Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:55   #3046
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophomore View Post
I am having Baleno Alpha (Dec 2018) with just 2.5k km in odo in 2 months. I have observed few sounds/doubts and I am listing it down:

1. A swish sound from the front side is observed when the accelerator is pressed. The moment it is depressed the sound disappears.

2. Sounds are observed from rear when (sound are similiar to those caused by spring)
(a). A person egress/ingress.
(b). When the handbrake is released while the car in a slope.

3. Hissing noise observed while braking in slow speeds.

4. And I am having a strange feeling like something is holding my car while in acceleration

It would be great if someone could help me with some inputs.
Regarding the accelerator noise, please get it checked. Never heard that in my Feb 16 Baleno till date.

Brakes on the baleno have had a lot of issues. Get them checked by service center guys. The sound on handbrake release is normal.

I too had hissing noise from brakes. The service center guys cleaned front discs and it's just reduced a bit.

You shouldn't get the feeling of brakes holding your car. This can also be an issue with hand brake cables holding on.

I guess, a through brakes inspection will solve most of your issues, so get it done asap.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 18:35   #3047
BHPian

Hi, Is there anyone having trouble with the car's windshield washer fluid system?

I have a 2015 Baleno with the rear windshield wiper as well and have been facing a problem for a while now. The fluid tank gets drained up astonishingly fast.
We use the washer fluid very occasionally unless during monsoons. During monsoons the fluid barely lasts 2 weeks.
When asked at the service center we were informed that it's normal, but the fact that we had 2 Swift's from the same company where we had no such problem, raises concern.

Please advice whether this is something particular in our car or is normal.

Regards
Abhinav
Old 3rd April 2019, 19:40   #3048
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Hi, Is there anyone having trouble with the car's windshield washer fluid system?
Check the washer fluid tank for any leaks.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 19:44   #3049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Please advice whether this is something particular in our car or is normal.
There is nothing that can make the reservoir drain faster than usual except for a leak and the first place to suspect that would be the plastic pipes that transport water till the nozzles. Rat bite is the most common cause and hence you need to check for ant signs of this in the bonnet area where these pipes originate from the washer fluid tank.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 20:19   #3050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Check the washer fluid tank for any leaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
There is nothing that can make the reservoir drain faster than usual except for a leak and the first place to suspect that would be the plastic pipes that transport water till the nozzles. Rat bite is the most common cause and hence you need to check for ant signs of this in the bonnet area where these pipes originate from the washer fluid tank.
I had asked about the same the first time I took the car in at the Nexa service center, to which the RM said there was a small leak which had been rectified, but the problem persisted and the next time they say that the fluid only lasts this much and it is normal.

Also the fluid comes with a little too much foam through the rear washer jet. Attaching a picture of the foaming which I'm not too sure is normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20171123_210234.jpg  

Old 6th April 2019, 10:55   #3051
BHPian

Quote:
I had asked about the same the first time I took the car in at the Nexa service center, to which the RM said there was a small leak which had been rectified, but the problem persisted and the next time they say that the fluid only lasts this much and it is normal.
After marking the fluid level in your reservoir, stop using it for a few days. By checking the level afterwards, you could find if there is any leak still happening. The level won't change if there is no leak and you don't use the washer during the period.

Quote:
Also the fluid comes with a little too much foam through the rear washer jet. Attaching a picture of the foaming which I'm not too sure is normal.
Should be due to excess windshield washer fluid or shampoo used in the reservoir. Empty the fluid reservoir, top it up yourself and check it. This should solve your foaming issue.

Last edited by Nimalan : 6th April 2019 at 10:57. Reason: typo
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 11:03   #3052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
After marking the fluid level in your reservoir, stop using it for a few days. By checking the level afterwards, you could find if there is any leak still happening. The level won't change if there is no leak and you don't use the washer during the period.

Should be due to excess windshield washer fluid or shampoo used in the reservoir. Empty the fluid reservoir, top it up yourself and check it. This should solve your foaming issue.
Will try doing as suggested.

Regarding filling up of fluid I did fill it up myself because of the same but there has been no effect.
The foaming is to an extent that we cannot use the rear wiper.

Regards
Abhinav
Old 6th April 2019, 11:51   #3053
Distinguished - BHPian

2019 Maruti Baleno facelift with Hybrid spied testing in India.

No power-train nor launch details available yet, could be a BS VI model?

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-b1.jpg

Source:CarToq

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th April 2019 at 11:57.
Old 6th April 2019, 13:15   #3054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2019 Maruti Baleno facelift with Hybrid spied testing in India.

No power-train nor launch details available yet, could be a BS VI model?

Attachment 1866083

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=WgyDMBNY7s0

Source:CarToq
Even though the article mentions that this is the top spec model, but looking at the tail lights and side profile, I am sure that this is the Zeta variant and not the Aplha. But good to see this technology trickling down to entry level models in the run up for BS6 compliance.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2019, 18:15   #3055
Senior - BHPian

Well, i have almost narrowed down on a Baleno CVT Alpha for city use which would be replacing our 6 year old diesel Ecosport but some one i know in Maruti has asked me to hold off the booking for now.

I was advised that the BS6 compliant car could be on its way and it would be wise to wait. Not sure on what advantage or disadvantage would be there, last i read, the BS6 cars could come at a slight premium.
Anything i should keep in mind, the discount is anyways peanuts on the current car - 10k exchange and 3k corporate.
Old 23rd April 2019, 08:48   #3056
BHPian

The BS6 compliant version is out as per yesterday's news articles.

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...-engine/33623/
Old 23rd April 2019, 11:53   #3057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I was advised that the BS6 compliant car could be on its way and it would be wise to wait. Not sure on what advantage or disadvantage would be there, last i read, the BS6 cars could come at a slight premium.
Anything i should keep in mind, the discount is anyways peanuts on the current car - 10k exchange and 3k corporate.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno has been launched with two BS-VI-compliant petrol engine options – the new 1.2-litre K12C DualJet with the Smart Hybrid system, and the existing 1.2-litre K12B petrol. Prices for the existing K12B variants of the Baleno range from Rs 5.58-8.90 lakh, while the DualJet Smart Hybrid engine is only available in two variants – the Delta (Rs 7.25 lakh) and the Zeta (Rs 7.86 lakh, all prices, ex-showroom, Delhi).

Maruti Suzuki Baleno’s price has gone up – the existing 1.2-litre K12B engine variants are now more expensive by Rs 13,000-20,000, while the DualJet Smart Hybrid variants cost Rs 89,000 more than the equivalent K12B variants.
Old 24th April 2019, 21:08   #3058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
while the DualJet Smart Hybrid variants cost Rs 89,000 more than the equivalent K12B variants.
Thanks, seems the Maruti birdie was right. I had booked the car on 16th April with Nexa Gurgaon, a phoenix red Alpha cvt. I had told the dealership am interested in taking a BS6 car and they were quite honest about it. Was advised that they would be able to deliver the car around first week of may with the updated emission norms.

I would not care too much for BS4/BS6 but these over night rules like banning 10 year old diesel cars etc made me wait it out for the car with updated emission norms. The sales advisor would update me with exact allocation details on 27th April, it would be a red hot Phoenix red Alpha Cvt.

I only had Jazz and Baleno to choose from and Jazz lost it out on the looks (muv type shape) and the fact that it may be phased out when the new gen city comes in, was never too fond of it. VW Polo GT Tsi was not considered thanks to its DSG gremlins and i have had a hard time living with my Vento Tdi prior which was unreliable and the after sales support was pathetic.
My test drive experience are as follows :

Pros
1. The ride and handling balance is good for a city hatch, my car would do 90% city drives and the ride seemed good and very silent for such a small and light car. Steering feel was also good if we compare it to other auto hatchbacks, the car felt agile, never pushed it too high as for us its a city commuter, it is a stiffly sprung car and not loose like the Elite i20.

2. K12 with CVT is a very smooth combo if one does not prod on the throttle extremely hard, the car takes off nicely but mash the throttle and you can hear the 1.2 screaming in a good way but with no relevant increase in speed.
The Fuel efficiency seems good as well.

3. Sat in a friend's cvt with 28k on the odo and was surprisingly rattle free, a couple of squeaks here n there but was commendable for a Maruti. I have 2 small rattles in my F30 320D which has done 29k kms and i paid a fortune for it so Maruti has really come a long way compared to cars like first gen swift.

4. Looks really sweet and is kitted out very well, the Alpha has every thing including the convenient uv cut glass which only comes on top spec now. Sweet led projectors, smartplay studio, auto dimming blah blah

5. The last but the biggest strength is the Maruti name tag with an unprecedented peace of mind, ask some one who has dealt with VW India for 6 years. This is the reason i love our 320D as well, been bullet proof reliable so far in 4 years and 30k kms, the support from parent company is top notch too.

Cons
1. The exterior build quality is pathetic to say the least, very light build and am sure this thing would get dented at the drop of a hat. The fact that our earlier cars were tanks (Linea, Vento, Ecosport) doesnt help too.

2. Plastic quality is below average for a car touching 10 lakhs on road, especially power window panel and door pads, feels hard and scratch prone.

That is all i can think of now, eagerly awaiting our new family member, would share the details once i get delivery.
Old 25th April 2019, 00:05   #3059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I would not care too much for BS4/BS6 but these over night rules like banning 10 year old diesel cars etc made me wait it out for the car with updated emission norms. The sales advisor would update me with exact allocation details on 27th April, it would be a red hot Phoenix red Alpha Cvt.
But the BS6 version does not have a CVT option as of now. I may have understood your post wrong I guess. The BS6 Baleno is only launched with 5MT transmission, CVT is only available with BS4 engines as of now. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 25th April 2019, 13:05   #3060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
The BS6 Baleno is only launched with 5MT transmission, CVT is only available with BS4 engines as of now. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The older 1.2 engine that would be shipped out with other variants and cvt would be BS6 compliant at a slight premium of 13-15k.
The Dualjet with smart hybrid is also BS6 compliant.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks