Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 14:36   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Folks, quick question. I have a 2017 model XZ petrol model. Can someone please confirm if the model came with a factory fitted insulation sheet under the bonnet ? I am not sure if my car had it. Recently I got the car washed at a local garage, I noticed that it was not there when the car wash guy popped the hood to clean it.
I Ordered Insulation Sheet from Boodmo. I got the delivery of it yesterday. It costed me Rs. 750 and Rs.10 for each clip(You need 15 but I Ordered 20 Clips) I installed it at home. I recorded engine sound video of Pre and post installation. However i am yet to notice the difference. Maybe on Highway i will notice it. I will update you about the same.
tushky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2019, 13:31   #2387

Hello all,

We bought a used Tiago XZ for my wife's use - a 2018 model still under warranty. I am planning to extend the warranty for 3 years to be on the safe side and need to think about other annual maintenance plans.

Till now, we have not driven much, but it seems to be in good shape. It has run already 42,000 km.

Any recommendations for tyre brand, size etc. will be really appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th October 2019 at 08:29. Reason: Typos, grammar
wandering is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th October 2019, 15:03   #2388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering View Post
Hello all,

We bought a used Tiago XZ for my wife's use - a 2018 model still under warranty. I am planning to extend the warranty for 3 years to be on the safe side and need to think about other annual maintenance plans.

Till now, we have not driven much, but it seems to be in good shape. It has run already 42,000 km.

Any recommendations for tyre brand, size etc. will be really appreciated. Thanks.
I think the width of the stock tyres is adequate for Tiago. If you wish to change the tyres, you can switch to Michelins of same size for peace of mind.
For my Tiago, I replaced the smaller donut spare with a proper sized tyre after buying a rim from Tata Service center. But mine is May 2019 model and stocks are MRF. So went with same tyre for spare as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th October 2019 at 08:29. Reason: Quoted text edited
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2019, 07:31   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

mate, i chuckled at your statement '...we have not driven much'. You have a 2018 model and we are in 2019. At max even if you bought the vehicle early 2018 it's still less than 2 years old and you've already clocked 42k kms!!

I have a 2016 first batch Tiago (we call it Tunni Tiago) of June, and we have clocked only 23k kms.
Old 13th October 2019, 09:05   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay434 View Post
mate, i chuckled at your statement '...we have not driven much'. You have a 2018 model and we are in 2019. At max even if you bought the vehicle early 2018 it's still less than 2 years old and you've already clocked 42k kms!!

I have a 2016 first batch Tiago (we call it Tunni Tiago) of June, and we have clocked only 23k kms.
Probably he meant the first owner has driven it for 40k odd kms when they bought it from him/her. After buying it they haven't driven it much.

40k kms is a good stage to replace tyres. You can look for Michelin or Yoko. Getting a 2018 Tiago would have been a steal. Good city car.
Old 14th October 2019, 23:57   #2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Probably he meant the first owner has driven it for 40k odd kms when they bought it from him/her. After buying it they haven't driven it much.

40k kms is a good stage to replace tyres. You can look for Michelin or Yoko. Getting a 2018 Tiago would have been a steal. Good city car.
you are correct. Previous owner had driven 42000 kms when i bought it. I will look for the recommended tyre brand.

If anyone interested about price, it costed me 4.4 lakhs. I have not found any other XZ variant for less than this price.
wandering is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 15:05   #2392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
you are correct. Previous owner had driven 42000 kms when i bought it. I will look for the recommended tyre brand.
If anyone interested about price, it costed me 4.4 lakhs. I have not found any other XZ variant for less than this price.
If you are not on budget, go for Michelin of the same tyre specs. Tiago stock size is adequate & good for mileage also. If you want to keep a check on wallet, GoodYear DB series is good. A bit noisy though.

By the way if I may ask - 42k running in an year? What was the car used for by the previous owner! Thats a lot of running for a small car in 1 year. I hope the mechanicals are certified okay. Do get the suspension, clutch & brake cylinders checked once at your 1st service visit. I presume you checked the service history of it. This might be one of the rare Tiagos that goes through all its service intervals on the basis of RUNNING rather than DURATION.

I'm also interested in knowing how you zeroed in on a used Tiago. In the used car market, the Marutis prevail (well, in new car market too) and this one is used quite high. Personally I might not have picked a car run so much. On an average, the car has run 115 kms every day!
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 16:40   #2393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
If you are not on budget, go for Michelin of the same tyre specs. Tiago stock size is adequate & good for mileage also. If you want to keep a check on wallet, GoodYear DB series is good. A bit noisy though.

By the way if I may ask - 42k running in an year? What was the car used for by the previous owner! Thats a lot of running for a small car in 1 year. I hope the mechanicals are certified okay. Do get the suspension, clutch & brake cylinders checked once at your 1st service visit. I presume you checked the service history of it. This might be one of the rare Tiagos that goes through all its service intervals on the basis of RUNNING rather than DURATION.

I'm also interested in knowing how you zeroed in on a used Tiago. In the used car market, the Marutis prevail (well, in new car market too) and this one is used quite high. Personally I might not have picked a car run so much. On an average, the car has run 115 kms every day!
Hallo Reinhard,

To add to your surprice, i can tell you one more fact that i did not see the car personally.

When i looked for old cars, i had to decide between 3 options.

1. 1 year old with remaining guarantee with less or more kilometers on odo.
2. Few years old, no guarantee, more Kilometers run, not much cheap
3. Few years old, no guarantee, less drivern, not much cheap.

Finally i chose the option one. Perhaps with little more money i could have bought a new one. You are correct in that aspect.

Basically i looked at all cars and gone through all the threads extensively in team bhp. Even you answered me in tata zest thread.

My requirements and priorities were in the following order.

It must be a used car as my wife has just started driving.

1. safer(ABS, airbag),
2. good build quality
3. small enoguh to drive in city and good enoguh for occasional long trips
4. acceptable mileage
5. easy to maintain
6 .cheaper to buy.

I did not come across any other car which fulfilled all these criteria's. Apart from that, Tiago has still some more quarantee time and which can be extended for another 3 years(we confirmed with tata before we bought). This was a major deciding factor ahead of all other cars we considered.

Tata zest would have been perfect apart from the fact that it will be stopped sooner or later unlike tiago which will be sold for another few years. But unfortunately, i did not find any good offer in Tamilnadu or we were inpatient.

Hope it answers your question.
wandering is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 10:00   #2394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hope it answers your question.
It does indeed! And I fully agree with the logic in fact. Its rare to see people putting confidence in a Tata. Thats where the question originated from. Your calculations & points considered are so thoughtful. Thanks for posting them. I'm sure they'll be good inputs for other buyers also in a better decision making rather than herd philosophy decision making.

Such a pleasant surprise to see occupant safety a key point in decision making for a hatchback purchase. Shortly the Tiago is going for a GNCAP 5 star certification & that would permanently resolve any arguments about Tiago being just as any other Celerio, WagonR and Santro.

Wish you & your family wonderful & safe miles ahead with the Tiago.
Old 21st October 2019, 07:53   #2395
BHPian

One of the Tiago owner has crossed 100000 KMS ODO reading on his Diesel XZ without any major issue, as per the post on Tiago owners group on Facebook.
Original post and Owner of the car Mr Shiwaraj katti.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-72825024_10215034938616996_6641842309635768320_o.jpg  

gjnnbagal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 20:13   #2396
BHPian

Has anyone been hearing a strange sound from the engine? I hear a gurgling sound when the engine is idling after a short run. The sound goes away after some time and appears intermittently. I am not sure what is causing this sound, but I am pretty sure it's not normal.
Old 22nd October 2019, 15:45   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
One of the Tiago owner has crossed 100000 KMS ODO reading on his Diesel XZ without any major issue, as per the post on Tiago owners group on Facebook.
Original post and Owner of the car Mr Shiwaraj katti.
Do we have any Petrol Tiagos reaching big milestones i.e. 50K/1Lakh? It will be a confidence booster for sure.
Old 22nd October 2019, 16:11   #2398
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Do we have any Petrol Tiagos reaching big milestones i.e. 50K/1Lakh? It will be a confidence booster for sure.
Right on this page there is a Tiago XZ that has done 42k kms in just 1 year. I think that's a good start .
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 17:04   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
This Tiago XZ petrol has crossed 50000 KMS recently, a very well-maintained car that I saw on the facebook group
Original post and the owner of the car Mr Prabhagaran S
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago : Official Review-img_20191022_165721.jpg  

Last edited by gjnnbagal : 22nd October 2019 at 17:06.
gjnnbagal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2019, 18:06   #2400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Right on this page there is a Tiago XZ that has done 42k kms in just 1 year. I think that's a good start .
Sure. But 50K does have some psychological value associated with it. Thanks for pointing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks