Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2022, 13:41   #2926
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post
Hey Suraj,

Looks like I have joined the party too.

Been a happy customer since last year. Happiness have been short lived.

In my case, from last year Car sometimes gets into limp mode with the CEL popping up - this has been usually observed whenever we fill petrol.

At instances if turned off, car wont even start and just tries to crank - no not at all a battery issue.
And after a while or overnight it starts as if nothing has happened.

This has left us stranded in multiple instances with car required to be towed twice.

SC once removed and cleaned the whole tank and also did all diagnosis claiming no issues.

The recent issue is the temperature sensor. This started appearing 2 months back. Earlier it just used to chime / flash while ignition, which slowly moved on to full time and finally the car refusing to start in once instance. Again requiring to be towed (but when towing guys arrived an hour later car started again )

SC again cleaned the sensor and put it back and issue occurred within a week and in short distance.
This time chime was continuous and finally SC changed the sensor last week.

But now after a few days gap its appeared again.

Wondering what next (SA suggested to go for ECU replacement if it occurs again)

Also in my case I had remapped the car almost 2 years ago with WOLF. However car was troublefree after that for almost a year.
Oh wow! Sorry to know about this, but I think you went through the exact same ordeal as me and my car.
The unfortunate part is, there is no confirmed diagnosis.
The good gentlemen from TML who were involved (Note TML, not Service Centre) - managed to resolve it with a couple of rounds of ECU flashing and fuel line cleaning.
Touchwood, my fellow has been trouble free since then. At least THIS error has not come up. Once in a 3 weeks, the first crank takes a dab of the accelerator to fire up. Otherwise, no issues. Not sure why this happens though.

Apologies for the delayed response. Please feel free to connect on DM in case there's anything further I can help with.
Old 18th July 2022, 16:57   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Oh wow! Sorry to know about this, but I think you went through the exact same ordeal as me and my car.
The unfortunate part is, there is no confirmed diagnosis.
The good gentlemen from TML who were involved (Note TML, not Service Centre) - managed to resolve it with a couple of rounds of ECU flashing and fuel line cleaning.
Touchwood, my fellow has been trouble free since then. At least THIS error has not come up. Once in a 3 weeks, the first crank takes a dab of the accelerator to fire up. Otherwise, no issues. Not sure why this happens though.

Apologies for the delayed response. Please feel free to connect on DM in case there's anything further I can help with.
Hey Suraj,

Lot of developments happened over the past few weeks - long thread alert!

Car again had trouble even after the sensor replacement and I dropped it at the SC for detailed check. This time SA confirmed will go for ECU replacement.
I now thank my stars for having picked up an Extended Warranty plan from Bajaj Allianz during the loan process for the car with HDFC. I had no plans for an extended warranty as such as I never had any such issues with my previous cars. Tata's own plan was higher then when compared with Bajaj and this made me choose Bajaj, just for namesake then.

Now Having a 3rd party Extended Warranty (EW) had its own troubles as this was supposed to work similar to an Insurance Claim and had to wait for the paperwork and approvals. I had to do multiple calls and no one in Customer care seemed to have an idea on the plan and was able to raise a claim mentioning the Policy No. returned invalid. I had to google out and walk in to the nearest Bajaj Allianz (BA) office and this turned out to be helpful as they shared the number of an executive who was exclusively for EW and his help was immense.

BA needed proofs for the malfunctions and I was able to share some pics / videos of the warning lights, ignition failures and car getting towed ..etc
SA too helped me out with the Failure logs they had from the ECU via the OBD port which again was required for folks at the BA. They also helped me out with the history of the car and invoice of the ECU part for having the estimate ready.
A physical surveyor requirement was thus ruled out as -
  1. All required docs for BA was with us and shared
  2. Surveyor had to travel from a different City (Cochin / Kozhikode) to Thrissur for just checking these.

Few days, couple of emails and few Whatsapp messages - my claim was logged and approved (in about couple of days)
Cashless was again ruled out as they had no tie up with the ASC (Hyson Motors). So I had to make the payment and it would be reimbursed via NEFT.

I took delivery of the car on 28th June (dropped on the 23rd) and has been problem free since. The amount from BA got credited in a week owing to couple of delays due to staff going on holiday .etc

So far so good and I am happy with both the car and BA as of today.

Only worry now is the Battery health seems to be at 38% and I am suggested to go for a replacement (OEM warranty is only for the first 18months)
This at times affects the ignition and I guess I have no option and chance the battery for a 3 year old car which has just run 11K kms

Also coming back to the mod done (Remap from WOLF) I still believe this could not have been the case as the warning lights with regard to CEL and Malfunction lamp used to appear even when the car was just 2-3 month old, however with rare occurrence.
Thus believe the unit was already defective but progressed as the car aged.
The replaced unit was to be sent to BA thus I could not get it further checked with the WOLF team.

The replaced unit carries a 6 month Manufacturer warranty now and I am using the car as a daily driver even for short rides where I could take my bike or cycle just to be double sure there is no repeat !
unni246 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 19:03   #2928
BHPian

Hello Everyone
I am considering Tata Tiago XZA+ One of the biggest reasons to go with Tata is the 4 star safety ratings which no other manufacturer in the budget provides.
There are lot of videos on YouTube with the AMT gearbox and engine heating issue.
Have any of you faced similar issues? Was Tata able to provide a permanent solution?
Should I consider the MT over AMT?
Should I ditch the Tata altogether and look else where? ( Ignis AMT with 3 star NCAP rating seems to be the only competitor)
Thanks and regards
Bravo
Old 19th July 2022, 12:40   #2929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post
Hey Suraj,

Lot of developments happened over the past few weeks - long thread alert!

The replaced unit carries a 6 month Manufacturer warranty now and I am using the car as a daily driver even for short rides where I could take my bike or cycle just to be double sure there is no repeat !
Thank you for the long detailed reply. I am happy to note that it has ended on a good note. Touchwood and fingers crossed, this will be the end of the saga.
ECU replacement is what was the last suggestion from TML. Which I did not go ahead with.
The entire extended warranty bit is interesting to note. Let's see if I can opt for the same.

Coming to the battery - the stock battery lasts less. Please go ahead and change the battery rather than being stranded somewhere.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 17:52   #2930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Hello Everyone
I am considering Tata Tiago XZA+ One of the biggest reasons to go with Tata is the 4 star safety ratings which no other manufacturer in the budget provides.
There are lot of videos on YouTube with the AMT gearbox and engine heating issue.
Have any of you faced similar issues? Was Tata able to provide a permanent solution?
Should I ditch the Tata altogether and look else where? ( Ignis AMT with 3 star NCAP rating seems to be the only competitor)
Thanks and regards
Bravo
Driving petrol NRG MT for last 3.5 years, no issues so far except the headlight assembly leveling motor went bad by itself. Completed 18K kilometers so far and loving every bit of it. I am not fond of any kind if auto transmission and will keep on driving MT until I get old and incapable of using the clutch. My suggestion is to go with MT since with AMT you are just adding one more variable in the equation of reliability and stability and it can go wrong just like any other factors. Others may have different opinion.
Higher safety stars are always better. Ignis is not bad but just go for TD of both and make a decision. I have driven Ignis but Tiago's suspension is very good. With a bunch of long drives I confirmed it. My vote goes for Tiago and hence bought it.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 19th July 2022 at 17:55.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 11:32   #2931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Take a TD of Ignis & the Tiago back to back. Then book the one that you feel most fun with when driving. Tiago is an excellent car, have many Tiagos & Tigors in the family - no reason to ditch Tata at all. These are excellent products for the segment.

As for the AMT - its fine for what it intends to do. Whether you need the AMT or not - is something only you can decide. If you want a convenient driving experience and consider MT as an overhead in traffic - go ahead for the AMT. There is not much of a reliability issue with it. Of course its a mechanical part - and they fail. But then so can anything else in a car.

If you live in a crowded city - go for the MT only if you really love shifting manual gears. Otherwise AMT works alright. (I have both type of cars.)
If you can stretch the budget - get an Altroz DCA.

Last edited by Reinhard : 20th July 2022 at 11:33.
Old 3rd August 2022, 11:50   #2932
BHPian

Tata Motors celebrates 1st anniversary of Tiago NRG by adding a brand-new XT NRG variant.

Tiago NRG will now be available in two trims - the Tiago XT NRG & the Tiago XZ NRG.

The new Tiago NRG XT variant comes with

* New 14” Hyperstyle Wheels
* 3.5” Infotainment System by Harman
* Steering Mounted Controls
* Height Adjustable Driver Seat
* Front Fog Lamps
* High Ground Clearance of 181 mm
* Rugged Claddings
* Infinity Black Roof with Roof Rails & Charcoal Black Interiors
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-8a05f083bbff43c6b1019a19275d0357.jpeg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-80185a620379449a82d020b2c49f4a52.jpeg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-5674e0afdd2f4aa7a0558e91f470dc4a.jpeg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-7eb710c4384a4b439eb5e704890790ee.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 3rd August 2022 at 11:51.
XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 14:34   #2933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna_8118 View Post
Please note nearest T.A.S.S is around 40kms, over-crowded, understaffed and takes an whole day to get even an minor oil change. Also, I had a minor accident with the car and missed a service schedule by 3 months due to Covid, I am pretty sure warranty cannot be claimed.
That sounds frustrating and is one among many reasons why I can't recommend a Tata car to anyone in good faith, I recently checked out the Nexon and hated it!

Anyways, missing a service schedule by 3 months be it because of covid or not is not an issue at all with any of the brands I have dealt with (admittedly not Tata) in the past and you should easily be able to claim warranty, try other dealerships if one of them acts fussy. (I doubt anyone will void warranty for this reason)

Infact my i20 used to have really low running and everytime I used to take it for free service, they themselves (without any connections or friends working there) used to turn it down saying that I should drive it more and then bring it back, they'll handle it for a few months and they did, everytime.

The most I extended it was for 5 months and they still gave me free service, forget voiding warranty.
That was Deep Hyundai in Peera Garhi, Delhi.

No matter what I think about Tata, I'am confident they won't void your warranty for delaying your service.
Rocketscience is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 14:45   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
That sounds frustrating and is one among many reasons why I can't recommend a Tata car to anyone in good faith, I recently checked out the Nexon and hated it!

Anyways, missing a service schedule by 3 months be it because of covid or not is not an issue at all with any of the brands I have dealt with (admittedly not Tata) in the past and you should easily be able to claim warranty, try other dealerships if one of them acts fussy. (I doubt anyone will void warranty for this reason)

No matter what I think about Tata, I'am confident they won't void your warranty for delaying your service.
Strangely in a rough 100kms range all the TATA showrooms are owned by a single group. More odd is that they have only about 1 tata showroom per every 1-2 district, recently enquired on a minor paint/dent job at the TATA body shop, I was shocked when they mentioned it may 2weeks time. In their defence there are atleast 15 vehicles infornt of mine , doesn't this mean they have to expand/increase capacity?.

You're right my warranty isn't void cause of the delayed service, I made a claim and was processed smoothly.

I too won't recommend TATA cars to anyone in future. The headache isn't worth the safety features. I had to literally fight with my family to take a TATA car, I swear for our next cars I'll stick with the Japanese.
Kanna_8118 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 16:00   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Tiago is an excellent car, have many Tiagos & Tigors in the family - no reason to ditch Tata at all. These are excellent products for the segment.

As for the AMT - its fine for what it intends to do. Whether you need the AMT or not - is something only you can decide. If you want a convenient driving experience and consider MT as an overhead in traffic - go ahead for the AMT. There is not much of a reliability issue with it. Of course its a mechanical part - and they fail. But then so can anything else in a car.

If you live in a crowded city - go for the MT only if you really love shifting manual gears. Otherwise AMT works alright. (I have both type of cars.)
If you can stretch the budget - get an Altroz DCA.
@Reinhard, I have need a suggestion from you.

I have a Cavern Grey Vista Aqua QJD 2011 odo@40k, driven by my wife (and me). I had a Astern Black Safari Storme Vx 4x4 2015 odo@30k, my office ride, which was totaled in an accident few months back. Right now I can not find a proper replacement of Storme from currently available cars, and am willing to wait for Harrier-Safari facelift which should come with some added features like ADAS and/or adaptive cruise control.

Now I have been contemplating to buy a small car for wife as she finds A-pillar of Vista to be a major blind-spot, and I will take Vista to office. We have test-driven Tiago (Tigor AMT for lack of Tiago AMT) and Punch AMT. Tiago has better all-around visibility than Punch and is smaller in size, so it would be easier for my wife to drive and park. On the other hand, we won't have a big car for next 2 years, and Punch seems to be a better choice in that respect as we can go to some nearby destinations (within 200-250 kms) in Punch till we buy a bigger car for highway use. My wife needs car only for local errands (1-2 km radius) may be 1000-2000 kms in a year and the area is not too crowded, with wide roads.

Apart from my office duty (15 kms per day) by Vista, we will be using the new car (Tiago/Punch) for our family outings in/out of the city. In family we have 2 kids: 9 year and 14 year old. My son is about 5'6", myself 5'9" and wife is 5'4". One important thing I have noticed while being driven on rear seat of Vista (I could not drive for months due to fracture in right palm) is that rear seat should have movable head-rest. I used to get neck pain due to fixed headrests in Vista's rear seat. Punch has movable headrests on rear seat, and seems to have more headroom on rear seat (for my growing son). I am confused between Tiago AMT and Punch AMT, What would you suggest between the two? The price difference between Tiago XTA+ and Punch Creative is not much and is about 1.1-1.2L. I need a small car for now, and not a mid-size or large car.

Last edited by speed79 : 9th August 2022 at 16:30. Reason: Edited to aid readability
speed79 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 16:46   #2936
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
I have a Cavern Grey Vista Aqua QJD 2011 odo@40k, driven by my wife (and me).
That brings back memories. Mine was a cavern grey Quadrajet Vista too (in the avatar in fact). Is still doing well with her new family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
Now I have been contemplating to buy a small car for wife as she finds A-pillar of Vista to be a major blind-spot, and I will take Vista to office. We have test-driven Tiago (Tigor AMT for lack of Tiago AMT) and Punch AMT.
Well first of all - if it was me in your place (i.e. - both drivers used to driving a diesel MT car like Vista) - I'd definitely increase my budget somehow and buy the Altroz Diesel as the primary car and keep the Vista as the 2nd car. Especially as a long distance tourer as well - the Altroz is fantastic. It betters everything that the Vista did, and does quite a bit more. Like enjoyable handling and cornering, better quality overall etc.

If an automatic is a must - then I'd try out the Altroz DCA as well for the novelty & fun factor it brings.

If not - and the shortlist is already finalized and locked at Tiago & Punch - my pick will always be the Tiago. Its a fantastic car for its purpose. I have many in immediate family that are driven constantly and on all terrains. Its very reliable, safe & easy to maintain (on the pocket too). Punch is quite a pricey affair - nearing Nexon lower trims while lacking a fair bit in the engine department in fact. I for one - don't get the feeling that the Punch gives me so much more over the Tiago for the asking price. In fact - I find the Tigor an interesting proposition instead - with its remarkably large boot space.

If it was for me - this would be my preference
If diesel is OK - Altroz diesel MT
If petrol only (in this order) -
  1. Tiago
  2. Tigor
  3. Altroz
  4. Punch

(A couple of friends have Tigors. I felt the rear head-restraints are tall enough to work without adjustment. Try them once too.)

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th August 2022 at 16:48.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 16:47   #2937
Team-BHP Support

AMT owners (esp. from around 2018 or near about): when did you have to change the brake pads? My June '18 XZA has run about 10.5k kms, and I've never really been satisfied with the brakes. They become even less satisfactory when wet.

I ask the SA to check if they need to be replaced during every service, and he says they're good for more, and just cleans them up.
Old 12th August 2022, 17:07   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
That brings back memories. Mine was a cavern grey Quadrajet Vista too (in the avatar in fact). Is still doing well with her new family.
I am well aware as I used to read your posts on Team-BHP on Vista, along with Storme owners for a decade.

Quote:
Well first of all - if it was me in your place (i.e. - both drivers used to driving a diesel MT car like Vista) - I'd definitely increase my budget somehow and buy the Altroz Diesel as the primary car and keep the Vista as the 2nd car. Especially as a long distance tourer as well - the Altroz is fantastic. It betters everything that the Vista did, and does quite a bit more. Like enjoyable handling and cornering, better quality overall etc.

If an automatic is a must - then I'd try out the Altroz DCA as well for the novelty & fun factor it brings.

If not - and the shortlist is already finalized and locked at Tiago & Punch - my pick will always be the Tiago. Its a fantastic car for its purpose. I have many in immediate family that are driven constantly and on all terrains. Its very reliable, safe & easy to maintain (on the pocket too). Punch is quite a pricey affair - nearing Nexon lower trims while lacking a fair bit in the engine department in fact. I for one - don't get the feeling that the Punch gives me so much more over the Tiago for the asking price. In fact - I find the Tigor an interesting proposition instead - with its remarkably large boot space.
I will try Altroz DCA. It won't be our primary car after about 1-2 years. Main points we are looking for are:
1. Safe.
2. Small in dimension for easy of parking when my wife takes it out.
3. Good visibilty.
4. Automatic. No more manual.
5. High ground clearance for craters and speed breakers on Bangalore roads.
speed79 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 10:22   #2939
Senior - BHPian

I have an interesting but not a good observation about my Tiago NRG, 2019. Car is just parked for 6 days only. I return from a long trip with my Ertiga and start Tiago to make more space for Ertiga. Tiago starts and I move it a side and switched off again. All good.
Next morning I try to start Tiago again to take it out since it was idle for 6 days with a bare switch on for few minutes on previous night. Now Tiago refuses to start. Looks like battery is drained suddenly. I had to give some fuel by deep pressing the accelerator and keep on trying. Finally it starts.
Is it related with the small switch on window the previous night? Should I have kept it on for 15-20 minutes? I never faced such an issue with any of my other cars. Battery is just 3+ years old but car has run just 18K kilometers.
Any thoughts? Is it an alarm for premature battery failure or expected?
PS: Did not see this again even after keeping it parked for 4 days.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 31st August 2022 at 10:26.
Old 5th September 2022, 12:32   #2940

Long term ownership review of my TATA Tiago XZ (D)- (after 6 years and 130000 Kms)

TATA…All important things in my life are closely associated with TATA. Be it my first job (working in TCS since 2009 till date), meeting my life partner at TCS, my first car (Tata Indica Vista) and now my second car (Tata Tiago XZ diesel). TATA was always there in all the best moments of my life.

My brother and I bought our first car Tata Indica Vista (VX Quadrajet) in 2011. We learnt driving on this car. I must say that the Fiat-sourced Quadrajet was a gem of an engine and it’s still going strong even after 11 years and 90K kms. . But after I moved to Pune due to my job and got married a few years later, in 2016 I started feeling the need for another car.

Tata Indica Vista Vx (Quadrajet) 2011
Tata Tiago : Official Review-inkedimg20201207wa0014.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-inkedimg20201207wa0015.jpg

Since I was driving a diesel car right from the beginning and I was going to a travel a lot between Mumbai and Pune, my first choice was diesel car only. Hence, I started looking for a decent diesel hatchback car. Since I had also purchased a new house in Pune in the same year, I had a very limited budget (~Rs. 6.5L) for buying a car. Now the main problem was that there was no diesel car available in the market in that price range. I checked few cars like Suzuki Swift, Hyundai Grand i10, Tata Bolt, but they all were way above my budget. At that time I read the team BHP review for Tata Tiago. Tata was offering this car with diesel engine as well. Though the power output was nowhere near Indica Vista, I still decided to go ahead with this car mainly because of two reasons
1. There was no other diesel car available in this budget
2. After using Indica Vista for almost 5 years, I was completely satisfied with the quality of TATA cars. I never faced any issue with their service as well
I wanted to buy this car in Navi Mumbai, since my permanent residence is Navi Mumbai as per all my official documentation and the place where my family was living was outside the Municipal corporation territory - thus, I could save on octroi charges (which I had to pay if this car was bought at Pune).
Now, the biggest issue was that Tata Tiago had a waiting period of 3-4 months at that time. In 2016, I considered a 3-4 months waiting period to be on the higher side as other cars were easily getting delivered in 3-4 weeks. I certainly could not wait to get my hands on my new car and wanted to have it immediately, so I started checking with all Tata dealerships in Mumbai if they had this model of Tata Tiago readily available which was allotted to some customer and later, got cancelled.
Luckily, there was one car available at Wasan Motors, Chembur, Mumbai. Infact, they had the same color and version of the car I was hoping for. I also asked them to share the VIN number of the car. After checking the VIN number, I immediately sent them an email to block this car for me and made the initial down payment without even seeing the car!

Buying experience-
Though this was a big risk of booking a car without seeing it, it was a calculated one - I took a chance since they had the car readily available. I went to their dealership the next weekend to transfer the remaining down payment amount. At that time, they were forcing me to buy the car insurance from them which I politely refused and told them that if they are matching with the quotes which I got from other insurance providers, then I will go with their insurance. After a very long deliberation, SA agreed to match the quotes.
I thought, after this I just need to get my loan sanctioned and I can take this beautiful car home. But I was wrong. The dealership did not help me in processing my loan. As I was working at Pune, no other bank or financial institute was ready to come to Pune to do my employment verification. As luck would have it, at that time my wife was on her maternity leave and was staying in Mumbai with her parents, hence I asked the dealership to transfer the booking on my wife’s name and applied for a loan on her name only.
I also had a very tough time while registering the car at RTO Office. Though, I had bought this car on my wife’s name, she did not have any address proof of Navi Mumbai where I wanted to register the car. We only had our marriage certificate. RTO office was not ready to register the car only based on the marriage certificate. Hence, I had to update her Aadhar card to reflect the Navi Mumbai home address where I wanted to register my car. All of this delayed my car delivery by one more month. I did not get any support from the dealership in this entire ordeal.

Finally, the wait was over and I got the delivery of my Tata Tiago XZ (D) on 3rd Sep 2016!!

Tata Tiago : Official Review-inkedimg20211210wa0004.jpg

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20220903wa0001.jpg

I must say that Tata Tiago is really a very decent car. It has a turbocharged three-cylinder engine that develops 51.5 kW (70 PS) at 4,000 rpm and 140 Nm of torque at 1,800-3,000 rpm. Though the figures look very average on paper, in real world, it is more than enough to perform all required activities one should expect from any car in this class. Under 2000 rpm, you will definitely feel the lag. This is more evident in city traffic; however, on the highway once turbo kicks in post 2000 rpm, you will get a linear acceleration from this engine. The speed of 100 km/hr can be achieved at 2500 rpm. This car can easily cruise at this speed all day long without any issue!

Pros-
1. Awesome fuel efficiency this car gives- I can easily get >25 km/l with mix of city and highway driving.
2. Decent interiors- Interior fit and finish is much better than the earlier Tata cars
3. Ride Quality- Tiago has one of the best suspensions set up in its segment.
4. Features- This car has decent features as compared to other cars in the same price range
5. Sound system- This is the best feature of this car. 8 speakers Harmon Kardon music system is simply brilliant! No other car in this segment or segment above offers this kind of smooth music system! I am spoilt for all other music systems now!
6. Build quality of this car is really good. I have experienced this owing to a couple very minor accidents/bumps I had with this car.
7. Ground clearance is very decent. It is much better than Vista!
8. Apart from two engine mounts and timing kit, I didn’t have to spend anything extra on maintenance. Regular service at ASC after every 10000 kms is more than enough to maintain this car in good shape.

Cons-
1. This three cylinder diesel engine is very noisy. Though the engine noise is very well contained, you can still hear it inside the cabin. This engine also vibrates a lot.
2. Rear seat is good enough for two adults and 1 child.
3. Seats are not very comfortable and not as much leg room for above average tall persons.
4. Throw of the headlight is very poor
5. Evident turbo lag below 2000 rpm

Service experience at ASC-
This car was majorly serviced at following ASC
1. Fortune Cars (Nerul) – I used to get my Indica Vista here for regular service and had developed very good connects with few service advisors; however, once they left job, I stopped going there.
2. Concord Motors, aka Bafana Motors aka Garve Motors (Tathawade, Pune)- I got my Tiago serviced at this service center few times; however, I was not very happy with the work done at this service center. Unfortunately, could not find any competent ASC at Pune location hence decided to go to Mumbai for all periodic services.
3. Riddhi Autocraft (Pawne, Navi Mumbai)- Really happy with this ASC. Always satisfied with the work done at this center. Got very good connects with SA and floor managers. They pay special attention to my Tiago as I come all the way from Pune.
4. Heritage Motors (Kalamboli)- This is the new ASC which is located very close to my home in Navi Mumbai hence got my last service (at 120k KMS) done at this service center. Overall I am quite happy with the work done by them.

Mods done till now
1. Installed aftermarket seat covers and floor matting immediately after delivery.
2. Upgraded headlight to Philips Rally 100/90 with Exelite relay.
3. Installed IPH car projector fogs with 35W HID

Accidents till now
1. Met with a minor accident on western express highway where an autorickshaw suddenly entered in my lane from the adjacent lane. This resulted in minor dent on front RHS fender. Got it repaired from a fellow BHPian Noel. Total repair cost- Rs.3000/-

Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20180930wa0002.jpg
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20180930wa0003.jpg
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img20180930wa0001-002.jpg

2. One Hyundai i10 rear-ended my car while coming back from office in Pune. Apart from a minor misalignment of the rear bumper and a couple of small scratches nothing happened to my Tiago; however, the bonnet of the i10 was badly damaged. Again, a shout out to my fellow BHPian Noel who corrected the bumper alignment for free!

To summarize, I am highly satisfied with my 6 year run with Tata Tiago XZ (Diesel). Never had any issue with this car. It always lived up to my expectations and has been a great companion on my innumerable solo and family road trips. I have enjoyed driving this car and it is truly the family car I was looking for! However, now I am looking forward to upgrading my car! Though, my mind says to continue with Tiago as long as I can, the car enthusiast in me is forcing me to replace this perfect small family car with a giant SUV only for the thrill and fun to drive factor! Hence, I have booked a Mahindra Scorpio N Z4 D AT 2WD which will be tentatively delivered between Dec 22 to Jan 23. Till then I plan to fully enjoy the ownership of this little marvel!

Best Regards,
Cool-Shine
Cool-Shine is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks