Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2020, 10:15   #2461
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering View Post
4. Above 100 km speed, it wobbles a lot and not confident inspiring.
This is a 3-cyl, 1.2l engine hatch, not known for the best nvh. However, do check: a) wheel alignment/balancing, b) brake pads. Either/both of them not being in order can cause steering wobble at high speeds.

Quote:
Point 2 to 5 - not an issue at all in VW Ameo.
You are comparing cars from two different segments, there can't necessarily be the same level of finesse in a B and C-segment car. (Also, one is a Tata and the other a European)
Old 13th January 2020, 14:27   #2462
BHPian

Note : tiago SHOULDNOT float and feel wobbly at high speeds.

My Tiago is rock solid at 120 km/h also ( i do this regularly), so something is definitely amiss with your car.

Please change your tires if not changed already. 45 k is ideal time to change plus switch to 185/65 r14 ( i run this setup from day one). Alignment and balancing also check please.

Check suspension wear ( tie rod, bushes, shock absober condition) and replace as necessary as it has covered a good amount of mileage
Old 13th January 2020, 14:39   #2463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Note : tiago SHOULDNOT float and feel wobbly at high speeds.

My Tiago is rock solid at 120 km/h also ( i do this regularly), so something is definitely amiss with your car.

Please change your tires if not changed already. 45 k is ideal time to change plus switch to 185/65 r14 ( i run this setup from day one). Alignment and balancing also check please.

Check suspension wear ( tie rod, bushes, shock absober condition) and replace as necessary as it has covered a good amount of mileage
I have seen some driveability issues if the air pressure is low. I use 33 psi in both front and rear (against 33 in front and 30 in rear as recommended by Tata) and it works great. Tiago loses air at faster rate compared to other cars. My observation is it loses around 4-5 psi in a couple of weeks perhaps due to the weight. It is easily felt while making sharp turns at low speeds.
I too have never found Tiago getting afloat or wobbly anytime. I have touched max speed of 80 around Bangalore and it is well planted always.
Old 13th January 2020, 18:09   #2464
BHPian

Last week my Tiago left side indicator stopped working, so today decided to change the bulb, getting to the bulb is a pain, it cannot be accessed from the engine bay area. To remove the light housing the tyre and the wheel cladding has to come off, the wheel cladding cracked while removing it as gently as possible, it's a delicate piece.Putting back the cladding, the front bumper had to come off. A 5 minute job went upto 1 hour. At times I feel working on an Audi is easier than the Tiago.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20200113_134050_121.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200113_153750.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200113_153812.jpg  

Tata Tiago : Official Review-20200113_153835.jpg  

Dhruv Shetty is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 09:03   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from TM on last Friday regarding a few checks to be made and (if required) replacements. That was regarding AC bracket and coolant pipe clamps. I could go immediately on Saturday at KHT, Mahadevpura service and got it inspected. They replaced the AC bracket at no cost and it was a recall from TM.
Good to see their quick turn around time and car was returned in 2 hours. I could see they are indeed improving.
BUT as usual their body language and acknowledging skills (my perspective) still does not give you confidence like Maruti/Hyundai service folks. They greeted me well and showed eagerness to support, but something is still missing (Is it the permanent impression?). May be I am expecting too much from them.
Old 21st January 2020, 12:02   #2466
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv Shetty View Post
Last week my Tiago left side indicator stopped working, so today decided to change the bulb, getting to the bulb is a pain, it cannot be accessed from the engine bay area. To remove the light housing the tyre and the wheel cladding has to come off, the wheel cladding cracked while removing it as gently as possible, it's a delicate piece.Putting back the cladding, the front bumper had to come off. A 5 minute job went upto 1 hour. At times I feel working on an Audi is easier than the Tiago.
That's a lot of work and pain for bulb change! Where have you been to get it changed, FNG or A.S.S.? It's unbelievable that the turn indicator bulb is so inaccessible.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 12:15   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
That's a lot of work and pain for bulb change! Where have you been to get it changed, FNG or A.S.S.? It's unbelievable that the turn indicator bulb is so inaccessible.
TATA cars are a pain to work on. I go to the A.S.S guys for small work like for bulb change, for other work like oil change and body work and wheel alignment i prefer a F.N.G. They keep such stuff inaccessible so some labour charge can be applied.
Dhruv Shetty is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 14:14   #2468
BHPian

Guys, Eventhough i do find the stock headlight setup on my XZA+(projector setup) pretty satisfactory fro 4 lane highways.I will need a brighter setup fro the 2 laned highways.what are my options apart from xenon?

Whats the maximum wattage that i can upgrade to?I had used a 80w bulb for my Vista back in 2013 and it did the job really well.

Has anybody tried upgrading the fog light setup as well?

Last edited by Sam.k : 21st January 2020 at 14:41.
Old 21st January 2020, 17:14   #2469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
Hey there, just did few things with my car:
  1. Silencer muffer
Hi ank_bhp- Your car looks neat.Good set of alloys too.
Need your guidance to but the SS tail pipe that you have got on your tiago or similar.

Last edited by Sam.k : 21st January 2020 at 17:28.
Old 21st January 2020, 19:02   #2470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam.k View Post
Guys, Eventhough i do find the stock headlight setup on my XZA+(projector setup) pretty satisfactory fro 4 lane highways.I will need a brighter setup fro the 2 laned highways.what are my options apart from xenon?

Whats the maximum wattage that i can upgrade to?I had used a 80w bulb for my Vista back in 2013 and it did the job really well.

Has anybody tried upgrading the fog light setup as well?
Hello, you can try Philips Xtremevision G-Force bulbs for better output than stock bulbs at stock wattage. I won't advise going for higher wattage as they can damage the projector. Also, I've upgraded the fog lamps to Bi-Xenon fog lamps from IPH, the result is simply superb. The combination with headlights makes night time drive a breeze.
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 20:52   #2471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Hello, you can try Philips Xtremevision G-Force bulbs for better output than stock bulbs at stock wattage. I won't advise going for higher wattage as they can damage the projector. Also, I've upgraded the fog lamps to Bi-Xenon fog lamps from IPH, the result is simply superb. The combination with headlights makes night time drive a breeze.
How easy is it to change the headlamps of Tiago? Is that too complex as being discussed? Am thinking to switch to xtreme vision for both my cars without voiding warranty.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 21:31   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
How easy is it to change the headlamps of Tiago? Is that too complex as being discussed? Am thinking to switch to xtreme vision for both my cars without voiding warranty.
I have done it on my Tiago. It's easy enough, if you know what you're doing. The only issue is accessibility on the LHS. The job should take about 10 minutes or so. Just make sure that you don't touch the glass bulb with your bare fingers. I have read that the residue from sweat can damage the glass after it heats up. If you do touch it, i suggest you wipe the glass with a soft, clean tissue and pure acetone (available in medical shops).

The result of upgrading to the Phillips Xtreme vision bulbs is that the headlamps are brighter but the light spread is the same as before - so decent low beam, below average high beam.

Last edited by Motard_Blr : 21st January 2020 at 21:32.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2020, 23:22   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivamk11 View Post
Hi Shivam, can you share the specifications for the bulbs (for both head light and the fog light) and also from where did you source them? Also, is the replacement a simple plug and play?
Old 21st January 2020, 23:28   #2474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
For me personally the H4 was impossible to do without removing the headlight itself because removing the pin that holds the bulb is very difficult and is in a very tight place. In projector headlights, it is relatively a lot easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Hi Shivam, can you share the specifications for the bulbs (for both head light and the fog light) and also from where did you source them? Also, is the replacement a simple plug and play?
Hi, all the bulbs I've used are rated at 55W which is the stock wattage for headlight bulbs but the stock fog light bulbs are 19W so a relay is needed to make it robust. I sourced the Philips bulbs from a local retailer based in Patiala who shipped them to me, I got the contact from one of our owners group. The installation for Philips bulbs is plug and play.
shivamk11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2020, 11:47   #2475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
What tire pressure you guys maintain? At 33/30 suggested by Tata I find the ride too bumpy.
For the XZ Plus model, recommended tyre pressure is 36 psi. I feel this to be on the higher side. Any particular reason for keeping high tyre pressure? From my experience, ride quality of Tiago doesn't have much impact due to high pressure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks