Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2018, 18:43   #2851
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post

Could you try once to park putting on the parking brake first, release the foot brake and then press the foot brake and shift into P and see if there is a difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Come to stand still > Engage Park brake fully (if at an incline, release the foot brake gently to double check parking brakes have engaged full, can be done in N mode) > then re-apply foot brake and then move the shifter to Park mode. This will avoid putting excess load on the shifter mechanism and an easy release when starting off. You can refer your car user manual, it would also mention the same.
Thanks Nmenon and Jaggu - I tried this yesterday and the lever movement is very smooth.

Damn, I should have posted this question in 2016 (or) being a Team-BHPian I should have referred the owners manual thoroughly
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 19:38   #2852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
Should i go ahead with the purchase? Although the SA promised that it would be a June 2018 one. Please advise.
MA3EWB22SJE492532
Regards
You can go ahead with May 2018 model. Do check the VIN on the car during PDI to be sure. It will be on the left side of the engine bay.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 22:28   #2853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manan_02 View Post
It is May 2018 and not June 2018. Probably a typing error from you. Please clarify. Thanks for your input.
Also, Anybody up for PDI in east delhi on friday or saturday? Please PM
Even if it is May 2018, it should not be a problem at all.

Please go ahead with the purchase.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 10:49   #2854
ada
BHPian

Some Baleno Queries:

I own Baleno RS; 3 months old. I have observed some typical behaviour, just want to check if this is for everyone or for me only or if there is some solution.

1) The moment you press the clutch even if you have not changed the gear the gear number disappears from MID.
2) Quiet a few times esp after you start the car the tracking lines of the rear view camera is late to appear, sometimes the time lag is significant.
3)If I remember correctly in my older Ritz once you lock your car if you press the lock key from the remote there would be no response from the car confirming that you had already locked the car. In baleno if you press the lock key again you get a beep, leading to confusion that whether one had locked in the first place.
Old 23rd June 2018, 11:29   #2855
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Some Baleno Queries:

I own Baleno RS; 3 months old. I have observed some typical behaviour, just want to check if this is for everyone or for me only or if there is some solution.

1) The moment you press the clutch even if you have not changed the gear the gear number disappears from MID.
When you press the clutch, technically no gear is engaged hence the MID will not show any gear.

Quote:
2) Quiet a few times esp after you start the car the tracking lines of the rear view camera is late to appear, sometimes the time lag is significant.
True for most camera displays. The systems are really slow. Same seen in Renault and Hyundai Creta.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 13:20   #2856
BHPian

Has anybody availed MCP for Baleno? I would like to know the cost for different plans (economy, executive, and premium).

Thanks in advance!
Old 25th June 2018, 13:36   #2857
BHPian

I am an owner of Baleno Delta petrol since 2015. The experience has been pretty pleasant so far, and except the light build which is prone to dings and dents, I am pretty satisfied with my car.

But yesterday as I opened my boot to put some things in it, I noticed a rusted spot on the vehicle. And that spot is not on the inside of the boot or the outside, but at the part where the rubber beading of the booth touches the boot door.

Thinking of informing Nexa about this, that their "premium" offering has started to rust within a couple of years itself.

Attached are the pics of the same
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180624_172339__01.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180624_172339__02.jpg  

Old 25th June 2018, 13:59   #2858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
But yesterday as I opened my boot to put some things in it, I noticed a rusted spot on the vehicle. And that spot is not on the inside of the boot or the outside, but at the part where the rubber beading of the booth touches the boot door.

Was the car left to rains! Water wash done outside and didn't look at these places? Looks like it. Wonder how a particular patch would rust as such?
Old 25th June 2018, 14:07   #2859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Was the car left to rains! Water wash done outside and didn't look at these places? Looks like it. Wonder how a particular patch would rust as such?
Naah the car has a basement parking at office as well as home so that seems unlikely. Even if the car is left in rains like cars which do not have covered parking, the rusting shouldn't have occurred.

The car gets a watchman wash and I don't give the keys so the wash is mainly exterior wash and boot seldom opens.

I have a couple of rusting spots on the right front fender and rear left fender due to stone chip which I got fixed and that's ok because that was due to foreign element. But a rust near the rubber beading left me clueless.

Also earlier, I was of the opinion that cars do not need underbody anti rust protection because manufacturers take care of that. But after this incident I am contemplating getting one for my vehicle as well.

P.S. Shot a mail to Nexa. Let's wait and watch what they reply.
Old 25th June 2018, 16:42   #2860
BHPian

Hello!

Has anyone got message from Maruti celebrating sale of 4 lakh units?

It reads:

Dear Customer,
Baleno has made a bold statement with 4 lakh plus sales in record time. We thank you for your support in making it possible.
Old 25th June 2018, 17:03   #2861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hello!

Has anyone got message from Maruti celebrating sale of 4 lakh units?

It reads:

Dear Customer,
Baleno has made a bold statement with 4 lakh plus sales in record time. We thank you for your support in making it possible.
I Did.

I want to check if anybody installed any under body engine guard. Is it provided as an accessory.
Old 25th June 2018, 17:52   #2862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post

This must have been caused by removal of paint layer due to repeated friction on opening and closing of the boot and also stagnation of water between the metal and the rubber. Check the corresponding body portion where the rusted spot meets when the boot is closed for signs of contact.

And after the car is washed, always open the doors, hatch,hood etc and dry the crevices and places where water might stagnate. I admit that the electrolytic coating under the paint layer should have taken care of it but places like these which remains damp longer due to rubber beading and subject to constant rubbing needs special attention.

--gk--

Last edited by --gKrish-- : 25th June 2018 at 17:57.
Old 25th June 2018, 22:17   #2863
BHPian

Hello.
I'm not a Baleno owner but I follow multiple 'Baleno owners group' where buyers post/boast images of their instrument cluster showing figures that have no real match.

Here's one such. This is Baleno Petrol MT.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-36176519_1722038211213800_8301579021846577152_n.jpg

Avg fuel economy is 22.2 kmpl. Fuel tank at almost 3/4th. With a 37L tank, there's almost 30L inside give or take. 30L * 22.2 = 666 kms range ideally. Make that even 600 to be more realistic.

But the image shows a range of 406 km.

it's not just this post. I see so many more. What is actually happening here?

I understand avg fuel economy is keeping the earlier 1000 odd kms in consideration, but a 200 km difference in range is abysmal.
vigvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 22:32   #2864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigvr View Post

Avg fuel economy is 22.2 kmpl. Fuel tank at almost 3/4th. With a 37L tank, there's almost 30L inside give or take. 30L * 22.2 = 666 kms range ideally. Make that even 600 to be more realistic.

But the image shows a range of 406 km.

it's not just this post. I see so many more. What is actually happening here?

I understand avg fuel economy is keeping the earlier 1000 odd kms in consideration, but a 200 km difference in range is abysmal.
The display of average fuel economy can be configured from the MID settings to reset either manually, or reset along with Trip A or not reset at all. The default setting from the factory is not to reset, but can be changed from the setting menu.

So if I reset it manually and then drive in 5th gear for a few hundred metres with a very light throttle, then the MID shows crazy numbers. That's what is happening here.

Personally, I've configured it to reset along with reset of Trip A. I reset Trip A at every tank up. This way, the average shown is for the particular tank of fuel and is generally accurate to the real world average, with an optimistic offset of 1-1.5 kmpl.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 25th June 2018 at 22:35.
Added_flavor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 19:24   #2865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigvr View Post
Avg fuel economy is 22.2 kmpl. Fuel tank at almost 3/4th. With a 37L tank,
MID indicates Fuel efficiency since the time you reset it.
For eg: If I reset MID and start driving on highways, its going to show high numbers easily. When you reach city roads, MID numbers will start coming down slowly.

MID FE indication that you see - Is a summary for the entire duration IMO.
Fuel indicator is not very accurate after half-way mark in Baleno.

Last edited by silverado : 27th June 2018 at 19:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks