Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2022, 17:06   #2911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I've had the same complaint: after slotting the car from N to P / R (eg, when you're at the signal or parking), the car doesn't immediately respond, and when it does, it just leaps forward.
Completely agree. Exactly same behaviours shown in our 2019 March version of Tiago AMT XZA. Pathetic pulling when we starting from Neutral, and very noticeable issues when we are at an elevation and has to go in halt-go-halt mode.

I usually have to shift to manual mode to manage the situation. In Automatic mode, it is tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post

[DIY] INSTALLED OEM HEADUNIT FROM TIAGO XZ+ in my XZ(O)

This is just amazing work, Pritansh.

I have a March 2019 XZA. Is it possible to upgrade from 5" HU into the one that you have shown below from the service center itself? if yes, any idea about the new HU costs?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th June 2022 at 17:20. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts; trimming quoted posts.
KuttappanAbhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 10:45   #2912
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Any option of installing a bigger headrest at the rear seat? The rear headrest offers absolutely no support to a tall person like me . This causes me neck pain.

Tigor has bigger headrests at the back seat. Any idea if the seat back of Tigor can be installed in Tiago without any modifications?
Old 21st June 2022, 13:00   #2913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuttappanAbhi View Post
I have a March 2019 XZA. Is it possible to upgrade from 5" HU into the one that you have shown below from the service center itself? if yes, any idea about the new HU costs?
The OEM touchscreen headunit costs 55k. Also you need to buy the proprietory OEM reverse camera to work with this touch unit (if you want the reverse camera functionality). That camera unit costs 14k.

You’d be better off with any aftermarket touchscreen unit from Pioneer/Sony or any of the numerous android headunits available.
Old 21st June 2022, 21:35   #2914
BHPian

Thank you, DrHoneycake. That was a quick solid response.
Any idea if Tata will render the extended warranty void if we add an aftermarket touchscreen unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
The OEM touchscreen headunit costs 55k. Also you need to buy the proprietory OEM reverse camera to work with this touch unit (if you want the reverse camera functionality). That camera unit costs 14k.

You’d be better off with any aftermarket touchscreen unit from Pioneer/Sony or any of the numerous android headunits available.
Old 22nd June 2022, 17:52   #2915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

Multiple visits (with equally hilarious Murphy's law type of outcomes) to the Tata workshop led to the following changes (step by step)
- Oil filter change
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor change
- Coolant Thermostat sensor change
- Oil temperature sensor change
- Radiator fan change
- Fuel tank cleaning
- Fuel line cleaning
- Spark Plug cleaning and refitting (sometimes it would take a LONG crank, and twice it was checked - battery wasn't the culprit)

Hey Suraj,

Looks like I have joined the party too.

Been a happy customer since last year. Happiness have been short lived.

In my case, from last year Car sometimes gets into limp mode with the CEL popping up - this has been usually observed whenever we fill petrol.

At instances if turned off, car wont even start and just tries to crank - no not at all a battery issue.
And after a while or overnight it starts as if nothing has happened.

This has left us stranded in multiple instances with car required to be towed twice.

SC once removed and cleaned the whole tank and also did all diagnosis claiming no issues.

The recent issue is the temperature sensor. This started appearing 2 months back. Earlier it just used to chime / flash while ignition, which slowly moved on to full time and finally the car refusing to start in once instance. Again requiring to be towed (but when towing guys arrived an hour later car started again )

SC again cleaned the sensor and put it back and issue occurred within a week and in short distance.
This time chime was continuous and finally SC changed the sensor last week.

But now after a few days gap its appeared again.

Wondering what next (SA suggested to go for ECU replacement if it occurs again)

Also in my case I had remapped the car almost 2 years ago with WOLF. However car was troublefree after that for almost a year.

Last edited by unni246 : 22nd June 2022 at 18:14. Reason: corrections
unni246 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 16:22   #2916
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi all - just wanted to check the average/mileage which fellow members are getting driving Tiago Petrol manual in city and highway. I have experienced a dip in the mileage in last few months. Hence, wanted to understand. As a reference, the car has done only 12.5k in 5 years.
Old 1st July 2022, 18:26   #2917

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi all - just wanted to check the average/mileage which fellow members are getting driving Tiago Petrol manual in city and highway. I have experienced a dip in the mileage in last few months. Hence, wanted to understand. As a reference, the car has done only 12.5k in 5 years.
I have an XZA+ from Oct-2021 so not a perfect answer to your query but I was anyway experimenting with different fuels for my own testing so here are some observations. Some suggestions at the end which you may want to consider.

Currently my car has run approximately 8000 km, about 60/40 split between highways and city.

For the first 6500km or so it was totally on XP95 wherever I went but used to get really irritated with the tractor-like engine clatter even when idling and car used to be loud and feel lethargic when accelerating.

I've had to drive Navi Mumbai to Kalburgi(Gulbarga) to Navi Mumbai twice in the last few months for some family events so was able to do like-to-like test.
Note:
1. This route involves driving through the maddening, bumper-to-bumper traffic of Pune city and all 4 times I drove through during daylight hours, accompanied by bikes/cars/trucks and what not.
2. Traffic on the expressway/highways was largely same in both journeys.

Having decided to consider other fuel brands, made a switch to HP Power and drove Navi Mumbai to Kalburgi. This time the engine was really smooth with improved acceleration. Better response made me drive a little faster this time and got a mileage of 17.76 (do note that Mumbai-Pune requires uphill drive). Same stretch last time on XP95 I was slower, had one less passenger and still got 17.8kmpl.

Return leg was on BPCL regular petrol filled at a COCO pump and felt same quietness of engine with good acceleration.

In terms of FE, my previous Kalburgi-Navi Mumbai drive on XP95 shows 17.32 and the recent one on regular BPCL (as mentioned above) shows 19.62.
Only real difference being one less passenger in the return leg this time. Is that significant enough to increase mileage by 2kmpl? I don't know!

After reaching Navi Mumbai filled up a tank of BPCL regular again, and it's been just doing city runs for last 150km or so. Can't comment on pure city mileage till the next tank-up.

Suggestions:
1. If possible, drive more. I had approached my SA saying FE seems low and he said the car needs to run more!.
2. Check fuel type, oil levels (especially since you aren't driving much), tyre pressure. I'm maintaining company recommended 36 psi (nitrogen).
FlamebkWoodpkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 16:27   #2918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Well, I could get once 24KMPL on MID while going to Bangalore airport with very very light foot driving. That is something impossible to have everyday on highway. But I am getting near 19-20KMPL on highways and around 13-14 in city. Mine is April 2019 petrol manual, driven only 17K with very few long distance trips. May not be enough sample data from my end but these are the numbers as of today with normal driving.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 13:04   #2919
BHPian

I have done my regular service of my 2018 XZA Petrol. The bill came out to 4800/- with Oil change and all filter changes. WB and WA was rejected at ASC. I'll get it done outside. My car has run only 11500 kms till day.
The SA pointed out that the engine mounts need to be changed. I told him I do not wish to keep this car for long, for that he said then I can continue using it. I am not confident with the SC doing this job. They were swamped with cars when I went. And I have major doubts that doing something on the engine would open up a can of worms.
My car is running fine but what SA told me was that the 3-Cylinder engine vibrations cause the mounts to weaken over time. I accepted his reason but decided to do my own research before going ahead.

Does anyone has any experience on the engine mount replacement?
Old 4th July 2022, 13:50   #2920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
My car is running fine but what SA told me was that the 3-Cylinder engine vibrations cause the mounts to weaken over time. I accepted his reason but decided to do my own research before going ahead.

Does anyone has any experience on the engine mount replacement?
It is impossible to believe that the vibrations will cause this issue without driving it for a long time with a handsome amount of kilometers. That way other cars like Nexon, Altroz and Tigor should also face this issue but have not heard such a thing. Again I had a Maruti Estilo with KB10, 3 cyl engine. I drove it for 65K kilometers in 6 years but never had this discussion at all. Something sounds fishy here.
Are you driving the car on really bad roads at a moderately high speed by any chance(may be you are not) but that could add to the reason if the mounts are "really" gone bad. Hard to believe TATA did not consider this 3 cyl engine mounts theory before launching the car.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 14:11   #2921
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
It is impossible to believe that the vibrations will cause this issue without driving it for a long time with a handsome amount of kilometers.
Fairly common for their engines, 3 as well as 4 cyl. You can continue to use the vehicle for quite some time as long as you do not complain about vibrations.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 14:44   #2922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Fairly common for their engines, 3 as well as 4 cyl. You can continue to use the vehicle for quite some time as long as you do not complain about vibrations.
Do the 3 cyl engine vibrations cause the engine mounts to go bad, really? This could be one of the reasons and should not be the reason as in original post down. 4 cyl should not vibrate much in my opinion due to the balance they offer there. Still in any case not convinced that a car not driven much and not on bad roads will have the mounts go bad so early unless it is one of the cases.
Old 4th July 2022, 16:13   #2923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
It is impossible to believe that the vibrations will cause this issue without driving it for a long time with a handsome amount of kilometers. That way other cars like Nexon, Altroz and Tigor should also face this issue but have not heard such a thing. Again I had a Maruti Estilo with KB10, 3 cyl engine. I drove it for 65K kilometers in 6 years but never had this discussion at all. Something sounds fishy here.
Are you driving the car on really bad roads at a moderately high speed by any chance(may be you are not) but that could add to the reason if the mounts are "really" gone bad. Hard to believe TATA did not consider this 3 cyl engine mounts theory before launching the car.
My car has done 11500 kms in 4.5 years. Driven very slowly by my dad for his daily run to office which is barely 1.5 kms from home. Sometimes I take it to other places but it doesn't see the 4-5 gears much. The vibration has increased over time. On opening the hood, it is visible that the engine is vibrating a lot. However, it is not that violent.

I am still not convinced of the same. On the forum, I came across some posts on this issue. But for my car, it is too soon for the mounts to go bad

I think the SA must have said it as a precautionary measure. I am ready to risk it because it's not my primary car and usually runs in the neighborhood only.
Old 4th July 2022, 16:38   #2924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAnna View Post
My car has done 11500 kms in 4.5 years. Driven very slowly by my dad for his daily run to office which is barely 1.5 kms from home. Sometimes I take it to other places but it doesn't see the 4-5 gears much. The vibration has increased over time. On opening the hood, it is visible that the engine is vibrating a lot. However, it is not that violent.

I am still not convinced of the same. On the forum, I came across some posts on this issue. But for my car, it is too soon for the mounts to go bad

I think the SA must have said it as a precautionary measure. I am ready to risk it because it's not my primary car and usually runs in the neighborhood only.
Did the SA show any cracks or damage on the mounts? I know the old posts where the pics were clearly showing a broken mount. I am not an expert but could the mounts go loose causing heavy vibrations? In any case it is too early in terms of kilometers driven for this damage.

Update on headlight assembly replacement
I have an update on my Tiago's right side headlamp assembly issue. I got it replaced over last weekend. The leveling motor had got damaged (by itself, no accident or anything) and light was falling just few feet next to the car making it useless for night drive.
My car has 2+2 years of warranty and this is the fourth year. However the electric parts are not covered in extended warranty and that made me pay around 5K for the replacement at service center.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 4th July 2022 at 16:49.
Old 17th July 2022, 11:45   #2925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna_8118 View Post
The lock unlock latch is working fine but unlocking "part" by pulling the lever needs to be a bit longer. Can you please update on the solution .
Update : The service center mechanic has a clever solution for this problem. There is only one moving part(small lever thingy) and the issue is it bends outward when weight of luggage is on it. Simply bent it inwards with "Indian Jugaad" and the issue is resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna_8118 View Post
But the main issue is with the gear change, almost every time I change my the gear from 1-->2 it takes about 1-1.5seconds to slot the gear. Quite irritating to drive in traffic and sometimes dangerous too.

The culprit in all the cases is found to be a loose gear cable attached to a mount.
Update : Changed the gear cable free of cost under warranty at TASS. Gear change is little smoother than before, but frankly, I am not satisfied with the result. I made my peace with gear shifting after multiple test drives with the mechanics. I convinced myself gear change becomes relatively hard after a few months of usage.

Smooth gear change is what I dearly love with my car and sad to see this behaving like the monster Crysta that I hate to drive.

I have a new weird issue with my tiago and again a very common issue. The touchscreen is unresponsive at a few locations and it is impossible to work with it. Unfortunately Harman issues only one year warranty and it costs a bomb to replace it with oem part. Isn't it odd that many Harrier-Safari owners also face some or other issue with Harman system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post

[DIY] INSTALLED OEM HEADUNIT FROM TIAGO XZ+ in my XZ(O)

A few days ago in a Tiago WhatsApp group one of the members casually asked if anyone wants to buy the OE HU from his Tiago XZ+ as he was switching to an Android Based HU. I replied faster than the speed of light and the deal was done withing the hour, 2 days later I had the HU in my hands and I couldn't keep calm. I got the HU at a mouth watering price.
Hello pritansh, in case you find any OEM HU for a similar price, please let me know.
Thank you in advance.
Kanna_8118 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks