA Service center, Chromepet - Chennai.

Next comes the most interesting part. I tried booking an appointment via the TMSC app. There was no option for running repairs (which was there earlier) and I am supposed to opt for full service (based on the odo).
I was able to book service for running repairs in the TMSC app. Seems like the page was not loaded properly when I first tried.

Meanwhile, I missed another point from the SA. He warned me that running repairs could take up to 4 months (after May 28) in case the parts aren't available. Seriously? TAMO ASS is indicating that they are inept at sourcing spare parts for the car models that are still in production.
noob_petrolmonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 23:57   #3071
Senior - BHPian

So, our car went in for its 4th year service this weekend and of all things, I had clearly mentioned to the SA to give the HU an update since it was still running the software from 2019.
Went in to check the progress, and whilst most of my other concerns were sorted, the software was not. When I brought this to the guy's attention, his first answer was that it was not possible to do it since the BCM & ECM are somehow related to the HU? And that, if he did do the HU update, then the speedometer would get bricked or stop working or something in those lines. He reasoned that Tata had introduced some update in 2021 or 2022, which if not installed would end up causing the speedometer to malfunction and that is why he did not do the update.
Fellow Facelift Tiago Owners, have you heard something like this? And could someone please help me with the latest software versions installed in your Tigor/Tiago.

EDIT: Current Date of Software is 11th Sept 2019.

Last edited by akash_v12 : 27th May 2024 at 00:14.
Old 29th May 2024, 11:59   #3072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_petrolmonk View Post
I was able to book service for running repairs in the TMSC app. Seems like the page was not loaded properly when I first tried. ..
Update: Received a call from the ASS the next day (from a different person) and was informed that they are not accepting running repairs. They suggested me to cancel the booking and I politely told them that I'd complain to TATA motors. The person laughed and said the TATA motors would simply forward my complaint to them again and I would be running in circles.

I was shocked to the core. I knew complaining to TATA Motors is a futile exercise but the audacity of the ASS was shocking. I told them that I'd write this in online forums including Team-BHP. The voice tone of the person changed completely and she told me politely that she would get her customer relationship manager to talk to me and disconnected the call. I promptly received a call in a few minutes and the CRM was a known person (since I was getting serviced there since 2018 and used to interact with this CRM frequently).

CRM explained that they (PPS chromepet) are facing issues with ordering and receiving spares and the flood-damaged vehicles are awaiting parts for a long time. She then offered to reschedule the appointment to their Guindy ASS but said there would be a delay for a few days. I asked them to get an appointment and disconnected the call. At least this person told me the actual scenario and offered me an alternative solution.

Since I knew I couldn't wait any longer, I searched for other AC repair workshops nearby and found one called GTS Car AC Services, Chromepet. This place had decent reviews on Google and visited the place. It was a huge workshop (I think as big as PPS ASS) and had lots of vehicles. There was no one to talk to and I managed to identify the owner of the garage and spoke to him. He said he'd get it ready by the next day. I left the car and got the car as promised.

While returning back, I came across the parking yard of PPS Tata and they were true. I saw flood-damaged cars in the yard. Something seems to be terribly wrong with either TATA or this ASS.

Note: The replaced part was an evaporator coil, not a condenser coil. I mentioned the part in my earlier post.
noob_petrolmonk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 16:56   #3073

Hello Fellows!

I have a Tiago (2020) XZ+ which has clocked about 35k. It is time to change the company stock of Goodyear tyres. I am planning to stock the company-recommended tyre size. I am looking for a tyre brand that needs to last atleast 50k on good and bad roads, with excellent wet grip and mileage. Budget around 5-6k per tyre.
Old 29th May 2024, 17:54   #3074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshishMG View Post
Hello Fellows!

I have a Tiago (2020) XZ+ which has clocked about 35k. It is time to change the company stock of Goodyear tyres. I am planning to stock the company-recommended tyre size. I am looking for a tyre brand that needs to last atleast 50k on good and bad roads, with excellent wet grip and mileage. Budget around 5-6k per tyre.
I would recommend Yokohama Earth1 tires. Even my car came with Good year and almost covered 27000kms. Had to replace only due to the age of the tire and not because they were worn out. Now I have done almost 20000Kms on the Yokohama Earth1 tires and they look pretty new. All my cars have seen Yokohama tires, when they were due for a change. I think it costed around 5500 per tire, when I bought them couple of years back.

Last edited by fusionbang : 29th May 2024 at 17:56.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 17:58   #3075

Quote:
I would recommend Yokohama Earth1 tires. Even my car came with Good year and almost covered 27000kms. Had to replace only due to the age of the tire and not because they were worn out. Now I have done almost 20000Kms on the Yokohama Earth1 tires and they look pretty new. All my cars have seen Yokohama tires, when they were due for a change. I think it costed around 5500 per tire, when I bought them couple of years back.
Oh great! Thanks a ton! How much did your tyres costs? And has the noise level been reduced since you have changed them Yokohama?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks