Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:01   #961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any idea which dealer is supporting this Trivandrum NEXA? Indus/ Popular?
This is supported by a Nagercoil based group called Srivatsa International.
y448 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 16:53   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
Have any Baleno owners got their Airbag software upgraded after the callback?
More details into the issue will be appreciated!
I got mine(petrol cvt) updated today. The update was flashed via the OBD port. The process took less the 30 minutes.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 17:18   #963

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Got my Baleno airbags software updated today at Khivraj Guindy. It was just a 10-15 minute affair. Got a message of acknowledgement from the service center and I guess we will get a call from Maruti in a week or so.
Old 5th June 2016, 22:19   #964
BHPian

Any Idea if Baleno will come with the CVT for the Alpha Variant? I badly wanted the Projector Lamps and the DRL.That is what gives the premium look for the Baleno unlike the other variants which resembles the Swift a little too much .
Old 6th June 2016, 00:23   #965
BHPian

Re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Hi,

I'm planning to book the Baleno Sigma Diesel @ Rs. 7.3 lacs OTR. There is no Nexa dealership in my home town, Trivandrum yet, and I'll have to book from Cochin. They have promised to give a test drive, "when the vehicle is available in Trivandrum". I've been asked for Rs. 11000/- as token booking amount, and they assured a 6-7 months waiting period for the diesel and 4-5 months for the petrol.

Should I go ahead and put down this cash to ensure a place in the queue, or wait for the Nexa showroom in Trivandrum to finish construction in about 2-3months and then hopefully get to the first of the queue here?

I know there's no chance of any discounts, but is there any comparable alternative in terms of features to the Baleno? Also, considering that my monthly running is unlikely to exceed 1500 kms, and that I'll be getting 25L of fuel paid as conveyance from office, does it make sense to go for the petrol Delta version instead? ICE is a big priority for me. I have a sub and front comps in my current car, and I aim to transfer that setup into my new car. Or, should I go for the Sigma Petrol and use the money saved on ICE and alloys?
-I'd say book in Kochi now & when the Thiruvananthapuram Nexa's office opens up for booking - they may commence that some time before construction gets over -go immdtly & try your luck; if you get a quicker delivery there, cancel the Kochi booking & get the 11000 refunded.
-With just 50kms/day average running, a petrol Baleno would be fine.
-See if your current HU/Sub can fit in the Baleno,if so,you can go for a Sigma petrol& save a fair amount of money.
You would have to weigh the usefulness of the extras that you get with the Delta vs the Sigma;some are cosmetic e.g, wheel covers,the chrome on the grill,remote keyless entry, rear window defogger - of no use in a climate like your home towns while the rear wiper may be useful.
The point is , you need to judge their value to you vs what extra you'll be shelling out.
The Baleno is a great car at budget prices.

Last edited by Kamal : 6th June 2016 at 00:27.
Kamal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 13:47   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
PS: details like Kilometers done and services history would help fellow BHPians further when responding.
I have been lately getting stuck in mumbai traffic on the now dreaded WEH. The quality of the fuel is the same though. Tire pressure maintained at 29. No junk in the car boot. Car had recently gone for the servicing after 5000 kms.

And by the way, its down to 13.6 now.
Old 6th June 2016, 19:27   #967
Senior - BHPian

I got mine delivered yesterday, after waiting for just below 2 months.
Delivery process was unhurried and smooth.

Did Mumbai Pune and MID read 18.3 at the end , this is with 4 adults, and full luggage. Very impressed to get such a figure so early.

We went to take delivery in bhpian SLICK's TATA ZEST.
Wife is not happy with Baleno ride quality in comparison.
Suspension does not soak in large ridges and bumps.

Will be starting a thread soon.
Old 6th June 2016, 20:42   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I got mine delivered yesterday, after waiting for just below 2 months.
Delivery process was unhurried and smooth.

Did Mumbai Pune and MID read 18.3 at the end , this is with 4 adults, and full luggage. Very impressed to get such a figure so early.

We went to take delivery in bhpian SLICK's TATA ZEST.
Wife is not happy with Baleno ride quality in comparison.
Suspension does not soak in large ridges and bumps.

Will be starting a thread soon.
Congratulations on your new Baleno..was it a petrol or diesel??
Also the bumpyness is an issue with Baleno.. few of the owners tried lowering the pressure by 1-2 psi to counter that..
nitinrawatdun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 09:56   #969
BHPian

May 2016 Sales :

Baleno : 10004
I20(Elite+Active) : 10472

Source : Auto Punditz

Assuming the sales of I20 Active to be around 1500-2000, Baleno is clearly ahead of Elite I20 by good 1000 numbers.

Cheers !!
kashyapz8055 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 11:30   #970
BHPian

Hi Guys, I want to discuss one strange problem that I have been facing in my Baleno Delta. It has EPS as we all know which is very light an easy to use in city and gradually weighs up when increasing speeds. Well that is what EPS is supposed to do right. But the moment I cross 120kmph (not endorsing or promoting fast driving), the steering suddenly becomes super light and develops a lot of play as if I am moving at 10kmph. Now this happens each and every time and it happens suddenly. So it's like the steering weighs up pretty normally till 120kmph and the moment I cross it, it suddenly lightens up scaring the living daylights out of me. I mailed Maruti regarding this just yesterday and am awaiting their response. I want to ask other BHPians if anybody of them has faced a similar issue in either Baleno or any other car.
P.S. - There were a lot of speculations about the instability of the car because of its light weight. Well I managed to somehow push it to about 140kmph (don't know how and more importantly why) and the car remained relatively stable and planted. The passengers didnt feel the car being light. So I guess the car is unstable at speeds beyond 100kmph but not because of the obvious reason (lightweight) but because of some issues in the EPS.
Old 8th June 2016, 16:10   #971
BHPian

Does anyone has a list of accessories for Baleno along with the price list? I searched the thread but couldn't find.
Old 8th June 2016, 16:17   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Hi Guys, I want to discuss one strange problem that I have been facing in my Baleno Delta. It has EPS as we all know which is very light an easy to use in city and gradually weighs up when increasing speeds. Well that is what EPS is supposed to do right. But the moment I cross 120kmph (not endorsing or promoting fast driving), the steering suddenly becomes super light and develops a lot of play as if I am moving at 10kmph. Now this happens each and every time and it happens suddenly. So it's like the steering weighs up pretty normally till 120kmph and the moment I cross it, it suddenly lightens up scaring the living daylights out of me. I mailed Maruti regarding this just yesterday and am awaiting their response. I want to ask other BHPians if anybody of them has faced a similar issue in either Baleno or any other car.
P.S. - There were a lot of speculations about the instability of the car because of its light weight. Well I managed to somehow push it to about 140kmph (don't know how and more importantly why) and the car remained relatively stable and planted. The passengers didnt feel the car being light. So I guess the car is unstable at speeds beyond 100kmph but not because of the obvious reason (lightweight) but because of some issues in the EPS.

In continuation with my previous post, just got a call from Nexa Customer Service asking me about the problem and whether I informed the Service Advisor of my Service Centre. I also informed her that I had heard some others are also facing a similar issue on online platforms (Someone had posted the same issue on Quora). She said she is escalating the issue and will look into what can be done. Now I don't know what will Maruti do to resolve this issue but I am definitely pleasantly surprised by the prompt response which assures that someone there is at least reading our mails

Will keep you posted on any progress.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2016, 10:29   #973
BHPian

Can some one help me knowing how many more months I would have to wait for getting my Feb booked baleno delivered? No clues from RM also :(

I am getting a bit impatient now and also considering now i20 petrol which even after being a great product, looses out to Baleno as far as the driving experience is concerned. Baleno is simply a more sorted driver's car anyday.

TIA..
Old 9th June 2016, 12:04   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Can some one help me knowing how many more months I would have to wait for getting my Feb booked baleno delivered? No clues from RM also :(

I am getting a bit impatient now and also considering now i20 petrol which even after being a great product, looses out to Baleno as far as the driving experience is concerned. Baleno is simply a more sorted driver's car anyday.

TIA..
Shiv the waiting period depends on many factors such as trim level, petrol vs diesel and also colour.

I also booked Baleno 1.2 Zeta in Feb and last week received an email saying that the delivery will be delayed by 6-7 weeks(25 weeks total).

On the other hand my flatmate booked the 1.2 Delta variant a week after me and his delivery is due next week. May be people before him in the waiting queue have cancelled their bookings, i am also hoping for the same to happen to me
Old 9th June 2016, 12:10   #975

I booked my Zeta CVT on 9th May and RM said it will take 28 weeks. Two days back I checked with them he said my priority number is 3 and I can expect the delivery next month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks