Old 3rd March 2016, 17:50   #631
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
The color is the same as mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by insidious View Post
Ray Blue was my first color choice. But I didn't go through with it - I had always given Granite Grey as the alternate and switched over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Hi Congrats for your new Car. I too have booked the same colour but in the top end trim. Now I am currently out of India and have no way to see the car in flesh, more specifically in my chosen color. Do you mind posting some pics and give us visuals on how the car looks in this colour ? TIA..
Guess all of us have bought the car in the same color - Granite Gray. So, can we say that Granite Gray is the second most sought after color after Ray Blue?? Personally, i think that apart from Ray Blue (which of course looks good), Baleno looks the best in Gray.

@Shiv: Mine too is the top end Alpha trim in Granite Gray. As i have already mentioned earlier, the car is a looker and turns all the more so at night with its DRLs/Projectors/LED tail. Cannot post pics now as the pics are on my iPad which i am not carrying. Will do it soon.
Old 3rd March 2016, 18:05   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_kochi View Post
Is my obseravation true? Could anyone please confirm this that touch screen of Alpha baleno is a top end car sans CD slot?
Congratulations Krish on your booking. Yes, the Smartplay Infotainment System in Alpha does not have a CD slot. Delta & Zeta variants have it though. The Smartplay system supports Radio, USB, Bluetooth, Smartphone & Aux inputs. If you are very particular about listening to Audio CDs, you can attach an external portable CD drive through the Aux port and make it work.

Mods: Sorry for the back to back posts, as i couldn't figure out how to edit my previous post and add this new quote there. Please merge this with the previous post of mine, if possible.
Old 3rd March 2016, 18:17   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
@Shiv: Mine too is the top end Alpha trim in Granite Gray. As i have already mentioned earlier, the car is a looker and turns all the more so at night with its DRLs/Projectors/LED tail. Cannot post pics now as the pics are on my iPad which i am not carrying. Will do it soon.
So that means we are car mates , BTW I am a resident of Bangalore and Nexa exp being my first Maruti exp, hasnt been bad at all so far. That too considering all of the coordination is done only through whatsapp. I come from a Honda Family with last 3 cars being Honda, took a detour this time and booked Baleno instead of Jazz. Hope that it goes fine. Do post some generous pics. Just want to be sure that I took a right decision. Thank You.
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:12   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Congratulations Krish on your booking. Yes, the Smartplay Infotainment System in Alpha does not have a CD slot. Delta & Zeta variants have it though. The Smartplay system supports Radio, USB, Bluetooth, Smartphone & Aux inputs. If you are very particular about listening to Audio CDs, you can attach an external portable CD drive through the Aux port and make it work.
[/i]

Thank you viv_cal;3924785 for your timely reply.
Yes, That's what exactly I am thinking of now, to attach a mini portableCD player to the aux port and play. A new problem could arise then - where to infuse this gadget?!!!!!

I think the Nexa brouchure of Baleno has checked the box true for having a CD slot for aplha variant. Isn't it? Misguiding the customer... huh!
Yes conformed to the new norm of converting all those CDs into .mp3 files.
Less luggage more the comfort.

Of late,What'st the waiting period for Petrol Alpha variant?
Read today that Vitara Brezza is about to launch on 8th of march. Will this have any impact on Baleno's delivery/waiting period?
Old 4th March 2016, 10:58   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
So that means we are car mates

Just want to be sure that I took a right decision.
Yes we are!

Going by the experiences of our fellow bhpians over the last 3 months, and my personal experience over the last one week, i think you took a right decision by choosing Baleno. I too had booked the i20 initially, but then cancelled and switched to Baleno after TDing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_kochi View Post
A new problem could arise then - where to infuse this gadget?!!!!!

I think the Nexa brouchure of Baleno has checked the box true for having a CD slot for aplha variant. Isn't it? Misguiding the customer... huh!

Of late,What'st the waiting period for Petrol Alpha variant?
Read today that Vitara Brezza is about to launch on 8th of march. Will this have any impact on Baleno's delivery/waiting period?
Yeah, that problem is there. If you are very keen on listening ONLY through CDs, maybe you could try to slot the CD player in the glovebox with two-sided tape to prevent rattling. But i would personally advise to shift to flash drives and mp3. Its about time you did it.

Checked the Baleno Brochure. You are right, they indeed have checked the box for CD even in the Alpha variant.

The current waiting period here in Kolkata is about 24-28 weeks (6-7 months). The Baleno is commanding a huge waiting specifically for the petrol variants. Since Vitara Brezza will initially be offered only in diesel, i do not see its launch having any major impact in the Baleno's waiting period. For those in the market for a diesel hatch, i20 is a better option than Baleno, and it shows in the current sale numbers. So if at all Brezza will have any impact, it would be relatively more on i20 than the Baleno.

One of the main reasons for Baleno's huge waiting is the export of the car in substantial numbers overseas. So only when Maruti re-works their domestic vis-a-vis export allocation numbers, can we see paring of the waiting period.
Old 4th March 2016, 23:08   #636
BHPian

Hi

Quick Question :
Do you think we'll see any chances in the pricing for Swift after the huge success Baleno has had ?
Old 5th March 2016, 08:56   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Hi

Quick Question :
Do you think we'll see any chances in the pricing for Swift after the huge success Baleno has had ?
No chance at all in the near future. If you look at the sales numbers of the swift, it is still motoring along at 14-15k units a month. No reason to reduce prices.
Old 5th March 2016, 11:47   #638

Hi All,
Baleno is my first car (infact first car ever in my family). Hence, don't know much about cars. Can anyone help me with following

1. Which documents should I have all the time with me (in original, and in zerox).
2. Is there anything that I should check regularly about the car.
3. Is there any additional work or accessories that I should get that'll help in keeping the car in good health.
4. Any other suggestions....

Thank you..
Old 5th March 2016, 21:35   #639
BHPian

Drove the Baleno 400 odd kilometers from Mumbai to Aurangabad.

Here's a brief review of how the CVT spec petrol does on the highway.

The TLDR version for now:

Pros:
* Extremely comfortable. In fact, more comfortable than the xuv500.
* suspension was nice, especially on the move where she soaks up bumps effortlessly
* handling is fabulous upto about 120.
* Seats are extremely comfortable. A 400 km drive in the XUV really gets to my back. Here, I was not tired and could easily walk about with no fatigue or back pain.
* in regular drive mode, engine is quiet, cabin is very silent. No outside noise really. In sport mode, engine gets noisy.

Cons:
-Engine is seriously underpowered. Coupled with the CVT gearbox, you get a lot of noise but little action.
-Taking off from the power issue, overtaking is a major pain. I solved it by pressing the Sport mode button and that helps to a large extent, but also makes it noisy.

Fuel efficiency: (as per MID): 15.4 kmph (as per tankful): 16.5 kmpl

Route taken: Mumbai-Nashik-Niphad-Yeolas-Vaijapur-Aurangabad

Mumbai-Nashik is fab, after you cross Shahpur but the highway has deteriorated with multiple large potholes, between Shahpur and Igatpuri. Worse than it was in October, which is strange because it hasn't rained since then. Took about 2 and a half hours to get to Nashik from Bandra.

Got lost in Nashik, as the GPS on my phone insisted on me taking NH50 towards Sinnar. Luckily at the petrol pump, they pointed me back towards Nashik city and told me to take the road past the mint (jail road) and eventually, I was on SH30 towards Aurangabad.

SH 30 is fabulous with a few bumpy sections, all the way to Yeolas.

Post Yeolas, the road falls apart and there was a 5 km detour over the railway track (instead of the flyover, had to take a side road that was bad, cross the level crossing, and get on an even worse road)

Thankfully that section ended soon enough and we were back on SH30. At Vaijapur, you join the Mumbai-Aurangabad-Nagpur highway. It's a pathetic two lane road and for the first 30 kms, I was driving super slowly as I kept passing trucks and cars with punctures.

Finally, it gets better about 40 km away from Aurangabad, but nothing like SH 30.

Can't seem to upload photos as I keep getting a security error but will try from the PC once I get back.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 18:33   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Drove the Baleno 400 odd kilometers from Mumbai to Aurangabad.

Here's a brief review of how the CVT spec petrol does on the highway.

Hi Djpeesh

I am taking delivery baleno CVT in 2 weeks,have a couple of questions -

1. How is the low end torque- did you find it adequate for city driving?

2.How is the performance till 120kph- did you have problems overtaking even in 2 digit speeds?

Last edited by Eddy : 6th March 2016 at 19:29. Reason: Please do not quote a large post. It hampers readability for our small screen users. Thanks
Old 6th March 2016, 19:26   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Hi Djpeesh

I am taking delivery baleno CVT in 2 weeks,have a couple of questions -

1. How is the low end torque- did you find it adequate for city driving?

2.How is the performance till 120kph- did you have problems overtaking even in 2 digit speeds?
Hey Sathish,
1. low end torque in city driving is good enough. It still doesn't bring a smile to my face like the i10 automatic or the Swift manual. But it's decent.

2. Overtaking at speed isn't too much of an issue, but the gearbox is a bit lazy so I push it into sport, overtake and then turn sport mode off.

Hope this helps.

As an overall city car package, my dad (who's car it is) is very happy. It's a pity about the highway performance. A 1.4 liter would have been brilliant.
Old 6th March 2016, 20:34   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Hey Sathish,
1. low end torque in city driving is good enough. It still doesn't bring a smile to my face like the i10 automatic or the Swift manual. But it's decent.

2. Overtaking at speed isn't too much of an issue, but the gearbox is a bit lazy so I push it into sport, overtake and then turn sport mode off.

Hope this helps.
As an overall city car package, my dad (who's car it is) is very happy. It's a pity about the highway performance. A 1.4 liter would have been brilliant.
Thanks djpeesh.
I am not sure what's the issue with maruti when it comes to automatics- they either have a brilliant engine with a outdated gearbox (ciaz) or a good gearbox with less powerful engine (baleno).
Old 7th March 2016, 11:07   #643
Senior - BHPian

https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-suzu...-12190184.html

Baleno has crossed 1 lakh bookings.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 18:38   #644
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you for your patience ad in papers today. So looks like no plan to increase domestic supplies.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160307_183314.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 21:13   #645
BHPian

All,

Took the delivery of Baleno Petrol Alpha(Ray Blue) 20 days back. Till now i have driven 1000 km where 500km. Delivery experience from Nexa is Good for me. It took time for me to learn driving Baleno because of it width, and now i think i am adjust to its size but still driving in crowded area is very difficult. The best thing is the FE which i am getting, below are figures :

FE in highway (with ac) = 21
FE in city (without ac) = 22
FE in city (with ac) =20

The other thing which i concerned are that in NCR gear lock is necessary but Nexa is not providing gear lock as accessory, i talked to a person in Autocop , he told me that he will fit the gear lock in Baleno. But i am concerned that fittng gear lock may void the warranty, does any body fitted gear lock in baleno?

If not gear lock what other options i have in terms of theft security, i asked to accessory shop he told me instead of going with steering lock, gear lock provide more safety.

Also the other problem is , while playing music from USB, when album(music folder) is finished it dosent moves to next folder, instead start from current folder itself. Does i am missing any setting?

Some pics :-
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160216_133158.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160216_133200.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160216_133221.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160216_133226.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160216_133236.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160216_133718.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160219_165216.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160219_165225.jpg
rajpandey10 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com