Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2018, 11:15   #661
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400 : Official Review

Hello everyone!
I just came across the updated official website of Storme, there it is mentioned that they are offering VX variant in both 4x2 and 4x4 tune in 320Nm engine option. This is a good initiation from TATA side to boost some sales.
Old 11th January 2018, 16:14   #662
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prateek19 View Post
Hello everyone!
I just came across the updated official website of Storme, there it is mentioned that they are offering VX variant in both 4x2 and 4x4 tune in 320Nm engine option. This is a good initiation from TATA side to boost some sales.
Nope:

Could you share the site link?

The site: http://safari.tatamotors.com/price-list

Clearly mentions the VX in only 400Nm, engine spec. Of course in both 4X2 and 4x4 variants.

Last edited by ACM : 11th January 2018 at 16:15.
Old 11th January 2018, 16:22   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Nope:

Could you share the site link?

The site: http://safari.tatamotors.com/price-list

Clearly mentions the VX in only 400Nm, engine spec. Of course in both 4X2 and 4x4 variants.
Hello ACM, I was looking at the spec sheet that mentions the same.

Link : http://safari.tatamotors.com/storme/...specifications

There is mismatch between the price list and specification sheet.

Last edited by ampere : 28th January 2018 at 18:56. Reason: edited URL tag
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 14:01   #664
M35
BHPian

Hi folks,
I am in the market for a 4-5 seater comfortable (space +ride), fun-to-drive reliable SUV. Does a Storme VX 400 make any sense for Rs.16L today ?
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 18:49   #665
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Hi folks,
I am in the market for a 4-5 seater comfortable (space +ride), fun-to-drive reliable SUV. Does a Storme VX 400 make any sense for Rs.16L today ?
Yes. Definitely. Remember, 16L is top end. With that space. Self adjusting clutch, 6 speed, .... Tell us which other SUV gives you all that at that price.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2018, 18:55   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Self adjusting clutch
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a self adjusting clutch, Condor Sir?
Old 28th January 2018, 19:28   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AShubrah View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a self adjusting clutch, Condor Sir?
Hello AShubrah Sir,

If you don’t mind, may I answer your question?

As we all know, clutches are subject to wear over time. Due to the loss of thickness of the facings, the pressure plate moves towards the flywheel, and the diaphragm in contact with the pressure plate changes angle accordingly.The actuation force that needs to be applied to the cover via the clutch pedal increases. As a result the pedal effort for the driver becomes greater.The same pedal effort can be maintained throughout the entire clutch life thanks to the Self Adjusting Technology. The constant pedal effort is obtained by increasing the effective thickness of the pressure plate.
Prathiiik is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 21:55   #668
BHPian

My car started unlocking randomly last week. While moving or stationary, it would just unlock all doors, by itself. Master central locking actuator was replaced under warranty to resolve this.
black_rider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 09:15   #669
Senior - BHPian

Hello Friends, sharing below the experience of one of my old friends on the TIUG (Tata Indica User's Group) over here upon his request to post it on TBHP so that his agony reaches to a wider audience. Do share your thoughts on this.

Quote:
From: "'james.r' anandjamespaul@gmail.com [indica-users]" <indica-users@yahoogroups.com>
To: Indica <indica-users@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 9, 2018 3:21 PM
Subject: [indica-users] Fwd: Premature failure of Rear Brake Pads of Safari Storme & poor support from TML

Hi All,

I'm writing this mail here just to highlight the focus rendered by TML towards their customer. Its a long post & you can go through it if you have time, else I'll give the abstract of it.

Our Safari Storme has completed 22.7 K KM & at 22 K KM, we found that the Rear brake pads have almost worn-out. Incidentally, this Brake Pad isn't available in open market & we had to complete our trip. We reached out to the CSM & he said this to be normal. Wondering how single pot operated Rear pads can wear out earlier to 2 pots operated Front Pads which have 80% life left, we mailed to Customer care & got a vanilla English response. We escalated to Dinesh, Operations Head, TML but no response from him till date. Another CSM from Chennai reached out to us as response for our mail, but again as per him it was due to our driving condition. Meanwhile the Service Manager of Concorde, Chennai inspected the Brakes & suggested for replacement of Pads with discs since few scratches were found on the discs. We again escalated to Mr. Mayank, Passenger Cars Marketing & no response. Mr. Johnson came back saying 50% of the expenditure would be charged & the rest would be borne by them. Still the reason wasn't revealed. Told him to give our Vehicle back in as is condition but without our approval, both Pads & Discs were changed. Left with no other option, took delivery by paying the 50% amount since he was pleading to settle it down. But still, no reason shared for the premature failure. Again escalated to Mr. Sathish, Chief Operating Officer of TML. No response from him as expected but got a response from Deputy Manager, Service, Chennai that our Vehicle has the latest version of ABS & it will work not only while applying the brake but also during wheel slip/spin. Cornered him with the point that the Vehicle service window defined by TML is 15K KM. The brakes were either found to be good during the 15K KM service or ignored by their ASC & a wear-out in between the service windows should be borne by them. The response was quite stunning, TML is not a company where they're ready to pay for it. It has to be borne by the Customer. Moreover, considering the usage of 22.7K KM & the worn out in between the service intervals, they've borne the 50% charges. When we highlighted the lack of clarity from their end & peace of mind lost by us, the reason was "miscommunication". He also accepted that, we can't expect support level like Maruti from TML. That's sums everything. No more Tata products in our life & request everyone to re-think before selecting a Tata product since they deliver good products but their focus on customers is at their mercy. Most of these people who interacted with us were pointing out the same "This is what you can expect from Tata". Hence requesting all of you to re-consider before buying a Tata product. They've lost their focus on Customer even before becoming the market leader.

Note: I'm not a member in Team-BHP. If possible, please post this up there so that more people get cautioned.

Regards,
james.r

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 9 February 2018 at 12:04
Subject: RE: Premature failure of Rear Brake Pads of Safari Storme & poor support from TML
To: anandjamespaul@gmail.com
Cc: santosh.barabde@tatamotors.com

Dear Mr. Anand james

Storme is equipped with ABS with EBD (Anti Lock Braking system with Electronic Brake distribution)…for clarity on the subject.

Yes, Brake Discs are covered under Extended warranty for manufacturing defects and will be applicable when Extended warranty ticks in.

Presently, it cannot be covered under Warranty as its consequential damage and non manufacturing defect.

Request your kind understanding …

Regards

Cijin

Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:21 PM
To: CIJIN THOMAS [ PVBU, Customer Care, Chennai ] <cijin.thomas@tatamotors.com>
Cc: SANTOSH BARABDE [ PVBU, Commercial, Mumbai ] <santosh.barabde@tatamotors.co m>
Subject: Re: Premature failure of Rear Brake Pads of Safari Storme & poor support from TML

Hello Mr. Cijin & Mr. Santhosh,

Thanks for your mail. Also, special thanks to Mr. Cijin for detailed explanation of the latest ABS Module used in our Safari & most interestingly the word "traction control" is no where mentioned by TML even after equipping the vehicle with it. This entire episode has spiked due to the poor communication with lack of technical input even when demanded. But, I've regained my peace of mind that I'm not driving a Vehicle with some problem in its Braking System only after talking with you.

Finally, I need one more clarity on the billing. I noticed that the Extended Warranty of this Vehicle covers the Rear discs (Snapshot of Page 21 - Extended Warranty Document attached). In that case, why I was billed for it (Also Bill Attached). The Extended Warranty is covered for the entire 4 years (Snapshot from TML App attached). Considering this, I should've been charged only 50% for the Brake Pads. Please consider & arrange for refund of the excessive money.

Regards,

Anand James Paul

On 7 February 2018 at 15:23, <cijin.thomas@tatamotors.com> wrote:

Dear Mr.Anand James

Sorry once again for having given you an opportunity to write to us again.

I have already gone through your earlier complaint as well and I deeply regret for not having anything different to discuss from the previously shared resolution.

My Regrets if that didn’t meet your expectations completely… but the decision was taken as a measure to reach our customer expectations partly if not fully.

I will call you after my meeting is over…to discuss

Regards

Cijin

Deputy Manager- Service

Chennai

Sent: Wednesday, February 7, 2018 2:36 PM
To: anandjamespaul@gmail.com
Cc: CIJIN THOMAS [ PVBU, Customer Care, Chennai ] <cijin.thomas@tatamotors.com>
Subject: FW: Premature failure of Rear Brake Pads of Safari Storme & poor support from TML

Dear Mr. Anand ,

Thank you for writing to us and sharing your concern

At the outset, We regret the inconvenience cause to you

Our regional office team , Chennai will provide necessary support to resolve the issue as the earliest

Please feel free to contact Mr. Cijin Thomas , TML on 8939868192 for any support

Regards,

Santosh Barabde

VoC & Insight Management

022-6240 7279

Date: 31 January 2018 at 6:33:53 PM IST
To: sbborwankar@tatamotors.com
Subject: Premature failure of Rear Brake Pads of Safari Storme & poor support from TML

Dear Sir,

I'm sorry to write this mail to you. I'm forced to do it as the trail mail is self explanatory.

My problem remains unsolved & TML takes it light at the risk of our lives. The reason for pre-mature rear brake failure of our Safari Storme VX given by TML is "It is normal".

If that's the case, why Rear disk pads will be smaller than Front disk pads, Rear Disc Rotor (Solid Type) will be thinner than Front Disc Rotor (Ventilated Type), Rear brakes will be operated with Single Piston compared to Front brakes operated by Two Pistons. Still TML claims that the Brake distribution ratio is 50% each.

Finally, Even after insisting that covering these things under warranty is not the solution as I need permanent fix, TML has extended their solution to solve the problem by bearing 50% of the affected parts. I'm really surprised that even Dinesh Sir is part of this & doesn't reacts to my problem.

Please read my trail mail to understand the frustration I'm undergoing.

Regards,

Anand James Paul

98411 98260

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 25 January 2018 at 21:45
Subject: Re: Regarding your vehicle - TN10AV3143
To: johnsonrihard v <johnsonrichard.v@concordemoto rs.com>, dinesh.bhasin@tatamotors.com, mayank.pareek@tatamotors.com
Cc: sairaj narayanan <sairaj.n@concordemotors.com>, surya@tatamotors.com, cijin.thomas@tatamotors.com

Dear Mr. Johnson,

I would like to highlight here that this decision has been made due to utter frustration. I've still lost hope on Tata & their products as there is no genuineness in the approach. Mr. Surya told me yesterday that he'll try for replacement & I told him that replacement and the cost associated to it is not the expected solution as I look for a long term Resolution. He in fact accepted this to be a temporary solution & a permanent solution will be given in 2 weeks to avoid the pre-mature wear-out of Rear Brake Pads. But the telephonic discussion which happened yesterday over phone was on a different note that the wear-out of rear pads were normal.

Hence this is non conclusive & just a pacification done from TML to cover 50% of the charges. I repeat my decision that "no more Tata products in my life". Thanks again.

Special thanks to Mr. Johnson for being patient enough to understand & accompany me. I've got my Storme back with new Rear discs & Pads 30mins back.

@ All,

To the so called top level tight lipped management Team, I pity all your customers. Don't feel proud that you've solved this issue as the real issue still remains unsolved at the risk of our lives. When you hear any story of a Safari Accident & the lives lost in it, at that moment feel happy that you've attained the end of this great episode.

Regards,

Anand James Paul

On 25 January 2018 at 13:12, johnsonrihard v <johnsonrichard.v@concordemoto rs.com> wrote:

Dear Sir,

Good Afternoon

After having discussion with you today morning and taken concern from you , We have discussed to renew the Brake Pad & Disc assy: Both RH & LH on 50% discount for parts as a this discount is specially considered by Tata Motors and vehicle will be delivered to you in Road Worthy good condition by this evening at your door step.

Kindly be free to call me at any time un future for better service.

Regards,

V.Johnson Richard

Manager - Service

Concorde Motors (I) Ltd.

Ambattur

+91 89 399 81921

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:46 PM, james.r <anandjamespaul@gmail..com> wrote:

Sir,

Why are you sending me a formal mail. I'm fed up.. Leave it & continue your good work. Thanks for wasting my time and your time.

Regards,

Anand

On 24-Jan-2018 21:35, <surya@tatamotors.com> wrote:

Dear Mr Anand James Paul,

This is in with reference to your mail addressed to our Vice President on 22nd Jan 2018, has been forwarded to us for necessary action.

At the outset, we regret the inconvenience caused to you.

As we spoke, today received your vehicle & checked at Concorde Motors, Ambattur for the issue of Rear Brake worn out.

After the checking the condition of the brake disc and Brake Pads, we found that brake pads and disc were worn-out due to normal wear and tear but not due to any manufacturing defect. Hence the same cannot be replaced under warranty.

Still as gesture of goodwill, Concorde Motors will offer 50% off on the repair of rear brake pad and disc replacement.

For further any clarifications, please do contact the undersigned.

Assuring you our best services always,

Surya Narayanan S

Senior Manager – Customer Care South2

Tata Motors

+91 89398 83996
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 12:55   #670
BHPian

Friends.....

Is it still a good idea to buy a Storme in 2018?
Please read this query in the context of the H5X / H7X launch in early 2019, risk of regulations on 2000+cc diesels, ageing of Safari platform, availability of spares, already dismal resale.

While I love the new concepts from TML and it would be ideal to buy those, I do think they will be pricier than Storme, may launch at least 1 year away if not more and have initial gremlins.

Alas, amongst the effort TML have put into new cars, they should have at least updated the dash and console on the Storme.

cheers
lazy
Old 13th February 2018, 13:55   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Friends.....

Is it still a good idea to buy a Storme in 2018?
Please read this query in the context of the H5X / H7X launch in early 2019, risk of regulations on 2000+cc diesels, ageing of Safari platform, availability of spares, already dismal resale.
Should will still be fine even now. Storme is not the old Safari platform. Remember it came after Aria. If you speak to people how have used both Safari & Storme, they will tell you the differences. If you buy a Storme now, there should not be any problem with regulations for next 10 yrs at least, for use within metro's. Spares has not been a problem. Coming to the H5X / H7X, I too think these are going to be priced a little higher than the Storme.
Old 15th February 2018, 10:29   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Should will still be fine even now. Storme is not the old Safari platform. Remember it came after Aria. If you speak to people how have used both Safari & Storme, they will tell you the differences. If you buy a Storme now, there should not be any problem with regulations for next 10 yrs at least, for use within metro's. Spares has not been a problem. Coming to the H5X / H7X, I too think these are going to be priced a little higher than the Storme.

Thank you condor for sharing your thoughts.

It is a difficult situation because the H5X/H7X look awesome, but totally uncertain about timelines and pricing. Whereas the Strome is a known devil, know exactly one is getting today for what money.

Another interesting thing about Stromes is that dealers have almost zero stock, it will be delivered on order basis.

cheers
lazy
Old 15th February 2018, 23:52   #673
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I being smitten by these thoughts

1> Is there a vendor who can fit EAPS steering into Storme. Off late during my lazy drives, I feel lil extra muscle twist is being experience on my forearms. Well, I pushed back my seat further back and the exertion on fore arm muscles is much greater then.

2> Installing 19 inch alloys will further elevate the vehicle height and CG position is change too. But will this help vehicle attain an next level of refinement with NVH like hexa does on bumps?

my mind is focussing more on point 1.

Please share your suggestions.
Old 16th February 2018, 00:14   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
1> Is there a vendor who can fit EAPS steering into Storme. Off late during my lazy drives, I feel lil extra muscle twist is being experience on my forearms. Well, I pushed back my seat further back and the exertion on fore arm muscles is much greater then.
Do you think the problem is because of you arm / or if it is the steering ?
Old 16th February 2018, 00:29   #675
BHPian

The steering at parking speeds is causing the discomfort to arms as it requires more effort and spins.

During highway runs, its easy for me as the vehicle stays mostly in straight lines.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks